Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

http://rikertrombone.ytmnd.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

dMastri posted:

gently caress you this sucks and is nothing more than a cashgrab because nerds are stupid

tng special effects were never good. why are you going to remaster poo poo? it makes no sense.

Answered your own question sport (also a lot of the effects look way blurrier in HD).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

opus111 posted:

i thought it was really elegant and smart and was extmreely star trek in its outlookk. i dont care if its not scientifically plausable because a) nothing in trek actually is anyway and b) story > pleasing the nerd hoards. if you want that go read some sttephen baxter or something.

I don't think it's elegant or smart, but it plugs like 20 other, more important plot holes so screw it, good enough.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
http://picardunderstands.ytmnd.com/

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Orange Sunshine posted:

Question: what would Klingon stand-up comedy be like?

Tell knock-knock jokes while randomly throwing bricks into the crowd.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

JediTalentAgent posted:

"He was holding it backwards! I just grabbed him and pushed him into a wall. The poor bastards hands got cut off and he bled out onto the floor. I mean, I almost consider it more a suicide than anything!"

*get's hit in the neck with throwing knife*

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

opus111 posted:

nobody thinks quark is a clown, he's like the most well-written character in the entire series.

Serious business, we get it.

Sentinel Red posted:

I demand an episode where some goony ensign abuses the gently caress out of it, just gets Chief O'Misery to transport him everywhere on the ship until he's unfit as gently caress from lack of exercise and gets his fat rear end stuck in a Jeffries tube.

O'Brien discreetly fills his stomach with fried chicken skin every 8 hours or so.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

+2

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Does anyone know of any fan-rants about them being disgusted with the racism other fans show towards fictional alien races (not necessarily star trek if they're good)?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

That Turkey Story posted:

He's a nice guy, though.

He's a nice guy and a virgin in his mid-thirtys, and he still didn't gently caress his virtual dream-girl. The guy's a saint (or a eunuch).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Moridin920 posted:

I bet you he did though

He probably did run the 'stick your dick in the warp core' holodeck program whenever he got the chance, but that's his wife, it's different.

e: He had Data officiate the ceremony, then ordered him to never tell a soul.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 28, 2015

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

counterfeitsaint posted:

Data outranks Geordi. Geordi can't give him orders like that.
:goonsay:

gently caress. I'll never live down this shame, I should've known better. Now Geordi's marriage will exist in sin!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: I think a full war plot was on the "can't do" list, too.

This one makes sense because it wouldn't leave much room for TNG to do it's own thing, since it would be weird for Enterprise to ditch Space War III for weeks to go look at supernovas or whatever.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Blistex posted:

It's funny how Jeri Ryan (7 of 9) and Tricia Helfer (BSG) were only brought on as glorified eye candy for nerds, and both of them ended up being two of the strongest actors in their respective shows.

Don't forget Deforest Kelley.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

opus111 posted:

lol i don't care if people like it or not, which is why i post in gbs and not tv/iv, where people do care a lot.

opus111 posted:

it doesn't last so long because its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real, its not real!!!!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Yep, got all their bases covered.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

counterfeitsaint posted:

I've always wondered how anyone is able to keep their quarters so neat, since people are being thrown around the bridge every other episode. No wonder Alexander turned out such a mess and wanted to leave. Every time there was a red alert, it was basically like "The ship is probably going to shake a lot soon, go to the quarters filled with sharp jagged things on every wall. You can't leave until it's over."

All he could do was buckle into his dad's weird-rear end ball chair and ride it out

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdlQRNYuJw&t=7s

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Fetus Tree posted:

plummer doing shakespear poo poo in star trek as a klingon actually owns

I was fine with it, but what the hell were they talking about with that 'Original Klingon Shakespeare' line? Even when I was 8 years old that was weird as hell.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
It looks like everyone's over-thinking it in several directions.

Goddamnit Chang.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Lil Peeler posted:

Is it because psionic inhibitors and bio mimetic gels have chemicals in them? Moving parts? It doesn't work that way?

And yet Odo could still disguise himself as a pack of cigarettes.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Why cookie Rocket posted:

(After a few stupid novelty drinks my buddies and I ended up doing actual bachelor party stuff so this story doesn't have the saddest ending.)

I'd hoped you'd stayed around to try and bang the Klingon chick. You let me down.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Figaro posted:

Ezri might have been a wuss, a feeble space sick sometimes hystercal counselor

Is that what she (Dax) was? It just dawned on me that I've seen like 30 episodes of ds9 and I have absolutely no loving idea what her job on the station is. She piloted the Defiant didn't she?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

muscles like this? posted:

He does it for medical reasons.

He kept doing it because it was funny the first time.

skip to 6:55
http://podbay.fm/show/420543296/e/1383347613?autostart=1

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

muscles like this? posted:

Speaking of costumes, there's a funny story about how hosed up the process of making Generations was. They designed and actually produced all new uniforms for everyone but decided at the last second to not use them so they were completely hosed. Instead they used a mix of TNG and borrowed DS9 costumes. They also weren't given any money to redo sets so they had to reuse the ones from the show, which looked like garbage on film.

Some characters even switch to the new uniforms part-way through the movie. They must've completely run out of time for re-shoots or something.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They didn't even have time to re-tailor the DS9 suits for the actors. IIRC, Frakes had to wear Avery Brooks' suit and that's why the sleeves only go to his forearm.

I bet it smelled like cigars. Nothing to base that on, just going with my gut.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
The kind of people who would just go outside and get some sunlight weren't star trek's target audience anyway, so they had like 100% of the market locked down.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Geoff Zahn posted:

I dropped a captain's log earlier today and boy was it supplemental

True story, this my current reading-on-the-shitter book:

http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Directi...prime+directive

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

shadow puppet of a posted:

There is no better shore leave in starfleet than watching Geordie fail to have it off with anyone. Its an experience no holodeck can recreate

What if it's a hologram that shoots him down?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Moridin920 posted:

You say you want O'Brien chat?

It's still funny, so yes.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

shadow puppet of a posted:

I wish the writers went further into Dr. Crusher's upbringing as a frizz-based lifeform living in a human society.

I don't know anything about huge red wigs, but are they, like, straining a huge red wig to it's limits or what's going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Universe Master posted:

according to the next generation fashion tumblr it is a wig

a series of different wigs

vs.

Both season 7.

• Locked thread