Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Suspicious Dish posted:

I also want to say that having switched from Audacity to Adobe Audition, it's a lot easier and more fun for me to make good-sounding audio. You don't realize how much Audacity sucks until you go to a better program.

Was there an auto-duck feature in the new Audition? I seem to recall older versions didn't have that, or it went by a different name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
There is a multitrack preset that will duck one track based on the audio of another, yes. I've never played around with it myself, but it exists.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.
I added the shortcut keys to the sslp test poster (ctrl- b,i,u,s,q,l).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or baldurk could just continue being awesome as usual.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
All hail Baldurk, King of Let's Play.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

baldurk posted:

That's awesome!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Wugga posted:

Was there an auto-duck feature in the new Audition? I seem to recall older versions didn't have that, or it went by a different name.

You can use a Dynamics Processor with a sidechain. Bus all the vocal tracks into one, then set that as your sidechain.

Adobe has a tutorial here: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/short-and-suite/sidechaining-in-audition-cs6/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

baldurk posted:

:hfive: x 1000

FemmaFetale
Mar 17, 2014
Alright, so it's been a long drat time, but I finally got off my rear end and had another recording session. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out- for a second ever video, I think the audio quality is decent.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix the video problem, I'll definitely take it to the tech support thread, but if anyone has any tips here for how to get it not to be so tiny in the player, I'd love them- when I run it in VLC and Media Player Classic, I don't have this issue.

In general though, I'm sort of confident with this. I think the group setup we have, especially since we do pass the controller around and sort of have fun, yet also attempt to be informative, gets around Dark Souls being LPd to death.

And yeah, my voice in particular does sound out of place- I'm trying to work on not sounding quite so autistic on video.

https://youtu.be/3OnYu8kxnqQ

Please give any and all feedback, I'd like to hear anything, negative especially. I'm working on a thread, and Kyle, the guy playing most of the time, is making both Thumbnail art and a thread/channel banner, so I'll hopefully have the thread posted by Thursday/Friday, assuming this is accepted decently here.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

FemmaFetale posted:

Alright, so it's been a long drat time, but I finally got off my rear end and had another recording session. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out- for a second ever video, I think the audio quality is decent.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix the video problem, I'll definitely take it to the tech support thread, but if anyone has any tips here for how to get it not to be so tiny in the player, I'd love them- when I run it in VLC and Media Player Classic, I don't have this issue.

In general though, I'm sort of confident with this. I think the group setup we have, especially since we do pass the controller around and sort of have fun, yet also attempt to be informative, gets around Dark Souls being LPd to death.

And yeah, my voice in particular does sound out of place- I'm trying to work on not sounding quite so autistic on video.

https://youtu.be/3OnYu8kxnqQ

Please give any and all feedback, I'd like to hear anything, negative especially. I'm working on a thread, and Kyle, the guy playing most of the time, is making both Thumbnail art and a thread/channel banner, so I'll hopefully have the thread posted by Thursday/Friday, assuming this is accepted decently here.
How exactly did you record this? It might help us to help you to make your video not look the way it does. And your audio quality is pretty bad too.

Actually in retrospect, the audio quality is fine. Sorry for misleading you.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 31, 2015

FemmaFetale
Mar 17, 2014
It's recorded with a cheap USB recorder, I've got a new better thing coming in the mail soon. It might just be me being 100% incompetent with Vegas, though. And the mic is decent quality, so I think all the technical issues are just me being awful at editing. I'm probably just gonna delete the current video and fix some issues. It's a tiny bit desynced, but there are other major audio issues I just noticed.

What, in particular, is really bad about the audio? Is it too loud? Should I change the game/us balance much?

EDIT:// The cropping issues were a Youtube issue, I'm fixing it right now. That's the major video issue, so that's worked out. Still, any advice for fixing the audio that I could do in post would be awesome.

FemmaFetale fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 31, 2015

zealous Escapist
Mar 30, 2015
My first post and Let's Play, so feed back is very much appreciated. Thank you!

After reading the LP by Apples, seen Here, I got inspired to try and make an LP of the Sims 3 all my own. And not just any LP either. I'm hoping to create either a mega-thread or smaller bite sized threads covering every expansion in the game. That's right, ALL of them. Plus the stuff packs too!

Now for my dry run I used Apples's Goon Manor and some randomized Sims plus one I made myself while playing around with the Create-a-Sim. That's what I'm posting here in the Sandcastle. I'm also unsure if I want to play the vanilla game or jump straight into the first expansion so drop your thoughts on that too!

This is just a test run I made, I plan to do the same thing Apples did and solicit goons to turn into Sims. This is starting off with Apples as a template and will be spiraling into a cancerous blob of confusion of my own creation. Think of it like cloning something then splicing it with a duck, aardvark, two cups of sugar, a deck of playing cards and a partridge that may or may not have been in a pear tree for any length of time.

The Goal: I plan to run each expansion as long as possible. Pretty much until I show everything off, it becomes unfunny, or thirty sim days have passed. I intend to go right down the list of expansions in order and show them off along with stuff packs and DLC as I see fit. I'll be open to suggestions on what to do and will accept challenges that I think I can do without hindering the showcase of the expansion.

I want to also be informative as I go along so I'll be explaining things in the LP but I'm thinking I'll omit the basics of the game because people reading an LP of the sims is probably already playing it. My hope is that I can teach people about the expansions because they all are (mostly) amazing. Please drop suggestions and any questions you might have before I begin. Thanks!

The Screenshot test Here

There were some technical issues and I lost alot of screen caps, but I've since fixed this issue and can do another dry run if people think it's necessary.

From feedback:

Yes I did gush on Apples a bit too much I know. I wrote that petrified that I'd be called a plagiarist, and I blame my paranoid English 101 teacher for that. You know, because I'm perfect in every way.

zealous Escapist fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 31, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

zealous Escapist posted:

My first post and Let's Play, so feed back is very much appreciated. Thank you!

After reading the LP by Apples, seen Here, I got inspired to try and make an LP of the Sims 3 all my own. And not just any LP either. I'm hoping to create either a mega-thread or smaller bite sized threads covering every expansion in the game. That's right, ALL of them. Plus the stuff packs too!

Now for my dry run I used Apples's Goon Manor and some randomized Sims plus one I made myself while playing around with the Create-a-Sim. That's what I'm posting here in the Sandcastle. I'm also unsure if I want to play the vanilla game or jump straight into the first expansion so drop your thoughts on that too!

This is just a test run I made, I plan to do the same thing Apples did and solicit goons to turn into Sims. This is starting off with Apples as a template and will be spiraling into a cancerous blob of confusion of my own creation. Think of it like cloning something then splicing it with a duck, aardvark, two cups of sugar, a deck of playing cards and a partridge that may or may not have been in a pear tree for any length of time.

I want to also be informative as I go along so I'll be explaining things in the LP but I'm thinking I'll omit the basics of the game because people reading an LP of the sims is probably already playing it. My hope is that I can teach people about the expansions because they all are (mostly) amazing. Please drop suggestions and any questions you might have before I begin. Thanks!

The Screenshot test Here

There were some technical issues and I lost alot of screen caps, but I've since fixed this issue and can do another dry run if people think it's necessary.
The screenshots look good and Sims LPs seem guaranteed to have some fun in them. Your first post is pretty thorough, so that's good. I have but two questions. What is the goal? Are you just going to go through every tiny thing in the games? Which is a lot or are you going to define a goal? I think defining even a vague goal would help Sims LPs.
Would you like to marry Apples? I haven't checked how often, but you name him an awful lot. Yes, his LP was pretty fun, but don't refer to him this much. It just invites comparisons and questions when you really want your LP to stand on it's own merits and have its own (mis)adventures.

zealous Escapist
Mar 30, 2015

Darth TNT posted:

The screenshots look good and Sims LPs seem guaranteed to have some fun in them. Your first post is pretty thorough, so that's good. I have but two questions. What is the goal? Are you just going to go through every tiny thing in the games? Which is a lot or are you going to define a goal? I think defining even a vague goal would help Sims LPs.
Would you like to marry Apples? I haven't checked how often, but you name him an awful lot. Yes, his LP was pretty fun, but don't refer to him this much. It just invites comparisons and questions when you really want your LP to stand on it's own merits and have its own (mis)adventures.

I dd forget to post the goal! I'll update the post right away. As for Apples, I was afraid of looking like a plagiarist so I definitely over did it. I only intend to mention the LP once at the beginning and that's it. You're completely right though, I want this LP to stand on it's own merits.

Thank you for the feedback!

FemmaFetale
Mar 17, 2014

Niggurath posted:

Actually in retrospect, the audio quality is fine. Sorry for misleading you.

Thank you! So now, since I fixed the weird cropping issues, despite the fact that it's 480p because my recording software sucks, could I start working on a thread?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I've been trying to come up with a title for a Dungeon Siege III thread that doesn't just outright spoil one of the later choices. My current potential titles feel mediocre to okay-ish, but nothing I can cheer for. If anyone has a genius suggestion I'll gladly take it. So far I've got:

Reconquer your kingdom one choice at a time - Let’s Play Dungeon Siege III
No Game for Old Donkeys - Let's Play Dungeon Siege III

Test-OP linked below; no video, though, I'll start producing those once the thread is up and a character has been picked. Unless something was horribly wrong during my previous two LP's I shouldn't be able to gently caress up a new video anyway, at least not too much. Anything I should add to the OP? I could make a short video to show off all the playstyles as well, but the vignettes probably do a decent job at that already.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=22124

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Hi guys, I am slowly working on my Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams LP and almost have the tech side of things nailed down. Bought myself a video editing program which I'm pretty happy with, now there's just the question of how to choose the right settings to export because holy choices, Batman.

The MPEG-4 codec which I would normally use (to get mp4s, I guess) is sadly locked behind another 5 bux, which I would pay I guess, but if there are free options that offer the same quality, I'll take them. So I tried one that gives me an .m2t file which I have never heard of, but it apparently works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJYSjW03tk

Does this look fine to everyone else? I'm happy with the quality, but I tend to be happy with like 80% okay work when it could be 95% fine with just a little extra effort.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
That's crystal clear at both 480 and 720p on my big screen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You can't do H264? Or you have to pay for that? You can always try exporting as a lossless AVI with Lagarith and then encoding it with MeGUI. Otherwise, your current setup should be fine I guess. It's only YouTube.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Something I've been mulling for a while. Audio's not great in the third segment, and I'm worried it's a bit dry overall.
-----------------------------------------------
Got a 64? Then get this! Let's play Commodore Format Power Packs!

October, 1991. Newsfield Publications, publishers of Zzap64 magazine, go bust. No great loss in all honesty - Zzap64 was some way past its best.

I buy the only surviving alternative: Commodore Format issue 14.

Issue 14: Stringent Laws

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

ChaosArgate posted:

You can't do H264? Or you have to pay for that? You can always try exporting as a lossless AVI with Lagarith and then encoding it with MeGUI. Otherwise, your current setup should be fine I guess. It's only YouTube.
I dunno where I'd find the H264 option, actually. It's not in the dropdown menu (MPEG-4 is, but it then gives me an error which could be fixed by installing the codec). What I could imagine (I have no idea) is that it might be possible to find the codec alone somewhere free and use that, but I don't know if you need program-specific codecs or whatever.

The AVI into MeGUI occured to me but it's too much work, I'd say. Just adds so much extra time and steps to the workflow.

But if it looks fine, then that is moot anyway - I'll use the m2t file, it plays fine in VLC, apparently uploads fine to YT and after that it doesn't matter anymore anyway.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Simply Simon posted:

Hi guys, I am slowly working on my Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams LP and almost have the tech side of things nailed down. Bought myself a video editing program which I'm pretty happy with, now there's just the question of how to choose the right settings to export because holy choices, Batman.

The MPEG-4 codec which I would normally use (to get mp4s, I guess) is sadly locked behind another 5 bux, which I would pay I guess, but if there are free options that offer the same quality, I'll take them. So I tried one that gives me an .m2t file which I have never heard of, but it apparently works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJYSjW03tk

Does this look fine to everyone else? I'm happy with the quality, but I tend to be happy with like 80% okay work when it could be 95% fine with just a little extra effort.

Footage looks good. No need to go MP4 for the purposes of uploading.
m2t and m2ts are containers not every video editing program can read, though. I think they ca use H264 video just like mp4 so you may be able to remux if need be. Your editing program requires extra monies for mp4 because it's popular I guess. And everything can use mp4 files I guess.

Some video players can't read m2t properly, though so keep that in mind. Even with codecs. If you just use it as a final export and youtube can work with it you should be golden, though.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The container has very little to do with the codec it contains. If you're concerned with the codec it uses, open your file with MediaInfo or something and tell us what the actual codec is, "mp4" or "m2ts" doesn't really help.

You can easily stuff encoded streams into other containers with ffmpeg if you really need to, as well.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Prenton posted:

Something I've been mulling for a while. Audio's not great in the third segment, and I'm worried it's a bit dry overall.

October, 1991. Newsfield Publications, publishers of Zzap64 magazine, go bust. No great loss in all honesty - Zzap64 was some way past its best.

So the plan is I take it random Power Pack issues of shareware? That's a pretty neat idea that could be fun. I know next to nothing about the system's library (which I'm told is quite large) so I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Prenton posted:

I'd probably adjust the volume a bit so that the game audio is quieter (for example, when the TMHT music is playing near the start) but other than that it looks good to me.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Testing, testing. Here's a PS2 game recorded in HD resolution. There are a few places where the emulated audio hiccups, but it's rather limited. The main concern is that it's a PAL game that ended up as a 30 fps YT video. Just how jerky is the end result?

I thought of doing the first game in the series first, but no. It's horrible.

video 1.1
video 1.2

Since then I did some testing in the NTSC mode and the emulator handles it better than the console. I'll switch to that later on for smoother recordings.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Make a thread or just keep it to YouTube?

Bloodborne: Please Rate This Thread Fine

What is Bloodborne?

Get a twitter account and you'll find out in five seconds.

Okay, well, imagine if Konami were sitting in front of a locked door or puzzle marked "3D Castlevania". They look at these broken keys marked "Castlevania 64" and "Lords of Shadow" and they huff, "Nothing seems to work!" FROM Software, makers of Action RPGs you may have heard of called Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, etc. said "Step aside, folks. We'll handle this."

So, it's Dark Souls set in pseudo-Victorian psuedo-Europe with werewolves and mummies and monsters. And guns. You die a million times, artificial difficulty, blah blah blah... look do I really have to distill the Wikipedia page here?

Day One Blind LP? gently caress right off.

Yeah, but you know? The 3-month rule is gone and maybe it's time to try new things. Anyway, this is how it happened:

My cohort Diabetus isn't going to buy a PS4 for just Bloodborne but loving the Souls games, he was really interested. I suggested it'd be fun to make a video with him watching on Skype, so we played for an hour. We had fun, said gently caress it, let's try a thing and now we have five videos recorded over 2 sessions.

What ended up awesome?

I'm too hasty for Souls games which actually helps out since Bloodborne is faster paced. Diabetus is slow and methodical so he actually keeps me in check finding items, etc. I was happy with how it turned out!

Since Bloodborne is a presumably long game, while I can't redo the first few videos, we have plenty of time and nothing more recorded so you can tell me what you'd like to see, etc. I might even feature comments from both YouTube and this very forum (preferably here) for the infamously boring loading screens. (Note: I usually edit those out but I thought that'd be fun. Blood Engagement, they call it.)

Basically, I feel like this is a little YouTube dumpy, but if there's any interest here, it's not too late, as opposed to when we record more later.

Spoiler Policy?

Gameplay suggestions and things we've seen are cool. Do not post about upcoming bosses/areas/things of interest unless it's something we'll miss. I know "things of interest" is nebulous, but say, "A better threaded cane" is one thing. "Cool gently caress off bazooka!" is something it'd be better for us to stumble upon.

Gameplay suggestions from those who haven't played are totally welcome! Winning strategies from those who have - spoiler tag. Cool poo poo a first time player could miss, but we should include? Mention!

This is a little confusing, so let's say...

- We're right in the area of the second boss, but haven't encountered it. - DO NOT MENTION, let us stumble upon it
- We've fought the second boss but are missing a key element of the fight. - SPOILER TAG, in case thread readers are dying to know
- We've fought the second boss but if you don't kill him and do something else first, you get a hidden item for beating him.* - MENTION, maybe I can include it if not too late
- I'm not sure. - ASK. Figure out a way to dance around it or in the worst case, e-mail me slowbeef AT gmail, or even tweet @slowbeef and I'll figure it out. I'd rather not be spoiled, but I'd prefer it to Betus or the audience.

* Note: That is a hypothetical situation. I've no idea if that or anything like it is the case.

Basically, discussion is fine, just keep in mind I - and others who haven't played/can't - would like to stumble on stuff as much as we can.

I found a note in Yharnam that says "oh, Yharnam"

It's mine! Please rate this fine! I AM BEGGING YOU.

Can I invade you/co-op!

I'm honestly not still 100% sure on multiplayer re: how it works, but yeah, maybe we can post here or I can tweet out where I am, what level, etc. and you can try and kick my rear end or I can help you kill a boss or fail at all those things.

Chronicles of a Bumbling Hunter
01. Expert Level Play - Hunter's Dream, Entering Yharnam
02. "oh, Yharnam" - Villagers, Crows, Ridley Voice
03. Diabetus's Favorite Enemy - More Yharnam, and Meeting Gherman
04. Into the Sewers - More NPCs and New Enemies
05. Boss 1 Enocunter - Enter Cleric Beast

So, Fine or Foul?

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 2, 2015

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

slowbeef posted:

Bloodborne

Yeah, this is technically a dump, AND a day one LP, but as you said times are changing.

Obviously this is of a much higher quality then the normal day one riff-raff plus you two are already a well know and liked duo so I give it the vote of Fine

shinmai
Oct 9, 2007

CHK Instruction

slowbeef posted:

Bloodborne
Head's up: All the links point to the first video.

slowbeef posted:

Make a thread or just keep it to YouTube?
I'd say thread if for nothing else than being able to discuss the videos without a dozen people constantly posting spoilers and gameplay hints to week old videos.

I think with the heavy handed editing and the funny banter poo poo between the two of you it strikes a good balance of seeing you figure stuff out on your own (the good part of the Prime LPs), without having to sit there watching you miss something time and again, especially if you keep using Betus as a second pair of eyes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I thought it only counted as a dump if the LP is already mostly done as opposed to what slowbeef has now, which is probably only a small smidgen of what the game will have to offer. I remember a few new LPers coming here with like 3-4 episodes already on YouTube and people being ok with it. I'd rate this test post up but I guess the Bloodborne thing is to rate it fine?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I haven't watched any of the videos and wont until I've played Bloodborne, which might be a while. But I'd just post it. Really. I mean, I asked about a year ago before I posted my Dark Souls II LP just to have an alibi in case someone accuses me of Youtube dumping. But I wouldn't worry about that. If I had played Bloodborne I'd probably watch it whether it's a day one blind LP or not. Historically you and Betus have a good enough dynamic to make it work. And having a day one blind LP that doesn't suck sure would interest a lot of people without PS4s and patience.

I also appreciate you keeping the titles on Youtube relatively spoiler free (if you really want to please me, though, call them video01.mp4, video02.mp4 etc. That'd be perfect. TIA), I already had to unsubscribe from, like, three people who failed to do that. Because if you spoil the game for me I will find you and I will end you.

Someone buy me a PS4. Please.

E: As far as I'm concerned it's only a youtube dump if someone literally hops on the forums and dumps their links, asks for likes comments and subscribes and then fucks right off again.
But since no one seems to really know what a youtube dump is it's best to just not care.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 2, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

slowbeef posted:

Day One Blind LP? gently caress right off.

You don't need to do this. No one is actually going to say that unless your LP is lovely and it looks fine.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Prenton posted:

A lil' bit dry, it is true, but I honestly think a part of it is that older games start a lot quicker (cold opens), some of them have features that maybe could be explained a bit better (Tilt... I didn't get what some of those tiles were meant to be) , and some of them lack context (You mention Tilt being one of two games from the period, but I didn't catch any mention that TMHT is the Commodore port of the Arcade beat 'em up (And it's not a great port at that). So, perhaps working a lil' bit more on what the games are might help, their history and the like?

I definitely got interested in Terror from the Deep, it looks like it was an early sub shooter, and, judging by that first playthrough, er... Staying still (medium thrust lever) is deadly... Man, that's some interesting game design history, and I look forward to seeing more of these when you make a thread!

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Tubofun posted:

Yeah, this is technically a dump, AND a day one LP, but as you said times are changing.

I will totally admit I'd be skeptical if it weren't for me, and I guess I'm little worried that this is "oh popular guy is doing it so NOW it's okay" but I really did edit it to what I thought was appropriate.

I'm including more than I did in the previous Dark Souls because honestly, the dynamic is working out really well. Like, I know Betus and I can crank a good video from time to time, but I was especially happy with how this turned out. Now watch everything else be terrible.

My baby will be interrupting things, though. Holy poo poo, when you have a kid that "you can't pause" thing becomes really obnoxious.

IGgy IGsen posted:

I also appreciate you keeping the titles on Youtube relatively spoiler free (if you really want to please me, though, call them video01.mp4, video02.mp4 etc. That'd be perfect. TIA)

It's a tricky balance, but I also get annoyed when people tweet/post "Oh man I finally beat Professor Murder!" and cross it off my list of things to be surprised by. Bosses are my favorite thing, so I might have to err on "wacky (but vague) titles" and "Boss 1/2/3, etc."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tubofun posted:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world LP subforum"

~Ghandi slowbeef

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Blind Sally posted:

You don't need to do this. No one is actually going to say that unless your LP is lovely and it looks fine.

Another reason I did the Sandcastle? I was worried the thread might get bombarded with that kinda post so this was a canary-in-the-coal-mine thing. ...Which I guess is what this thread was for!

Maybe I can change that, though, yeah.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Honestly, it's edited (lightly, but nevertheless edited) and you and Betus are good at carrying on so gently caress it, pull the trigger. Yeah, it's pretty blatantly "Popular guy getting away with something that a newbie can't" but that happens all the time on the forum and no one ever bats an eye at those.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

slowbeef posted:

"oh popular guy is doing it so NOW it's okay"
I did it and it was okay too. Well, not day 1 and not blind but still. And last time I checked I wasn't popular.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

IGgy IGsen posted:

I did it and it was okay too. Well, not day 1 and not blind but still. And last time I checked I wasn't popular.

Did you? Sorry, maybe I missed that. Shoot me a link, pal!

e: Oh wait, was it the DaS2 thing you mentioned? Sorry, didn't make the connection. Kid kept me up all night and coffee is not working.

Artix posted:

Honestly, it's edited (lightly, but nevertheless edited)

Typically, I edit to include only progress or exceptionally good/funny things, but ... honestly, I was kinda happy with a lot of it!

Each video does have progression, but admittedly, it's slow going.

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shinmai
Oct 9, 2007

CHK Instruction

slowbeef posted:

Bosses are my favorite thing, so I might have to err on "wacky (but vague) titles" and "Boss 1/2/3, etc."

Definitely gravitate towards this end of the vague-informative spectrum. Also, if you do post failed boss attempts, please do the thing you did with Souls and leave some dead video after a successfull attempt to not give it away.

• Locked thread