Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Arian_Samurai posted:

He's Canadian, so isn't this just an incredible waste of time and money?

Seems pretty cut and dry!

I want more birth certificate drama, that poo poo is entertaining. Like how McCain wasn't even born in America and it didn't even factor in to the Obama birth certificate insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure people with LEGO heads can't be president, hth

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
hideously malformed jowls are the hallmark of a conservative hero.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Arian_Samurai posted:

He's Canadian, so isn't this just an incredible waste of time and money?

His mother is American.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

is the essence of america matrilineal

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

texaholic posted:

Rick Perry would probably do great things for the economy

Is Hilary really a shoe-in? Not for the nomination - that part's obvious - but for winning the election? Has everyone involved in running her party been murdered and replaced with someone competent?

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Pawn 17 posted:

Good ol' US of A, where a man too stupid to competently perform any job other than professional ignorant loudmouth can be in serious contention for president. :911:

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Yaos posted:

We need to start a Twitter hashtag telling Ted Cruz to show us his long form birth certificate. Maybe #tedcruzcanadian.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Scalding Coffee posted:

You don't understand school credit.

idk what that has to do with anything but i am still on an lol spree

quote:

I strongly object to Senator Cruz's choice of venue for the announcement of his 2016 presidential bid: as is well-known by Liberty University students but considerably less well-known by the general public, all students are required to attend convocation every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sen. Cruz is a friend of the Liberty University administration and has spoken at convocation in the past. As such, he knows that all students are required to be in attendance. I bear no ill will toward Sen. Cruz, but his choice to announce his 2016 presidential bid at convocation at Liberty University is a starkly deceptive one. Should the general public be unaware that all students are required to attend convocation, it would seem to the average viewer (as this will be televised and is already being widely publicized) that 10,000 supporters came to Liberty University to hear Sen. Cruz's announcement. However, every student in attendance has no say in the matter. Students will either attend convocation and lend to the illusion of widespread support for Sen. Cruz, or they will be subject to administrative punishment--specifically, four reprimands and a $10 fine--if they are absent. While Sen. Cruz has every right to run for president and to announce his candidacy, it is a highly deceptive, albeit politically savvy, move on Sen. Cruz's part to make his big announcement here. I do not support this action, and I am not alone in my belief that such deception is wrong.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-03-23/ted-cruz-has-skeptics-at-liberty-and-they-use-yik-yak

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cruz/Palin 2016

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
at least he's anti-KKK, gun legislation, and common core..? let's be optimists

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
favorite thing about this is how like every media organization is going all like "I wonder what the strategic merits of announcing his candidacy so early are?!??!" as if this wasn't just another incident in a long line of attention-whoring antics

do not take this man seriously, obviously

like pretty much every other GOP "potential candidate" , especially at this point

hell, the "ohhh boy you know what guys Rick Santorum could be a good candidate!" bullshit dance extended into almost the end of the actual GOP primaries last time

Just enjoy the show, folks

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
i hope vermin supreme is elected

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Running for president is a good idea since you get access to a ton of campaign money and can sell a book later.

Crossing the Line - by Ted Cruz

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Horrible posted:

Is Hilary really a shoe-in? Not for the nomination - that part's obvious - but for winning the election? Has everyone involved in running her party been murdered and replaced with someone competent?

Like half of America has been waiting to vote against Hillary since the 90s so I think it's really big of her to finally give em the chance

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao some Liberty students are A-OK

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the republican primaries are a lot more enjoyable if u view them as a slapstick routine instead of a process designed to discover the best potential leader of the free world from the american right. the 2012 primaries were one of the most unintentionally hjlarious trhings to have ever happened to this country and im glad it happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i think all political endorsements should be accompanoied by songs that could be blared by the PA at madison square garden as an 80 year old hulk hogan runss towards the royal rumble, qtiyd

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I would vote Herman Cain for president, unironically. Unironically I would really vote for him but the vote itself would contain high degrees of irony

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
i too vote ironically for the next world leader

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao some Liberty students are A-OK

That last kid fuckin owns

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Like half of America has been waiting to vote against Hillary since the 90s so I think it's really big of her to finally give em the chance

I think Rush Limbaugh could fill every second of airtime between now and election day with his favorite Hillary slams from the past couple decades. She's the ultimate "well the other guys are technically worse" candidate. Case in point, have you heard about this fella Theodore Cruz? He's got some very outlandish views!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Is hilary even that good of an idea? At least with Barack the islamic shock people legitimately believed he was a leftist who wanted to change things, the minority vote didn't hurt but he also got the usually politically inactive youth to vote as well as appealing to left leaning people in general. Hilary otoh is someone absolutely no one on the left seems thrilled about and while I'm sure being potentially the first woman president will pull in some votes I don't think it will have nearly the impact that potentially the first black president had because there's a lot of conservative women out there that absolutely hate liberal women and everything they stand for with a passion.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

In his office.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Ted Cruz doesn't have a realistic shot at the presidency, but he does gain things by running: locking down or locking out campaign contributions, parlaying an endorsement deal, getting a boost to name recognition for another go 'round, or some choice senate committee or cabinet post; and maybe tv deals, books, speaking engagements, etc.

I've maintained he's a dangerous sociopath for a long time now, and I don't see this as anything other than self-serving.

Maybe he knows it too. The GOP already has a pretty crowded field of horror: Jindal, Paul, Ryan, Rubio, Bush, Perry, whoever else; and that seems pretty de rigueur, parade the clowns and watch them embarrass themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irx_QXsJiao

I guess I'm having a hard time taking this seriously.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

i hope ted cruz wins and ushers in a thousand years of darkness

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
If given a choice between Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz I'm going with suicide

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

ArbitraryC posted:

Is hilary even that good of an idea? At least with Barack the islamic shock people legitimately believed he was a leftist who wanted to change things, the minority vote didn't hurt but he also got the usually politically inactive youth to vote as well as appealing to left leaning people in general. Hilary otoh is someone absolutely no one on the left seems thrilled about and while I'm sure being potentially the first woman president will pull in some votes I don't think it will have nearly the impact that potentially the first black president had because there's a lot of conservative women out there that absolutely hate liberal women and everything they stand for with a passion.

gently caress yeah, we'll have another 4 years of Bill Clinton in the White House and this time he doesn't have to do anything. The west wing will be converted into a 24/7 party zone.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

lol

quote:

My friend [redacted] went to Harvard Law with Ted. [He] says that Ted shocked people when during the first week, he announced that he was creating a study group and only people with high GPAs from the Big Three Ivies could apply for admission. In short, Ted managed to come off as a pompous rear end in a top hat at Harvard Law.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/me-ted

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I welcome our new Mexican Overlord, here's to the incoming 8 years of prosperity.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
republicans should just nominate m. lewinsky just to piss hilary off tbh

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People

ArbitraryC posted:

Nah, Hilary has a lot more support than you'd think, and its not conservative women they're gunning for, its independent and even moderately conservative women who will vote for Hillary. This will especially be the case if we have a bunch of Republican men talk about rape and womens bodies rejecting rape fetuses naturally and non-sense like birth control. If Democrats can frame this election on womens issues they'll easily win.

Mr. Horrible posted:

The Democrats have a great national election machine going right now, far better than the Republicans. If they can just get people out to vote, which is why they got their asses kicked in midterms, because no one votes in midterms, they'll easily win the presidency. Either way we'll know who's going to win with almost absolute certainty like 5-6 months before the election.

Honestly the only real threat to Hillary the Republicans can muster is Nikki Haley. A minority woman and a tea party favorite. Thankfully the current Republican powers that be are far too stupid to get her to run.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

the reason why your vote doesnt matter has a lot more to do with the two party system, financing, lobbying, and massive economic interests. the electoral college came up once in 2000 and while it was important that was a fluke

This sounds reasonable.

Still, I wish someone would punch Ted Cruz in the face. With a wet used diapper.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

YouARETRIGGERINGMEEEE

fake edit: *SLAPS*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I voted James Harris in 00 and 04; was one of two people in my county to vote for him the first time, I think it nearly got to double digits in 04. Not sure who I'll vote for this time, I like the cut of Vermin Supremes jib though.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Stefan Prodan posted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/yes-ted-cruz-can-be-born-in-canada-and-still-become-president-of-the-us/275469/

It clips the URL so I'll post the title here:

"Yes, Ted Cruz Can Be Born in Canada and Still Become President of the U.S."

Ahaha how is this a thing that is solved before a republican even blinks but obama has to deal with years and years of challenges to his legitimacy even though his mom was definitely an american. I mean i know the answer is because he's black but it is just loving ridiculous.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Melchior posted:

Im more nervous that scott walker, professional moustache twirler, will get the office instead. he will rule the usa from a secret lair in a volcano

He only has his governorship to run on, and he's bankrupted Wisconsin pretty hard while making promises of a quarter of a million jobs. Wisconsin sits at like #45 for jobs created.

He's been a total failure, and it'll wipe him from the record. The only thing going for him in red states is that he hates unions.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Anyone wanna guess what kind of bullshit speech ted cruz will make when he drops out of the race halfway through the primaries? probably something like "We accomplished everything we said we would!" or "Our campaign was a wake up call to America!!!"

EngineerSean posted:

Ahaha how is this a thing that is solved before a republican even blinks but obama has to deal with years and years of challenges to his legitimacy even though his mom was definitely an american. I mean i know the answer is because he's black but it is just loving ridiculous.

There are still people out there who think there's some magic bullet out there that will make Obama go "Oh yeah, I'm not a US citizen. I quit!"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

The Democrats have a great national election machine going right now, far better than the Republicans. If they can just get people out to vote, which is why they got their asses kicked in midterms, because no one votes in midterms, they'll easily win the presidency. Either way we'll know who's going to win with almost absolute certainty like 5-6 months before the election.
The presidential election between midterms also got the Democrat's asses handed to them despite Obama getting reelected by those same voters. The next election is another presidential election and everyone (minus the left) is going out to vote. I want to see the Progressives bring up voter IDs that they railed against, to get mandatory voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hillary will win on the female vote alone.

Wymen will rule the world.

• Locked thread