Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best?
This poll is closed.
Sweet Tea 2 66.67%
Pepsi 0 0%
Arson 1 33.33%
Diet Dr Pepper 0 0%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Season 6 is here. Hokies Hokies Hokies with their 4th ACC title won, and their 5th Coastal title, along with a 2nd national title. NC State made an appearance for the Atlantic for the 2nd consecutive time, and UNC/Miami came close but couldn't seal the deal. At this point we are all perilously thin thanks to weird recruiting. Remixed divisions to balance out some stuff and try something new, hello DUKE BLUE DEVILS WELCOME

Coastal Division Preview

Georgia Tech - BEEEESSSSSSSSSSS BEEESSS ALL OVER THE ATLANTIC

Miami - MANY #HIGHRATINGS PLAYERS HERE

North Carolina - NEW DIVISION SAME SPOT IN THE OP

Pittsburgh - ABANDONED AND UNLOVED THEIR COACH WAS FIRED.

South Carolina - THIS IS NOW DUKE

Virginia - LOLUVA

Virginia Tech - THE ONCE AND STILL CHAMPIONES

Atlantic Division Preview

Boston College - THEY WENT TO PLAY WITH THEIR OLD BIG EAST PALS IN THAT OTHER DIVISION

Clemson - EVEN VIRTUAL CAPN IS GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY HIRED

Florida State - DRIFTING INTO OBSCURITY

Louisville - The Empty Throne of Bobby Petrino's Motorcycle

NC State - READY TO REMAIN ATOP THE HEAP IN HERE

Syracuse - DUMPSTER FIRE OF THE FROZEN NORTH

Wake Forest - THEY STILL EXIST I GUESS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that may be new to the dynasty here are some things you should know about how I run this ship.

1)I am a considerate commish provided you post and stay in touch with the dynasty through the thread (when it concerns player games) or contacting me in AIM/PM. If there are scheduling problems, provided I am aware of them I will work with y'all to get games played.
2)I am a cruel and powerful commish, I move this thing along when I say I plan to especially as it concerns CPU games. I will often set a deadline and players need to get their games in. I don't wait on people with CPU games unless there is the aforementioned communication about a situation.
3)We don't play FCS teams in this league. We prefer mid major meats around these parts.
4)It's a good time in here, trash talk is fine and we will all have fun with the thread.
5)I will listen to suggestions about improving the game play of the dynasty, but the decision to implement anything is ultimately mine.
6)I don't care about CPU games; they are for getting bowl eligible and pointless stat padding. I won't be upset about a reset or two along the way. That said don't restart a half dozen times because someone got injured.

If you got problems all I gots to say is

----------------------------------------------
Teams by Division

Coastal
Boston College - Texas A Wrecksus GT QuickDrawQuincy
Duke - OPEN
Louisville - OPEN
Miami - John Brown GT True Cryme
Pittsburgh - OPEN
Virginia - OPEN
Virginia Tech - Zsbaug24 GT JDMTyte

Atlantic
Clemson - Lil Jon Galt GT Kancho :iiam:
Florida State - OPEN
Georgia Tech - cletus42o GT cletus42o
North Carolina - slywalker13 GT Slywalker13
NC State - Dioedeus GT BenedictWong
Syracuse - OPEN
Wake Forest - OPEN

Wait List:

Wait list will work as follows; when a person drops out the first person on the wait list will get a PM and have 24 hrs to respond about taking the spot. If I get no response it's onto the next person.

Difficulty - All American; Adjusted Penalty Sliders; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.
No Recruiting boosters.

Basically I'm going to ask that everyone not play like an rear end in a top hat. I want to see good sportsmanship and that people play the game like real football within bounds. The game is trying to tailor it so you should be encouraged to do so, but lets actually try and care. I may make adjustments as the game goes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Welcome to week 1. We have CPU games for all! Enjoy!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, it was a pleasure, but this team is a joke. My QB doesn't even have enough THP to throw my regular routes. I threw 3 picks against Arizona in the first half because of this, and I can't even imagine how that'll play out in user games. I wish EA had at least fixed arguably the most important feature in the dynasty (coach xp).

Anyhow, it was a great run. I'll see you guys in the B1G and SEC leagues.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, I really wish you wouldn't depart. We've got so few users so every loss hurts even more. Get creative and ride out this poo poo season and we can collude or something to get you a good QB

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tbh I've been looking for a legit reason to drop. I just got a Xone and will be hitting that up regularly, I need to start planning my next career move and could use the time spent playing games to do so, and my girl is loving destroying my schedule. Also, even if I get a QB and an oline I'll still get out-recruited by the CPU in embarrassing fashion.

It's time, man. We can't keep this poo poo going forever.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT blanks Tulane, 63-0. r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I will straight up give your QB a respectable amount of THP if that would change your mind.

Also I can't say that you couldn't work around it, maybe its a down year just like IRL sometimes it doesn't pan out every season.

It won't die until they kill the servers, I'll play by myself when/if it comes to that.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 15, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I will straight up give your QB a respectable amount of THP if that would change your mind.

Second this as well as the collusion proposition.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So I tried again and it wasn't that bad, but I only made it 1 quarter in before I had to jet. I'll give it another shot either today or tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Give his QB a boost regardless of it he wants it.

I'll play my game today.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Your QB was 98 OVR he is now 99 OVR with 85 THP. I can't believe you were whining about a QB that has 98 SPD and 92 ACC just work on adjusting your play style to your QB.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sorry, I really didn't think I came off as whiny, but merely explaining the reason for my initial decision to drop out. Fellas, I just got Destiny for the Xone, and I'll soon be picking up GTA and Hardlines also. I'll try to stick around for as long as I can, but understand that the B1G and SEC leagues take priority because I can actually develop those teams.

ZSB, thanks for the point boost but I've never been the type for charities. Please revert it back and I'll try to work around it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Sorry, I really didn't think I came off as whiny, but merely explaining the reason for my initial decision to drop out. Fellas, I just got Destiny for the Xone, and I'll soon be picking up GTA and Hardlines also. I'll try to stick around for as long as I can, but understand that the B1G and SEC leagues take priority because I can actually develop those teams.

ZSB, thanks for the point boost but I've never been the type for charities. Please revert it back and I'll try to work around it.

Just mean that given the fact that we only have a few user games and I don't press people to get stuff played super fast I'd like to think of all the dynasties to stick with mine is the most accomodating. No reason to quit I love my xbone, but Destiny won't keep you forever and GTA is a p filler kind of game in that you can pick it up whenever.

Honestly I have no issue with sticking it at 85 vs 82, it bumps that stat into the green zone which means your passes will have zip on them. Not like I made him a monster. Just think you should work more QB runs/zone read into your playbook with a guy like that and not worry about the lessened deep passing (you've played me enough to see even with a strong armed QB i'm almost all west coast routes intermediate and short).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This is true. However, we both know I'll have to go through you to win the ACC, and there's one route in particular that consistently beats your insane press man, but it takes protection and a deep accurate throw. Two things that I don't have (excluding the stat change you just made).

Like I said though, I'll stick around for as long as possible. Nice to see guys still care about keeping this thing going.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 17, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Whenever you get it in JB we'll be good to go.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. CPU games for all.

While having Dio get two guys on my board, I am now bouyed by 2 5* insta commits #1 G & #1 ATH. This train is a rolling now with some points cleared up, feel good about the recruiting chances this year.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 19, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

My recruiting class so far has been one of my best. Should be pulling in a few more impact players so my D has a seamless transition

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a.

This team is so drat schizophrenic. Struggle against Arizona, yet completely demolish FIU. Anyhow, thank you for playing nice with the recruits. Although I'm still losing to the CPU, it helps not to have to duke it out with you guys as well.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

r2a.

This team is so drat schizophrenic. Struggle against Arizona, yet completely demolish FIU. Anyhow, thank you for playing nice with the recruits. Although I'm still losing to the CPU, it helps not to have to duke it out with you guys as well.

My vols felt very much the same in the SEC league. I couldn't stop an unranked team rated far worse, but functionally demolished #12 Oklahoma with actual defense so yeah game be weird.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

r2a. Team really struggled through the first quarter and then pulled away to beat Bama something like 38-24

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Who are we waiting on?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We were waiting on me, the Texas defense was really frustrating. Advanced to week 3, lots of CPU games for everyone again.

I've got a bachelor party this weekend so tentatively next Monday as our advance date.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio you son of a bitch, we made a deal lol. The temptation of a baller Guard is just too tempting huh?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can back off if you need him. Not trying to snipe ya my dude

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I can back off if you need him. Not trying to snipe ya my dude

Well at this rate if I don't land a Guard I'll be stuck with an 85 OVR Junior, and 2 scrubs, one of which will be 48 OVR.

I hate asking for help but you can see why I'm making an exception.

E: By the way, I didn't seriously think you were trying to one-up me.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I backed off, so he should be yours now. I can put off getting a quality guard til next cycle

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll play this game before I leave town and get us to week 4.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Double Post but welcome to week 4.

It's a thin week only a few CPU games.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC gives up first points of the season and cruises over ND 37-6

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We are not dead, we are advanced! Week 5 more CPU games, I'd like to try and pick up the pace now that I'm smoothed out on real life obligations haha

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Bye week for GT. :(

r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I might be able to knock mine out tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

I might be able to knock mine out tomorrow.

Same

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

No real rush only noting that I don't plan on letting this sit for almost 2 weeks with no user games again if I can avoid it. Easily have through the weekend unless we are just ballers.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a.

Sly, are you gonna go for that ATH Alvin Robinson? It's whatever if you choose to do so. I would just like to know if I'm waiting time putting points into him.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Sorry man I forgot to check and loading everything up takes a while. I'll try checking online tomorrow (it's down right now) but I know I didn't change any points around this week.

UNC r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Can't access my recruiting from the web. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

ACC advanced and seemingly doing okay at least for me. Let's keep an eye on it, i feel the last few gasps are close, but we may not be done just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a. Looks like advancing fixed the issue as I had no problems uploading game results or recruiting changes.

• Locked thread