Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
One time I asked God for a sign, then saw a fireball in the sky like 20 minutes later but that was probably just coincidence since they happen all the time. Have you guys ever asked god for a sign, and been given one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002
yes god told me to post itt and say you suck op

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Gaybee posted:

yes god told me to post itt and say you suck op

if you won't even capitalize His name, it's obviously a wayward sign from a false god.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I haven't asked god but have asked a dead relative and received a response it was very spooky op.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Once I was driving down the road. I was really depressed about my gf breaking up with me, so I was all like "god, give me a sign". Then a stop sign popped up, but I ran through it, so I was pulled over by a cop. The cop found out that I had a warrant for my arrest, so I was sent to the slammer, where my rear end in a top hat was slammed.
Then god said "you're gay".

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Someone, somewhere experienced a coincidence and took it to mean something more. loving tard.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ya

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I did, and it opened up my eyes.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
everything is god. just remember this

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
your being itself is the sign if u had the spiritual sense to perceive it

vermicious
Feb 22, 2010

Who is leaving messages on your answering machine?
one time i was walking on the beach and i was with god but when i looked back there was only one set of footprints :iiam:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i asked god for a sign and got a yield sign

i stopped but im still not sure what its for

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
one time i was going to gently caress some random and asked god, "Oh dear god, if you are out there can you please tell me if this snatch is toxic," then she (the slut i was about to gently caress) vomited all over my cock and i knew that was gods sign to me that this snartch i was about to bone on was tainted so i jerked offer with the vomit and cam on her oval office and i think she (vomit whore) passed out.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
your mom yelled "oh god gently caress me harder" and then I nutted and passed out so ask her maybe

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also she slept in the wt spot

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

I did, and it opened up my eyes.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

your mom yelled "oh god gently caress me harder" and then I nutted and passed out so ask her maybe

i nuted on someone once and we all laughed bc she was covered in postachio husk and looked like a turltle lol

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
my sexual tastes are getting more and more hosed up the older i get and its like sometimes i worry about where its all gonna end up you know

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Hobo Siege posted:

my sexual tastes are getting more and more hosed up the older i get and its like sometimes i worry about where its all gonna end up you know

perhaps you should consider some land in a remote location and an underground dungeon.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I once called someone an unfunny human being and then that guy got banned.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

I once called someone an unfunny human being and then that guy got banned.

who was this hrosecocked gentlefaggot

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is it me from the future??!!? cuz thatd blow chunks hobes

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Orkin Mang posted:

who was this hrosecocked gentlefaggot

It was some dude with an anime nazi av.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yes I have and the very next day the council showed up and installed it.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'm going to sincerepost in GBS even though it's probably a mistake. My boss is a fanatical fundamentalist, and he's always ragging me because I don't go to church. He told me that I had never felt the spirit not because God had never sent me a message, but because I wasn't listening. He told me that if I went to church with him and his family one time and promised that I'd keep an open mind, that God would send me a message. So I did actually go to church with him (and since he heavily implied that my job depended on it, I put it down on my time sheet as "weekend overtime") and when the pastor had us open up the hymn books to page whatever, the Bible verse on the page was Matthew 6:5.

So that really was an authenic message from God or an amazing coincidence, I don't really care.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
god makes lots of things happen like: everything

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I keep asking God to heal an amputee, just one case where an arm or leg grew back over the last 2000 years would do, just to show he exists.

So far, he hates the gently caress out of stumpies.

Aug 4, 2010

which god? you mean like the flying spaghetti monster? :smuggo:

you see i dont believe in god because i am an atheist :smugbert:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'll believe in any god or demon who answers my prayers. this is an open letter to all deities, demiurges, djinns, whoever. answer my wishes and i will worship you and offer up my soul.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I saw a flaming cross in the sky and lolled.

I'm atheist you stupid git.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I asked for a sign in the car and just as I did we passed one that said 50.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Two weeks ago I asked for Spock, Terry Prattchett and Carrot Top to die before the end of the month, in exchange for my soul.

Feeling a bit jipped now to be honest.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
One time a fly was bugging me and I was all, "by the blood of Christ that binds is all, chill out!" And the fly parked his fly rear end and never moved from the spot until he died two days later. All the other student ministers called me lord of the fly. God and I used to be super tight before I figured out he doesn't exist.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

One time I asked God for a sign, then saw a fireball in the sky like 20 minutes later
cool maybe if you got outside more you'd see the sun more often though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I'll see if it comes true near the end of May.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, but I ignored it. I only asked God because I wanted him to feel as if He was involved. Just one of those compromises you make in any relationship.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006
God saw fit to fit me with a dick.

He is always there for you.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
As a kid, I asked God for a sign and not a second later there was this loud, booming thunder. It was pretty awesome and definitely a highlight of my childhood even though I still don't believe in God (sorry God).

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I asked for a sign in highschool around the time I was opening up to the idea of faith. I was raised without religion and had been atheist for a while.

Anyway I asked for a sign quietly in my little mind while listening to music or osmething between classes. This cute girl stops me and starts witnessing to me and invites me to dinner and church. Coincidence? No way Jose. I went to that stuff and then I spend the next three years of my life hanging out with charismatic and Pentecostal Christians, which was really crazy and insane. Those people are tripping on invisible drugs 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
God doesnt have time for stupid bullshit like proving he exists to little bitches like humans he's too busy having wicked nasty fisting threesomes w shiva and ganesh

• Locked thread