Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/13/slender-man-stabbing-wisconsin-girls-adults

Perhaps SomethingAwful should have a representative there covering the trial and giving the forums a roadtrip report, as well as pestering journalists to mention SA as much as possible in every story filed on the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
do they have memes in jail

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That's loving retarded as everloving gently caress.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
tlc show idea: prison memes

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

he real

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't get how people who are not adults can be tried as adults. The point is they're not adults, which they're not. ???

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Pick posted:

I don't get how people who are not adults can be tried as adults. The point is they're not adults, which they're not. ???

america lusts for child blood

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I ended up on the creepy pasta wiki the other day and holy gently caress all of it is retarded and poorly written. How are people that are not literally mentally ill preteen girls find this poo poo scary or believable in any way

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
These girls should be tried as cool dudes in a loose mood

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
like some people are like "what if he commited a CRIME just days before his 18th birthday!?"

dude 18 year olds are loving duuuumb, deffo take that into account

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Pick posted:

the protection of minors exists to prevent people who are not culpable for/don't understand the ramifications of their actions from being tried as if they are/do. Obviously there should be some room for flexibility where the circumstances suggest that the person in question is fully aware of the consequences of their actions, as here.

[edit]

read article, Wisconsin law calls for it automatically for 10+ year olds who commit serious crimes

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

god bless america

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The victim was given a purple heart for her bravery. its true and gay

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Slenderman turns to camera and shrugs.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the picture they use for the article,

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zazi posted:

the protection of minors exists to prevent people who are not culpable for/don't understand the ramifications of their actions from being tried as if they are/do. Obviously there should be some room for flexibility where the circumstances suggest that the person in question is fully aware of the consequences of their actions, as here.

dude i am not convinced these girls had two brain cells to rub together

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Zazi posted:

These preteens definitely understood the ramifications of murder for a meme god, I agree

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Slenderman is actually 15 and is technically a slenderboy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

I ended up on the creepy pasta wiki the other day and holy gently caress all of it is retarded and poorly written. How are people that are not literally mentally ill preteen girls find this poo poo scary or believable in any way

I don't believe them or anything but I did always enjoy the Pale Luna and Pirate Cove ones.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Zazi posted:

This child stabbed another child because she thought a ghost monster (who is actually a made up ghost monster from a comedy website) wanted her to. She was "aware" of the consequences in the sense that she thought the consequences would be that the ghost monster would marry her and she'd get to live in his ghost monster house.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

This child stabbed another child because she thought a ghost monster (who is actually a made up ghost monster from a comedy website) wanted her to. She was "aware" of the consequences in the sense that she thought the consequences would be that the ghost monster would marry her and she'd get to live in his ghost monster house.

these kids desperately need better schools

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

you get all of the drawbacks of being an adult with none of the benefits

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

who wouldn't be willing to commit a little of the jabby stabby to live in SlenderMansion?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
if i stab someone for doge then doge will marry me and let me live in the dogehouse

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Taffer posted:

These preteens definitely understood the ramifications of murder for a meme god, I agree

while I withdrew my position based on further information, they did take months to plan the murder

they definitely understood during that time that the stabbing would lead to death, and that they shouldn't get caught for it

[edit]

News article says they believed their families would be harmed if they didn't do it. Where is everyone getting this "in love with Julio Slenderman" idea from?

CAMP FARTING ROCKS fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 14, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Zazi posted:

they definitely understood during that time that the stabbing would lead to death, and that they shouldn't get caught for it

Kids don't understand death, hth

Like literally their brain chemistry does not allow them to fully comprehend the consequences of that

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

do they have memes in jail

TFW you shiv a bitch in the chow line

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Solid Poopsnake good username I imagine a good long solid poop makes me hope I have one in near future

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

JebanyPedal posted:

Solid Poopsnake good username I imagine a good long solid poop makes me hope I have one in near future

This username is the most precious gift I have ever received.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

when daddy gives u cummies in the shower

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

he's a tall skinny dude in a suit and has multiple sets of arms or some poo poo. what an interesting and original concept. definitely worth killing over

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If tried as kids, they'll likely get out at 25. That's over ten years of jailtime. That's going to loving suck plenty.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Republican Vampire posted:

It keeps my skin young.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Zazi posted:

News article says they believed their families would be harmed if they didn't do it. Where is everyone getting this "in love with Julio Slenderman" idea from?

Is this the first time you heard about this or something, what the hell?

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/08/22/girls-who-tried-kill-slender-man-264218.html

Newsweek posted:

"According to the criminal complaint obtained by Newsweek, Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier, both 12, discovered Slender Man on Creepypasta Wiki, a website dedicated to Internet horror stories (its tagline: “Proudly hosting 12,151 of your worst nightmares since 2010”). They believed he was real. In early 2014, Geyser and Weier decided to become what they called “proxies” of Slender Man, thereby proving their dedication to him and his existence to skeptics. To do so, they’d have to kill someone. In February, the girls decided to carry out their act on May 30, the night Geyser planned to celebrate her 12th birthday. (This, and the description that follows, recounts the actions of the two girls as they are presented in the criminal complaint.)

In the intervening months, Geyser and Weier whispered about their plan, sometimes while riding the bus, often using code words like “camping trip” (to refer to the Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin’s Northwoods, where they believed Slender Man lived). On the evening of Friday, May 30, Geyser, Weier and the victim went roller skating and then headed back to Geyser’s house for a sleepover. Geyser and Weier knew when they were going to stab their friend: 2 a.m. And how: cover the girl’s mouth with duct tape, stab her in the neck and then pull the covers over her. Then they’d run.

But they didn’t kill their friend that night. “I wanted to give [the victim] one more day,” Geyser told police.

On Saturday morning, Geyser and Weier’s new plan was to stab the victim in a bathroom at a local park, but they finally attacked her in the woods during a game of hide-and-seek. According to the criminal complaint, Weier pushed the girl down and sat on her, thinking Geyser would then stab her. The victim started yelling, complaining that she couldn’t breathe, so Weier got off of her. Geyser gave Weier the knife, but Weier said she felt too squeamish so she gave it back to Geyser.

“I’m not going to until you tell me to,” Geyser told Weier, according to the complaint.

“Go ballistic, go crazy,” Weier replied. “Now.”

Then, as Geyser put it to police, “stabby, stab, stab.”"

They also found a lot of drawings one of them made of him and other signs of an obsession that didn't really seem anything like superstitious fear.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sounds like Wisconsin

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Profondo Rosso posted:

It’s so funny what people who haven’t been kidnapped think is scary.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

12 is old enough
/
:aatrek:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

GORDON posted:

It’s so funny what people who haven’t been kidnapped think is scary.

i an sorry for triggering u :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Pick posted:

If tried as kids, they'll likely get out at 25. That's over ten years of jailtime. That's going to loving suck plenty.

i hope this is what happens because they'll be cool as poo poo to party with at 25 after over a decade of incarceration for the attempted murder of a peer to appease benedict cumberbatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do the adult crime, do the adult time.

• Locked thread