Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Rapner posted:

I'm keen

I think I remember you being RapnerSA, I hope so anyway because I added you (or whoever RapnerSA is) as a friend and sent you a PM about guild stuff. My username is Rakuen31.

If anyone else wants to add me as a friend please do so, I’m active daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Noobles posted:

I think I remember you being RapnerSA, I hope so anyway because I added you (or whoever RapnerSA is) as a friend and sent you a PM about guild stuff. My username is Rakuen31.

If anyone else wants to add me as a friend please do so, I’m active daily.

Got that, Cheers. Will sort out the guild stuff soon, have been off on a very long weekend with kids

Rapner
May 7, 2013

If anyone is interested in playing again, the game is a lot more fun than it used to be.

Farming is way more automated, you can queue up to 30 runs now in dungeons and scenarios.
Toa is automated as well, as long as you've cleared it before.
Guild events are on a rotation (with tartarus running all the time) which makes them less overwhelming.
Lots of 2nd awakening units that are easy to get and build teams around.
Also they're arguably being even more generous with giving stuff away.

I'm enjoying it enough I bought a second account with an OP LD nat5 to mess about with.

Edit: Also please join our guild as we could use more people!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'll jump in, I just started playing again but have to wait 12 hours to join. Lol, lmao.

E: pathasc#vj4

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 5, 2024

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

PathAsc posted:

I'll jump in, I just started playing again but have to wait 12 hours to join. Lol, lmao.

E: pathasc#vj4

I just shot you an invite for whenever the timeout is up.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Noobles posted:

I just shot you an invite for whenever the timeout is up.

Got it, thanks!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'll join when this account is a little further along. I made a reroll on Jan 1. I really like that BJ5 and Tricaru are dead - I don't like building more than one of a monster.

Why the hell can't I change the order of my monsters in the list, it's been 10 years!

Lots of other good changes but I'm not sure that any of them would bring someone back, if they've already decided SW isn't for them.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'll join when this account is a little further along. I made a reroll on Jan 1. I really like that BJ5 and Tricaru are dead - I don't like building more than one of a monster.

Why the hell can't I change the order of my monsters in the list, it's been 10 years!

Lots of other good changes but I'm not sure that any of them would bring someone back, if they've already decided SW isn't for them.

We’re not extremely competitive, there’s a lot of members who haven’t been active in 1+ years and we’re trying to change that, any help we can get would be awesome. Let me know your name in game and I can shoot you an invite!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

My month old alt account is doing well in the guild, I'd not worry about growing the account before you join

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Okay I'm Prozac/Efron. Idk if there's still a 12h cooldown but I only just now dropped the pub guild.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

Okay I'm Prozac/Efron. Idk if there's still a 12h cooldown but I only just now dropped the pub guild.

Pretty sure the 12 hour cooldown is still in place but I’ll clear out some slots and send invites!

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Is it a horrible idea to start this game now

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

It's faster than ever to catch up. Just don't spend money and see if you have fun, imo

Rapner
May 7, 2013

sailormoon posted:

Is it a horrible idea to start this game now

I started a new account a month or two ago, and it's kicking rear end. It's not too far behind me 10yo account really

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

They give you so much help now if you start a new account, it’s pretty quick to get caught up with everything.

Jaff
Aug 25, 2004

Decided to dust of my old account and see what's going on in this game nowadays, may as well join up with the guild and help out a bit while I am playing. I've got a decent account but also have totally forgotten what the heck I'm doing in this game so no promises that I will actually be helpful.

My account is Gaef47 on global if you wouldn't mind tossing a guild invite my way.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Jaff posted:

Decided to dust of my old account and see what's going on in this game nowadays, may as well join up with the guild and help out a bit while I am playing. I've got a decent account but also have totally forgotten what the heck I'm doing in this game so no promises that I will actually be helpful.

My account is Gaef47 on global if you wouldn't mind tossing a guild invite my way.

Just sent you an invite, username is Rakuen31

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Rapner posted:

If anyone is interested in playing again, the game is a lot more fun than it used to be.

Farming is way more automated, you can queue up to 30 runs now in dungeons and scenarios.
Toa is automated as well, as long as you've cleared it before.
Guild events are on a rotation (with tartarus running all the time) which makes them less overwhelming.
Lots of 2nd awakening units that are easy to get and build teams around.
Also they're arguably being even more generous with giving stuff away.

I'm enjoying it enough I bought a second account with an OP LD nat5 to mess about with.

Edit: Also please join our guild as we could use more people!
That is good to hear; I started playing Raid mostly because of the QOL improvements. Does it have automatic (ie "keep trying to upgrade until this rank) rune upgrading? Have they improved rune management/filtering/etc?

I was subscribed to a guy's Patreon so I could use Summoners War rune exporter/optimizer and burned out after removing all of my runes during a free removal so getting back into SW would require significant effort and probably paying that guy a few bucks.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

That is good to hear; I started playing Raid mostly because of the QOL improvements. Does it have automatic (ie "keep trying to upgrade until this rank) rune upgrading? Have they improved rune management/filtering/etc?

I was subscribed to a guy's Patreon so I could use Summoners War rune exporter/optimizer and burned out after removing all of my runes during a free removal so getting back into SW would require significant effort and probably paying that guy a few bucks.

Even better, you now just say 'upgrade to 15' and it does it immediately, for a fixed price

Yeah I burn out from FRR too. I need to find someone to do it for me

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

What happened to bjr5? Last time I played I was really close to having a consistent solo r5 team with bjr as one of my teams. I decided to check back in on the game since I'm playing some other gacha games too and whatever update they did let me max out my speed, crit dmg, and attack towers which pushed my r5 team over the edge to get like 99% win rate. Also feels bad that I put a bunch of investment into getting tricaru running since it looks like i cant use them in the new cairos floors. I might make a new account, I did pull an ld 5 on my account but it doesn't seem to be very good - its eleanor the light unicorn

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

BJ5 is dead because they nerfed raid difficulty so now you can build three teams pretty easily and just raid by yourself. You can still BJ5, but most people just grind raids solo now.

New accounts can have a (slow) GBAH (max difficulty) team going in a couple of days, depending on how much you want to play. My runs started at about 3:30 average. Once a week, I'd rerune the team with my best stuff I'd found and by the end of three weeks my average was 2m runs farming endgame runes. Still slow compared to established accounts, but pretty crazy when you think about how long it took to do stuff ten years ago.

I don't know how fast I would have progressed if I didn't WFH and had giants running constantly

I burned out again but I know I'll come back. I always do

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
I just picked up the game again after a long time and left my (more or less defunct) guild. Can You send me a guild invite? I’m FartenBarfen2 in the game

Edit: I don’t think I’ll be able to join for 12hrs

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Farten Barfen posted:

I just picked up the game again after a long time and left my (more or less defunct) guild. Can You send me a guild invite? I’m FartenBarfen2 in the game

Edit: I don’t think I’ll be able to join for 12hrs

Just sent you an invite, username is Rakuen31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Thanks!