Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
This is p. hard! Will submit soon. Just based on previous experience, please nobody post specifics about any one item, (e.g. "Wow #X is going to be split between two, wonder which one I should go with" and stuff like that).

Also, I play a different game with friends that is similar only in the "must collate responses" sense. Most of them have played multiple times and most of them have graduate or professional degrees and every round at least a quarter of them gently caress up the requested response formatting.

edit: sent

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
pig slut lisa if you will send me the data I can put together a slightly better version of what I did for an older sheep game:
http://www.bradybutterfield.com/DnDsg/

(a graph linking posters with more similar answers)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
http://bradybutterfield.com/2015_D&Dsg/

-Size of circle = how well you did
-Posters sharing responses are linked, shorter links = more shared responses*
-Color corresponds to a unidimensional scaling of the response concordance matrix (basically, slightly different way of looking at the same question, though with just one dimension you dump most of the info.). It's a borderline arbitrary way to put some color in there but generally similar colors = similar responses. I chose the most beautiful colors in creation to create the most pleasing graph, you're welcome.

Taking a look at this I think the data is actually more "clumpy" from the perspective of the questions themselves (i.e. each circle would be a question). I'll do that for next sheep game.

*These were pruned so each poster lost most of their longer links (unless it linked to a poster for whom it was one of their shorter links). If you had a ton of links but they were all the same super-long length (corn in the bible), you lost all your links.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 26, 2015

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Thanks for doing this, psl. My favorite answers were Zizek for the sandal tattoo and Garfield for the tiger. Really whiffed on a few myself, though I thought Tunney for the google tat was going to be a big scorer.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

Can you do something like this for the SAS sheep game that ran last week? This is the bees knees.
Sure, as long as results are presented the same way it shouldn't take long. Will do it tonight.

• Locked thread