Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I bought a new hybrid, because with the cost of fuel on an older car, you end up paying almost as much to own old piece of poo poo. Plus I have grownup credit, so my loan is at about 2% APR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Marxalot posted:

I bought a $3,000 bike to commute on. It gets about 40-45mpg.

Also probably about to buy a small pickup truck. That should leave me with about $15,000 to play with vs. a prius.
Not a terrible choice. I got an Insight when they still made them, only $20,000 vs. a Prius. Also, not everyone knows this, but financing for used cars is way worse. It's almost free for new cars, but almost credit card levels for used cars. If you have cash, congrats on being a richgoon.

quote:

BMWs are expensive though.
Plus that is a highway trial. Most people drive city, or at least in traffic. But lol at buying a BMW to save money.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

HEY VAPER posted:

You're lucky to be breaking even with increased complexity + maintenance costs especially if you don't do your own work & your car is awful for the environment. Should have bought a Fiesta or something.

Maintenance is cheap...? It's repairs that cost a lot, and on a new car, they're under warranty (not that cars generally need repairs before 100k miles anyway). Buy new car, keep for 8 or so years, buy another new car, repeat, and the worst thing you'll have to buy are new tires.

• Locked thread