Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Konami fired Kojima because he was in the way of having Metal gear solid become a yearly release dispoable game much like Call of Duty, Madden, and AssCreed.

You were a good series Metal gear but instead of dying with Dignity you shall be dragged through the streets and whored out to Necromancers because Konami is too dumb to make another Suikoden. Metal Gear Solid 5 is truely the last Official and blessed Metal gear, all others shall be regarded with the same disdain as the Simpson Seasons that came after Season 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--JS16uSV8

Heroes may never die because they can be kept alive with nano machines which are living in a severed arm attached to a psychopath, but without a soul they are but empty shells of men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
taint reaped again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
rest in poo poo terrible game series

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

As long as the butts look better than last year's game, count me in.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Eonwe posted:

rest in poo poo terrible game series

meet me on top of metal gear rex in 5 minutes for an rear end kicking :argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

The Taint Reaper posted:

Konami fired Kojima because he was in the way of having Metal gear solid become a yearly release dispoable game much like Call of Duty, Madden, and AssCreed.
I'm behind on my videogames news so I'll just ask if this is real before I let the thread descend into anarchy.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pierson posted:

I'm behind on my videogames news so I'll just ask if this is real before I let the thread descend into anarchy.

All we know for 100% sure is that Konami announced that Kojima is leaving the company effective April 1, but Kojima is still in charge of MGSV until it releases. It's likely not an amiable separation, because Konami is removing the Kojima Productions logo and Kojima's name from all MGSV promotional materials. Also Konami announced that they're hiring for the development team of the next Metal Gear game (presumably without Kojima).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

kojima wanted mgs to end after 4

konami wanted more

so he made more. they wouldn't give him the funding to do, like, zone of the enders or the secret snatcher hentai game he always wanted to make, they'd only get out of bed for MGS. so he kept at it because at least he had the creative freedom to do what he wanted.

however, he *really* wanted mgs to end after 5. konami wanted more. so he quit. so konami went 'you can't quit... because we just fired you!!! :owned: but uh, please finish MGS5'

that said 'yearly release disposable game' is an obvious taint reaper-ism

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Harrow posted:

All we know for 100% sure is that Konami announced that Kojima is leaving the company effective April 1, but Kojima is still in charge of MGSV until it releases. It's likely not an amiable separation, because Konami is removing the Kojima Productions logo and Kojima's name from all MGSV promotional materials. Also Konami announced that they're hiring for the development team of the next Metal Gear game (presumably without Kojima).

April First? It's just April Fool's viral marketing for Metal Gear 1, 2, and MGS1 being remade into one mega huge game of Phantom Pain's depth with Hayter returning.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pierson posted:

Kojima definitely got fired, but nobody knows why yet, as far as I know. The "Konami wanted him to keep going, he got fed up and quit" story seems plausible but they might have just shitcanned him because they're getting out of game development; MGS and Pro Evolution Soccer are like the only two series they're still actively developing, PES may not be jumping to the next generation, and this is most likely the last MGS game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

konami's stock prices are falling a little

it's probably unrelated but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
KONAMI has already resolved to develop new "METAL GEAR".

• Locked thread