Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1, Integrity 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

Oh boy, a new class room with new people! It wasn't exactly the best like, too many students could overload a teacher, but that was totally fine because it meant more new friends! I was so excited as I popped my door into the classroom, scanning around quickly for the desk that'd had my name put on it. Aw, I wasn't in the front row anymore, that was like, totally lame, but that's okay because other people might need the front row! I skipped my way down, but then simply had to stop as I saw the girl sitting in front of my desk to be, looking all upset.

"Hiya! It looks like I'ma be sitting behind you now, so like, I'm Felicia! It's great to meet you and like, I hope we'll like totally get along!" I totally resisted the urge to lean in and hug her already, I mean I hadn't even gotten her name, even if she was upset that'd be a bit much! For now I just leaned in close to her and giggled, my hair down in front of my uniform just barely not touching her arm, my tone completely conveying my glee at meeting a new person, sweet as a honey, and just a bit too loud - loud enough the whole class could hear at least. The scent of strawberries coming off it and me, as I leaned in just a bit too close - I never was particularly good at personal space, dad always said that I shouldn't be afraid to get close to someone.

Unintentional Turn On: 2d6+1 8
Marking XP for Hot already

quote:

Skin: Unicorn
Looks: hairstyle, translucent eyes
Origin: Blessed

Hot: +1
Cold: +-0
Volatile: +1
Dark: -1
Integrity: 0

Moves

With Integrity
You judge your own actions harshly, holding yourself to a high moral standard. You have a fifth stat to reflect this, which starts at zero and can climb to 3. Gain a point of Integrity when

- you take the moral highground about an issue that matters,
- you follow through on something important that you say you'll do.

You can gain up to 1 Integrity per scene. When a move calls for you to roll with integrity, erase 1 Integrity after you roll.

Prophecies
When you predict the outcome of a PC's intended action well before they undertake it, roll with integrity (& then erase 1). On a 10 up, the decisive move's roll will succeed as a result of 10 up, or automatically miss, choose now. • On a 7-9, as above, but you'll have to be there to help it along.

On a successful roll, read this aloud: "A PC may defy this prediction by breaking their own heart."

A Good Person
Spend an Integrity to offer someone an experience point to do what you say. If they undertake to do that thing, and you directed them towards making a third party happier at no one's expense, mark experience.

Spooked
When you run into someone's arms, they choose: you mark experience; they become their Darkest Self. If it's an NPC, MC chooses: you mark experience, or they make a hard move.

Blessings
(If you pick this, read it aloud.)
When other people seek your blessing and erase a String on you, tell them whether you approve of their intentions. If you approve, they carry 1 forward to realizing it. If you don't, they take that String on you back.

Lesser Beasts
When you're near them, you can converse with animals in their own form of speech. Full sentences and broad concepts, with strange gaps of knowledge.

Sex Intimacy Moves
When you lay your head in a virgin's lap, gain a point of Integrity and choose:
SS give them 1 forward to protecting you,
SS roll to turn them on.

When you kiss a non-virgin, take 1 harm.

When you have sex, lose all your Integrity.

Darkest Self

This is it. Everything falls apart, and you can't hold it together anymore. It's not because everything is too much to bear – just that you aren't good enough. So beg their forgivenesses, everyone you've wronged by being too weak to help; and show them how sorry you are, in whatever small ways you can muster before the final curtain falls. Don't seek their acceptance. You don't deserve it. You escape your Darkest Self when someone reflects to you a glimmer of your own self worth.

Backstory

Someone is thinking about taking something from you - discuss with them and decide what it is. You each get a String on one another.

Someone's in love with you and has told you about their feelings. Gain 2 Strings on them.

People Should Never
eat meat, lie, talk back, be selfish, hurt the environment/animals, break the law, support sweatshops, disobey elders, swear, dance, drive a car, do drugs, appropriate cultures, bully, gossip, misgender people, make someone cry, use others, smoke, hurt others, be disrespectful, ignore suffering, not help the hurt, break promises

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot 0, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

I smile patiently at Ian as I sit down next to him. With a grin, I notice the back of that Wharncliffe girl a few rows up as introductions are made by the teacher, and make sure my necklace is proudly on display. With the interesting Felicia just a couple seats away, there were a lot of options. Her, Donna, Ian, Sondra....

...wait, where was Sondra?! Oh no. Quickly, my eyes dart around the classroom, specifically, where we've been stuck in at the back. Only eight seats! ONLY. EIGHT. SEATS.

Ok, ok calm down Lydia. Don't let anyone see you, ugh, are you about to stand up? Sit down. Good. No one saw you almost lose it. Sondra wasn't a definite, yet.

...Sondra is one of Cassandra's friends. The girl I talked about before? We have almost the same proportions. Well, Sondra is a year ahead of Cassandra (clearly). So I wanted to know if she was interested in the girl, or the body. But this...flooding issue...seems to have ruined that. Who knows where Sondra's gotten off to, now? I'll have to make do for now with those around me. It probably wouldn't do to push past Lizzie, to say hello to Felicia. No need to look strange right away. And it would be better to bait Donna from a distance for the time being. So that leaves Ian, who is no one else is going to bother with, so I have time.

So, new strategy. Who is near me? Well, Lizzie and Nadifa looked like they were getting into it with Charles, the racist prick, so no desire to bother over there. Either Mark (ugh), or Jay...hmmm. I don't know a lot about him, he seems - shifty. But shifty means he's hiding something, and hiding things are interesting, so maybe...

I turn around in my seat and flash Jay a smile, then roll my eyes. "Can you believe this? Shoved in like spare furniture - how absolutely demeaning, isn't it? What a total embarassment." I shrug my shoulders as I roll my eyes again, a calculated maneuver, designed to attract his eyes to the necklace, and then to unbuttoned top button of the uniform...but he's paying absolutely zero attention to that.

This whole Sondra situation has thrown me off my game.

Rolling hot to turn on Jay, but 2+2 = 4, so no good.

quote:

Look: patient, gleaming eyes
Skin: The Anansi
Origin: On your own

True Form: Many eyes, fangs

Stats:
Hot: 0
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 1

Moves

Hidden Agenda
You have a Hidden Agenda; sometime during the first session, choose one:
- to see __________destroyed;
- to win __________'s love;
- To gain possession of _________;
- to learn the secret of __________.
When your Hidden Agenda is achieved, mark experience and choose a new one. When your Hidden Agenda is no longer hidden from the other PCs or can no longer be achieved, become your Darkest Self. Whenever you escape your Darkest Self, you may replace your old Hidden Agenda with a new one.

Shame On Me
When you betray the hopes and expectations of others, you gain a String on the person you most disappointed and they mark experience (if they're an NPC, they act at an Advantage).

The Web Of Life
You are always connected to those you have Strings on. When you gaze into the abyss to spy on someone, add 1 to the roll for each String you have on them; on a 12+, you may spend those Strings even if you're not in the same location.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition entangled with you...you decide if this means physically, socially, emotionally, as part of your schemes, or any combination of those. This counts as entangled, for purposes of other moves.

Darkest Self
Your spider nature asserts itself and you assume your true form. All the games are over now...you will seek your (possibly not-so) Hidden Agenda to the exclusion of all other pursuits, even if it is beyond your reach, and everyone who gets in your way will find themselves entombed in silken sarcophagi. To escape your Darkest Self someone must stand in your way and make you laugh, or make you think.

Backstory
One or more others have been in your web before. Take two Strings on someone, or one String on two someones.

Your bizarre antics are well known. Everyone gains a String on you.

Strings
Jessica: 2, Donna: 2, Thom: 1, Felicia: 1

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: -1 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 2
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Liar, Isolated, Victim

I don't want to be here, and I hate everyone. I was up nearly all night waiting for dad. Obviously, he never showed. At the current rate, when I see him again in a decade, it'll be for what, three seconds? That rear end in a top hat.

And now Donna knows everything. Knows that I'm a witch, that dad left me, that I can remove hexes - even knows what the magic circles and symbols I draw look like! Which is just great, since I bet she also knew my dad was lying to me, and she didn't tell me.

Making today even worse, the second I got to class I noticed there were way too many people here. There's two new rows, already full of people - I'm not in the back anymore! Even with Mr. Barker's explanation, I'm still irritated. Especially when he goes back to his paper, and everyone starts to chat. Jessica returns Thom's jacket, flirting him with him and basically deserving another hex already.

You know what though? I can't hex her, my rear end in a top hat dad and Donna will beat the poo poo out of me again. Yeah she's hotter than me, but I'm smarter and actually have a personality and I'm not a giant bitch. gently caress it. gently caress you, Jessica, and you too Thom. I sigh angrily, then go back to reading Snow Crash while being obviously pissed off.

Right when I'm getting to a good part, I feel the shadow / gaze of someone in the aisle, and look up to see who it is. Some really short girl, I guess one of the new ones? She looks like she just ate a bucket of sunshine. "Hiya! It looks like I'ma be sitting behind you now, so like, I'm Felicia! It's great to meet you and like, I hope we'll like totally get along!" Wow she is intense, and leaned in way too close, and is this like...

Felicia gains a string on Megan.

Looking around, there's some people watching us. Now this makes sense. It's like, a joke or something. On me. Of course. Why won't they just leave me alone?

Leaning as far away from her as my chair allows, I'm not letting Felicia earn some cool kid cred by being mean to me easily. Trying my best to look wholly disaffected and bored and not an emotional wreck I respond to her. "I'm Megan. I doubt it. Anything else?"

Shut down Felicia: 2d6+1 11
Felicia gains the condition Rejected, marking XP.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 9, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Rejected

I kept grinning even as Megan moved away from me and glanced to the others, but then as she got to looking so uncaring, as she stared at me so harshly and said she didn't think we'd get along, it hurt! Really really bad! I could already feel the little tears welling up in my eyes, but I took a deep breath, willing them to not fall as I stared at Megan still, moving just a few inches back from her. "N...no... no-nothing else. I-I'm sorry for bothering you..." I muttered it quietly, the hurt just went right into my words even as the tears were held to my eyes. I didn't say anything more and moved quickly to behind Megan, sitting in my seat quietly.

Once I was seated, I reached down into my bag, pulling up a small handkerchief, and wiping at my eyes with it shortly. I didn't think it'd go that bad, I was sure I'd make a new friend and she just was so mad at me I don't know what I did. I kind of stared at her back for a few moments before pulling my eyes away, scanning over the rest of the class. I recognized a few of the people from lunch time and years before, at least, but not many. The girl who'd told me she liked me was here - Donna - oh goodness that was so embarrassing. Even with how sad I was, a light blush tinted my cheeks.

I knew I shouldn't take rejection like this, I should have been braver and kept talking to her, my father would be so disappointed in me for giving up so easily on someone who was upset and needed a friend. But it just hurt... maybe I'd try later, at lunch or something...?

As for the dance, my parents had already given me the go ahead to go, and I'd been putting together a costume. Nothing fancy, I was going to just go in a nice dress I was sewing for myself. I was going to go as a princess, proper and upright as that is. Not one of those horribly lewd or improper costumes that so many people liked to wear during the holiday, or the mean scary ones. I never understood the appeal of scaring others...

Hold Steady: 2d6 7

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 9, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Jay Parker
Hot 1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions

The dance is soon, and people are starting to pick who they're going out with. I know that I'm probably no one's first choice as myself, but it might be nice to get dressed up in something that isn't other people's clothes for a change. Still, could be a great opportunity to cause some trouble for someone. I've got my head down on my desk, trying to figure out who is where in the room and how likely they are to be trouble without making too much eye contact. I raise my head part-way, eyes scanning the room to find lots and lots of trouble. And not just the simple kind of trouble like everyone's favorite racism enthusiast Charles. No no no, the complicated kind of trouble. The kind of trouble that comes with...

I suddenly miss my old spot, a few rows in, where people wouldn't talk to me in the morning. Haven't even fully figured out who I want to be today, and I've still got some time to figure that out. Interrupting that is the somewhat pleasant voice of one of my classmates Lydia. Not hard on the eyes, but she has some very strange ideas about socialization and manipulating people and the like. That outfit of hers is useful because I can get away with a lot of things as her, pretty easily. I rub my eyes gently, noticing that she's pretty much all but shoving that necklace of hers and those breasts of hers into my face. It'd be more arousing if it didn't look like as awkward as some sort of mating ritual.

I look at her breasts for a moment, grinning to myself. "Hello." I pause, looking down at her attempts at seduction or whatever it was supposed to be. "Speaking of total embarrassment, you do realize that your top is pretty open, right? I can't tell if you're trying to do something with all that or just normally like giving everyone a show?"

Shut Down Lydia: 2d6+2 9
Trade Conditions. Let's go with Slutty for Lydia. Also, marking XP here.

"I don't think anyone's offended, of course. Did no one ask you to the dance yet or something?" I try to continue the conversation after the jab, knowing that it's less likely to lead to anything too crazy like shouting or finger-pointing. Or storming off for that matter. Too much bringing of attention is bad.

quote:

The Cuckoo
Name: Jay Parker
Look: Sleek, Vibrant Eyes
Origin: Foster kid

Stats:

Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Darkest Self:

Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It grates on you. It's time for you, the
understudy, to take that place in the spotlight; you portray them so much better than they do. It's time
to take them out of the picture, using whatever means necessary. Replace them. You escape your Darkest Self
when something they do surprises you, or someone shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

Sex Move:

Once you've had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.
(List them here, and also add +1's to your outfit list.)

Moves:

Feathers
Your magic lets you pass as the person whose clothes you're wearing. When you're seen wearing someone else's
clothes, but aren't yet passing, roll with hot. On a 10 up, you're passing as them - you'd fool their mother and
their favorite hookup. Mark the outfit you're wearing below. • On a 7-9, same as above, but choose one:
}} the magic will dissipate if you kiss or get kissed,
}} the magic will dissipate if you lash out at anyone.

While you're passing as someone, give social Conditions you receive to them instead. This won't let you avoid physical Conditions, though.

Shredding The Looking Glass
When someone suspects you're not who you appear to be, read them this: "If the enchantment were to be broken, the edges would be very sharp.
You momentarily notice a gap in my magic. Choose one:
}} tear my magic away - my identity is revealed and the clothes are in tatters, but you get scratched up in the process and take 1 harm,
}} or, shake your head to clear it - it was nothing."

Close to the Sun
When someone suspects that you're not who you appear to be, mark experience.

Advancements:

Your Backstory

You've stolen an outfit from someone. Record it under "Outfits," and gain a String on that person.

Someone gave you an outfit so that you could impersonate them - discuss with them and decide why. Record it under "Outfits," and you each get a String on one another.

Outfits
Lydia (Stolen)
Megan (Given)

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 9, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Slutty

I pause, for a moment as a deadpan expression falls across my face. Who did this little gnat think he was talking to me like that? Straightening my back, I tsked, audibly enough for him to hear. "Well, if I hadn't, I'd want someone who matters, at all, to ask. Know anyone like that?"

Jay can have the condition Inconsequential

Obviously, I wasn't waiting for an answer. With a toss of my hair I turn around. Brilliant. I can tell this entire new seating arrangement is going to be a delight. I take a glance to my right - Felicia is looking rather crestfallen. Did she just try to talk to one of the 10H insects? And got rejected? I suppose there was a silver thread, after all.

Thinking a moment, I tear out a piece of notebook paper and jot down a note, then fold it into a paper airplane. One of the advantages of my transformation is my manual agility - it's a lot better than it used to be, and likely better than it would have been had I not been, well, what I am now. So, a simple toss with the proper arc and -

Nose down directly on the center of Felicia's desk. On the front it read "Open me", inside:

quote:

Hi Felicia,

I know we haven't talked much, sorry. But you seem like an awesome creative person. I'm having some trouble cooking up a costume for this Halloween dance. Wondering if you have any advice. Talk later?

-Lydia

Ok, so I wasn't sure I was even going to bother with the ridiculous Halloween dance - it seems superfluous when you're always sort of acting in a Halloween way - but maybe she'd at least look up? Ah, there we go. I wave. And smile, don't forget to smile.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions Inconsequential

I smile through the insult quietly, watching as she turns and pouts or whatever she was doing. I must have hit quite a nerve there, maybe I should take it easy when I don't have any coffee in the morning. I notice the little paper airplane flying through the room, noticing who it was aimed for and grinned. Good thing Lydia seemed all pissed and not paying attention to whatever's going on with her top. This should be fun to watch. Then again, maybe I should figure out this dance thing before it got too late. At the very least, I can find a date as someone else if need be, although I may need to get another set of clothes if I want to pull that one off. Unless I know Megan's not going to show up, I'm pretty sure I don't want go as bitchy, slutty weirdo Lydia. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'd need something a little more attractive than what I've got.

There's also the problem of not really knowing the situation very well. Jeez, maybe that was a little shortsighted, Lydia does seem to pay attention to everyone's everything, could probably have gotten some good info on what was going on. I look near me and try not to sigh, seeing that Mark and Ian are going to be my main sources of information without throwing notes myself. I turn towards Mark, trying to look more than half-asleep. "So, hey, Halloween dance is soon, you got any plans for it?"

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 9, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I looked up to my desk when I noticed a note land on top of it, saying to read it, and blinked, glancing around but opening it. Oh, Lydia was passing me a note asking for advice on what to dress as, but really, a paper airplane is such a disrespectful thing to throw in a class room. I crumbled it up, and looked over towards Lydia, shaking my head, then standing up. I made myself down the aisle and then over to hers, moving down it and smiling to her, only barely needing to bend down to be face to face with the girl, "You could have asked me after class, what if you had hit someone with that? That would have been horrible." I scolded softly, but then smiled, "I'm like, super excited too, though! I'm making my costume, it's a seeecret, but I'm going to be a princess." I was so good at keeping secrets, as I giggled happily, my mind already distracted from Megan in front of me, "I don't know what you should go as though, like, hmm, maybe... I dunno!"

As I looked her over, I blushed lightly, my hands moving on their own towards the woman's chest, as I chided softly, "Your top button's undone, Lydia, really, you should be more respectful to the teachers, and what would people think of you?" My fingers were already fixing the button as I leaned in oh so close to do so, completely oblivious to the class.

Unintentional Turn On: 2d6+1 9

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatitile-1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Mental, Bully.

Oh bloody hell, the classroom is crowded to a ridiculous degree. Keeping track of all the trouble developing is going to be a full time job, especially with (passionate internal sigh) Felicia to moon over. Right, let's sort out a quick checklist:

• Jessica is flirting with Thom, risking firing Megan up again
  • Megan is getting cranky with Felicia, which is unacceptable
  • Lydia is here, which is...fine, really. So long as she keeps to her own people
  • Felicia is here and I must look a complete mess in my spare blazer and why didn't I spend more time on my hair this morning?
  • Ugh that twat Charles is ranting about Pakis again like it's 2007 or something.

Right. First, stop trying to fix your hair. Second, get Jessica's attention, just tap her on the back so she turns away from Thom for a second and I can whisper to her:

"Turn it down a notch, darling. I went to a lot of trouble cleaning up after you yesterday, and you're about to make the same mess, get it?"

Shut Down Jessica (tagging Judgmental): 2d6+2 8 Give her the condition Incurable Flirt, get one in return, mark xp for cold

Hopefully she gets the message and doesn't get her nose out of joint. Next, make sure Megan knows that I'm helping her out here. Just eye contact should be fine, maybe a little nod. She doesn't need to take action against Jessica, I'm handling it. If that improves her mood towards F, then that's all for the better.

Next, think of something cool and interesting to say to Felicia rather than just staring like a complete goon. I get out of my seat on a pretext of getting away from Ed and walk down towards her and - did Lydia just pass a note? Oh, that conniving bitch! And now she's leaning over and whispering and fixing her buttons gently caress poo poo gently caress!

I half sit, half lean on Lydia's desk and make myself as obtrusive a third wheel as I can.

"Hey, Lydia. Good morning, Felicia. How nice to see you both. What's the latest news? Don't leave me out in the cold here."

Jealous Coils on Lydia (Slutty): 2d6+3 8

Felicia should choose - give Donna a condition, or have her say something she'll regret.

Marking xp for rolling dark

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I looked up as Donna sat on the desk, frowning lightly at that but busy with a deep blush that got on my face. The image of her stopping me in the hall, grabbing my hand and telling me I was 'perfect' and she 'wanted me' still in my mind, a confession of love from someone I only barely knew, and now shared a class with. I stuttered lightly at her question, "W-we were just discussing the halloween dance, and I was saying I was making a dress to go as a proper princess. T-though I'll be going without a prince."[/i] I didn't know why I said it, but I said it, and I blushed deeper for having said it, something about being someone who confessed to me just made me so... uncomfortable. I'd never had anyone like me before...

Giving Donna the condition 'Prince(ss)'

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 9, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Slutty

I am taken aback a moment as Felicia stoops to button my shirt for me. She smells like a freshly picked strawberry - that has to be some perfume. Despite myself a bit of a blush overcomes my cheeks. "Y-yes, Felicia, thank you. You're always so kind. How silly of me to forget what's proper." I offer her a smile. As an arachnid I'm fairly sensitive to temperature changes - and I believe the thermostat in this classroom just went up.

Felicia gets a string on Lydia

Oh, there's Donna - back down it goes. I offer her a smile too, but it's a lot less honest of one. As she sits on my desk - like she owns it! - I tilt my head and raise an eyebrow. Really, in front of me, you're going to interpose so blatantly? Push your (metaphorical - though, judging by those calves...) weight around? And people tell me I lack subtlety! I squeeze her kneecap - it was friendly, right? At least it looked that way. And then I respond to her.

"Donna!" I fake the cheer in my voice. Clearly, neither one of us wanted the other around, but Felicia was in my territory first - it doesn't matter that my territory has been temporarily moved, you obsequious...."I'm so happy to see you! Say, Felicia and I were discussing sewing costumes. Or, well, Felicia was, I was going to suggest we could perhaps sew together, and now you're here!" The words seemed friendly. But, the way my hand was clenched, and the intensity in my eyes was clear to Donna: Go. Away.

Rolling to Shut Donna down, tagging Bully

<lifegetsworser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> lifegetsworser, 6+2 = 8

Going to give Donna the condition Interloper. Taking an xp for rolling Cold.

Also, declaring "Win Felicia's love" as my Hidden Agenda. A rival for affections means it's an affection worth having.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 9, 2015

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Mental, Bully, Prince, Interloper.

Lydia can have the condition 'Touchy Feely' in return

Of course she gets physical straight away, and tries to drive me off with a line about sewing. Unfortunately for her, she's hit on one of my (many) personal strengths - I loving love crafts, sewing and making costumes. I politely but firmly brush her hand off my knee and match her cold smile with one of my own.

"Oh, brilliant! I was going to have a stitch session myself, we should all team up! I have bunch of stuff left over from last season's theater group, and plenty of things to accessorize with! We can just blow the competition out of the water, right Felicia? And don't you worry, if some handsome prince doesn't snap you up before the event. I can just about guarantee all eyes will be on you once you make your entrance."

Eyes, not hands. Remember that, Lydia. I don't say that I wouldn't mind snapping Felicia up myself, not in class. Not with people this close. I settle for moving over to her desk and pulling my phone out to get her number.

"If you want we could all get together at lunch and make some plans, I have some pictures of the dress I'm thinking about altering as the base for my costume. Were you thinking long, short, plunging neckline, high collar, sleeves, strappy..."

I gesture on my body to the various regions I'm talking about, watching as Felicia's eyes follow my hands around.

Turn on Felecia (Rejected): 2d6 11

Gaining a string on Felicia

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Slutty, Touchy Feely

"Oh nonsense," I start, gently taking Felicia's hand before she can leave the desk, and inclining my eyes over towards Donna as she gets up. "who needs leftovers from last year? I've got access to plenty of silk, never used before. If Felicia's going to be a princess, she ought to truly look the part. Let's make sure Every Pair of Eyes is on her, yeah?" I make sure my eyes are on Felicia's as I say this.

Rolling to Turn on Felicia myself, also tagging Rejected

<lifegetsworser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> lifegetsworser, 10+1 = 11

taking a string on Felicia

After that, I let Felicia's hand go, whispering an apology for clinging momentarily lowly enough only she can hear it. "But yeah, Donna, that's a brilliant plan, we'll all three of us meet up at lunch and we'll figure out styles. We can match!" I grin at her. It ought to be a pleasant expression, really it should. But not for her.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Why won't they shut up? Seriously, who cares about the party? It's a dumb school event. Shut up so I can read my book!

I even mumble "Shut up" in irritation, but I do so as quietly as conceivably possible - eyes scanning the pages while I speed through the novel. I'm distracted by the new girl that sits behind me, and the desperate competion going for her affection. Guess I turned down the most popular girl ever? Good. Popular people can't be trusted.

Why's she so popular though? What makes her so special? I can't stop thinking about it as I scan the page, speed-reading. It doesn't make sense to me, and it's distracting me from my novel...

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+2 8
Scary / confusing.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I grinned and smiled oh so happily as the discussion on sewing begins, "Oh yes, I'd love to sew with you two. I normally do it at home, I'm not actually part of the drama club because my dad said that a sport can make you look active and good, so I don't really have time here! But like, that sounds absolutely great!" I didn't have too much to accessorize with, we were probably one of the more wealthy families in the school, but we weren't very ostentatious. I didn't even notice the snippiness underlining their conversation. "I-I'd be okay if I just looked good, I don't need all eyes on me. And I'm happy using older stuff! I mean, that's totally fine, it doesn't need to be new or expensive to be great!"

My own phone came out and I nodded, "I'd be happy to get together, and uhm, my numbers..." I said it quickly, a little shy to be giving it away, I didn't have many real friends here honestly. And then she started discussing short plunging dresses and motioning over her body, and I got as red as a rose, stuttering as I started to talk, "O-oh no I-I-I-I was ho-hoping uhm, classy, l-like a ball gown?" The hands holding mine and the subject of conversation just had me so flustered.

Unintentional Turn On AGAIN: 2d6+1 5

she was not into it

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 9, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Nosy, Killjoy

Last night, I had a dreadful dream that I was being cleaved in two.

Today, Jessica is returning my coat, and I feel Megan glowering daggers into my back. And there is a whole half-classroom's worth of desks crowded behind us. And there are students at those desks. What an auspicious start. I give Jessica a genuine thanks, but with the heat of Megan's ire boring in on me I don't let my attention linger on her long. (Sorry, Jessica.) I turn in time to hear Megan flat-out deny one of the new girls, who's... honestly really overly-enthusiastic, I don't know what she was expecting when Megan's looking like that. Poor Megan. She looks like she slept horribly, if at all. Just one look at her could've told you what you'd get.

But I'm going to take that risk anyway. I don't want her to get any wrong ideas about me and Jessica. I -- I think we're still just friends.

"H-hey, Megan," I say hesitantly. She's broodily staring into a book but I don't think she's reading it. And I don't want to get on her bad side. "I -- I'm sorry I never got to talk to you yesterday, I meant to, but you were talking with Blake at lunch and he probably hates me, and work was a complete nightmare. Someone even quit over it." I really am trying to sound apologetic, to cheer her up or -- I don't know, something! I don't know what to say.

"S-...so are we still okay for Friday? I mean, if you want to?" This is probably a bad idea -- she's got other stuff on her mind -- but I smile at her anyway. It's okay if she gets mad. That was basically me for most of yesterday, so how can I hold it against her?

Turn On Megan: 2d6+1 10 +1 from True Love 11
yessss. Also can I tag Excuses from ignoring/excusing her general bitchiness towards our resident Unicorn?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Lizzie Lau
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Forgiveness/Trespass 0/0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

I look up from my book, unable to tune out the classroom any longer. Lydia and, ugh, Donna (!?) are crowded around Felicia's desk. How on earth does she do that? We've been here, what, five minutes? I hear the words 'sewing' and 'costume' come up repeatedly. Oh yes, the Halloween thing. I'd been trying not to think about it. Well if Felicia wants to make her own arrangements, I'm perfectly happy I said, perfectly happy for her to do what she wants. I pick up the book again when -

'- I mean, do they have discos in Somaliland? I guess if you're all so busy looking for food -'

Charles. Fantastic. I am so not dealing with this. I try to tune them out again -

-- The soldiers shove the man forward towards the cells. He trips and falls, unable to steady himself with his bound hands. He looks up at you in desperation --

No. I have to get him to shut up. Nadifa doesn't deserve this. I look around. Charles' mates all ended up in the other class. He wouldn't give a drat about being called out for racism. But he's surrounded by girls. I turn around and give him my best stage whisper, hoping some of them hear me:

'Charlie, dear, I know it's tough not having anyone to go with. You've got to make a girl feel good about herself when you ask her out. You've been on the internet too much if you think negging's a thing.'

Rolling to Shut Down Charles
(9:12:51 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(9:12:52 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 5+1 = 6

Dammit, I'm no good at this.

Marking exp for rolling Cold

quote:

Name: Elizabeth ‘Lizzie’ Lau
Skin: The Angel
Look: Tentative, beautiful eyes
Origin: On the path to redemption

Stats: Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Trespass 0, Forgiveness 0

Moves:
Cast from Heaven:
You no longer have a dark stat. Instead, you have a scale, moving between Trespass and Forgiveness. It starts at 0. When asked to roll with dark, roll with Trespass instead. Whenever you subjugate yourself to someone else’s will, move the marker toward Forgiveness. Whenever you judge and punish others without the lord’s permission, move the marker toward Trespass. If Trespass or Forgiveness is highlighted, mark experience whenever you roll with that stat or shift the marker in that direction.

Halo:
When you turn someone on, roll with Forgiveness.

Gaze into Heaven:
When you gaze into heaven, as a servant of the lord, roll with Forgiveness. On a 10 up, you are filled with his voice, and may ask him for guidance or command. Carry one forward to whatever you’d like. On a 7-9, you are greeted by one of his emissaries, who will impart to you a mission. Carry one forward to completing that mission.
When you gaze into heaven, as a spurious and hateful child, it counts as gazing into the abyss. On a 10 up, add this option to the list: the visions show you what the lord fears most from you, and you carry 1 forward to realizing that fear. On a 7-9, add this option to the list: the visions show you how you have upset or bewildered the lord.

Self-Deprecating
When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose: argue and give you a String, let it slide and shut you down. If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, or they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

Take the Blow
When you leap into the way and take the blow instead of someone else, roll with Volatile. On a 10 up, you take the harm instead of them, but reduce it by 1. On a 7-9, you take the harm instead of them.

Backstory:

The lord loves someone else more than he loves you. Naturally, a rivalry has sprung up. You gain two Strings on them, and they gain one on you.

Someone reminds you of heaven. They gain a String on you.

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 20, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Rejected

I finally pulled my hands away from Lydia, as my embarrassment reached its absolute peak. "S-sorry I-I should get back to my s-seat. I'llseeyouatlunch?" I was beet red and nearly tripped and fell on my face as I turned away from Lydia and Donna, barely managing to just stumble a bit as I quickly made my way to my own seat - which really wasn't far, simply squeezing past Lizzie with a blush and a whispered, "Sorry..." I was so embarrassed I didn't even realize what Charles was saying, horribly enough.

So far today was going really good, I mean besides the whole thing with Megan. I stared in front of me and frowned as I sat, looking at Megan - and the boy who I believe was named Thom? I only vaguely recognized him I think from a job somewhere? I was certain that was his name though. But my focus was mostly on Megan. I hated to do it in public, but I shut my eyes after looking at only her, and began to focus, and pull at it, at something. I needed to figure out how to help her, because I clearly could not let someone suffer. To do so would be... wrong of me, even if she had brushed me off once. After all, mum told me that it was my job to help everyone, no matter how mean and nasty they were, so they'd be less so.

Gazing <KittyEmpress> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> KittyEmpress, 10-1 = 9
Confusing and Alarming please. And Dark Xpees

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 9, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Slutty, Touchy Feely

I watch Felicia with rapt interest, even as she almost falls over herself on the way back to her desk. My, she's cute...

...uhImean take that Donna! The score's even. I am sure the warmth on my cheeks is a fluke. I cleared my throat a moment, damned itching. I steal one more glance at my quarry and then tilt my head towards the rival again, beckoning her over before she can get back to her own seat.

It wasn't that I had any actual distaste for Donna. Oh no, I actually quite respected her. She is...or at least had been, what I'll call a long hunt. Spin a few webs every now and again, make sure she's still on the line. But I wasn't ready to pull a thread, yet. And yes, I was the invading presence in her classroom. But that wasn't MY fault, and she certainly hadn't been coming over to my classroom to interject herself into my conversations before. So, clearly this had put everything into a bit of a tizzy, and there were some adjustments to be made. Composing myself for a second I nod up at Donna as she approaches, and then rise out of my chair halfway, enough to lean in close to her to communicate what I wanted to in a low whisper into her ear.

"Since it looks like we'll be tangled up in each other's space" I mean, you'll be tangled up in MY space, "for the foreseeable future, perhaps we should have a...chat about things. Can you spare a few minutes after class? Or maybe after school?" I sat back down with a sigh, no longer paying her any mind. The conversation was over.

She uh, she wasn't leaving through. Phooey.

Rolling to shut Donna down to drive the point home...

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 3+1 = 4

...or not

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Mental, Bully, Prince, Interloper.

Hmm. Opening skirmish inconclusive, but interesting anyway. This is why I like Lydia, I think. She makes the game so much more exciting, at least partly because she realizes it's happening.

"After class will be fine. I look forward to it."

It's even true. Good enemies are hard to find, and cultivating Lydia will be worth the effort. Even if I do have to crush her to secure my hold on Felicia. Which I might. I go back to my own desk, confident that things are going well on at least two fronts.. The racist sniping in the middle of the classroom is a distraction I could do without, frankly. Lau is involved, but a little help might not go astray.

"Hey Marshall, I don't know how you do things in 10M normally but around here we do strive for a little class. If you don't mind."

shut down charles: 2d6+1 7

he gains the condition Boorish

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Lizzie Lau

Donna's weighing in, in her own uniquely snobbish way. It's probably just as well though, I can see the cogs in Charles' brain ticking as he decides who to respond to: the minority, or the ice queen. I'd hate to see the inside of his head.

'Don't bother, Donna. All the class in the world wouldn't get him a date.' I give Nadifa as reassuring a smile as I can manage. We're in this together. Even Donna.

Rolling to Shut Down Charles
(11:29:04 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(11:29:04 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 8+1 = 9
I'll tag Boorish to take that up to a 10 and give him the condition 'Pathetic.'

I glance over to Felicia's desk as subtly as I can without taking my eyes off the scene. What on earth is she doing? There's something for her to get justifiably self-righteous about for once, but she's... spacing out?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Donna: Jessica rolls her eyes at you and tells you she knows exactly what she's doing and to stop trying to be so bossy. What's gotten into her today. It's like she's deliberately trying to provoke megan again.

she gives you the condition bossy.
--------

Charles sneers at you. "Yeah right like you know anything about class. Did you get dressed in the dark or something. I mean your hair looks like you've just tumbled out of bed."

He gives you the condition Bad Hair Day

Still your tug of Felcia seems to be going well and if you can come to some sort of agreement with Lydia it'll all be plain sailing.... Hold on a minute. Did Charles just insult your hair? Do you remember what you did to the last person who insulted your hair? why is it your so sensitive about it anyway?

Felcia: The patterns behind your eyes shift and slide. Before you realise what happened you are stood bathed in darkness. You watch as megan clutches at a doll. The face resembles the boy in front of you. You watch as another student comes and tugs at the doll megan grabs one arm while the other student grabs the other. They tug back and forth till the doll is ripped down the middle. The other student cheers triumphantly at seizing half the prize but megan looks heartbroken at seeing her prize destroyed by the tug of war.

What do you do to reassure her that things are going to be ok after you open your eyes?

Lydia Well your little display earlier does seem to have attracted some attention. Flashing your cleavage seems to have drawn the attention of half the boys in the class. Are any of them even worthy of talking to let alone being allowed to take you to the dance. How well do you dance anyway and what costume were you planning on wearing?

Thom Poor Megan. She looks really tired right and run down right now. Still you have just the thing to cheer her up a bit and make her day a bit brighter What is it? and what were you originally planning to use it for today?

you can totally tag excuses.

Lizzy Charles smiles back at you. "I wouldn't waste a single chat up line on you anyway, Neither would anyone else the way you look." Are you really going to let him get away with insulting you like that? Besides you were totally going to ask someone to go to the dance with you wern't you before your class was split up. Who was it?

Megan: You slump forward over your book, Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to stay up all night. Still in your daydream you see Felcia bathed in pool of light. You see the rest of the class drawn towards her drawn to her light. As they all swarm her her light starts to fade and gutters out. They begin to fight each other in order to get closer to the light. They beg her to bring the light back but despite their pleas she refuses. It's gone now and it's not coming back They turn to fighting amongst themselves each blaming the other for destroying the light. Without that light they ignore her leaving her a crying wreck.

You jerk too. With a start thom is looking very concerned with you. He asks you something about if you're still on for friday? looks like whatever shenanigans Jessica has been trying they haven't worked. So are you still planning to go on a date with Thom?

You snap back into reality to find Thom looking very concerned. "he asks you if you're still on for friday. That means he's still interested in you despite Jessica's best efforts. That's a good thing right? does this make you look forward to the party more now that you have a friendly guy to go with?

Jay: Mark blinks. "sorry I was miles away. what did you say?" Wait was he staring at Lydia's cleavage? Still it's his funeral quite possibly literally if some of the rumours you've heard about Lydia are true. Are you going to warn him off or do you think it'll be more interesting (and funny) to watch him crash and burn?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I open my eyes and take a sharp breath - as usual I'd held it when I tried to reach, oh I always hated the feeling, the darkness closing in around me, the coldness, and then watching that scene, I just wanted to reach out and hug the girl in front of me. Instead I reached forward - I had to lean way forward to reach her shoulder actually, due to my height, but that was fine - and pressed a hand onto her shoulder, giving her a big smile, "It'll be okay Megan, no one'll take your friend away. And if they try to, then that's totally mean of them, and like, I'll totally try to help make it so they don't? I mean, losing friends is really terrible!"

I just kind of rambled, and my voice was of course a whisper - I knew how to do that at least when being tactful, but I didn't really know how to comfort her. Normally I'd hug her but her friend was right there and clearly he was who she'd want hugging her so I shouldn't do that, but I just opened my mouth instead, "And uhm, I know you said we wouldn't get along, but if you ever feel like you're lonely I'd love to hang out! I-I mean, m-maybe that's presumptuous. But uhm, Donna and Lydia and I are going to talk about our costumes at lunch, if you wanna come talk with us? I-if you don't have things to do at lunch that is." Maybe it was a little too touchy feely, my hand on her shoulder like that, a finger brushing on her neck, I didn't even notice that it was happening.

Unintentional Turn On on Megan: 2d6+1 6 but appealing to Isolated for a +1, 7

After I whispered it, I was blushing just a tiny bit, looking up at Thom, and bowing my head again a few seconds later - oh goodness I'd just completely ignored him he just didn't look sad and she looked so sad I was so stupid I should have paid attention to them both - I stuttered a bit as I started speaking to him, a little louder than I did to Megan, "I-I'd like for you to come too of course! It'd be fun with more people. O-oh, I'm Felicia! I-its good to meet you. I-I feel like I've seen you around town..."

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 10, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Slutty, Touchy Feely

Ferrosol posted:

Lydia Well your little display earlier does seem to have attracted some attention. Flashing your cleavage seems to have drawn the attention of half the boys in the class. Are any of them even worthy of talking to let alone being allowed to take you to the dance. How well do you dance anyway and what costume were you planning on wearing?

First of all, let's get something straight. No one, male or female, will be taking me to the dance. I'll be taking them - if I decide that any of the flies are worthwhile. And yes, by the way, I can dance, quite well in fact. My mother had put me in dance classes as a little girl - while I haven't kept up with them in recent years that's not something that ever directly goes away. I know the proper forms, and everything. Party dancing - that is, shaking your hips and occasionally throwing your arms around someone's shoulders, is easy.

My original plan had been to go as Spider-Gwen - you know, the Gwen Stacey who was bitten by the spider in the alternate universe. I don't read most comics but Spider-Man is cool. It isn't a cliche if I read it before I transformed. Maybe it made the transformation easier, in fact. Anyway, her costume is brilliant, but, well, anyway, now I'll have to think of something else. If Donna is going to be planning her costume around Felicia's, then I'll have to do the same. And it will have to be far, far better than whatever last year's scraps Donna came up with.

But as to your first question: So far there's only a few of worth, and even fewer of those that won't cause any unnecessary complications. Ian, for one. But the poor boy isn't ready. No, not at all right yet. Thom is, well, interesting. But he's also tied to that Megan girl, given the way he keeps mooning over her - like right now, see? Besides, any good spider knows you only work on one thread at a time, and I'm not ready to start weaving Thom just yet.

If it was going to be a boy, which I suppose would make things easier, it'd have to be a real head-turner. Certainly not Charles, the absolute trash. Jay has made his foolishness known enough for the day, so he's out. Mark is far too plain. Maybe it ought to be one of the boys from 10H...but as for whom? Well, I'm uncertain as to who would be interesting to pick - luckily, there are eyes everywhere.

I suppose I haven't done an excellent job in trying to explain how this works - my information gathering. Well, spiders aren't really hive creatures, so I am not certain why this works, but - I can borrow the senses, and the memories of spiders. You wouldn't think they have long memories, and maybe they don't normally. Maybe there's some additional psychic phenomena that allows this, but, well, it's always a spidery perspective. It's strange. But it's interesting. I did it on myself once, and I ended up looking at my own body from my tarantula Parker's terrarium. That was a weird experience. It still works for something like this, but it's fuzzier, normally. Like meditating. I guess that's a close approximation. So, I close my eyes, and draw in a deep breath, and look for a connection.

Gazing into the Abyss, looking for answer to the question "Who would be the most interesting person in class to ask to the dance?"

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8

Going to take "the visions are confusing and alarming", and take 1 xp for rolling dark.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Waking up from my vision when Thom asks me we're still on for Friday, and my initial and apparent reaction is flat out confusion. Wait, he's not going with Jessica? Did she mess up or something? Or is he actually my friend? A smile spreads across my face, and I blush at him some when I realize it's probably, actually that.

I'm just about to respond to him when Felicia taps me on the shoulder, which makes me twitch in involuntary irritation. Still, after what I saw... She's still trying to be nice to me, even after I was rude to her. Guess she's as nice as my vision said, huh? Which means the part about everyone swarming her, hurting her... that's true too? That doesn't seem terribly fair.

On one hand, she's waaay too friendly and outgoing and needs to understand personal space, on the other, she's actually trying to be nice to me and people are going to hurt her. For, uh, different reasons than they hurt me - I'm never going to be mobbed by people clamoring for my attention - but the result is the same, and it sucks. All things considered, I should be nice to her; warn her, potentially.

I do my best to return her smile, kinda nodding and shrugging in a 'I'll be right back with you, please don't go anywhere' type gesture. Turning to Thom, I'm smiling despite the shittiness of my night. My dad maybe an rear end in a top hat, but Thom isn't. "Yeah dude, sure... uh, thanks." Thanks for picking me over Jessica, Thom, even if you are a little crazy for it.

Turn on Thom
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7-1 = 6 + 1 = 7
<Rauri> hooray for strings
<KittyEmpress> ahaha

Spending a String on Thom to boost to a 7

Looking back over my shoulder at Felicia, I'm sure my smile probably gets a little wider - hers is infectious, if annoying. "Uhh, yeah, sure... can Thom come too, since he and I are going together?"

Promising what she thinks you want, eating lunch with you and discussing costumes.

Asking to remove Isolated, since Megan has two more friends than she thought she did this morning and they're on either side of her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 10, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions Inconsequential

I follow Mark's eyes and notice that he was in the middle of the same chest-watching movie that half the other boys were tuned into. I grin to myself, thinking over the situation a bit. Now, it could be fun to toy with Lydia here, after those mean, mean things she said. I don't want to make it too obvious, but I can start the seed of an idea here. "I said did you have plans for the dance? Because, I heard from one of Lydia's friends that she's really eager to go to the dance but no one's asked her yet. I'm not saying the first one to ask her will get to take her, but since I noticed you were into her, I felt I owed you the warning. Plus, she really wants what you have. From what I've been told. You should ask her out, and don't take no for an answer. I heard she likes to play hard to get."

Manipulating Mark to ask Lydia out.
[06:22.47] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[06:22.47] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 4+1 = 5
Ouch. Marking XP, though.

I shrug gently, looking over the room a bit more. "I was thinking about skipping it, find something a little more exciting. I mean, if some girl was really desperate for a date the day before, I'd think about it. Costumes are easy, I've got a bunch of those." I won't get into -why-, of course, but let's just say that I wasn't entirely sure how the whole replacement thing worked yet. Sadly, dressing up as a superhero didn't quite give me superpowers. For example. Still, I could scrap together a costume and a date if it came down to it. Completely.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5 | Conditions: Nosy, Killjoy

A'ight then. Marking XP; no clue what advance I'll take, will either edit or add it in next post.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. That's a major relief, and she seems happier too. But then there's this new girl, who seems, er... nice; I can hear her whispering (I mean, I'm right here) and I guess she's trying to make Megan feel better in her own way, and I guess it's working. She's really friendly for someone Megan's probably only just met, and shes also... ignoring me entirely --

-- oh, there she goes. People who are that friendly -- overly friendly -- set off alarm bells in my head, but Megan likes her apparently so I let it drop. "I'm Thom. Nice to meet you. Sorry about your class," I say with a shrug. "Seems awkward to shove you all in the back like this."

And, uh, I know Megan means 'going together' as in 'going to the dance together', but it... it still sounds nice. Really nice. "Sure, I'll meet up with you all, if that's all right?" I look to Felicia for approval. "But why's Donna there? I sort of thought she was, er, 'above' things like dances..." I dare a glance in Donna's direction, just for a moment. I s'pose I really don't know her that well, but if she's as rich as the jewelry she wears makes her look, she'll probably take the Best Costume prize for sure.

Promising Megan what he thinks she wants, for them to hang out at lunch. Even if Donna's there.

"Oh, wait a mo' --" I turn to get something out of my pack. It's a Chocolate Frog, you know, like from the Harry Potter books, and it even has a card -- they don't move, obviously, the pictures, but they have a hologram effect at least and I thought it was sort of neat, don't judge me all right? I had been going to give it to Megan on Friday at the dance, but she looked so down, maybe it'll help? "Er, I was at Tesco the other day and I saw this, and ermm, I thought of you when I saw it. But you have to show me the card, I heard they're well-done..."

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I smiled happily as Thom and Megan both agreed to come, shifting a little back and forth in my chair happily, "Oh wonderful I'm so glad you two will be joining us! So far it seems like me and Donna both plan to go as like, princesses, so like, we were going to see how to make our outfits look good, and Lydia was gonna come and plan her costume, and then you guys can talk about what you're going as and we can all like, have the best costumes!" I was giggling and super happy, even Megan was smiling, it was amazing and perfect and I was so happy she was happy, like oh my gosh I'd done something right.

"Donna's nice! I think, I uhm, don't really know her, but she's come up and talked to me a few times..." I blushed a little bit as I remembered those few times - the first her admitting she 'wanted' me, and the second her motioning all over her chest, oh goodness, so lewd but still a nice person, "And like she seemed to be really into getting a nice costume done, so like, the more people we have to judge our ideas the like, better? I think. And it's fun making new friends, plus you two seem like, pretty nice and sweet so I'd love to just hang out! And like, oh goodness, I'm so glad you have a date! I mean I like, don't have anyone, but I think that's okay? I mean I don't need one, I can just go with friends!"

Speaking of my friends, I turned to Elizabeth who I suddenly was very aware of dealing with Charles, who was apparently picking on Nadifa? Oh that wouldn't do, poor Nadifa looked like she was ready to cry so I turned to Charles and - hands on my hips even as I sat - spoke evenly to him, "It's really really rude of you to like, take your anger out on other people, Charles. I know that changing classes is hard, but you can't take it out on Nadifa, and if you keep picking on her you'll just get yourself in trouble again, which is like totally sad and your parents would be upset I'm sure! And really you shouldn't be mean about your class mate's looks, Donna is very pretty and I'm sure you realize that but you just want to be mean to her!" I probably said that a little loud, but it was true, being mean to each other was like, totally the worst?

Shut Down Racist Meany: 2d6 9 Tagging Pathetic +1 10

Gonna give him the condition 'Disappointment' because woo Party on insulting Charles.

Also, can I mark an Integrity for cheering up Megan even though she was mean to me? It follows my 'people should never' ignore suffering.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 10, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

So, if I've learned nothing else today, I've learned that Felicia loves to talk. You'd think someone would've beaten that out of her by now. Why do you think I keep my comments to myself most of the time?

Thom's given me a Chocolate Frog. Do you know how cool that is? I hold it, staring at it with almost as much rapture as the ring Donna gave me. I hadn't eaten this morning, candy is great and mum won't every buy any since it is a waste of money, and it's Harry Potter themed! Plus, he gave it to me. Not Jessica. He just gave her her coat back, that's not a real gift. Plus he doesn't seem to trust Donna. That's a good attitude for someone to have.

"Oh, uh... wow." I remark lamely, holding the second treasure I've been atypically given recently, looking up at the fair boy. I'm incredibly glad my hair's in front of most of my face, this is embarrassing. Even if he does just want in my pants, this was a nice gift. And it was about me, and what I like. Plus he's eating lunch with me, this isn't just for the dance and then a snog type thing.

"Uh, thanks Thom! Sure, let's see who we got." It's hard to open these things in a cool way, which was my goal. Like, I dunno... I just want Thom to think I'm neat, ok! But I end up tearing the box a lot, looking frustrated, and I think I smashed it some. Awww. I really like the gift though!

Turn On Thom: 2d6-1 2

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Well, Felicia’s stepped in now, and I suddenly wish she hadn’t. I can take whatever crap Charles pukes up, I’ve had worse -–the crowd spits and jeers. The soldiers keep them away, but they don't stop the stones—- but she’s too sensitive for this sort of thing. I put my hand on her arm and turn her away from Charles. ‘It’s ok, Felicia. Everyone knows he’s scum. Don’t give him any more attention.’ Except I’m holding on a little too firmly – ok, so maybe I am a bit shaken up - and Felicia’s so tiny, I’m practically staring into her eyes.

Turn On Felicia
(11:12:56 AM) Gato: !r 2d6
(11:12:58 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 10 = 10
Taking a string on Felicia

drat it, I don't want to be thinking about this, I don't want to be dealing with bloody Charles, I don't want to be stressing out over this disco. I was just planning to turn up with Felicia, two friends turning up together, none of this date stuff to worry about. There's no way I'd manage to ask Jay out before the end of the day anyway, so I'm not going to get my hopes up. He won't stop being fit and smart and funny if I miss this one opportunity.

Though he might stop being single. drat it.

Marking exp for rolling forgiveness

Gato fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 10, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +1, Cold 0, Volatile +1, Dark -1, Integrity 1

"N-no one's scum!"I blurted out the words incredulously, frowning at Lizze - only to catch how her eyes stared into mine, so bright and lovely so... worried. I blushed from how Lizzie was staring at me, from how she was looking into my eyes and expecting something from me, I couldn't even remain mad at her with how she looked, so shaken and upset in her worry, "Y-you can't give up hope on people Elizabeth... no one's just a bad person, everyone's got goodness to them, you just help them see it too!" I smiled at her even as embarrassed as I was, moving one of my hands up to rest over Lizzie's.

Lizzie was really probably one of my only real friends, and even we weren't that close. I liked her a lot, she was really nice, even if she could be uhm, harsh with it. She didn't want to give people the time to improve sometimes, and seemed to be annoyed by people who didn't push to be nice, which I totally understood, I really dislikes mean people too! My fingers laced with the ones I pulled from gripping my harm so harshly, and I just gave her a sweet calming smile, "I know you don't believe people are really like that, Elizabeth, you're kind and caring and I am so happy to have you as a friend."

Unintentional Turn On Lizzie: 2d6+1 8

I didn't understand any of the blush I was causing others lately, but I just moved to set my second hand on Lizzie's shoulder, "I'm sure you've heard me talking about it, but we're having a get together at lunch to plan for the Dance. I was hoping we might go if you don't have a date. A-as friends!" I blurted the second part out quickly, glancing around - my parents were always accepting and told me to be, but in somewhere as catholic as this, "I mean, if you have a boy you like I-I'd be happy to help you too!" I didn't add in any thoughts on how if she had a boy, I'd be alone without anyone to even hang out with at the Dance. But if she was happy, and I'm sure she would be, I would help her with whatever she needed.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

]
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

Oh no. I forgot how upset Felicia gets when you insult someone. Which I just did, even if it was, frankly, the least of what he deserved. But she's holding my hand and smiling and she sounds so passionate and - God, I am sorry. Sorry for getting mad at a racist prick - but she's right. I have to be better than that. So I smile back at her and enjoy the feeling of her hand on my shoulder.

'Thanks, Felicia. You're completely right and I'm - I'm really glad to have you, too.'

...but she's still holding on and now I'm blushing, crap. She's babbling something about lunch and dates and boys, tripping over her words. I gently take her hand off my shoulder.

'Lunch? Looking forward to it. And of course we can go to the dance together! Who cares about boys?' But her offer to help me with someone I like... no. Maybe? She'd be all alone. But she's been making friends...and maybe she's worried about me. Does she really want to give up on getting a date? Am I holding her back from someone? My eyes scan the rows in front of us, then past Jay...

I shake my head. I can sort this out later.

Promising Felicia something I think she wants - to go to the dance together. As friends. Does all this count as subjugating myself to the will of another?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions Inconsequential

While Mark's figuring out that I'm probably full of poo poo, among other things, I look over towards the party of people around Charles and Lizzie, noticing that despite the crowd, Lizzie is looking over at me while holding Felicia's hand, and they're still talking. I wonder if it was Lydia going around spreading all sorts of rumors about how I'm trouble or something. I can follow a chain of rumors just as well as anyone. Still, nothing to do about that now except make sure to get a cup in before this much more interesting start to the day. Not like I didn't deserve that a little. Probably not throughout half the class in less than an hour, but you can never control that kind of thing. Felicia's got more people to try to make friends with, Lizzie's got.. well, she's actually pretty normal, so whatever. Maybe they're just talking about the dance.

No use trying to fight it right now, maybe I could just take the time to change into Lydia later and smooth the whole thing over.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

"Oh, wonderful! I look forward to it! I mean we can decide how to make our costumes like, the cutest today at lunch! It'll be great, and I'm sure we'll end up like, super enjoying it!" I was so delighted, nearly bouncing still as I pulled my hand away, settling back into my desk more properly. Class hadn't even begun and I'd made friends with Donna and Lydia and Megan and Thom, and Elizabeth wanted to hang out with them with me which meant I could help them be her friends too! And that's great! I was really looking forward to lunch, though that didn't mean I wasn't going to pay attention in class!

I considered looking over and asking of Lizzie sewed, but I didn't want to interrupt her, it looked like she was looking over the other kids, probably hoping to see if anyone was upset. No one seemed particularly sad that I saw at least, so that was good!

short post but felt like I should give Lizzie some form of reply.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Mental, Bully, Prince, Interloper, Bossy, Bad Hair Day

So many conditions! I'd like to remove Bully, because of the effort I went to to apologize to my victim.

I resist preening a bit when Felicia compliments me, even if it is aimed at Marshall.

"Thank you, Felecia, that's very kind of you to say."

If Charles wants to crack wise about my hair he should be the one remembering what happened to Linda Thompson, not me. I know he was there when it happened a couple of years ago, I hadn't had time to properly nail it down before school and it was a little bit frizzy and Linda was calling me 'frilly lizard' because of it. I bit my tongue, waited, and tripped her down the stairs after class. She broke her wrist, and no-one could prove it was me. I do get a bit sensitive about it looking like a crest or something, especially when I get angry, which is why I pretty much always have it tied back and locked down. Honestly not sure if that's even a dragon thing, or if I'm just being vain. I limit my response to rolling my eyes at him and filling a note away for revenge later.

(Also Felecia thinks I'm pretty, so ha ha ha, eat poo poo and die, Marshall. Compare your life to mine and weep in despair!)

Everything is going really really well, and I'm not going to ruin this moment by biting anyone's head off. Figuratively or literally. It is with a certain smug satisfaction that I start planning out the rest of my day, including what should be a very interesting lunch meeting.

Does she really think I'm pretty?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 11, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Jay: Mark shakes his head. "Girl like that wouldn't even look twice at a guy like me." he sighs regretfully. "She could have any guy she wants. He nudges you. Hey I think she's checking you out man. Why don't you go for it."

Lydia You shut your eyes and try to get a sense of who is available for the dance. Felica would be the grandest of catches of course but prising her loose from Donna's grasp would be difficult. Megan and Thom's mutual love-in is obvious even to you so both of them are probably out. That just leaves two real candidates. Jay and Mark. Mark it seems can't take his eyes off you and would be an easy catch. But where is the fun in that. Jay would be more of a challenge but he is doing a very good job of feigning a lack of interest.

Before you can act on this information though the bell blares and you all tromp off to your first class of the day. PE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing rooms are of course segregated at St Andrews. Even if they are slightly decrepit. The lockers are starting to rust and the less said about the state of the showers the better. Still you'll have to make do as the school budget won't strech to anything better for a good while now.

Girls you file into the girls changing room under the stern eyes of Mrs Adams. A 50 something woman who has no time for any sort of shenanigans amongst her pupils. She tells you brusquely to hurry up and get changed and that she wants you on the school playing fields as soon as possible.

Felcia: You're still kind of embarrassed about changing in front of people aren't you? So when you duck around the corner of a bank of lockers to change out of sight of most of the class who do you overhear talking about their date for the dance? What about their choice of partner seems odd to you ?

Donna As you unpack your PE kit you realise you forgot a part of it what was it? and who just happens to have a spare to lend you?

Lizzie Do you enjoy keeping fit? or do you see it as an unnecessary chore?

Megan: Ugh, PE again. Still is this your least favourite lesson or is there one you dislike even more? Are there any sports you actually enjoy taking part in?

Lydia Well you still seem more than a little distracted from earlier. Who else seems distracted there and what do you suppose they are worrying about?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Buchanan is the boys PE teacher. He particularly loves football and coaches the school team even going so far as to give up part of his weekends to drive the school team to matches. As a result he's generally well liked by most of the students and especially by those on the football team.

Soccer for any ignorant Americans

Thom: You're not much of a footballer are you? So why did you try out for the team last time and what embarrassing thing did you do in front of your peers when you did?

Jay: You can't help but think on what Mark said to you earlier. Is Lydia interested in you? I mean she did start those rumours about you and she was trying to flirt with you. Still PE would be a perfect opportunity to steal someone's uniform. Is there anyone here whose uniform you'd like to get your hands on? or do you have a plan to sneak into the girls changing room and steal one of theirs?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Slutty, Touchy Feely

Distractions abound in a locker room, of course. Humans tend to judge each other, compare each other to one another, especially when the artificial barriers (like clothes) fall away. It can make the less-adequate nervous. Nadifa, for instance. She was a pretty little insect, but after being the center of so much vitriol from the disgusting little gnat Charles earlier, I suppose her confidence was shaken. I made a mental note to see if there was anything that could be done to remedy that - mostly for the amusement of Charles being dressed down by his own victims - but it would have to wait. Besides, approaching nervous disrobed girls tended to put them at less ease, rather than more. Especially when they were being approached by those whose maturity might have been proceeding a bit more quickly. Even if I wasn't above humans anyway, I come from a good stock. I wouldn't be unafraid of being womanly if I didn't think I could pull it off, of course.

Of course, that did give me a card to play, and I may as well play it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I picked up my PE clothes and sidled up next to Donna's locker, offering her a wan smile as I started the laborious process of changing. "So, it appears we missed each other in the hallway. A shame." I spoke lowly, this was a conversation only for her and my own ears. "Still, we can have our chat here." I wasn't worried about eavesdroppers - people like the rest of class would be wise to avoid people like Donna and myself having a private chat. Too many potential consequences to make it worthwhile. "I thought we'd discuss...territory." Talking in metaphor was exhausting, so a simple one would do, but I wasn't sure exactly what Donna was - if she was just that good, or if well, maybe something like what had happened to me, happened to her.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I loved PE. I was small and not able to take super long strides but I was really athletic actually, my parents always said a healthy mind had a healthy body, so I was always making sure my body was super healthy! I was actually part of the school's tennis club, and ran cross country with a local team too, which I mean was kinda hard to balance around both but I found ways and days I couldn't make it to cross country because of tennis well, I just ran on my own. I was pretty fast honestly, and I didn't get winded nearly as quickly as some of the other kids.

I hated it, I hated changing infront of others, I was usually - always, actually - the last one out of the locker room because I didn't ever want to, you know, be seen. I mean I know it was just girls but goodness, I could see how some of them looked around and I didn't like how lewd people could be, it was so so embarrassing. Just the thought of it was making me blush, I could feel the heat of the blush on my face as I ran off to the furthest corner of the locker room, where only a few girls were standing nearby, and even then there were at least a few feet between me and them. Even with that though I didn't start changing, not yet, I was going to wait for a bit until more of them had cleared out, hopefully until all of them were gone.

I didn't like to do it but it was kinda natural to hear things when I was standing around like this, even if I was pretending like I was going through my stuff to get ready - I could at least braid my hair while I waited, obviously. I was putting it into one long braid as usual, while waiting, and just happened to hear Lily Rush talking about the Dance. I uh, only barely knew Lily, but she was really big. Like, the opposite of me, she was almost as tall as the boys. I think she was over a foot taller than me? I didn't mind being so short really but she got a lot of jokes about her own height, which I was always happy to help put a stop to! But uhm, she was talking about the dance. Apparently she was asked to go actually, by a kid from another class, Daniel Weston who was... her opposite kind of? His parents were accountants or something I think, and he was kinda short for a boy - still taller than me by a lot - and really skinny.

I thought the idea was really cute that Lily got asked by Daniel, it was so fitting and so perfect and I was so happy, but I uhm, didn't want to interrupt. Her friends were giggling I think at her, and that seemed pretty mean, and she was blushing, but she was also smiling so I guess maybe they weren't being mean about it? I was really happy though! I loved that someone in the class I was in now was happy. They even started to leave the locker room as they finished talking, leaving me almost completely alone in the corner. I was sure to keep watch on if anyone else was around or coming around though - still too many to actually start changing, from the noise, even with none around. My hair was done too now - a single huge braid that hung down to my butt. Wasn't like there was much else I could do with it, as long as it was.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 12, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

Ugh, PE. Mrs Adams doesn't seem to understand the concept of being bad at something. She seems to think that if she pushes us hard enough we'll all end up at the Olympics. It's not that I don't believe keeping fit is important - I don't need medical school to know that - it's just that there has to be a way to keep fit that doesn't involve so much sweating and panting and sore legs...

...anyway. I look around. Donna and Lydia are scheming - seriously, there's no other word for it - off to one side. Felicia's disappeared to a corner to change, like always. I catch Megan's eye. I don't know her very well, but she looks about as unenthused as I feel. No harm in being friendly. I strip down and put on my PE kit as matter-of-fact-ly as I can.

"Guessing you're not looking forward to this then? We'll be back here soon enough. I can give you a hand afterwards if you're sore or anything..."

Unintentional Turn On
(12:08:47 AM) Gato: !r 2d6
(12:08:48 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 5 = 5

Wait. My top's still halfway on. I probably could have timed that better. Or phrased it better. Or not said anything.

Marking xp for rolling forgiveness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Did someone sneak a note onto my back that says Please Talk To Me this morning? I mean, that wouldn't make any sense since Felicia was in front of me when she started being friendly to me earlier, so she wouldn't have been able to read it. Still, the thought runs through my head when Lizzie (I think that's right) starts talking to me about our (apparently) mutual disinclination towards athletics.

First things first, I'm sort of in the middle of things over here. Felicia's not the only one smart enough to change around a corner; I've got mine. Change quick, don't look at anybody, get outside for an hour of misery - that's how I've always handled PE. So someone interrupting me, to talk to me in what seems to be a friendly - perhaps more than friendly - gesture, I sort of instinctively seized up for a second. When it became obvious she wasn't setting up some sort of joke on me, I respond authentically.

"Uhh, maybe? Hope I won't be that sore." I'm already loving tired, I probably will be sore on top of that after this... but that's really forward Lizzie. Is everyone from that other class hopped up on friendly pills? "As far as PE though," I'm sliding my uniform skirt off, uncomfortably aware that, compared to Lizzie, I'm basically the whitest person ever, "yeah I hate it. We're supposed to be here to learn, not workout."

Is she... watching me? After that comment earlier, that seems entirely possible.

I mean, I stay inside a lot and both my parents are pale too, so it makes sense, but compared to her I look like a skinny ghost. "You're Lizzie, right? I'm, uh, I'm Megan Brooks, if you didn't know." Now that introductions have been made, I change in front of her anyways, like it's no big deal...

Turn On Lizzie: 2d6-1 6

But get really uncomfortable the second my shirts off. I mean, not much to look at, right? I start hustling through my change, embarrassed and cursing myself for thinking I could do something brave like that.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 12, 2015

• Locked thread