Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best?
This poll is closed.
Sweet Tea 2 66.67%
Pepsi 0 0%
Arson 1 33.33%
Diet Dr Pepper 0 0%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The game KNOWS JB IT KNOWS.

Also that result will stand you'll begin as FSU starting with the next advance. Wreckus play that game today please. If i can get to mine it's gonna move soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

For real for real. First it took my week 1 recruiting ability in the SEC, and now this.

Fahrenheit EA

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The game KNOWS JB IT KNOWS.

Also that result will stand you'll begin as FSU starting with the next advance. Wreckus play that game today please. If i can get to mine it's gonna move soon.

yea like i said, i'm fine with it. last few games are about feeling out what i have for next season and getting the young guys reps.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

yea like i said, i'm fine with it. last few games are about feeling out what i have for next season and getting the young guys reps.

You should be in an okay spot, Piper didn't give a poo poo about recruiting, but FSU tends to land a 30 something class at the worst. I also hope your HC started at lvl 20 since I set that to the default a while ago, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't do poo poo in that regard.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Coach is level 1, but he has the capability to earn exp, instead of showing 0/0 on the progress bar. it shows 0/320.

At least that's what I expect. when I get xp bugged, the bar shows 0/0 so :iiam:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sorry Wreckus I saw you online a bunch and the game wasn't played so advanced it was. Your team put up a decent fight in the L though.

GT/UNC :siren:

1 more advance before we hit conference championship week. Please do well enough to return my #1 ranking to its rightful owner cletus.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Get real, I'm not losing this ranking as long as this dynasty lives on.

Cletus I can maybe play today starting between 2 and 3 eastern. Waiting on a ruling by the wife. Otherwise next weekend is the time I'm back in town.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus I can maybe play today starting between 2 and 3 eastern. Waiting on a ruling by the wife. Otherwise next weekend is the time I'm back in town.
Hm.. That's going to be tough for me. We're getting ready to move and wife wants to go run errands shortly. Might be back in time to start if I get moving quickly here. Otherwise, next weekend will definitely work since my wife will be out of town.

I'll be working from home tomorrow, in case you're not leaving to go out of town today - and if that gives us another opportunity.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Let's shoot for next weekend then. Have to pack tomorrow so doubt it although keep your eye here.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Let's shoot for next weekend then. Have to pack tomorrow so doubt it although keep your eye here.
Don't forget GroupMe - I think I saw you joined up there. I know it's not for this dynasty, but I'd still see the message on my phone. (unless it gets lost in the mix of tons of other messages)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey - might be able to play between 2-3 after all. I'll look for you online.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Just an FYI, our game is done.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

e: Advanced most of us have a CPU game. Before friday if we can y'all. I'm ready to realign the conference for round robin play.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 5, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Bad commish, no more editing posts.

Fortunately I have a bye. Let's move this so we can play this weekend as I'm gone next one.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It'll be moved to conference championships tomorrow. So hey guys get to it.

I'll double and triple post in the future. My how SA has changed....

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I can learn....I hope. I just check my bookmarks and when I don't see an updated thread I don't open it

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I tried to play mine last night but Wake kept pulling off EA magic in my defensive super sims

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

When would you like to play Sly? I'll be honest earlier in the day is generally better on the weekend, it's an easier sell on morning hours with the lady.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Sooooo I just broke my thumb...in a cast for a month. Torn because I know my chances of winning are low but like you said this might be my year so....I'd hate to hold up the dynasty for a month but to lose the season like this, drat. What are your thoughts.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Sooooo I just broke my thumb...in a cast for a month. Torn because I know my chances of winning are low but like you said this might be my year so....I'd hate to hold up the dynasty for a month but to lose the season like this, drat. What are your thoughts.

July 4th is over now dude.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

A broken thumb didn't stop der juicen

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

A broken thumb didn't stop der juicen

Pour one out for our homie.

I have no intention of waiting a month. Waiting a month is basically a death sentence to this league imo. What I can say is that I once again won't be happy to win a game against your CPU for hardware.

Next season we will do round robin and I'll set it so the conference schedule doesn't begin until week 4 or 5 so you can have a good window to heal up. Enjoy Occupational Therapy! Once again you'll have to wait another season to ruin mine :( I'm really bummed I wanted to play your team p badly.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Youre right, I was just hoping it wasnt so. Let's still play, who knows, I may get lucky, I'm only in a thumb spica. I don't know times yet this weekend but I think I can play when you wake up either day, what time is that usually.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Youre right, I was just hoping it wasnt so. Let's still play, who knows, I may get lucky, I'm only in a thumb spica. I don't know times yet this weekend but I think I can play when you wake up either day, what time is that usually.

I'm usually up around 8-9 CT Saturday maybe 9-10 CT Sunday. If you're just in a splint or something you can totally give it a good shot I'd think. Unless you're in a hard cast you prb can finagle your way into an okay playing position. Left trigger isn't that critical anyway....

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Ill try to be on around 930 CDT today. It may be a mess but my fingers are free. Id rather take the almost assuired loss over the garunteed one.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Ill try to be on around 930 CDT today. It may be a mess but my fingers are free. Id rather take the almost assuired loss over the garunteed one.

See you then buddy! Hope we have a good one, I want that #1 ranking back :colbert:

e: I'll be online now so whenever you make it on.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 11, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I think it was about a year ago we had to Sim our other championship.

I guess I've played this game too much because muscle memory is apparently a major component . Even controlling things with my uninjured left and was hard since the controller with unsteady Sigh, I'll now spend several days wondering what if.

Gg

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

GG man you had some bad turnover luck in the first half that even with some stronger play would have made it tough (the 2 fumbles). I squandered a number of chances though, truly a what if. Game I think could have been closer than it was, neither of us could pass very well as is the usual. My dline ate up your run game though that would have been hard to overcome either way.

Into Bowl Season!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Peach bowl, what a crock of bull. Sad to Sim and watch my defence not perform but at least cpu unc dropped 63 on UK.

edit: failed upload, had to take over on final drive of game to get into FG range of second game.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 15, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

VT proves why non BCS schools had no business asking to be in NCG blowing out LA Tech 80-9. Senior #2 in the award voting return man took 3 KR back to the house and caught 4 passes to go with another TD. Sent all seniors out on a high note, back to back national champs.

Play your games by Saturday then I want to get it trucking towards the next season where we can reinvigorate the user v user component of the dynasty!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm out of town until Sunday so if we can hold advances until then I'd be grateful

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I won't move it past the Players Leaving stage until Sunday night at the earliest. May not even advance it until Saturday night since I'll be away from home all Saturday.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

So a few housekeeping items.

- Time to wake up if you haven't been paying attention the last few advances. Coaching Carousel is over and it's players leaving time. (I've got 4 first rounders!)
- Next season we will all play each other round robin for the ACC title.
- The next thread will be our final forever thread.
- Some of us got some new coordinators.

2018 Season Wrap Up

Final Rankings
#1 VT
#4 UNC
#5 Miami
#7 BC
#8 GT
#10 Clemson
#11 NCSU
UNR: FSU

Award Winners
:woop:
C. Yancey QB GT - Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp
W. Weber LB VT - Bednarik, Best LB
C. Treangen DE UNC - Nagurski, Lombardi
A. Parsons QB VT - O' Brien
C. Murphy C UNC - Rimington
J. Bush CB VT - Thorpe
M. Temple K BC - Lou Groza
M. Curry P NCSU - Ray Guy
K. Neal HB Miami - Best Ret.
:woop:

All Americans

First Team AA
QB - A. Parson VT
HB - R. Charles VT
WR - J. Ewing Miami
LT - M. Montgomery UNC
LT - K. Hutchinson VT
RG - M. Crawford VT
RE - S. Hansen VT
RE - C. Treangen UNC
DT - J. Barrett VT
DT - T. Washington VT
LB - J. Freund UNC
LB - W. Weber VT
LB - T. Kennedy UNC
CB - J. Bush VT
FS - R. Williams VT
SS - S. Hill VT
K - M. Temple BC
KR - K. Neal Miami

Second Team AA
QB - C. Yancey GT
HB - J. Johnson Miami
WR - E. Neal UNC
TE - T. Pitts Miami
C - C. Murphy UNC
RG - L. Byrd Miami
RT - T. Kelly VT
LE - D. Lawson VT
RE - A. Rodgers Miami
DT - C. Wood Miami
DT - P. Farris BC
LB - N. James NCSU
FS - M. Rodgers UNC
SS - A. Williams UNC
P - D. Burgess VT
KR - T. Smith VT

Freshman AA
WR - J. Davis Miami
LG - B. Stanley VT
DT - M. Brown VT
DT - C. Moore NCSU
LB - J. Freund UNC
CB - M. Battle VT
CB - M. Glover VT
FS - R. Williams VT
P - M. Curry NCSU
KR - K. Neal Miami

Total AA Counts
VT - 20
UNC/Miami - 9
NCSU - 3
BC - 2
GT - 1

Stats Break Down
:dukedog:
Best Offense - VT 6710 yds
Best Passing O - Miami 4343 yds
Best Rushing O - NCSU 3370 yds
Most PPG - VT @ 54.8
Fewest Sacks Allowed - NCSU 20
Most 1st Downs - NCSU 292
Best Defense - UNC 2590 yds allowed
Best Passing D - BC 2148 yds allowed
Best Rushing D - UNC 217 yds allowed
Fewest Pts Allowed - UNC @ 102
Most Sacks - VT 65
Best 3rd D Conv % - NCSU/GT @ 61%
Best Red Zone O/Eff - VT 93% scores
Best Red Zone D/Eff - VT 66% allowed scores
Least Penalized - VT 6 for 63 yards
Highest TO Diff - VT +15
Most Takeaways - VT 35

Of the Year Awards
Coach of the Year - Sly: Captured the first and only fresh division title, and a top 5 finish.
OPOTY - A Parsons QB VT; perhaps a bit of a homer pick, but he threw for ~3500 yds and rushed for 1100 more, plus he now owns every QB record in VT history as a 4 year starter.
DPOTY - C. Treangen DE UNC; Won awards and made the ACCCG annoying

Enjoy your players leaving until Sunday night!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 19, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a.

Yancey's staying, but I lost a lot. But I think I ended up with a good recruiting class finally, so I might rise from mediocrity.

Two seasons in a row with Heisman QB winners for GT, love the way this game works!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Time to get your CROOTIN in.

We are on the off season recruiting stage guys, so might want to pay attention maybe just a little right now. I'll give it a day at least.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I hope that I can maintain my stride this season, but there's a lot of big changes to my team: 4 year starter and owner of every NCSU passing and rushing record, QB Chad Jenkins, is graduated; 3 year starter at HB Brian Wiley is graduated; perilously thin depth at G; lack of talent at WR and TE. My defense returns most of the key starters and I gain two DEs and an MLB who should make immediate impacts. Looking forward to getting this rolling. r2a

EDIT: Somehow I have the #1 recruiting class right now and pulled in the #1 and #2 QBs in the nation

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 21, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
That's because you somehow got to 6*prestige before me. I've finally got that last star. You are all now on notice; North Carolina is Tar Heel Country.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

LOOK BUB, WHEN YOU'RE PUTTIN IN THE HARD WORK OF GRINDING OUT THESE CONTINUAL 9-3 SEASONS, THEN YOU REAP THE REWARDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Position changes yall

• Locked thread