Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best?
This poll is closed.
Sweet Tea 2 66.67%
Pepsi 0 0%
Arson 1 33.33%
Diet Dr Pepper 0 0%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, it was a pleasure, but this team is a joke. My QB doesn't even have enough THP to throw my regular routes. I threw 3 picks against Arizona in the first half because of this, and I can't even imagine how that'll play out in user games. I wish EA had at least fixed arguably the most important feature in the dynasty (coach xp).

Anyhow, it was a great run. I'll see you guys in the B1G and SEC leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tbh I've been looking for a legit reason to drop. I just got a Xone and will be hitting that up regularly, I need to start planning my next career move and could use the time spent playing games to do so, and my girl is loving destroying my schedule. Also, even if I get a QB and an oline I'll still get out-recruited by the CPU in embarrassing fashion.

It's time, man. We can't keep this poo poo going forever.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So I tried again and it wasn't that bad, but I only made it 1 quarter in before I had to jet. I'll give it another shot either today or tomorrow.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sorry, I really didn't think I came off as whiny, but merely explaining the reason for my initial decision to drop out. Fellas, I just got Destiny for the Xone, and I'll soon be picking up GTA and Hardlines also. I'll try to stick around for as long as I can, but understand that the B1G and SEC leagues take priority because I can actually develop those teams.

ZSB, thanks for the point boost but I've never been the type for charities. Please revert it back and I'll try to work around it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This is true. However, we both know I'll have to go through you to win the ACC, and there's one route in particular that consistently beats your insane press man, but it takes protection and a deep accurate throw. Two things that I don't have (excluding the stat change you just made).

Like I said though, I'll stick around for as long as possible. Nice to see guys still care about keeping this thing going.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 17, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a.

This team is so drat schizophrenic. Struggle against Arizona, yet completely demolish FIU. Anyhow, thank you for playing nice with the recruits. Although I'm still losing to the CPU, it helps not to have to duke it out with you guys as well.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio you son of a bitch, we made a deal lol. The temptation of a baller Guard is just too tempting huh?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I can back off if you need him. Not trying to snipe ya my dude

Well at this rate if I don't land a Guard I'll be stuck with an 85 OVR Junior, and 2 scrubs, one of which will be 48 OVR.

I hate asking for help but you can see why I'm making an exception.

E: By the way, I didn't seriously think you were trying to one-up me.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I might be able to knock mine out tomorrow.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami is r2a.

Sly, are you gonna go for that ATH Alvin Robinson? It's whatever if you choose to do so. I would just like to know if I'm waiting time putting points into him.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a. Looks like advancing fixed the issue as I had no problems uploading game results or recruiting changes.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Thanks dude. 5 weeks in and I don't have a single recruit locked down. poo poo is pretty difficult.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

How are you guys getting so many pancakes with your Olinemen? Are you setting your blocking to aggressive?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll play my game tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Not working for me lol.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll need some magic to even be competitive. Your dline is gonna own my squad.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The collective bargaining agreement we have on recruits has been helpful, but it's just not the same. Gone are the days of epic games between us.

E: The most insane game we've ever had is the one in which my late 3rd down conversion got called back because of my WR stepping out. I thought you were dead in the water before I saw that :flag:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, what's your schedule like tomorrow? I'm off so I can play at most times, but the earlier the better.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If I had seen this earlier I would have gotten up earlier and we could have played before I head to work. Maybe tonight, but I'm not getting home from work till almost 8 so I dunno what the window is. Maybe Saturday/Sunday morning if there is any time?

I meant that I'm off on Friday so I can play at any time, but the earlier the better.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm free tonight until 9pm, but I could also play Saturday morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Maybe depending on when I wake up?

see you in the morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Can't this morning, errands to run. Tomorrow morning?

I'm available today until like 4pm.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I just got home so I think we missed our shot today. It was my sisters bday so things were afoot.

I can still go actually.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hopefully I don't get rolled lol.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

VT holds off Miami 42-21 with a couple of red zone INTs that killed drives. Hokie offense was relatively efficient and I had a solid day passing, if not quite the rushing totals I might have preferred. A good game as always, but the Hokies had the edge by probably a bit less than the scoreboard showed.

It wasn't that bad, but I did feel as if I were on the run every single pass play. Also my defense literally failed to make a single play on the ball as you threw a perfect game. And on that one play where I thought I had a game-changing pick my Safety just watched the ball go through his hands.

Though it wasn't a disaster it didn't help my motivation to stay in this league. I'll finish out the season for sure.

Did you not join Cletus's new league?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Rebalanced divisions made a super competitive Atlantic (if Dio hadn't been unable to play some CPU games that could have been a 3 way tie potentially), and the status quo remains in the Coastal.

The status quo will continue to remain because I just won't be able to compete with your rosters now. That and you're still using voodoo against me.

E: This is the only league you dominate me in. I can only beat VT in the BCSCG.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wait...there's a chance I could sneak into the BCSCG isn't there?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Embrace the chaos

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

JB, we still trying for 630 or 730 cst

Yup. I can say for sure it won't be 6:30 because I forgot about a coworker's happy hour.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You can go ahead and put me indefinite AP. I can't play with a QB who can't throw, and an oline that can't block. Been looking for a reason to drop and I've found it.

GG Dio

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let me take a look at the teams who haven't been touched (Louisville). If I had XP I'd stay but my QB couldn't even throw to open out and slant routes against Dio.

E: If the XP comes back I'll give Louisville a shot. ZSB, what's the password?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 8, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

id rejoin if you realign and bring in a non user played team. im staying alive in JBs B1G out of pure will despite the xp bug. a team where i can get xp will keep me interested.

Let's see if this works first, and if so, we could get you another squad in that dynasty.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

There is no guarantee that picking a previously-unused team will result in you not getting the bug. We've definitely tried that before.

Sometimes, you get the bug, sometimes you don't.

I joined a dynasty in its season 2 and picked a previously-user-controlled team and did not get the XP bug. But I got the bug here and I don't think anyone had GT before I did in this incarnation.

If I knew the password I'd quit and rejoin over and over until I got rid of the bug haha.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not a lvl 50 coach because I chose to come back after being asked to do so by multiple people.

That was a random comment.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Didn't intend to come off as bitchy. If there were any replays you would see that on 2 of the picks I threw my WR/TE beat their guy with an out/slant route, but my QB's arm is so weak that the defenders recovered and intercepted the ball. On another play I got picked off in the end zone because my QB sucks at throwing bullets in tight spaces. There were also several plays where Dio's defenders busted up run plays like Clowney.

From a defensive standpoint, Dio simply had to run commit and force me to throw on long downs or tight spaces to stop my offense. Also, I was running for my life on nearly every pass play because the left side of my oline is laughable, and he was user-rushing from the right. All this with having an updated playbook to cater to running the ball. I was actually being literal with that initial post-game comment.

Had I remembered that the bug is random I would've asked for the PW so I could quit and rejoin repeatedly until it worked correctly. Even with the accommodations that you guys have made in recruiting I would've ended up with maybe 4 or 5 guys rated 74 or higher, and that's assuming no EA bullshit happens in the last few weeks. I'm too competitive to be okay with that.

Of course I'd stick it out for as long as I can if I could get the bug to go away. I just completely forgot about that. More times than not it's fun losing to you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I really just want the poo poo to work. If you can figure out the PW I'll continue to rejoin and drop on a weekly basis until it does. I'll even start with switching to Louisville. I'm okay with losing as long as I know I did so with everything in my control.

Now a few years ago I was a sourpuss because I didn't understand what it took to build a contender in this game haha.

And Dio, you've gotten better but be careful with run commit. Play-action will be the death of you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

JB password is goons.

Thanks! I'm going to keep leaving and rejoining so feel free to advance without my consent until I say otherwise. I've tried about 5x so far and haven't had any luck.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You know...it's really bs that the CPU can use the locked out feature and schedule visit during an advance.

Anyway, Wreckus we're up. I'm going to stick with Miami for the rest of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I should be on mostly every night this week.

Let's try Thursday night around 9pm CT.

• Locked thread