Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best?
This poll is closed.
Sweet Tea 2 66.67%
Pepsi 0 0%
Arson 1 33.33%
Diet Dr Pepper 0 0%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Season 6 is here. Hokies Hokies Hokies with their 4th ACC title won, and their 5th Coastal title, along with a 2nd national title. NC State made an appearance for the Atlantic for the 2nd consecutive time, and UNC/Miami came close but couldn't seal the deal. At this point we are all perilously thin thanks to weird recruiting. Remixed divisions to balance out some stuff and try something new, hello DUKE BLUE DEVILS WELCOME

Coastal Division Preview

Georgia Tech - BEEEESSSSSSSSSSS BEEESSS ALL OVER THE ATLANTIC

Miami - MANY #HIGHRATINGS PLAYERS HERE

North Carolina - NEW DIVISION SAME SPOT IN THE OP

Pittsburgh - ABANDONED AND UNLOVED THEIR COACH WAS FIRED.

South Carolina - THIS IS NOW DUKE

Virginia - LOLUVA

Virginia Tech - THE ONCE AND STILL CHAMPIONES

Atlantic Division Preview

Boston College - THEY WENT TO PLAY WITH THEIR OLD BIG EAST PALS IN THAT OTHER DIVISION

Clemson - EVEN VIRTUAL CAPN IS GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY HIRED

Florida State - DRIFTING INTO OBSCURITY

Louisville - The Empty Throne of Bobby Petrino's Motorcycle

NC State - READY TO REMAIN ATOP THE HEAP IN HERE

Syracuse - DUMPSTER FIRE OF THE FROZEN NORTH

Wake Forest - THEY STILL EXIST I GUESS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that may be new to the dynasty here are some things you should know about how I run this ship.

1)I am a considerate commish provided you post and stay in touch with the dynasty through the thread (when it concerns player games) or contacting me in AIM/PM. If there are scheduling problems, provided I am aware of them I will work with y'all to get games played.
2)I am a cruel and powerful commish, I move this thing along when I say I plan to especially as it concerns CPU games. I will often set a deadline and players need to get their games in. I don't wait on people with CPU games unless there is the aforementioned communication about a situation.
3)We don't play FCS teams in this league. We prefer mid major meats around these parts.
4)It's a good time in here, trash talk is fine and we will all have fun with the thread.
5)I will listen to suggestions about improving the game play of the dynasty, but the decision to implement anything is ultimately mine.
6)I don't care about CPU games; they are for getting bowl eligible and pointless stat padding. I won't be upset about a reset or two along the way. That said don't restart a half dozen times because someone got injured.

If you got problems all I gots to say is

----------------------------------------------
Teams by Division

Coastal
Boston College - Texas A Wrecksus GT QuickDrawQuincy
Duke - OPEN
Louisville - OPEN
Miami - John Brown GT True Cryme
Pittsburgh - OPEN
Virginia - OPEN
Virginia Tech - Zsbaug24 GT JDMTyte

Atlantic
Clemson - Lil Jon Galt GT Kancho :iiam:
Florida State - OPEN
Georgia Tech - cletus42o GT cletus42o
North Carolina - slywalker13 GT Slywalker13
NC State - Dioedeus GT BenedictWong
Syracuse - OPEN
Wake Forest - OPEN

Wait List:

Wait list will work as follows; when a person drops out the first person on the wait list will get a PM and have 24 hrs to respond about taking the spot. If I get no response it's onto the next person.

Difficulty - All American; Adjusted Penalty Sliders; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.
No Recruiting boosters.

Basically I'm going to ask that everyone not play like an rear end in a top hat. I want to see good sportsmanship and that people play the game like real football within bounds. The game is trying to tailor it so you should be encouraged to do so, but lets actually try and care. I may make adjustments as the game goes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Welcome to week 1. We have CPU games for all! Enjoy!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I will straight up give your QB a respectable amount of THP if that would change your mind.

Also I can't say that you couldn't work around it, maybe its a down year just like IRL sometimes it doesn't pan out every season.

It won't die until they kill the servers, I'll play by myself when/if it comes to that.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 15, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Your QB was 98 OVR he is now 99 OVR with 85 THP. I can't believe you were whining about a QB that has 98 SPD and 92 ACC just work on adjusting your play style to your QB.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Sorry, I really didn't think I came off as whiny, but merely explaining the reason for my initial decision to drop out. Fellas, I just got Destiny for the Xone, and I'll soon be picking up GTA and Hardlines also. I'll try to stick around for as long as I can, but understand that the B1G and SEC leagues take priority because I can actually develop those teams.

ZSB, thanks for the point boost but I've never been the type for charities. Please revert it back and I'll try to work around it.

Just mean that given the fact that we only have a few user games and I don't press people to get stuff played super fast I'd like to think of all the dynasties to stick with mine is the most accomodating. No reason to quit I love my xbone, but Destiny won't keep you forever and GTA is a p filler kind of game in that you can pick it up whenever.

Honestly I have no issue with sticking it at 85 vs 82, it bumps that stat into the green zone which means your passes will have zip on them. Not like I made him a monster. Just think you should work more QB runs/zone read into your playbook with a guy like that and not worry about the lessened deep passing (you've played me enough to see even with a strong armed QB i'm almost all west coast routes intermediate and short).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Whenever you get it in JB we'll be good to go.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. CPU games for all.

While having Dio get two guys on my board, I am now bouyed by 2 5* insta commits #1 G & #1 ATH. This train is a rolling now with some points cleared up, feel good about the recruiting chances this year.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 19, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

r2a.

This team is so drat schizophrenic. Struggle against Arizona, yet completely demolish FIU. Anyhow, thank you for playing nice with the recruits. Although I'm still losing to the CPU, it helps not to have to duke it out with you guys as well.

My vols felt very much the same in the SEC league. I couldn't stop an unranked team rated far worse, but functionally demolished #12 Oklahoma with actual defense so yeah game be weird.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We were waiting on me, the Texas defense was really frustrating. Advanced to week 3, lots of CPU games for everyone again.

I've got a bachelor party this weekend so tentatively next Monday as our advance date.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll play this game before I leave town and get us to week 4.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Double Post but welcome to week 4.

It's a thin week only a few CPU games.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We are not dead, we are advanced! Week 5 more CPU games, I'd like to try and pick up the pace now that I'm smoothed out on real life obligations haha

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

No real rush only noting that I don't plan on letting this sit for almost 2 weeks with no user games again if I can avoid it. Easily have through the weekend unless we are just ballers.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

ACC advanced and seemingly doing okay at least for me. Let's keep an eye on it, i feel the last few gasps are close, but we may not be done just yet.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We appear to be up and running again. Let's aim to get this advanced as soon as GT/BC play their game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I've got in laws in town until Saturday morning so I'd love it if we can wait until then but if not I understand as mine is not a user game.

Given all the issues that is fine by me, prb won't see Wreckus until then anyway lol

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Any luck you two on playing that game?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Wreckus, when will you be online? Most nights this week would work for me, ideally starting before 9pm Eastern.

If we don't hear today I'll put him on AP sad though that would make me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Wreckus, if you'll be on any time today, let me know. You logged on literally right when my wife called me to tell me she was on the way home last night, and it's tough to tell her I'm going to play a game for close to an hour after she gets home from a day of work + class. (she actually graduates with her MBA soon, which is great - but I have enjoyed the night classes for getting in my internet footballs)

ZSB, if you think you just need to sim our game, go ahead. I would like to play, since I need any win I can get to help with recruiting (not that beating Wreckus is a given of course), but I know we need to get things moving too.

I'm really in little rush, EA seems to be slowly killing this so I'm not really putting pressure on anyone with a time table, we really have very few user games so I'd prefer to avoid simming or AP'ing folks if I can.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If this doesn't get played by the end of the weekend I'll make an AP move or just SIM it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced to Week 7. Biggest bummer is Dio's NCSU squad suffered a sim defeat to lowly Pitt tumbling them to #14. But it made room for BC to enter the top 5 for the first time.

I didn't check about user games, so I'll see about that tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

poo poo was all hosed up for me tonight just have to keep an eye on it I suppose...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I think it may have just died for me. It can't connect to the EA Servers anymore...

:tbear:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Everyone has a CPU game. We will obv be patient with the server issues. This morning seemed like a good window though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio & Wreckus y'all got till Friday or so to play your games. They're ones you'll want to.

Hokies demolish Pitt, threw 2 pointless late game ints oh well.

e: Forgot I'm going out of town for 4 days starting Thursday night so either I can advance this before I go (hopefully) or we wait till next Tuesday.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 13, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Everything has been golden for a few days now fingers crossed. You guys have all weekend to find a time I won't be able to do anything about this before I get out of town.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Any progress, do we need to wait/AP someone/SIM IT ALL AND MOVE FORWARD LIKE A FIRE

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Most important week of the season

VT vs Miami

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'll need some magic to even be competitive. Your dline is gonna own my squad.

Gotta win in the trenches. I'm glad that EA smoothed over the server issues so I can hope to run this poo poo for double digit seasons still.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

The collective bargaining agreement we have on recruits has been helpful, but it's just not the same. Gone are the days of epic games between us.

E: The most insane game we've ever had is the one in which my late 3rd down conversion got called back because of my WR stepping out. I thought you were dead in the water before I saw that :flag:

Yes, although in the second season here tying the game with 0 on the clock after a kick return to take it to OT where I got a 4th down stop following a score to comeback and win may be my most memorable. Only shameful that you whomped me in our rematch NCG.

Basically I own our ACC matches by and large, you've owned me in the SEC and our B1G games are a wash. That's some even competition, although our games have progressively gotten less close minus the B1G.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 20, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

ZSB, what's your schedule like tomorrow? I'm off so I can play at most times, but the earlier the better.

If I had seen this earlier I would have gotten up earlier and we could have played before I head to work. Maybe tonight, but I'm not getting home from work till almost 8 so I dunno what the window is. Maybe Saturday/Sunday morning if there is any time?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'm free tonight until 9pm, but I could also play Saturday morning.

Maybe depending on when I wake up?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Can't this morning, errands to run. Tomorrow morning?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I'm available today until like 4pm.

I just got home so I think we missed our shot today. It was my sisters bday so things were afoot.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I can still go actually.

I will hop on. Hopefully the storms don't knock my internet out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

VT holds off Miami 42-21 with a couple of red zone INTs that killed drives. Hokie offense was relatively efficient and I had a solid day passing, if not quite the rushing totals I might have preferred. A good game as always, but the Hokies had the edge by probably a bit less than the scoreboard showed.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

It wasn't that bad, but I did feel as if I were on the run every single pass play. Also my defense literally failed to make a single play on the ball as you threw a perfect game. And on that one play where I thought I had a game-changing pick my Safety just watched the ball go through his hands.

Though it wasn't a disaster it didn't help my motivation to stay in this league. I'll finish out the season for sure.

Did you not join Cletus's new league?

Nope. I'm holding onto the invitation, but 3 is about as many leagues as I can manage. I will play this by myself if I have to!

e: Dio & Wreckus you guys have till Monday to get your games in before I advance. They're both reasonably important for your division race.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 24, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I want to advance this today so if you care about your game please play it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Not going to get a chance to deal with mine

When do you think you'd be able to? Or do you not care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well I waited Dio, but I advanced tonight. Big week again. (NCSU loses to Clemson by 7 now 2-2 in conference).

VT @ BC 1 vs 3 #Top5Match
NCSU vs UNC 2 vs 12 #Top15Match

Wreckus, maybe this weekend?

• Locked thread