Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

The Sheep Game Reveal will begin on Wednesday 3/25 at 8:30 PM central time

Greetings! Welcome to D&D gets inked: a very special Sheep Game! (a dumb idea I had and thought "sure why not")

This is how the game works. I will post pictures of 20 tattoos. Some of them are good, some of them are...more creative. For each picture, you will tell me which [US Politician/Non-US Politician/US President/Political Media Personality] would be most likely to have that tattoo on their dumb ol' body.

BUT! The object of the game is not necessarily to guess the most correct answer. Rather, the object of this game is to give the most common answer that you think will be given by the rest of the sheep. For each answer you give, you get a number of points equal to the number of people who also gave that answer. If you say "red" and 10 other people say red, you get 11 points. If you say "blue" and no one else said blue, you get 1 point. The poster with the most points at the end of 20 rounds wins! Note that it is also in your best interest to not discuss the game in other threads or IRC, lest you tip your hand on what your answers will be!

If you are still a little confused, check out these sheep games from D&D, SAS, and AI.

:siren: There will be a prize for at least one winner :siren:

Want to participate? Great! Please follow this two step process:
1) Submit your entries via email to BYOB.PSL@gmail.com (:siren:NO PMs PLEASE:siren:). The subject line should include your SA username and "D&D Sheep Game Entry" (e.g. "pig slut lisa D&D sheep game entry"). Your answers should be in the body of the message. Please submit your answers with one answer on each line, in order, and with no numbers and no questions. This will save me a bunch of editing time.
2) Re-read Step 1 and make sure you didn't gently caress it up, like half of BYOB did last time I did this. I will be reporting fuckups to Xylo and he will make them come post in BYOB with him and me. Beware this fate!

The deadline for entries is approximately one week; I will post a 24 hour notice before I stop taking submissions. Once submissions are closed I will determine a reveal date. This will be done "liveblog" style, i.e. I'll reveal each round of answers one at a time over the course of a few hours.

Once again:
:siren: DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM! :siren:

Some considerations:
-Ignore skin color, gender, and level of fitness. Just cause a tattoo's on an overweight white male doesn't mean your answer needs to be any of those things.
-On the other hand, feel free to consider not just what the tattoo depicts, but the quality of the work as well. [Members of your political ideology] may all have well-executed tattoos, while [your ideological nemeses] are maybe all idiots who look like they did their own with a modified Bic pen after downing a fifth of tequila!
-Same goes for tattoo location. An eagle on a chest is (maybe?) different from an eagle on an inner thigh.

Got it? Okay. Here are the tattoos:

Group 1: Currently serving US politicians [nb: any level of government; also includes appointees]

Group 2: Currently serving Non-US politicians

Group 3: US presidents

Group 4: Political media personalities [nb: TV, newspaper, political cartoons, shrieking podcasts, etc.]

Once again:
:siren: DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM! :siren:

Undying gratitude goes to C. Everett Koop, whose OP for the SAS Sheep Game I have heavily plagiarized. Additional thanks to XyloJW and Arkane, who I first played this with back when I used to be a D&D guy, and seiferguy for sending me the Sheep Game software to make this easier.

Good luck!

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Contestants
Raldan
Cliff Racer
Yobgoblin
V. Illych L.
alnilam
ReidRansom
DeathSandwich
Koishi Komeiji
Weener Beater
pangstrom
seiferguy
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Mayor Dave
N00ba the Hutt
TheOneAndOnlyT
30.5 Days
Biffmotron
Who What Now
corn in the bible
Akumu
vyelkin
Air is lava!
ChampRamp
HBar
Dreylad
True Blue Triumph
Dolash
Gyges
Meatbag Esq.
junior g-man
skaboomizzy
Technogeek
CellBlock
SalTheBard
A Bag of Milk
kissekatt
Silver2195
The Iron Llama
pappyland
Brigadier Sockface
XyloJW

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 25, 2015

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hell yes!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

drat, why you gotta make a hard one.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

As you email me your answers, feel free to post in here to say you're playing. That will help me know if I'm missing your message.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Sent message. Lets hope I can avoid the bottom tenth percentile this time.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Sent my guesses. Good luck everybody!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i dont know whats happening so just wrote obummer for everything

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

True to form, the three D&D people who have submitted answers so far formatted their submissions according to instructions, while the one BYOB guy ignored the instructions entirely and made a hash of his submission.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

pig slut lisa posted:

True to form, the three D&D people who have submitted answers so far formatted their submissions according to instructions, while the one BYOB guy ignored the instructions entirely and made a hash of his submission.

don't worry psl I'm "one of the good ones"
answers submitted :getin:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I've gone ahead and submitted a response for a laugh.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Entry sent! What's the prize going to be?

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Entry sent! What's the prize going to be?

It's highly secret (a.k.a. I'm still figuring it out)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
This is p. hard! Will submit soon. Just based on previous experience, please nobody post specifics about any one item, (e.g. "Wow #X is going to be split between two, wonder which one I should go with" and stuff like that).

Also, I play a different game with friends that is similar only in the "must collate responses" sense. Most of them have played multiple times and most of them have graduate or professional degrees and every round at least a quarter of them gently caress up the requested response formatting.

edit: sent

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 17, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This is gonna take some time, but I'll make an entry.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
That was way tougher than I thought it would be initially. Also, some of those tattoos really suck.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
Why not, I'll throw in an entry.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Just sent my entry in. This is going to be terrible.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sent my entry in

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I SENT AN ENTRY

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I sent an entry. Group 4 is hard. At least my terrible answers will throw off others' chances of winning :getin:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I tried my best, but that is kind of hard as a European. For example I was surprised to find out that some people left office recently.
I admit that for some of those I took some random guy literally noone else will choose.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 18, 2015

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
pig slut lisa if you will send me the data I can put together a slightly better version of what I did for an older sheep game:
http://www.bradybutterfield.com/DnDsg/

(a graph linking posters with more similar answers)

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Interesting patterns in the responses so far. Several of you have already indicated that this is harder than a regular sheep game, which I think is showing up in the answers. I think there are going to be fewer rounds where one response captures >50% of the vote than a regular game, and a lot more clusters of 10-20%. This is probably good news for those of you with PTSD from missing any of the "obvious" answers in previous iterations. There will be more opportunities to catch up.

Also, 20+ players so far :toot: Let's keep this train rolling.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
It was very difficult to come up with responses. Some of them I should have put in a popular name rather trying to be clever. My chances would have been better :-(

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

realtalk i just wrote the first thing to come to mind, much easier than trying to second-guess stuff

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

realtalk i just wrote the first thing to come to mind, much easier than trying to second-guess stuff

I did the same, except when the first thing and then the second thing to come to mind didn't actually fit the category (currently serving).

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Does anyone have the link to the 2014 election sheep game?

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I would like this too. I kept trying to find it but came up blank. The GOP primary one is in the goldmine (and linked in the OP) but the general election one is missing. :saddowns:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

pangstrom posted:

pig slut lisa if you will send me the data I can put together a slightly better version of what I did for an older sheep game:
http://www.bradybutterfield.com/DnDsg/

(a graph linking posters with more similar answers)

Yeah I can definitely do that, thanks!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Meatbag Esq. posted:

This one? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3618610

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Christ I forgot I got 170 entries.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

XyloJW posted:

Question 6: The midterms are over. It is 2015 and the Speaker of the House is not John Boehner but this person.

Eric Cantor - 95
Gen. Ripper
Pope Guilty
Ignatius M. Meen
MisterJed
AreWeDrunkYet
StealthArcher
Seven Force
Defenestration
fool_of_sound
Captain_Maclaine
Gyges
ayn rand hand job
Salvor_Hardin
Swan Oat
Rockopolis
Maarek
Dr. Tough
Skwirl
Ammat The Ankh
copy
Badger of Basra
TheOneAndOnlyT
ReidRansom
HBar
The Crotch
Omelette du Fromage
Alris
cafel
Sir Tonk
Reveilled
Stew Man Chew
paragon1
A Bag of Milk
greatn
Capfalcon
StarMagician
Meatbag Esq.
skaboomizzy
Juvenalian.Satyr
Budzilla
vyelkin
seiferguy
pangstrom
Flaskraven
Brigadier Sockface
Olanphonia
Peel
zeroprime
Corponation
Not My Leg
Adar
silvergoose
LegendaryFrog
Chantilly Say
Marcus Roberto
Prokhor Zakharov
Shithead Deluxe
ChampRamp
Kurt_Cobain
Torlo Hans
1stGear
Junior G-man
Joementum
GoutPatrol
Elephant
Mecca-Benghazi
Mo0
alnilam
TK-42-1
Tarasenko Tank
C. Everett Koop
ajkalan
Zombie Samurai
Yoshifan823
Dayvan Cowboy
FairGame
Theris
Kro-Bar
Dirt5o8
Inferior Third Season
tadashi
CellBlock
The X-man cometh
Christ Pseudoscientist
Slow Graffiti
Huge Liability
tentative8e8op
beggar
Popular Thug Drink
Amused to Death
Kilty Monroe
dilbertschalter
EngineerSean
Rogue0071
Viscardus

lmao

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

I forgot about "rename a post office".

True Blue Triumph
Apr 10, 2009

Long, long time lurker reporting in to say this was fun to toss an entry into. Here's hoping I manage not to place dead last!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I am going to win a sheep game someday. Perhaps this one, but probably not.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, this one was really hard. Answers are going to be all over the map and probably quite a lot of aces.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

True Blue Triumph posted:

Long, long time lurker reporting in to say this was fun to toss an entry into. Here's hoping I manage not to place dead last!

If you've ever done a sheep, dead last is generally an honor (as long as your answers are still relevant and not terrible).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Of course right after I sent my entry I realized I only chose the 3rd or 4th more likely answer for one of the Presidential tattoos. The answer was so obvious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Submitted my answers. Some are good. Some make no sense. And some are the sheep entry.

• Locked thread