Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009
Recently, my husband 'Murica posted pictures of our leg deficient cat in another thread. He and our other two kitties are deserving of their own thread, so here we go.

Time for a small introduction of each cat.

Tail Deficient: O'Malley McFeline:

Approximately 7 years old
Rescued
He came pre-named from the rescue group and we kept it because we thought it was cute
Loves: sleeping, eating, belly rubs, my husband

His usual state. I've never seen a cat lie on its back so much.

O'Malley loves face-planting and then snoring so loud we can hear him across the apartment.

A mishap with my knitting, so it became a hat/scarf thing. He was so sad.

Observe the nub at the end of his tail. We call it his "mace tail" since he has a tendency to smack us with it.

Surprisingly, it's not a trap. He really likes belly rubs.

Brain Deficient: Minerva

3 years old
Rescued
Named after Minerva McGonagall because she has rings around her eyes like McGonagall's glasses, but she lacks the witch's brains
Loves: very tall cat trees, boxes, bags, yelling, and "Da Bird" toy

She couldn't figure out what was on her face or how to get it off.

Minerva has resting bitch face and the greatest side-eye I've ever seen any animal give.

When we put stuff on her head, she usually just shuts down until the object is removed.

Minerva also makes a great alien face.

Her other hobbies include resting her head on parts of us and licking us like a puppy.

Leg Deficient: Captain Ahab

Approximately 1 year old
Rescued
Named after the captain of Moby Dick fame because of his missing leg
Loves: following me around, pets, playing with everything

Ahab's pretty relaxed most of the time. A very sweet kitten.

He also has a tendency to sit like this, which always makes me laugh because he looks fat.

He also makes super cute faces.

Leg nub! Also a lover of belly rubs.

I finished his handmade white whale toy full of cat drugs! the other night. He loves it!

So that was your introduction to our felines. There will be updates and more pictures and videos to come, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, feel free to ask us any questions about them, should you have any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Do you have any more pics of O'Malley wearing knitting? I almost died of cute but I knew I had to keep going to see the whole post. TIA!

Also, do you favor orange cats or was it just coincidence that you got two of them?

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Fuzz Feets posted:

Do you have any more pics of O'Malley wearing knitting? I almost died of cute but I knew I had to keep going to see the whole post. TIA!

Also, do you favor orange cats or was it just coincidence that you got two of them?

I picked O'malley because I have always liked orange cats. We picked Minerva bc our friend got her brother and she was the last left of her litter.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Cool. I only asked because we ended up with two black cattes (well black and tortie) completely by chance but people ask if we have a preference

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I saw Ahab posted in the Refurb thread and was hoping to see a new thread for him and his cohorts. Glad it's here!

:3:

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR
I came here for the title, to add to the case study of Tail Deficiency.

Shelter pic, because this was the last time it was easy to see his tail deficiency

Cosmic after living the high life . He, uh, became poofy.

Do you feel your cat has more trouble jumping due to tail deficiency? Cosmic is not a good jumper but he also has a ton of fur on the bottom of his feet, so sure footedness is not a trait either.

pandaid fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 16, 2015

avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009
I don't believe O'Malley is missing enough of his tail to disrupt his balance. It's hard to tell exactly how much is missing, but it looks like it might've gotten caught in a door or something like that, because it's not a clean break. You can feel a bit of a nub at the end of it. I'd say he has between 75-85% of his tail, so he's pretty balanced and sure-footed. Your kitty is super cute, especially with the bob tail!

I'm also not sure I have other pictures of O'Malley with knitted items on him, but I'll look. I do know I've got plenty of embarrassing pictures of him with random hats and stuff on his head. I'll locate these within the next couple of day.

For now, however, an Ahab spam!

He's so cute I want to harm him sometimes.

More weird faces/sitting funny.

I am a bathtub.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Aw yeah, another tripod kitty and another tail deficient kitty! So glad you made a thread for them. I saw Ahab in Refurb and Tycho's thread and hoped there would be more. I also have tripod, Bingley, and a very tail deficient cat, Eben.

I love that you made a white whale for Ahab. :3: Has he figured out to come to you for help with ear skritches yet? Bingley gives it a go with the stump then comes to me for skritching.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

Aw yeah, another tripod kitty and another tail deficient kitty! So glad you made a thread for them. I saw Ahab in Refurb and Tycho's thread and hoped there would be more. I also have tripod, Bingley, and a very tail deficient cat, Eben.

I love that you made a white whale for Ahab. :3: Has he figured out to come to you for help with ear skritches yet? Bingley gives it a go with the stump then comes to me for skritching.

He still tries with the stump and it will never not be funny. He makes the best faces when you give him ear skritches.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

JimmydaFish posted:

If his mouth were a cannon, he would have barfed a hairball upon it.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
since his full name is irish we decided st pattys day was O'malley's birthday. So happy birthday to this handsome cat.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
Tabby tripods are the best, says James (who's 14 years old by the way):

He likes to sit like your kitty a lot, and also sleep with his back leg in the air.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I couldn't ever have a tripod kitty because I'd constantly be grabbing the nub and yelling NUBKITTYNIBKITTYNUBKITTY

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Sociopastry posted:

I couldn't ever have a tripod kitty because I'd constantly be grabbing the nub and yelling NUBKITTYNIBKITTYNUBKITTY

Why would you ever think that this is a reason to not get one?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Yesss more cat threads! :3: All three are very cute.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Cool kitty I met while my wife was getting bachelorette party stuff.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Sociopastry posted:

I have a manx and I tickle his nub all the time and shout pretty much exactly this.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Yeah, Eben's tail nubbin is fair game. She doesn't seem to mind.

avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009
Apologies for being remiss in posting. Have two videos:

Minerva looking stupid: Minerva playing with the feather toy: http://youtu.be/5uTJb9hrTik

Ahab playing with his whale:Captain Ahab and his white whale: http://youtu.be/38Ki-e1KyWc

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

avon_grey posted:

Apologies for being remiss in posting. Have two videos:

Minerva looking stupid: Minerva playing with the feather toy: http://youtu.be/5uTJb9hrTik

Ahab playing with his whale:Captain Ahab and his white whale: http://youtu.be/38Ki-e1KyWc

Yesss... White whale, holy (dope) grail!

avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009
Ahab spam!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I also have a tail deficient cat. Meet Shortbus!

She pretty.

But not very dignified.

Livin' on the edge errday

e: bonus pic of other members of the household - Cheech the cat and Penny the cocktail wiener (I'm fostering her and her buddy Tweed the beagle because they both came in to the shelter I work at with kennel cough.... but my husband has fallen in love so we might end up adopting them!)

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 3, 2015

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
But not very dignified.

My roommate had a cat that loved the toilet water. We would just hear SLURP SLURP and be like GODDAMNIT MERC GET OUT OF THE TOILET.

His name was mercutio bc he was a smug rear end in a top hat.

He kept moving when I took the picture and trying to head boop my camera.

Merica fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 3, 2015

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

Livin' on the edge errday

Seems like a good way to lose an inflatable pool.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
CAT FIGHT PIC SPAM INC:

Ahab is still yet to win. I think he is now 0-300

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Merica posted:

CAT FIGHT PIC SPAM INC:

that was a wild ride from start to finish

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Oh my god. Ahab is the spitting image of my cat Jackie, when she was a kitten. Minus the leg. This is the only pic I have of Jack from when she was a kitten - she got bigger and her coloring got more brown than it looks here. But still, Classic Tabby cats with big swirlies on them are the best :3:

Plus Jackie's got her own weirdness of excessive polydactylism. I mean, look at the size of the paws on that kitten, 24 toes is a lot. I think one of the reasons I also feel like she heavily resembles Ahab is that she also often has that lethargic, sleepy look in her eyes.

avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009

kaworu posted:

Oh my god. Ahab is the spitting image of my cat Jackie, when she was a kitten. Minus the leg. This is the only pic I have of Jack from when she was a kitten - she got bigger and her coloring got more brown than it looks here. But still, Classic Tabby cats with big swirlies on them are the best :3:

Plus Jackie's got her own weirdness of excessive polydactylism. I mean, look at the size of the paws on that kitten, 24 toes is a lot. I think one of the reasons I also feel like she heavily resembles Ahab is that she also often has that lethargic, sleepy look in her eyes.

She's sooooo cute! And that's seriously a lot of toes!

They look so much alike, that's crazy! I seem to know at least a few people who appear to have stolen one of our cats.

And now for an O'Malley spam!

He's so stinkin' cute.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Wanna pet dat belly

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Fuzz Feets posted:

Wanna pet dat belly

His belly is SOOOOO soft

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

this is my tail deficient cat. He likes to sit around in stupid positions making dumb faces.

he's only got about half his tail, maybe less, and it's pretty much permanently "curled" into a square shape.

I didn't know that having deficient tails could make cats not able to jump well though. He's a pretty crazy jumper and had jumped as high as 8ft before, when he got himself stuck behind a bookcase.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Loud Mouse posted:

this is my tail deficient cat. He likes to sit around in stupid positions making dumb faces.

I love the half-mustache.

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

Suspect Bucket posted:

I love the half-mustache.

I actually never noticed he had this until one of my friends starting calling him "half-stache" a few months ago. I've had him for 8years.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I am the owner servant of two (2) tail deficient feline specimens and one (1) excessively tailed feline specimen.

Here are all specimens exploring a new cat tree.

avon_grey
Jan 29, 2009
Loud Mouse and Geolicious, your kitties are so adorable! The half-stache is perfect and the bob tails make me smile. :)

This post is inspired by Minerva.

The mighty lioness surveys her territory.

Time to attack this feather whilst making a stupid face.

The Bobcats make an appearance in the background of all these pictures. Much love for The Oatmeal.

Minerva is the Queen of Stupid Faces.

She is also Queen of Blurry Pictures.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

How about an eye deficient cat?

Chloe!

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
New thing discovered about Ahab: he is drooly. Might have something to do with the enormous amount of water he drinks. Never seen a cat drink so much water.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
A note on thirsty cats--keep an eye on his weight. I have a hella thirsty cat who we discovered has hyperthyroidism. Treatment isn't bad, but not catching it is.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
This is a great thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
My elder cat Zoe drools when she's happy. It's quite unbecoming of such a dignified old lady.

• Locked thread