Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Gonna make a conspiracy theorist dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Giovanni Pirrazo

One of the greatest detectives in Italy, Giovanni has spent his life studying and solving mysteries, and fighting the mafia against all odds. As a result of his sleuthing, he trusts very few people and is a conspiracy nut, though his conspiracy theories tend to differ from those of a traditional American conspiracy theorist. When the UN reached to him however, he refused. After spending some time stewing on it, however, he ultimately agreed, deciding that any knowledge acquired through working with O. C. A. M. would be invaluable, and could possibly be used as leverage in the future. He is an oddball, often trying to act cool, but often coming off as unusual. In what little spare time he has, he enjoys playing adventure games and baking. Once in a blue moon he'll sit back and watch cheesy movies. Despite his image, he is a teetotaler, feeling drinking to be an easy way to get oneself into unneeded danger.

HC: Conspiracy Theorist Detective
TA: Can't Trust Anyone

Skills
+4: Infiltration
+3: Alertness, Communication
+2: Driving, Deceit, Provocation, Stealth
+1: Resolve, Marksmanship

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 26, 2015

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I should probably mention that "Infiltration" and "Stealth" have some marked differences, which are not terrifically apparent. (My bad.)

Stealth is a measure of skill at hiding, and moving about, undetected. Naturally, it's intended for characters who wish to remain unnoticed.

Infiltration is a little less obvious. Infiltration measures a character's skill at gaining access using conventional, and unconventional means. Picking locks, sabotaging or bypassing electronic security, small acts of theft, and disguises. There is a fair amount of overlap with other skills of course, but unlike most skills it overlaps with, infiltration rarely requires having tools, or system access, or other specialized resources available. An infiltrator can manually bypass a security keypad with stolen credentials, improvised sabotage, or by convincingly portraying themselves as someone who is authorized to pass. It's a jack of all trades "thief" skill, in a sense.

Duly noted. going to modify my sheet.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm ready!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Yeah I was confused by that. I'll try to come up with something soon but I'm on mobile right now.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Previously, Giovanni had to hunt down and capture a world famous thief.Whenever they thought they had finally caught her, she disappeared with only a cryptic note. But soon, thanks to Giovanni's skill as a codebreaker, they found these messages were actually about where she was going next, and with some know-how and geographic knowledge, they were able to stop her dead in her tracks.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 31, 2015

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Ah, yes. The Cohdopian International Smuggling Ring. They were sending shipments of supplies to Chibayo disguised as squid ink. Grover claimed to have a love for squid ink pasta and would often order a shipment of ink before any big event. Generally the supplies would be weapons and other tools of war considered unethical or otherwise illegal. But every once in a while they would just be squid ink. In my investigation of the ring, I utilized my smooth-talker skills to impersonate a mafioso assigned to oversee the delivery, with the intent to gain information on the . As it turned out, that very shipment was attacked by Lt. Silvers' team! I was able to help them, but was shot in the arm by her before I was able to tell her who I was. She told me it was an accident, but I believe the only accident was that she aimed in the wrong place. I still provided her aid, and this was able to acquire the intel I needed to take them down.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I was, of course, frustrated, when San Fierro escaped. I Don't Know When To Quit, so I've been tracking her and her associate down, since. I was naturally uncertain about the lawyer, but she seemed harmless enough that it seemed reasonable she wouldn't do much to help San Fierro. She was disguised at the time, so it could be any number of people now. What I do know is that the note left in her jail cell contained the lines "Can you hear, can you hear that thunder? You better run, you better take cover.", which suggest she may be somewhere in Australia.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I think I want to make one that encourages avoiding conflict called "Hardly Boiled", maybe a bonus to communication when convincing someone to not get into a fight.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Sorry for the delay. Haven't really found much to add.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Can I just pick up one of the weapons, or do I have to drop items in my inventory?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Just going to grab a more effective weapon to handle the guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

What do I need to do to decode the transmission?

• Locked thread