Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I'm still trying to get the hang of FATE, I figure this would be good practice.
If I were carting around a grenade launcher as my weapon of choice (and pretty much incompetent with other weapons), would I use Demolitions? If I were using grappling hook or less-lethal rubber chicken rounds, what skill would I use? I could drop the GL idea and just swap it for flinging explosives around, I guess.
Can I drop Strength to boost up one of the other skills?

I wasn't sure if I was getting the right tone for a Kojima game, now I think I might have gone past Kojima and hit Suda51.
I'm sure that if I hit some milestones and ever resolve his issues, he's going to realize that he is not a chicken. He is a man.

High Concept Codename “Running Cochin”
Trouble Chicken

Bio
As one of the world's fastest traceurs, Running Cochin specializes in daring, high speed infiltrations; smash and grabs backed up by serious technical skills. He's notorious for his usual tactic of hosing down the target facility with his ratty China Lake, sprinting over a wall, and making off with his objective before the defenders can recover from the shock of being assaulted by a man in a chicken mask.
The chicken mask...is a luck piece, apparently? He calls it a disguise, that the French are after him, and admits to being a deserter from the Foreign Legion. The mask is supposed to be his disguise and his penance.

The truth is somewhat more complicated. And incoherent.
He's not a deserter. He resigned. The French are after him, yes...but they want him to go to a hospital. And pin a stack of medals to his straightjacket. He's been through a lot. Can't handle casualties at all.
Frankly, if I hadn't seen him in action, I'd say to let the French have him and good riddance. But the man can move like no one I've ever seen. Just...keep an eye on him.

Dislikes: Chicken, drunkenness, unprofessionalism, cowardice, casualties
Hobbies: Chicken farming, athletics training, racing

Skills
4 Athletics
3 Electronics, Demolitions
2 Alertness, Infiltration, Resolve
1 Communication, Engineering, Stealth, Strength

3/3 Health
6/6 Stamina
4/4 Psyche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Oh, incidentally, who here has Private Messages? It may be useful at some point, for staying in touch, or disseminating TOP SECRET INFO!
You can contact me on 141.80.

• Locked thread