Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

etalian posted:

both Honda and Toyota have big quality problems.

Are there any new cars that aren't having big quality problems lately?

Also have any of you nerds considered buying one of those new motorized bicycles? I hear they're cheap to insure, run, and buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Foid One posted:

Ya these guys are fucktards. Cars don't really "break down" in this day and age. Mine had 150 k miles when I bought it 3 years ago. The biggest repair I've paid for is some back suspension linkage that I messed up myself due to fail
Aids .

The previous owner of my lovely explorer went through 3 automatic transmissions. I've had to burn a couple grand on parts for this POS myself.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Foid One posted:

Sorry to hear that OP. Was it from a dealership?

It was heavily used and free from a family member that was upgrading to a non-pos. All in all not a bad deal.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Cacator posted:

I drove a 15 year old BMW 5 series and never had a problem with the automatic transmission. Regular radiator or electrical issues but transmission was just fine :)

I've fried about 4 alternators in 7 years (under warranty, whatever) and had the radiator leak once. Explorers kind of suck, if the whole catching on fire thing didn't help everyone figure that out.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Infinite Karma posted:

I bought a new hybrid, because with the cost of fuel on an older car, you end up paying almost as much to own old piece of poo poo. Plus I have grownup credit, so my loan is at about 2% APR.

I bought a $3,000 bike to commute on. It gets about 40-45mpg.

Also probably about to buy a small pickup truck. That should leave me with about $15,000 to play with vs. a prius.

BMWs are expensive though.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 14, 2015

• Locked thread