Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think I can keep up with a seven player game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

All right let's get this party started. HiipFire do you have even a joking case against wall monitor or is it the usual day one shenanigans. I'm not voting even in jest as in a 7 player game I don't wanna taunt the hammer :)
How dare you think about this game! ##vote Kleedrac

No, but seriously, we should probably be careful around jokephase. Even two votes puts someone at -2 and in range of hammering.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

If the scum claim we can all win on color, do it.
Wait, what? How does that work? Aren't the scum different colors? And how could we all win? I'm very confused by this whole role/alignment thing. I thought it was like fire/ice mafia.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Now, I mean, it'd be hilarious if the scum claimed in the middle of D1, but I don't think that's going to happen?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anyways, doesn't this only work out if everyone in town claims their color, too?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, that would be a needed step, but once we have the scum out there, then we can move on to step two.
I don't know about you, but if a scum claims, I'm just going to go ahead and vote them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Three still isn't a majority!
Neither is "CCKeane". :smugbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Anyway, since my spot got blown up, I'm not an oracle I was just trying to get scum to scum claim day one so we could ride that out.

But hey everybody insisting that heyd just vote scum anyway is making posts that literally only help scum so let's look there for the scum!

I would buy PM or Kleedrac being scum, weeeee
I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, just making sure. ##vote CCKeane

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kleedrac posted:

What changed was that you did something extremely scummy - I shall explain;

There are 4 setups possible in this game, Configurations A and B involve a scumteam with the same color alignment and a lack of the Oracle. Configurations C and D have scum teams with opposing colors but the town gains an oracle. I stand by what I said earlier;

The only way someone could claim this power role day 1 safely is if they know the role is theirs or not in the game. If you are scum - and you have discussed with your scummate your colors - and they matched; you would know for a fact there is no Oracle and it becomes a safe claim. I think you did know it was a safe claim and for the latter reason. You sir, are scum!
poo poo, I didn't think about that!

Hahaha, wow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Actually, scratch that. Barring an Oracle flip, I have a better idea.

Everyone discloses the one setup it can't be.
The only people who would know what setup it isn't are scum and PRs. The fact that you didn't recognize that makes me think that you do have an idea of what set-up it isn't.

##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

Because you're scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You're an idiot.
It's a less stupid idea than I thought, but still really stupid.

That plan requires all the vanilla town to claim. Not just a couple, all of them, because you bet your rear end scum aren't going to make it obvious that they're not VT. So we'll get a couple ideas on "hey maybe this person is lying", but in the process, we'll also call out our PR(s?).

It's a decent idea for tomorrow, because if we miss today, we'll be in LYLO. And then we'll have some flips to verify who's telling the truth and who's lying. But for Day 1, that seems like an incredibly bad idea.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Missed the bit about Oracles and their flip.

Either way, we haven't had one claim and it's not as if there's any danger.

I'm more amused at PM's insinuation that trying to solve the game is a scum thing to do.
I don't think you're trying to solve the game, I think you're trying to mislead people into claiming, either for a scum or color victory.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So claim your color.
This is going to bite me in the rear end, I'm sure. I'm Blue Vanilla.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I asked for a color. He gave me color and role, likely in an attempt to seem more personable and reasonable to the rest of the game. Sort of like Billy Mays, minus the cocaine and yelling.
1. That is a hell of a reach.
2. She. :eng101:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

SORRY I DON'T TALK TO SCUM MY MOM WON'T LET ME

CCKeane posted:

##vote Kleedrac
Jesus Christ, Keane, if I wasn't already sure you were scum, I most certainly am now. I don't know that you and MEDS would both use the "use setup speculation to get people to tip their hands" strategy, but individually, both of you are really loving scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

PMush I added you to my buddy list just to see if you were online.

YOU ARE!!!!
Congratulations, you just literally did something old Lumpen used to do.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For your information, I was posting in the Custom MtG Card Contest thread.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Hey PMush can you explain how you think this post helps the town find scum, thanks!
Technically not a question!

I'm naturally suspicious of D1 gambits past jokephase, especially ones that involve fake role claims (that could cause the real role to counterclaim, and thus get killed) or ones that the gambit-er keeps pushing after the gambit fails. And you're doing both of these things right now. So by answering as I honestly feel, I already found a scum.

It's you. You're the scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

You didn't answer my question.

How did you intend your post to help the town find the scum?
Let me rephrase your question.

"Why didn't you lie about your loyalties and priorities when prompted to when someone was trying to buddy up with scum?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Let me rephrase your rephrasing

"Why did you sabotage an attempt to get scum to reveal themselves?"
"Sabotage" implies it was ever going to work in the first place.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

So now not only are you dodging the question, you're half answering the question with a statement that implies that you think I am town, hmmmmm
Fine. Let me spell it out for you.

I didn't answer your gambit the way I wanted because I saw the actual gambit in there. The one where people go along with your stupid little plan, and then suddenly your scumbuddy has a ton of ammunition for calling out people who were 'willing to work together with scum'. That wouldn't have worked, either, but it would have been distracting, and a way for both of you to pad your fake arguments.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just want to be clear here. You're saying that the people who wouldn't cooperate with scum instead of voting them are the suspicious ones?
This was the point where I moved from "maybe I'm not understanding something, or maybe Keane just didn't think this through" to "No, Keane definitely knew what he was doing".

Listen. On the tiny chance that you really are town, I'm sorry that you're salty that I torpedoed your gambit. It was, at best, doomed to fail, and at worst, primed to backfire horribly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

You know I am town, PMush.

I'm going to eat your children, PMush.
Fine. I don't know poo poo. I've been out of seriously playing Mafia for so long that now that I'm back, and dedicated to actually being a contributing player, that I remembered how bad I've always been at scumhunting.

I am going off gut and in-the-moment feelings and reactions because that's all I have. And then I do my best to put logic to those feelings to either justify or dismiss them. Because I don't know how the gently caress else to do any of this. So, fine. If you're actually town, and I've been an aggressive dick to you for no reason, then I apologize.

But until you flip or I die, I'm going to play this to the hilt. It's all I've got.

##vote CCKeane

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: only now that I'm back

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I think we're duelled out at this point. Let's take a step back for a bit so lurkers can't hide.
Fine by me. Being angry at internet party games is loving exhausting, and I have work super early tomorrow.

I still think you and MEDS are the scum right now, and that probably won't change any time soon, but I'm sorry if I called you names. (I honestly don't remember.) I let things get a little away from me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Calling it now, Kleedrac is Blue.
And just why is this so important?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ I'm actually getting voted for calling out a lovely scummy gambit.

When I flip, lynch Keane, for gently caress's sake. He's been hiding behind the smokescreen of playing the color game the whole time. He's scum and he wants us focusing on red versus blue.

If you lynch me, it's LyLo tomorrow. Just remember that when you decide who to vote on day 2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm really loving disappointed in this town for falling for a basic loving scum strategy. You're like dogs who haven't realized the human didn't actually throw the ball.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aww to hell with it.

Kick their asses, MEDS!

##vote Poison Mushroom

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Yay pmush! we did it.

Also yay hiipfire! we did it!
I knew you could do it! :toot:

Edit

Poison Mushroom posted:

He's scum and he wants us focusing on red versus blue.
The best part is, we didn't even actually have anything to do with town getting so caught up in the colors. They did that all on their own.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 31, 2015

• Locked thread