Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll try this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

All right let's get this party started. HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor or is it the usual day one shenanigans. I'm not voting even in jest as in a 7 player game I don't wanna taunt the hammer :)

Wall monitor is confirmed scum, IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Scum should claim imo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If the scum claim we can all win on color, do it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Wait, what? How does that work? Aren't the scum different colors? And how could we all win? I'm very confused by this whole role/alignment thing. I thought it was like fire/ice mafia.

There are four set ups and doing some logic if the scum come forward today we can get a whacky arangement where everybody wins. Trust me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HiipFire posted:

lmao there's no way we all can win, how the gently caress did you even get that idea

Alright, there are some cases where not everybody can win, fine! In that case one scum loses.

So if you're one a two color scum team bus yer buddy!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Guys I am the hidden orcale the scum are on different teams, I will make sure the first scum to claim wins on color.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Good idea, Yes scum, please claim so we can make this game easier.

I'm serious, we can just arrange it so that the only loser is one scum (whoever claims last).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HiipFire posted:

you know keane, if you're not gonna explain your logic its gonna make it hard for me to not think you're just making up poo poo to seem towny

We kill one scum and arrange the kills/votes so it resolves in lylo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Six people have posted so far, so one of you is scum.

Cone on, we can tear this game open!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Just do it! Because if you don't and we get you, we can just sac you and have everybody else win. Scum claims after the other is voted off, everybody wins but the voted scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Your scum buddy is not your friend, also a scum claim on day one would be hilarious!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Did you make a decision, HiipFire?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look I can't reveal specifics because well that puts me at too much of a risk, but I know my color and I can work out the rest from there.

All we need is a scum claim.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Anyways, doesn't this only work out if everyone in town claims their color, too?

Yeah, that would be a needed step, but once we have the scum out there, then we can move on to step two.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't know about you, but if a scum claims, I'm just going to go ahead and vote them.

Good thing you need a majority, then.

CPig is on board. If you are town I am offering a guaranteed victory, if you are scum and claim now you can also win.

We just need to satisfy both conditions at once, it can be worked out mathematically with the tools at our disposal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Good thing 2 players still isn't a majority!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Three still isn't a majority!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Neither is "CCKeane". :smugbert:

By mass I am *eats entire pizza*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway, since my spot got blown up, I'm not an oracle I was just trying to get scum to scum claim day one so we could ride that out.

But hey everybody insisting that heyd just vote scum anyway is making posts that literally only help scum so let's look there for the scum!

I would buy PM or Kleedrac being scum, weeeee

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?

Yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Wait, so you fakeclaim day 1 and try to set up one of the worst gambits ever?! gently caress you Keane
##Vote CCKeane

Hey I though we weren't voting fast off the bat, what changed man.

What changed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?

The people actively trying to prevent scum from claiming look scummy yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

All right let's get this party started. HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor or is it the usual day one shenanigans. I'm not voting even in jest as in a 7 player game I don't wanna taunt the hammer :)

Kleedrac why are you taunting the hammer?

What did the hammer ever do to you?!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PM Kleedrac scum team, ship it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Compare PM and Kleedrac's reaction to CPig's. CPig advocated for scum to claim and didn't blow the roll until later (which he blew for no reason).

They're also both voting me now, Kleedrac vote being directly opposed to how he said his play would be before.

I'm feeling town on CPig and Hiipfire, both seemed to have fairly town reactions to the whole thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

What changed was that you did something extremely scummy - I shall explain;

There are 4 setups possible in this game, Configurations A and B involve a scumteam with the same color alignment and a lack of the Oracle. Configurations C and D have scum teams with opposing colors but the town gains an oracle. I stand by what I said earlier;

The only way someone could claim this power role day 1 safely is if they know the role is theirs or not in the game. If you are scum - and you have discussed with your scummate your colors - and they matched; you would know for a fact there is no Oracle and it becomes a safe claim. I think you did know it was a safe claim and for the latter reason. You sir, are scum!

Haha nope you big silly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Care to elaborate or you're hoping that by saying I'm wrong you'll look less scummy?

There probably is a town oracle abd they just kept quiet!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oracle will flip vanilla town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually this is a pretty solid point.

No it isn't, there is literally no reason for scum to do that.

Also, I am on PM and Kleedrac because their actions do not make sense for somebody who was looking to kill scum.

Like, for real, give me one way their posts of "I am town and I am not going to do that" helps kill scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Missed the bit about Oracles and their flip.

Either way, we haven't had one claim and it's not as if there's any danger.

I'm more amused at PM's insinuation that trying to solve the game is a scum thing to do.

It is because PM is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I want MORE POSTING from everybody *swings a cutlass around*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Hello this is a scummy post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I asked for a color. He gave me color and role, likely in an attempt to seem more personable and reasonable to the rest of the game. Sort of like Billy Mays, minus the cocaine and yelling.

Betrayer are you scum I must know. You know you owe me two boons.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I believe Kleedrac is scum~~~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SORRY I DON'T TALK TO SCUM MY MOM WON'T LET ME

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Kleedrac

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

This is the start of Kleedrac's scumminess. This is a "I am a helpful townie post!" that means nothing, especially since the vote in question was against the mod of the game. Kleedrac wasn't paying attention but wanted to jump in with a safe two cents.

Kleedrac posted:

This. [Edit for context: "If scum claim I will vote for them"]

This is a VERY SCUMMY MOVE because it is a post that literally only benefits scum. Town would play it like CPig or Hiipfire did - confused or seeing an opening an agree. By discouraging the scum from claiming town would be actively working against their win condition.

Kleedrac posted:

What changed was that you did something extremely scummy - I shall explain;

There are 4 setups possible in this game, Configurations A and B involve a scumteam with the same color alignment and a lack of the Oracle. Configurations C and D have scum teams with opposing colors but the town gains an oracle. I stand by what I said earlier;

The only way someone could claim this power role day 1 safely is if they know the role is theirs or not in the game. If you are scum - and you have discussed with your scummate your colors - and they matched; you would know for a fact there is no Oracle and it becomes a safe claim. I think you did know it was a safe claim and for the latter reason. You sir, are scum!

This is a nonsense post that is made because he is angry I fingered him. He quick voted after saying he wouldn't and comes in with a transparently flawed case (Assuming scum would discuss color in a game where color matters a great deal). This is a OMGUS case.

Kleedrac posted:

This doesn't seem like a great proposition for any Vanilla Townies. Though it's also that I've been burned before by trying to solve setups. I wouldn't mind seeing more people weigh in on CCKeane. The fact that all 7 of us have checked in now means either there is no Oracle to counter-claim or the Oracle wishes to remain silent. Either way such a big splashy play seems more scummy to me than anything, but I'd like to get more opinions.

Again, this is a "helpful townie" post that is made in the absence of other meaningful posts (save for his "case" on me). He is also very concerned about figuring out if their is an oracle. PROBABLY BECAUSE HE'S WORRIED ABOUT HIS SCUM BUDDY OH NO!!!

And, finally:

Kleedrac posted:

And why am I scum?

Kleedrac is scum because he is trying to attack arguments, not facts. This is a scummy behavior.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Jesus Christ, Keane, if I wasn't already sure you were scum, I most certainly am now. I don't know that you and MEDS would both use the "use setup speculation to get people to tip their hands" strategy, but individually, both of you are really loving scummy.

Please tell me how my setup spec would benefit scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

1) I had barely rolled out of bed and hadn't processed enough caffeine - you're an idiot

2) I disagree - your gambit was retarded and saying "I will vote for scum" is somehow scummy?! Dream on man.

3) The vote was perhaps an OMGUS but my case was solid - it's not unreasonable to think the scumteam who have the advantage of out-of-thread communication would still find that a better method of victory than the color gimmick.

4) Perhaps I'm helpful to the townies because I'm town :P I am concerned if there's an oracle in fact - though that is more due to me trying to figure out which setup out of curiosity - and the oracle gets color info not alignment info so I'm not sure why a scumteam would care.

5) That post was asking for the post I'm currently responding to - you basically spent too long railing me with nothing but blind accusations and no case - at least now you've rectified that though your case is weak.

I regret taking my vote off of you - I'm going to rectify that now as you're definitely scum - no town in a 7 player game would rail and flail like this

##Vote CCKeane

Yes, a good vote...FOR SCUM TO MAKE.

• Locked thread