Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Game Thread: Operation Passing Angel

DYNAMITE CRISIS
Metal Gear. Die Hard. Dino Crisis. Spy Fiction. Mission Impossible. Dynamite Cop. What do these things have in common? High stakes, high octane, espionage action is what!

When a renegade battalion of terrorists threatens the future of peaceful nations from aboard a captured mobile nuclear silo, who in the world can stop them? And when a rogue nation launches a laser death satellite to destroy it's peaceful neighbors, and hold the entire planet hostage, who can we count on to save us all? Only the greatest soldiers, the most cunning spies, and the baddest dudes.

That's where you come in. You're going to BE those soldiers and spies. Three of them, to be specific. As agents of the United Nations top secret O.C.A.M. team, you are the deniable covert-ops asset that can make the difference between war and peace, in a world where scientific achievement is the currency of nations, and intelligence it's greatest weaponry. Where corporations grow to sizes rivaling nations, and add to the struggle for power and peace. Where the allegiance of a person to their country or ideals is rarely as strong as their allegiance to money. Where soldiers, spies, and scientists all become mercenaries in the service of geopolitical conquests. In this kind of world, the only limits are your mission parameters, and the strength of your convictions!

FATE
As fans of Dr. Kojima can attest, the battlefield is a dramatic place, filled with loyalty, love, and lies. These incredible conflicts breed incredible action, and to help capture this action/drama paradigm, I'm employing the FATE system. FATE is a fairly easy to understand collaborative storytelling system, with enough mechanical meat to replicate the stunts, stealth, and sabotage I fully expect will litter every other paragraph of this game thread.

Don't know the system? I'm fairly new to it myself. Check this handy link and learn the basics. We'll be skipping a few parts to accommodate the asynchronous play-by-post format, but the rules for creating a character, and playing the game are all there, and totally free. But don't get too far ahead of yourself. This is a collaborative mission!

OPERATIVES
Since a large part of this system relies on mutual generation of shared history and world detail, we're forgoing the usual style of application.

In its place, I need candidates for a top-secret covert mission, drawn from the full range of the world's military and intelligence agencies. Anyone and everyone that the UN can produce, or procure, will be considered for this secret team, so long as they've got the skills and the attitude to be the best.

Your application should include:
A name.
Your High Concept, and your Trouble.
A very brief bio (Nationality, previous branch(s) of service, likes, dislikes, hobbies, other little bits of fluff. Try to keep it to a single paragraph.)
Ideally a picture or photo of your operative.

Distribute 20 skill points between the following skills:

Alertness
Athletics
Communication
CQC (armed melee)
Deceit
Demolitions
Driving
Electronics
Engineering
First Aid
Infiltration
Marksmanship
Martial Arts (unarmed melee)
Provocation
Resolve
Stealth
Strength
Survival

You'll start with 2 Health, 2 Staminas, and 2 Psyche stress boxes, and may increase these by placing skill points in Strength, Athletics, and Resolve, respectively.

The rest will be generated after initial candidate selection, and/or in play. This game will be using an extras system, with no additional permissions necessary (subject to change,) to represent the tactical soldier/spy gear you'll encounter. But we'll get to that later. In the mean time, feel free to ask me any and all questions that you've got.

I'm looking for three players, who can commit to at least one post a week, though if turn out is astounding, I may consider more.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

O.C.A.M. stands for the "Office of Clandestine Action Missions." I was secretly hoping no one would ever ask.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

When you say "with dinosaurs" in the recruitment post, do you mean the characters or the setting or what?

The setting. There are dinosaurs and it's a secret. Nobody know about the dinosaurs. Disregard all thoughts of dinosaurs until further notice.

Also, since it was asked, it's not necessary to distribute your skills pyramid style, but there's really no reason not to if it makes it easier for you.

And since a few of you are new to PbP, take a look around the sub-forum and see how others are doing it. I'm more used to Marvel Heroic, myself, but there are a few FATE based games going on as well, that might give you an idea what to expect.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 25, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I should probably mention that "Infiltration" and "Stealth" have some marked differences, which are not terrifically apparent. (My bad.)

Stealth is a measure of skill at hiding, and moving about, undetected. Naturally, it's intended for characters who wish to remain unnoticed.

Infiltration is a little less obvious. Infiltration measures a character's skill at gaining access using conventional, and unconventional means. Picking locks, sabotaging or bypassing electronic security, small acts of theft, and disguises. There is a fair amount of overlap with other skills of course, but unlike most skills it overlaps with, infiltration rarely requires having tools, or system access, or other specialized resources available. An infiltrator can manually bypass a security keypad with stolen credentials, improvised sabotage, or by convincingly portraying themselves as someone who is authorized to pass. It's a jack of all trades "thief" skill, in a sense.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

In a way. CQC is intended to represent quicker, less meditated, and often less controlled close quarters fighting, involving weapons, hand-to-hand techniques, and possibly even firearms. It has the potential to bring in special stunts or modifications granted by the gear a character is wielding.

Martial Arts on the other hand, represents primarily unarmed fighting, using only the body as a weapon. While the chances of adding special stunts and modifiers from gear are slim, you also can't really be deprived of the option to use Martial Arts, like you can with weapon based fighting. On top of that, it adds the option to create aspects, and stunts trees around the particular style or styles of Martial Arts the character uses.

I did consider having them be one thing, but ultimately decided there was more action oriented flavor possibilities to splitting them up.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sure. Engineering represents mechanical aptitude. The character's ability to assemble, repair, and take apart machinery. Clearing a jammed gun, dismantling a helicopter's engine, or building a flamethrowing tank out of a tractor and a barrel of kerosene would all be Engineering tasks.

Electronics is similar, except it deals specifically with electronic equipment, and computers. So building a radio from spare parts, converting a cell phone into a stun gun, or remotely seizing control over a building's security network would all be Electronics tasks.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Not a skill we're using here. Most of it's functions would be assumed by various other skills. Alertness, Infiltration, Communication, etc. Depending on what you're trying to investigate, and how, you'd probably use a different method.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Rockopolis posted:

If I were carting around a grenade launcher as my weapon of choice (and pretty much incompetent with other weapons), would I use Demolitions? If I were using grappling hook or less-lethal rubber chicken rounds, what skill would I use? I could drop the GL idea and just swap it for flinging explosives around, I guess.
Can I drop Strength to boost up one of the other skills?

I wasn't sure if I was getting the right tone for a Kojima game, now I think I might have gone past Kojima and hit Suda51.
I'm sure that if I hit some milestones and ever resolve his issues, he's going to realize that he is not a chicken. He is a man.

Good questions.

Yes, Grenade Launchers would fall under Demolitions, rather than standard Marksmanship. The ammunition type wouldn't much matter. Demolitions will be covering all explosives and explosive based weaponry, from bombs, to grenades, to rocket launchers. If it explodes, it's probably Demolitions.

For equipment, I have a system of Extras in mind, that should let you work your idea into play. You won't have total say over the specialized equipment that you're carrying at the start, but I can certainly permit that kind of thing as a trade-off to say, Refresh, or Stunts. You will have a lot of equipment choices though. More on that if anyone is dying to know, though I left the details out of the original post so as not to get ahead of myself.

You can't really drop Strength to boost your available skills. If you're interested in playing a more fragile character, or one who sacrifices durability for a boost to some other talent, you can always adopt an Aspect, or a Stunt with a drawback to reflect that.

Lastly, for tone, Metal Gear is sort of a middle ground for all the other influences and ideas that I've got going, and was hoping you'd all add to. It's informing me on the basic structure of the narrative, but it's not the be-all end-all. I'm not trying to emulate it to a T. Truth is, I had originally planned this game about a year ago, to be a D20 Modern "Dino Crisis" based game, for my table-top group, but it never came to fruition. D20 Modern was a pretty rough system to work from.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's a bit of a stretch, but I'm not necessarily opposed. Show me the goods, and I'll let you know how I feel, and if I think it needs tweaking.

Speaking of, some great apps so far. Keep them coming!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Okay, I love that. Really the best I could have hoped for! I would like to know what the "Ghosts in the Machine" trouble is alluding to. What did you have in mind for that?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I like it. I'd have to make a small accommodation for recovering stress and certain complications, being that First-Aid wouldn't really apply to healing a damaged android, but I see no reason something like that wouldn't fall under Engineering or Electronics, as needed.

So my last thought about it for now would be regarding the Staminas stress track. Can you think of a way to accomodate that, or a similar functional third stress type? I'd hate to disqualify a good character concept like this, just because it's nature makes it immune to the sort of biological and survival oriented stresses that a human would have to endure in battle (even if that's kind of the point of an android soldier.) I'd also consider a voluntary penalty to Refresh, or something like that.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Hey, don't sweat it. I'm taking apps till Monday, I think. Getcha' posts in.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh, incidentally, who here has Private Messages? It may be useful at some point, for staying in touch, or disseminating TOP SECRET INFO!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 28, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Seriously? I never knew that.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

No need to make the investment. I don't have plans that require it, just thought it may be a tool to use. Like, if I needed to pass something along, or you needed to contact me about something, like an absence, or secret question you're too embarrassed to ask in public. I don't know why you would do that, but I mean, you could.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Remember: today's the last day for submissions! If you're working on, or thinking about an application, post it up! I'm probably making the selection around midnight, so hurry up and get some action!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Woooo! Fourteen hours to get your posts in! I haven't made any definite picks yet, except the decision to take FOUR operatives!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Captain Walker can you elaborate on the High Concept and Trouble for Adrian? What do you have in mind for those?

Kumaton how do intend to portray Kostantin's trouble? (dig the music choice.)

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I've put a weird amount of thought into the crew, utilized the most incredible science and computations to analyze the individual merits of each applicant, and then drew a bunch of names out of a hat. And the result is that the following four operatives are going to be War Buddies together!

Lt. Alicia Silvers, (Waffleman_)

Giovanni Pirrazo (Mr Tastee)

Agent Layla Pearce (thelazyblank)

Psycho (thatbastardken)

Remember that War Buddies not only fight together, they often die in unison. So get practicing your synchronized keeling-over, and be ready to report to the briefing room when summoned.

As for the rest, you're all on reserve duty. If an agent falls in the line of duty, goes AWOL, or defects to the Soviet Union, I'm going to be calling you up, as needed, to take over an active position on the roster. You know, if you're still interested.

I am incredibly sleepy, and have a mission to organize, so we'll get to the next stage of character generation as soon as I hear from the four of you, and also wake up.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

What do you need to hear from us? Just that we're still keen?

Yes, exactly.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sandymane posted:

Could you let us standby players know the order you plan on calling us up?

I chose the main group based on what I felt would be a good balance of skills, and (much) more importantly, personalities. So calling up reserves would really depend on who/what needed a replacement. For example, Kari would probably get called in if I decided the team needed a solid Marksman, Demolitionist, or a darker kind of personality, to shake up the group dynamic. Sorry that's not a very precise answer.

thelazyblank posted:

Hooray. I'm still interested.

Are we doing Phase Trio or something different?

That's actually what I'm working on now. And since the gang's all here, let's get going.

Phase trio:

O.C.A.M. is a fairly young organization, with a roster of field agents barely in the double digits. The U.N. Secret Security Council has not yet deployed them on a major operation. It was, however, founded with a particular aim: to take action as an extra-national intelligence gathering and espionage utility, against the rising tide of extra-national military, criminal, and corporate organizations, whose existence and goals may threaten the stability of international peace. At it's heart, O.C.A.M. is an active peace-keeping, security, and intelligence apparatus. To reflect this aim, O.C.A.M. employs a different mission structure than traditional Black Operations, or Counter Terrorist units.

So, what was your prior assignment in the field? Were you with O.C.A.M. at the time? Were you a Codenamed Agent? A Support Element? How did it go?

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 30, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I should ask, just to be safe, but does everyone understand the Phase Trio step? It's written a little confusingly, but I want to make sure we all know what's going on.

You're basically all going to do what Waffleman_ did, and write a super brief summary of your character's last big adventure. Then you'll use that story to choose another aspect for your character.

Once everyone has that, I'll pass the story on to a second player. The second player will add their own character to the first player's story, as a supporting character, foil, complicating factor, etc. The second player will use their contribution to the first player's story to choose a new aspect for themselves.

Then we do this one more time, so that every character has their own story, and everyone has contributed to two other stories. The end result is that you should have three new aspects, in addition to your High Concept and Trouble.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

You don't have to choose right away. If nothing jumps to mind immediately you can always pick something after someone else adds their part to the tale, or after the game really starts. The most important thing here is that you've established yourself, a little of the setting, and and a connection of some kind with the other PCs.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Phase two:

Giovanni; the Cohdopian International Smuggling Ring was directly involved in the events of the Borginian revolution. Something about ink? How did your investigation of their activities help or hinder Lt. Silvers' mission to depose Grover Chibayo from power?

Psycho; when Agent Storm Petrel's findings were being transmitted into O.C.A.M. databases, you were able to accidentally intercept them. What was it about the Theta Energy Consortium research that struck a nerve with you? What did you seek out Storm Petrel to ask her about after the mission's conclusion?

Layla; when the famous detective Giovanni Pirrazo captured MI5's double agent - the world renowned thief, Cameron San Fierro - it seemed that the secret location of King John's other missing treasure was about to fall into the hands of the Italian police! Did you manage to keep this national secret safe from prying eyes? How so?

Alicia; when the fanatical Cult of Ogún captured you on a mission off the coast of Isla Isabella, and tried to steal O.C.A.M. intelligence secrets out of your mind via hypnosis, you were suddenly rescued by a robot soldier. How the heck did you two escape from the cult's deadly volcano temple? And how did you avoid death at the hands of the infamous Voodoo Sniper "Mr. Hit Maker?"

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 31, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Probably my fault, but Cameron was a woman in Mr Tastee's post.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Excellent! That's phase two taken care of. If you don't have two aspects yet, don't worry. You can always pick them in game, as needed. Just let me know when you'd like to do so. Now, for the sake of brevity, I'm actually going to take a little twist on phase three, and flip the stories back to their original authors. You absolutely don't have to answer all these questions, just resolve the story's conflict(s) as you see fit:

Phase Three:

Alicia: Why did you spare the smuggler that turned out to be Giovanni? Was it an accident? Did you intend to let him live? Or was it fate that decided your shot would only wound him, thus giving him a chance to identify himself? Did you trust he was telling the truth? How did he help you complete your mission?

Giovanni: Having finally outwitted Cameron San Fierro, and put her behind bars, how did you feel when you learned she'd escaped yet again? Were you able to catch up to her suspicious accomplice? What was it about her that tipped you off that she was no ordinary lawyer? Did Cameron leave you one last clue to follow?

Psycho: Having successfully completed your first real mission, the thing you were made to do, how did you feel? What was it like working alongside a real human teammate, instead of a VR sim, or training drone? How did you assess Lt. Silvers, as a soldier? As a person?

Layla: Though you thwarted his plans, Dr. Capek escaped. How did he manage to slip away? Later on, after joining O.C.A.M., how did you feel when Psycho confronted you with knowledge of classified MI5 mission details? What did you tell it about the mission? About Dr. Capek? How did you answer it's question? Is it inevitably a threat to humanity? Or can it choose it's own path?

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 1, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Long hours today and tomorrow, BUT I promise as soon as I get home, if I've got Mr Tastee's response in, I'll finish off character creation, and get the in game thread under way! The only things left are Stunts, and explaining how Gear is going to work.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Anticipate I'll have something to post around nine-tonight.

Apparently the power company is fixing a sub-station near my house, so I may lose power before I can post the actual game thread. In the meantime, I've only got two things left for you to do, as I mentioned previously.

So, you each get three stunts, and can either create them now, or create them during play. You can take more than three, but each one after the third reduces your refresh rate by one point (so you don't have as many fate points to work with.) Hit me with any ideas you've got, and I'll let you know if it sounds good, or needs some tweaking. Stunts don't have any hard and fast guidelines, but the SRD explains them fairly well. You can also use the Stunt Maker to come up with some ideas, though it's output is mostly just skeletal formats for plugging your own flavor into.

You can also make stunt trees, if you want a series of linked stunts, or a SUPER stunt, that does more than a +2 shift on something. It's pretty loose.

Gear is going to be a choice you make (and continue to make) during the game.

The "Gear" system
As agents of O.C.A.M. you are supplied with a selection of equipment that best fits the parameters of the mission ahead of you. Before your mission, you'll be issued a standard field kit, which includes the basic tools needed to perform most common tasks, as well as equipment chosen for the specific mission ahead. You will also have a number of options for additional gear to bring with you, at your discretion.

Gear, in addition to allowing you to use certain skills, can also provide you with additional Aspects, Stunts, or Combat Bonuses. The trade-off is, you can only carry so much Gear with you at any given time: up to 6 Blocks of gear total. Blocks are an abstract measurement of an item's weight and/or bulk, combined with the bulk of related accessories (such as bullets). Some Gear may have a limited number of uses between Refresh periods, as well.

Note that it's not my intention to have you keep track of how many I.C.E. Picks you've got, or the exact number of bullets and magazines you have left. That's super boring! But the equipment you are using can be an important dramatic factor, opening avenues or closing them off, as the situation changes. The Gear system is intended to allow flexibility with your character's equipment choices, without making it either a complete abstraction, or a major limitation on your choices as players. If you have any thoughts, concerns, or feedback, now or as the game progresses, let me know! I'm more than happy to change the system if it's not working out for the group.

Gear is divided into four categories:

Free Gear {designated in Purple} is default equipment, not specifically worth keeping track of. You can carry as much of it as you need to.

Light Gear {designated in Green} is small, usually light-weight Gear, typically utilitarian in nature. This includes some weapon attachments, and grenades. Light Gear takes up 1 Block of carrying capacity.

Medium Gear {designated in Orange} includes compact and lightweight weapons, such as submachine guns, and larger tools, such as laptop computers. Medium Gear takes up 2 Blocks of carrying capacity.

Heavy Gear {designated in Red} include larger and typically more powerful weapons, such as assault rifles, grenade launchers, and the like, as well as large equipment like tool boxes and proton packs. Heavy Gear takes up 3 Blocks of carrying capacity.

I'm giving you some freebies to start, once the game is underway, as well as some pre-made options, but I'll certainly allow you to design your own gear or pick something more unique if you like. The price would depend on what it is, and how it would be used, but a refresh point or a stunt would be most likely the permission, and even then, only if the thing you'd like to have is better than the things I'm offering for free.

Finally: your character sheet should be (mostly) complete, and include your Name, Aspects, Skills, *Stress Boxes and Complication Slots, and some kind of notation for your six Gear Slots. If you find a sheet online, that's groovy. Or if somebody wants to make one, by all means, go ahead. As long as it can be easily posted or linked, and updated as needed. I'll get the IG thread going as soon as I'm able.

*Don't forget to adjust for skills, and mark complication slots limited to certain types of stress!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 4, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Just a heads up: I expect I'll have the in game thread up sometime late tomorrow, or Monday. But like I said, Stunts can be decided on during play, so there's no real rush to get them in before then.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'm not on IRC much, if at all. But why the heck not? If it's useful, I'm open to it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I think the first two are pretty solid. I can visualize them in my mind, and that's superb. They're powerful and straightforward, but limited. You won't be able to make that +7 attack every exchange, and the Sensor Pod advantage can be overcome without too much difficulty. I can see it having a fair amount of utility. I think they'd work well.

I'd make "I Have Detailed Files" into something about the memory patterns programmed into you, like the upside of the Ghosts in the Machine aspect. Have it cost a fate point in addition to being once per scene. Because that could be super powerful otherwise, with the +4 Resolve you've got.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I love the name.

So something like "+2 to actions using Communications when trying to resolve or dissuade aggression, non-violently." Or I guess, when trying to talk down hostile opponents. However you'd want to phrase it. Does that sound about right?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I can't wait to see you disarm a bomb by punching it into submission. Seriously great!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

So you're opting for four stunts, then?

A few notes:

Deceit wouldn't be used to create a disguise, only to act in character as a disguised individual. So you way want to apply that bonus to Infiltration (for making disguises) or to Deceit rolls when wearing a disguise.

Expert Marksman seems like a permanent +1 to attacks with ranged weapons, which would essentially be the same as just having one more point in the marksmanship skill. If you're going for expertise with firearms, or the ability to make "trick shots" like an action movie hero, I'd either make it a +1 bonus to attacks with a specific type of weapon (throwing knives, handguns, assault rifles, etc,) a +1 bonus to creating Advantages with the Marksmanship skill (to represent things like the classic "shooting a fire extinguisher to blind the enemy with smoke/blow them up,") or Add in some type of cost for using it. Once per scene, etc.

Lastly, just so we're clear on the once per session cost, and once per session abilities, since we're doing this as essentially one big long ongoing session, I've structured the story to provide "refresh breaks," which will esentially be the session breaks. Typically, they'll follow the completion of a mission objective, or major plot scene.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'm setting up the In Game thread now. Please wait to post until further notice, though. There's a bit of prep work to go through.

:siren:WE ARE GO! OPERATION PASSING ANGEL IS LIVE!:siren:

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 7, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Layla, you took too much gear! Six blocks is the max, but at the outset of the operation, you can only take Three.

Ack. Whatever. Everybody take Six. Life's too short!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 7, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

Whoops, did not re-read the post, wrote most of that stuff late last night. Just saw the 6 blocks max listed, and didn't bother to read the rest. :smith:

Late night prep-posting needs to be done carefully, not haphazardly.

Nah, don't worry about it. I lifted the limit, so you're good. Six blocks or less is all good.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Yes. I essentially read the sequence of actions as, Giovanni moves forward, and Layla is three steps behind him. His Stealth roll worked for both of you, as far as I'm concerned, but he and the guard around the corner both kind of surprised each other, leaving Layla about a split second to move before something worse happens. Depending on how you resolve this, I may move into a real Conflict.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 13, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Not along the beach, no. You'd have to move up to the road, and follow it up the hill. There's one guard that route, but no lights.

Edit: I added a little map of the Zones, for reference sake. It's a pretty rough framework, but essentially how I see things being laid out.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Have the next few days off, and plenty of time for posting. I've issued the challenge for plan A: shutting down the security station. There are, of course, alternatives, if anyone wants to pursue a different course of action. Sky's the limit, team!

• Locked thread