Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

Fog Tripper posted:

I'll try to find the specific quote, but it has been spoken of that AV will be the old style with SHredders, body part loot/quests, KORAK and such. Well worth mentioning in the OP. It will be something that vastly sets this server apart from the others. IMHO this cannot be overstated how awesome an old iteration of AV would be.

added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
You shoulds add some addon infor the addon fiends who need to know exactly what bear asses vendor for.

At level 25 and from what I can tell there is about 5 horde for every alliance in just about every contested zone.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 14, 2015

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

:pcgaming: SHOTS FIRED :pcgaming:

PVP war in stone talon mountains

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Seems like something is about to happen at the gates of Ironforge soon.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo this much world pvp with no server lag is godly. Thank you 2015 server technology.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

okay that ended quickly

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
Count me in as well, on Horde side as madmulligan tonight, made a lot of characters but can't decide what I feel like playing on here. Send a invite if you catch me on.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Spiffy:
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=220
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2721#p26926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnlZIWjpWE

May also want to put a blurb about Pyrewood Village. Something "new" they added to vanilla.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 15, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ShadowMoo posted:

I made a chat channel named Goonsquad pw: lljk

Odd. Was able to join without a pw
Do they quit existing when the creator exits game?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Do these vanilla wow emulators ever add custom content or is it just the same poo poo from ten years ago

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Jackard posted:

Do these vanilla wow emulators ever add custom content or is it just the same poo poo from ten years ago

Vanilla blizz-like servers try to emulate what the game was like during 1.12.1

There are servers that do some pretty weird stuff though, and when these things started coming out they were mostly novelty pvp things in zones that you couldn't normally access

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jackard posted:

This server is adding all of the cut content that was supposed to be in AV, from what I understand.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jackard posted:

Gee I don't know. Perhaps if you scroll up 2 posts above yours you may find out.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ShockDawg 2L posted:

2 months after Ahn Qiraj temple is cleared, the Scourge invasion will begin.

Good times. I recall fondly infecting capitals with the plague, as player controlled zombies.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

When ZG releases they should let the plague bug stay around for a few days, for that Authentic WoW Experience

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

The Shortest Path posted:

When ZG releases they should let the plague bug stay around for a few days, for that Authentic WoW Experience

Was it ZG or Nax that the plague originated from?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Fog Tripper posted:

Gee I don't know. Perhaps if you scroll up 2 posts above yours you may find out.
Already watched it, thanks buddy

Fog Tripper posted:

Was it ZG or Nax that the plague originated from?
I think plague grief was ZG, another grief might have been from Molten Core? Both of them involved pets; one spread plague, the other turned them into a bomb. You brought either to the auction house and let loose.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 15, 2015

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Could someone link me to a good site for 1.12.1 builds? I'm really hesitating on allocating some of the points for the Frost Mage that I'm working on.

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

level 20 checkin:

still very few bugs. I had to drop a quest or two and re-acquire it in order to turn it in completed (didnt have to repeat the quest)

other than that everything essentially works.

and in addition the boat doesn't crash the client when you have two windows open like on other servers!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's the goon population like on the horde side?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

10+ online most of the time. The goon presence is definitely concentrated on horde, on this server. Probably because some of the ED people came and rolled horde here.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Think I might swap over. It's pretty quiet in the alliance guild and there's also the added fun of having 20-30 high level horde camping the first contested zone 24/7 which is a touch dull.

Edit - And now they have moved to camping the flappy land point lol.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Made it to level 21 on horde side without finding any bugs. The leveling has eased up a bit now that everyone is no longer in the starting zones. There may be a couple bottleneck quests, but you can just skip those.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
What is the name of the horde guild, might make a shammy or drood in addiction to ally.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Going to stay on horde I think. Alliance goon guild is pretty dead. If anyone wants 1 whole gold from my hunter, they are welcome to it.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

ShadowMoo posted:

What is the name of the horde guild, might make a shammy or drood in addiction to ally.

Better Call Thrall.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Alright fine, I'll reroll horde.

BUT I WONT LIKE IT

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

anyone who wants to press on alliance side should consider joining <Axiom>.

Guild leader and members so far seem like pleasant normal adults. I'll try do play both factions but time is limited as always

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
I'll be sticking with Alliance, I'll take your one whole gold Tai!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ShockDawg 2L posted:

anyone who wants to press on alliance side should consider joining <Axiom>.

Guild leader and members so far seem like pleasant normal adults. I'll try do play both factions but time is limited as always

I joined Ouroboros myself, they're pleasant people for the most part. I also have a couple guys left in Razorfen if we do end up getting that off the ground, though it's looking kind of unlikely.

And yeah if someone bailing on alliance wants to give money/stuff to Gailbelber or Teaspoon, I'd really appreciate the helping hand.

Jonithen
Jul 23, 2008
"Argh this game sucks there's too many people fighting for the same mob / doodad I need for my quest!"
*rerolls on faction with even more people*

Seriously though guys hope you have fun if you run Horde.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

It's not that bad on horde, unless you play EU prime in the starting zone. It will thin out quickly.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Brave New World posted:

Could someone link me to a good site for 1.12.1 builds? I'm really hesitating on allocating some of the points for the Frost Mage that I'm working on.

Answering my own question from earlier:
http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_8_8c525020102w5353203100251301

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
This is why it's good to have all goons on one side or the other; otherwise, the split guilds are too small. Several goons are also joining other guilds, so there really hasn't been a concerted effort to get all SA folks into one place--which hurts when it comes to guild bank characters, leveling and dungeons, and raiding. This is one of the worst general wow populations I have ever seen (especially edgy racist remarks), so sticking together might be nice.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Someone mentioned this in-game and I love it. Download ShaguQuest http://shaguquest.ericmauser.de/ it can pull from a dumped MaNGOS database to print to map all possible spawn locations for quest items and NPCs.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 16, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is this for PvP or raiding? If the latter I don't understand why it uses both Frost Bolt and Arcane Missiles. But then again I never raided as a mage.

EDIT: I'm guessing you spam frost bolt and then use AM when you get a clearcasting proc?

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 16, 2015

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Jonithen posted:

"Argh this game sucks there's too many people fighting for the same mob / doodad I need for my quest!"
*rerolls on faction with even more people*

Seriously though guys hope you have fun if you run Horde.

Faction balance seems very slightly in favor of horde, but not overwhelmingly. Just did a census that came in at 53% horde 47% alliance.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Im a druid lol I hope u goons are nice people who like trannis

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

My :spergin: has got the best of me at the moment so I need to ask - why are the WoW private server threads not in the Private Server subforum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

They could also belong in the Blizzard subforum. It's kind of weird.

• Locked thread