Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Well?
This poll is closed.
Great posts, Adam Bowen. 95 24.74%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ 124 32.29%
You're very handsome and good at posting 93 24.22%
I'm a dipshit who wants to be probated forever 72 18.75%
Total: 250 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Eonwe posted:

Jimby, as our resident MLG pro skillshot master, should really be a part ofthis

he could make a sick killstreak video and upload it to his channel

a win win

My Toshiba laptop poo poo the bed on me this past Saturday. I ordered a gaming pc for future invites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

If Jimby doesn't get called out then there's no point in doing another challenge

I'll make sure I'm in the next challenge.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

I don't know much about him, does he post anywhere but his stupid trick shots thread?

stupid trick shots? lmao

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Eonwe posted:

nope, he literally registered to show off his OwninNPwnin youtube channel, has only really posted in those threads, and gets really mad when kewpuh changes all his youtube links to clips from Child's Play

its the perfect match because he puffs himself up as being good at video games

so either he wins and people get to see what a badass Jimby is, or he loses and hopefully kewpuh will agree to ban him because he is worse than stux

Thanks for your opinion! And I post/comment in other threads besides my own. Thanks for caring about me :)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

thatguy posted:

Jimby claimed to not have a computer capable of running Doom II.

That being said, I nominate Jimby.

I purchased a new laptop in order to participate in future contests.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Entropia posted:

who the gently caress is this jimby tranny human being

I'm Jimby, who the gently caress are you?

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

that's so funny, I fell off my dinosaur.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Entropia posted:

are you loving illiterate as well as a retard? gently caress off

You words are hurting me. Please stop.

Jimby fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 11, 2015

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Thanks for voting for me :)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Ruggington posted:

is the b in jimby silent???

nope

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Eonwe posted:

are you going to practice quake live Jimby

yeah, and it's unlike anything I've played before. I don't play on PC so I'm probably going to lose and get probated/banned. I love being thrust into a game I know nothing about.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

Does anyone have a Twitch account or know how that poo poo works? Need someone to be in game doing the spectating/streaming. I asked vbc if he wants to do commentary and we'll see if he can Twitch stream it too.

I have a twitch account.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

A badge for the winners/losers would be pretty cool if someone can make some funny ones. I think a stickied thread and deciding the next challenge is a pretty good reward though, I already have an idea for another challenge if I win. I'm not very good at Quake Live though so it will probably be Jimby setting up a trickshot competition in GTA online

I have never played Quake Live. I've watched footage and I am probably going to lose. I'll try, but it's not looking good.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

Jimby's probably going to win anyway

quite the opposite, actually.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

March 18th 7 PM Pacific we're going to do a test run, I'll setup a game and see if I can invite all participants and someone to spectate/stream to Twitch. Testing is optional but if you skip it and then suddenly can't get in the game on the 22nd then we'll assume you're a dodging bitch

i'll be there. private message me more details so we're on the same page so we can practice.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

gnarlyhotep posted:

Jimb I just want you to know I wasn't being sarcastic about you stepping up

You're the only one so far who hasn't complained about some bullshit

you weren't like *in idiot nerdlinger voice* "uueehhuuuhhh...my system requirements I can't play"

you just said "I probably suck at this but hey let's go"

and that is kick rear end

thank you. I'll take it like a man and do my best.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Kewpuh posted:

jimby practice with the railgun thats all you will ever need. get into a habit of jumping and aiming down through the chest with the railgun

i've been taking notes and coming up from strategies. it's not some dumb game. i know of it but never had the pleasure of playing it.

Until now...

BUM BUM BUMMMMMMM

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Kewpuh posted:

quake isnt really about headshots so aiming for the head is dumb and will get you killed

I've noticed. My opponents should be so lucky :)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

Participants need to link their Steam community page so we can all add each other http://steamcommunity.com/id/fiwer/

Hey Adam, my laptop displayed a message saying "the cooling fan is not working properly. Please turnoff your computer and return it promptly."

If you need proof, I can take a picture. If you want to ban me for 30 days since I have to send back my laptop, that's fine. But I need to send it back asap.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

Tell them to expedite the gently caress out of shipping you a new one because you have a shitposters challenge to take part in

Lol I think they could care less but I'm shipping it tomorrow.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

If they don't believe you, link them to some of your posts

I will, but I'm pretty pissed off my laptop ($800) poo poo the bed and needs to be sent back. Thanks, Toshiba.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

If they don't believe you, link them to some of your posts

Well, I just left the UPS store, contacted Amazon and my new replacement laptop will arrive tomorrow (3/19). I've still yet to practice Quake Live (for obvious, legit reasons) so I'm basically going to be collateral damage running around in this tournament, but I am NOT backing out, contrary to you calling me a "dodger." I'll do my best. Is there crouching/ducking in the game? Just wondering, so I can childishly T-bag if/when I kill you :)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Eonwe posted:

Also Jimby, basically by doing this you have purged yourself of your former bad posts and can now move into accepted shitposter

people will still say the same mean things to you, but at least you can be an accepted shitposter instead of one who just joined to post his videos

I'm contemplating just posting them in the YouTube category of the forums, to avoid drama. I'm welcome to challenges from others who think they're better than me.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Kewpuh posted:

ya i dont really give a poo poo about the youtube videos if hes making an effort to post in other threads and not just be here specifically to shill a channel

I only did it because it's obviously video game related, i have been contributing to other threads (more when I get my laptop back) and thought they were decent at best, and hoped to inspire others to challenge my skill or out-do-it. Anybody can snipe someone in the face in the video game, but when it's unique (to be determined by the viewer) it's worth sharing with others. Now that I will have a decently powered gaming pc, i'll be playing/streaming H1Z1 and other Steam games that have been on my wishlist.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Eonwe posted:

i can make a youtube thread here in Games of sick kills and ownages and it can be your safe place, jimby

im being unironic about this too

its not that you posted videos tbh, its that joining SA to pimp your videos/product/company whatever usually just gets you hosed with

That's nice of you and that would help. I didn't mean to piss anyone off when I started posting in the game threads

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

I still don't have a Steam ID for Jimby or Black Baby Goku. I know Jimby is waffling about dodging, but BBG hasn't really posted much so I don't know if he's in or not.

Sorry about that. I'll get you my Steam ID tomorrow.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

THE PENETRATOR posted:

am i allowed to shill my youtube channel if yes: click my sig if no: click my av

Don't worry, I subbed :)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

That's fine, 7:30 PM Pacific work for everyone else?

yeah, that's fine. My Steam ID is Jimby29

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

Not finding you, add me as a friend

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fiwer/

This is what comes up when I try to add you.

"Error adding friend. Please try again."

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

There's nobody to stream or provide commentary by the way, I'll try to record and upload it I guess afterwards unless somebody else wants to step up

I have a Twitch account, but need to set up to stream with Steam

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

thatguy posted:

These kids 'bout to get ownin'd and pwnin'd.

at least I showed up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Eonwe posted:

Victory Dome: general custard's last stand

that's the perfect analogy i used

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Adam Bowen posted:

Jimby was mad cause I turned off load-outs lol

lol a little flustered. but, good game to everyone except me. I poo poo the bed on that series. Now I can delete the game off my PC :)

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Akumos posted:

yeah now upload the vod so I can see me shooting you and hear you whining irl

i'll consider it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Akumos posted:

if you upload the vod I won't draft you for the next tournament, if you don't I'll win 100 tournaments and draft you in every one

:wth:

LOL or....you can just go to my Twitch channel where it's archived in HD....

twitch.tv/xxfuneralfirexx

• Locked thread