Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Interested. EDIT: Nevermind that idea.

Agent Layla Pearce

High Concept: MI5 Counter-Terrorism Field Agent

Trouble: Obsessed With Bleeding-Edge Technology

Layla Pearce had been training for field work since her first day after her A-levels. Partially from a love from her country and partially from the myriad of media about spies in the modern day. While she toned down her expectations as to how much excitement she was going to see on a day-to-day basis within a year, she still had the drive and passion in her field work. The big thing was her mental flexibility in the field and showing a good quality for marksmanship. After a few years working directly for MI5, she was suggested for the UN's OCAM team as someone who could help round out any team out in the field.

Likes: New technology, fast cars, gambling, seeing the world, high-end coffee

Dislikes: Paperwork, loud people, her over-protective stepdad (Reginald Worthington), stakeouts, Starbucks

Phase Trio:

My Story: Just One Clue Away
Giovanni's Story: Jet-Setting World Traveler
My Story (Redux):

Skills:
Great (+3): Athletics, Electronics, Resolve
Good (+2): Marksmanship, Alertness, Deceit
Average (+1) Strength, Stealth, Demolitions, Driving, Communications

Stress:
Health: O O O
Stamina: O O O O
Psyche: O O O O

Consequences:
Mild (-2):
Moderate (-4):
Severe (-6):

Stunts:

Just Like A Computer: Can use Electronics instead of Infiltration when dealing with electronic locks and alarms.

Clothes Make The Woman: Gain +2 to creating advantages with Deceit after taking time to get a disguise.

Expert Marksman: +1 to attacks and create an advantage with handguns.

Never Say Never: Once per session, at the cost of a fate point, you can reduce the severity of a moderate mental consequence to a mild consequence (if your mild consequence slot is free), or erase a mild consequence altogether

Gear:

Open Slots: 6

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Hooray. I'm still interested.

Are we doing Phase Trio or something different?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Agent Pearce was working on a joint mission with a handful of EU countries, loosely connected and lead by O.C.A.M. Operation Coastal Lightning was started to try to figure out what was going on with a secret project worked on by the Theta Energy Consortium. Layla was one of the field agents on the task, Codename: Storm Petrel for this mission, where she went in impersonating a RAF defense contractor to get more information. The first week was not very fruitful, with a lot of near misses and fighting over whether there was actually anything worth finding here at all. Layla helped track down the first piece of the puzzle not a day later, noticing a bunch of unusual schematics that were willfully incomplete. The parts put together would make a generator that would hold extremely large amounts of energy but would be forced to discharge it at a dangerous rate.

And then began the fun part..

-----

Not sure what the aspect is going to be, since I'm pretty sure she's not going to go with the Solid Snake style codename as time goes. Then again, she might.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Cameron San Fierro, part criminal genius, part double agent, part giant thorn in my side. The woman can't seem to stay out of trouble and it's always my job to go and rescue her from whatever nonsense she's gotten himself into. She thinks it has some sisterly connotations but I would rather be doing anything but saving her. However, she knows enough secrets that she'd be a bigger problem talking to anyone else. Luckily, being the World Traveler that I am, I managed to play to most of what the Italian police force thought a high-powered lawyer would look like and managed to meet up with Cameron. That's when I met Giovanni for the first time. Giovanni was the only one suspicious of who I was, and we had an extensive talk about practicing international law. Luckily, by the time he found out, I'd already given Cameron her lockpicks and the way out of the police station.

Hope he's still not sore about that. Giovanni's a good person, but I was just doing my job at the time.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 1, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Whoops. Will edit that, turn it into some other sort of annoying something-or-another. Guardian angel? Big sister? Will take care of it.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I was prepared for Dr. Capek to have some tricks up his sleeve for escaping. I was not, however, expecting a vehicle that could both act as a submarine and a hovercraft. There was an exciting chase followed by an exciting explosion of boats into other boats while he continued on land. By the time the medical crew found me, I was in no shape to continue the chase. The mission, however, was a success as far as anyone told me. Whether I was offered the O.C.A.M. position due to my part in the closing down of the project is still unknown, but I'd like to think my competence helped.

Before the official debriefings, I was met by the P S C H Zero One unit in one of the recovery areas. It. Well, he? Probably it. It was a very interesting piece of technology and held a conversation surprisingly well for what amounted to a combat cybernetic unit. I did not divulge much more than the things it already knew, but I will admit trading a few things I shouldn't have for more information about the inner workings of the prototype. When the philosophical questions came, I was amazed at the ability for complex thinking. I knew people from my higher education who couldn't follow some of the cyborg's thinking. I did reassure him, however, that the future was what we made it. Human, cyborg, if we had a choice, we can make a difference in the world. I like to think I'm Making A Difference, One Day at a Time.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

This reminds me, since I started working on stunts. Is anyone on IRC? Do we want to have an IRC channel for this game?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Copied from charsheet:

Just Like A Computer: Can use Electronics instead of Infiltration when dealing with electronic locks and alarms.

Clothes Make The Woman: Gain +2 to creating advantages with Deceit when crafting disguises.

Expert Marksman: +1 to attacks and create an advantage with Marksmanship.

Never Say Never: Once per session, at the cost of a fate point, you can reduce the severity of a moderate mental consequence to a mild consequence (if your mild consequence slot is free), or erase a mild consequence altogether

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Whoops. Was using Fate Core Deceit (which supposedly covers disguises) and forgot that Fight in Atomic Robo was way broader than in this game. Fixed the first to be while is disguise and the second to be with handguns.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Whoops, did not re-read the post, wrote most of that stuff late last night. Just saw the 6 blocks max listed, and didn't bother to read the rest. :smith:

Late night prep-posting needs to be done carefully, not haphazardly.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Quick clarification, can Layla see the guard from where she's currently standing and what would it be to get over there quickly to get the guard not to raise the alarm skill-wise?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Busy weekend, was gonna try to get something up tomorrow. Did we want to split again or just focus on getting up into the tower?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

thelazyblank, what's Layla's goal with the bluff? What does she hope she'll achieve?

Get any information on the security system that will help them get past it. Either the motion detector or something on the electrical box.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Yeah, hopefully it's nothing too serious and you recover quick.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Yeah, I just wanted to get IC just how crazy this group was to start with RE: killing folk.

Who's the closest looking to this guy? I'm quick-posting before jumping into a skype game and can't remember, but is this uniform specific to him or are they all pretty generic?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

These guys all have the same basic uniform. Night-Op blue camo fatigues, black balaclava and tactical gear, and jungle appropriate brown leather combat boots. The ones outside also have a rain poncho on, to keep their equipment dry. Gathering up the uniform is no problem. It fits right over the wetsuits. In terms of physical resemblance, I suppose Giovanni is the closest match, due to his not being a woman or android with non0human head shape. The Chameleon Mask can easily copy Tawfeek's face, sans balaclava, if you'd like. I assumed this is what you had planned.

That was the idea, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

How much ignoring of the problem/obsessing over Psycho would Layla have to do to get the compel?

• Locked thread