Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Modable Cims and Cars are coming eventually. Apparently there are already UI elements for them in the game files. As for the Cims and skintone, I want to charitably assume it was just oversight, but even that is kinda lousy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I found one black guy. He does a layup over a white guy on the bball court

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Are there any ploppable buildings that provide a lot of jobs? It's a bit poo poo that you need two fully leveled office buildings to supply jobs for one residential building of the same size.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

simosimo posted:

Doner kebab meat, a new demand for your cims.

Those white fences are too neat, there needs to be that diamond fencing with messy, rusted barb wire on top.

Edit: holy poo poo

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 30, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Top Hats Monthly posted:

There are also black cops.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Hoping pretty hard for some sort of mod that adds advanced green lights, either just in general or for left-turners only. All them roundabouts wouldn't be so important if left-turners didn't straight up block the whole intersection and then get stuck in it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I really want slip lanes or the ability to end an onramp or one-way-road with left (right for Americans/Euros) turn only.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I bet you like brutalism lol

What's not to love about brutalism?

Roy fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 30, 2015

Subyng
May 4, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I really want slip lanes or the ability to end an onramp or one-way-road with left (right for Americans/Euros) turn only.

MikeJF posted:

There's a mod that can let you do that. Check out the lane changer no left/right turn mod on workshop.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is there a mod out there that makes you start with more cash? I don't want to just tick on infinite money because part of the fun of the game is building up a giant stockpile of money which you can then bathe in, but I feel like you start with TOO little to do anything fun and interesting from the get-go.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CJacobs posted:

Is there a mod out there that makes you start with more cash? I don't want to just tick on infinite money because part of the fun of the game is building up a giant stockpile of money which you can then bathe in, but I feel like you start with TOO little to do anything fun and interesting from the get-go.

If you aren't against unlocking milestones, the various milestone unlocking mods give you money.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Roy posted:

Where is this?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Well duh, White Men Can't Jump.

Also, holy poo poo, multiplayer Cities: Skylines!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sIVRsWZC9o

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Roy posted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"So beautiful in its presentation and architectural style, truly a marvel of an era it was born in where it did not belong but now its composition truly shines" - a tasteless moron

The "pyf building fails" thread over in GBS turned into a bunch of goons wanking about brutalism as architecture related threads always do and I wish all of them would just go sit in a brutalist building until the concrete shattered from old age and fell down on their dumb tacky heads.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Yaos posted:

The Cims Online

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

CJacobs posted:

"So beautiful in its presentation and architectural style, truly a marvel of an era it was born in where it did not belong but now its composition truly shines" - a tasteless moron

The "pyf building fails" thread over in GBS turned into a bunch of goons wanking about brutalism as architecture related threads always do and I wish all of them would just go sit in a brutalist building until the concrete shattered from old age and fell down on their dumb tacky heads.

You sure have strong opinions re: architecture. :yikes:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not really, I just don't like buildings that look like poo poo

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Yaos posted:

Okay, now imagine multiplayer games where people work together to build cities but they each have their 'own' districts that they are trying to improve at the expense of others. So you might want to build a highway through town to improve traffic flow but you sure as hell don't want it going right through your backyard.

And then everybody can argue about re-districting every once in a while when the town grows. Imagine the gerrymandering!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

You(r buildings) Look Like poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Takanago posted:

Okay, now imagine multiplayer games where people work together to build cities but they each have their 'own' districts that they are trying to improve at the expense of others. So you might want to build a highway through town to improve traffic flow but you sure as hell don't want it going right through your backyard.

And then everybody can argue about re-districting every once in a while when the town grows. Imagine the gerrymandering!

Sounds pretty similar to SC2K multiplayer, which was about as entertaining as you described.

I'm not sure Cities Skylines is the game for regional play, which is something I've always wanted to do real time since doing SC4 multiplayer with save file exchanges. CS plays pretty fast and loose with resources so I'm not sure any real exchange between cities could work sensibly. But if they tightened that up a bit I think it could be pretty fun.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Roy posted:

Haha, it has a Burger King.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's got much too much personality and colour and decoration to be properly brutalist.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
it would be cool if each person starts off with a square and then people can buy more squares and expand. Maybe one player can be in charge of the whole county or state or whatever. That person chooses where to send highways and in what city to put county buildings or whatever.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Not really, I just don't like buildings that look like poo poo

well i think its a good thing, that brutalist buildings do not look like poo poo, and in fact look good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've lived for a time in a brutalist post soviet apartment bloc.

You don't like it if you're in it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man I downloaded a bunch of buildings that looked good in the little workshop preview screenshots but in the game they looked like google maps 3d buildings. The textures were like super low resolution photos or something :(
Also 90% of the stuff you find when you search "buildings" are just re-colours and re-props and poo poo like that. I wish there was some sort of actual "original content" filter.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

it would be cool if each person starts off with a square and then people can buy more squares and expand. Maybe one player can be in charge of the whole county or state or whatever. That person chooses where to send highways and in what city to put county buildings or whatever.

Why can't we do this now with a shared savefile?? GOONTOPIA

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The workshop really needs a curator of some sort to categorize all that poo poo because mod makers are incapable of uploading responsibly. I'm fine if there's ten thousand palette swaps for stock buildings but I agree 100% they need to be stuffed in their own bin so I can ignore them with a single click.

It's complete anarchy right now (and not just for C:S, all Steam workshops are like this) and the Steam interface does zero favors for making it manageable.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Yes it is quite difficult to discern between stock buildings and brand new ones. Although it is still preferable to the dependency hell and the crawling download speeds of Simtropolis (really anything is though).

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Has anyone else had a corrupt savegame? I'm trying to figure out if I should bother trying to fix it or just start a new one. Not sure what happened, except that I got a null reference exception (whatever that means).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got a corrupt custom map I was working on once, it flashed some scary error while trying to save and created a crash save with a long hex string for a file name.

Can't load it, will eventually have to go find it on my hard drive and delete it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I never used to have this problem but after going mod crazy I sometimes have a situation where vehicles vanish or flicker. Sometimes it will stay like that until I build something or just give it enough time, but it seems to actually result in vehicles vanishing and traffic being fucky.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Baronjutter posted:

90% of the stuff you find when you search "buildings" are just re-colours and re-props and poo poo like that. I wish there was some sort of actual "original content" filter.

They seemed good at first when the mods were a lot more scarce, but now that there's lots of unique new buildings on the workshop there's no point in downloading DPwhatever's 1000 re-props of houses or that one guy's tacky recolours of existing buildings.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Baronjutter posted:

I never used to have this problem but after going mod crazy I sometimes have a situation where vehicles vanish or flicker. Sometimes it will stay like that until I build something or just give it enough time, but it seems to actually result in vehicles vanishing and traffic being fucky.

Traffic++ does this. The guy just couldn't just make a simple mod and leave it alone.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

While driving home this evening, I wondered what form the models for XCOM were in and if they could be modified for Cities: Skylines building models.

Maybe I just want to see the Skyranger fly over my town.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

Man I downloaded a bunch of buildings that looked good in the little workshop preview screenshots but in the game they looked like google maps 3d buildings. The textures were like super low resolution photos or something :(

Is something forcing you onto the LoD models? Are you running the Isometric mod or something?

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Has anyone had problems with crashing surface recently? I'm guessing it's a mod that I have installed, but I haven't gone through the motions of establishing which one it is yet. I can't play more than an hour or two without crashing to desktop now and short of going through and disabling mods one at a time until I find the culprit I don't know what else to do. Here's my mod list if anyone has any insight:

Currently Enabled:
Automatic Bulldoze
Extended Building Information
City Vitals Watch
Automatic Emptying
Randomized Building Names
Some Roads
AutoSave - 10 Minute Interval
FindIt: CTRL-F to find any named citizen, house, car, seagull & more
Public Transport Capacity (Outdated)
Extended Public Transport UI
ChirpFilter
Chirpy Banner
Toggle Traffic Lights
Persistent Resource View
PopBalanceMod
Auto Line Color
Ground Level Camera - Keymapping!
Full Refund From Roads
Mod Achievement Enabler
Tree Brush
12/24 Hour Clock
City Statistics Easy Access
Traffic Report Tool 1.4
NoPillars
Reddit for Chirpy
All Spaces Unlockable

Currently Disabled:
Lane Changer - No Left/Right Turn
Traffic++ (Zonable Pedestrian Paths)

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

is there a mod that removes the teleportation mechanics ? I want traffic hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Sylink posted:

is there a mod that removes the teleportation mechanics ? I want traffic hell.

Install the mod that gives buildings more reasonable household capacities, watch as the horde of Cims clog every artery your city has.

• Locked thread