Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Please note: this is a club for GBS posters who are looking for friends, not a club for GBS posters who *are* friends. You may attend club functions and socialize with other GBS Friends Club members, but any member who is found to be friends with any other member will be kicked out immediately.

Welcome to the GBS Friends Club! I'm a middle aged white male who likes friends! I hope to make some one day! Preferably a friend who enjoys a moderate amount of alcohol, likes to do a little light hiking and play boardgames. Not a friend who does hard drugs or commits crimes! Who are you and what kind of friend would you like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im kind of a lone wolf

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Could this thread be any more

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
im lookng for a friend who gets blackout drunk so we cant shame each other for whatever hosed up poo poo we talked the night before

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Enfield posted:

im kind of a lone wolf

a ronin....i never thought i'd see one....

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
It's kind of upsetting to me that you're not supposed to hold hands with your friends if you're not romantic with them. Why is that? Holding hands is neat.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I am posting this in hopes of finding someone or a group of someones interested in compiling information, exchanging ideas and interweaving personal connections with the intention of composing a gripping body of work, works or just pure information which demands the attention of anyone who comes across it and posses the ability to absorb it. The premise is simple: understanding, spreading a perspective of consciousness and awareness in a way in which it can be understood by the least among us and applied in this reality to benefit us all. Things of this nature are being done everywhere in various forms, but with narrow areas of focus. I'm advocating a general understanding using reason, feeling, logic, personal experience and scientific/mathematical analysis with an open mind and attitude of intellectual humility/curiosity, this I believe will lead to a broadened perspective in which solutions to more specific areas of concern regarding political, ethical, humanitarian and environmental issues become clear. "If the truth can be told so that it is understood, then it will be believed." If you're told you can't go there, you can't do that, you can't look into this and you shouldn't talk to them then you're probably not going to find truth because the truth doesn't require you believe in it, it is what it is, and it's your experience, no one else has to experience it and maybe no one ever will, but it doesn't make it any less true.

There is obviously something beyond this physical reality and there are ways to prove this beyond a shadow if a doubt. Smoking DMT being the ultimate "proof". When you dream at night your brain releases DMT (we need this, look no further than how people act when they're sleep deprived) which is found in most plants and mammals and with proper chemistry sophistication you could extract it from grass. We all have DMT in us, but what's interesting is that DMT is considered a highly illegal controlled substance. Why is this? Are we all illegal? This alone should tell you something is going on because although you have a DMT trip every night chances are you're never heard of it, this is no epidemic and certainly no abuse issue. It is utterly harmless, has no physiological effects and you'll return to "normal" in less than 15 minutes. The only danger is if you fear "death from astonishment." This isn't a waking dream, this is a doorway to a reality more real than the one we've made out of language and physical matter. People will shoot dope into their veins until they're a walking corpse, outcast and disowned but DMT can't kill you and people do it once and never again because it's that real. What's ironic is once you realize there is a dimension beyond language you feel the overwhelming urge to share that with others, to talk about it... and there lies the dilemma of the artist in all of us, how should or do we express something that can't be English-ed? If it wasn't for the ones who had the courage to explore these places before me and tell of their travels I wouldn't have even known where to begin writing this. As my understanding grows so does my duty and feeling of obligation to spread the knowledge of empowering your own experience because that's the ultimate truth. If you're reading this chances are you're consuming more experience than you're having. Sure watching tv and going to work is an experience or sorts, but is that fulfilling you? That movie or show is someone elses trip, someone elses dream, the job you have is someone elses machine, your experience is as an interchangeable part in this machine and that part isn't you, but you're told it is. That's why you're Wendy the grad-student, Dr. Sue the orthodontist, Linda the business owner, Mike the garbageman, Joe the mechanic, Bob the CEO, congressman, employee, owner, manager, family man, the good citizen, the hard worker etc. This isn't you, this is your ego which we need for reasons like feeding ourselves when hungry and protecting ourselves when in imminent danger. The problem is we've gotten to a state in which we're always hungry for something and we always sense danger, but we don't know what or where it's coming from, it seems to be all around us always and we spend our whole lives in a constant battle of trying to satisfy that hunger and trying to ease the pain and anxiety of living, but the methods used to "ease" pain these days, whatever that pain may be almost always lead away from understanding the bigger picture as you sink into an assembly line like existence. Drink more caffeine, smoke more cigarettes, take more stimulants, work longer, make more money and use that to buy alcohol, sugar, a plasma screen, whatever you need to help you get though your day and if you still feel like you can't keep going go see a docter and they'll put you on some prescription medications and you'll forget all about how meaningless it all seemed as you jump in the rat race full speed never question or even stopping to think about what happens at the end, only thinking about going full speed until then, around and around the hamster wheel, continuing the assembly line like existence. And unlike the natural "assembly lines" of animals, plants and insects working harmoniously in nature we humans, supposedly the most advanced species on this planet can't seem to work or pull it together enough to even begin to save ourselves. This is the viscous cycle that contains all others and most of us will never realize it because we're scared to be alone with out own minds, we're scared to really think and really feel for ourselves because deep down we know something isn't right and deep down we sense that if we dug deep enough, if attempted to dive to the deepest depths of experience we would eventually see, we would understand and then we'd never be able to go back to living this hamster cage, we wouldn't be able to get back on the wheel even if we wanted to. In fact most of us will do all we can to stay on this meaningless wheel because we've been conditioned to be terrified of what lies beyond, we'd rather be enslaved citizens than free organisms. Free organisms build, enslaved citizens destroy and if we don't change soon there will be no one left to build and nothing left to destroy.

Ideas, theories, branches of knowledge and works of various forms which can help to shed light on this include time-wave/novelty theory, the i-ching, fractal mathematics, molecular biology, quantum physics, morphic resonance (collective unconscious), botany and pharmacology, shamanism, plant hallucinogens and all mycelial organisms, Buddhism, Gnosticism, alchemy, astrology, psychology, neurology, anthropology and ideas pertaining to alternate views of history, evolution and consciousness in general. Tying pieces of any of these ideas and all related ideas together is key. There are lessons to be learned and metaphors to use from all ideas, all cultures, all religions and all ways of life. We all have our own perspectives on our own perceived pieces of the puzzle, since understanding is a process that is never finished there's never a time better than the present to start piecing together this never-ending puzzle of existence. What higher purpose or greater fun is there? This can manifest itself in any number of mediums (music, blogs, vlogs, forum posts, radio shows, newspaper articles, school projects, community activities and just hanging out and talking, opening up, sharing, creating) as to reach as many avenues as possible. The less we consume and the more we create the better, eventually those consuming what we create will be inspired and empowered to create and express themselves until momentum is gained towards the empowerment of feeling and experience as to relieve the excruciating pressure from the hearts and minds intertwined at this nexus point in existence. This is crucial because unless we begin to feel, to collectively feel what we are doing to ourselves and our planet then we will slowly but surely succumb to the downward spiraling pull of a robotic and empty existence that is granting the whims of our out of control egos. Our conditioned and contagious excitement in the novelties of the trivial material world followed by our insufferable self-pity, denial and cowardly tendencies when it comes to facing the karma involved in spreading this virus will lead to our downfall. How can we claim to love our children while we lead them faster and faster into an potentially irreversible, hopeless and unimaginable dystopian future? Even if we consider a house, a car, cable tv, a job with benefits and a shopping mall next door the perfect life it should be obvious that we can't all have that, there's not enough resources in the world and eventually there won't be enough resources for anyone to have these things. Is it only then we'll realize we don't need all this? Many of us are actually following the mantra "He who dies with the most toys wins," each new toy just providing a temporary distraction and a deluded image of self-wroth until you're lying on your death bed with nothing to take you away from you as pure emptiness seeps in and you're left wondering what the point of it all was. These thoughts keep me up at night and I want them to keep you up too until you're ready to use whatever tools and gifts you've been blessed with to do something about it. Please share plans, ideas, potential projects and anything which you think could possibly be of use in the spread of this information . If you see a potential business opportunity while still keeping positive intention in all that you do then please contact me. I am seeking the rare kind hearted, business minded, good intentioned, intuitive individual who could potentially use me as a tool or vehicle for the spreading of consciousness. I must "practice what I preach" until there are no more to preach to. I don't need a nice garage to sit in, fancy rims, good system and a flashy paint job, I just need enough gas to keep going, absolutely anything more than that will be given to those less fortunate. I'm like a car who's been working diligently on itself over time, building my engine(mind), maintaining my interior (health) and exterior (physical appearance) so I don't stick out or get scrapped, slowly fixing, tweaking and changing parts until I'm ready to go. Now all I need is a driver with some loving courage because I'm not scared of crashing and burning, in fact the bigger the explosion the better because that explosion could be the spark that catches fire. "Fear is misuse of the imagination and to fear death is to misunderstand life." If you're not trying to save your world what are you doing? Our house is burning down and we're too lazy to check the thermostat. I'm just here to tell you it's about to get really loving hot in this bitch!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
hey just posting to say i dont need this club and i am a strong tough indpenedent person who dont need no body no way

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
so dont try to give me any hugs cause you probably cant and may bounce off of my tough exterior

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
id like my friend to be a tattooed up cool-chick who is painfully hot but laid back. like she leans way back on the couch giggling after a sweet bong rip

then we bang and make children

spot is still open but be quick, wont be forever

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I love everyone suck it op jk love u 2

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

social vegan posted:

I love everyone suck it op jk love u 2

wow....i was relaly all over the emotional map reading this post

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Hey nobody try to tickle me, because I'm not ticklish! Better not even try!

please try

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Inevitable posted:

Please note: this is a club for GBS posters who are looking for friends, not a club for GBS posters who *are* friends.
good. I was worried I would need to have friends! :sweatdrop:

Im looking for a good friend who is up for a little bit of horsing around, maybe some hoop-and-stick, mayble some of the old parcheesi! turkish delight lover is a MUST.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I am posting this in hopes of finding someone or a group of someones interested in compiling information, exchanging ideas and interweaving personal connections with the intention of composing a gripping body of work, works or just pure information which demands the attention of anyone who comes across it and posses the ability to absorb it. The premise is simple: understanding, spreading a perspective of consciousness and awareness in a way in which it can be understood by the least among us and applied in this reality to benefit us all. Things of this nature are being done everywhere in various forms, but with narrow areas of focus. I'm advocating a general understanding using reason, feeling, logic, personal experience and scientific/mathematical analysis with an open mind and attitude of intellectual humility/curiosity, this I believe will lead to a broadened perspective in which solutions to more specific areas of concern regarding political, ethical, humanitarian and environmental issues become clear. "If the truth can be told so that it is understood, then it will be believed." If you're told you can't go there, you can't do that, you can't look into this and you shouldn't talk to them then you're probably not going to find truth because the truth doesn't require you believe in it, it is what it is, and it's your experience, no one else has to experience it and maybe no one ever will, but it doesn't make it any less true.

There is obviously something beyond this physical reality and there are ways to prove this beyond a shadow if a doubt. Smoking DMT being the ultimate "proof". When you dream at night your brain releases DMT (we need this, look no further than how people act when they're sleep deprived) which is found in most plants and mammals and with proper chemistry sophistication you could extract it from grass. We all have DMT in us, but what's interesting is that DMT is considered a highly illegal controlled substance. Why is this? Are we all illegal? This alone should tell you something is going on because although you have a DMT trip every night chances are you're never heard of it, this is no epidemic and certainly no abuse issue. It is utterly harmless, has no physiological effects and you'll return to "normal" in less than 15 minutes. The only danger is if you fear "death from astonishment." This isn't a waking dream, this is a doorway to a reality more real than the one we've made out of language and physical matter. People will shoot dope into their veins until they're a walking corpse, outcast and disowned but DMT can't kill you and people do it once and never again because it's that real. What's ironic is once you realize there is a dimension beyond language you feel the overwhelming urge to share that with others, to talk about it... and there lies the dilemma of the artist in all of us, how should or do we express something that can't be English-ed? If it wasn't for the ones who had the courage to explore these places before me and tell of their travels I wouldn't have even known where to begin writing this. As my understanding grows so does my duty and feeling of obligation to spread the knowledge of empowering your own experience because that's the ultimate truth. If you're reading this chances are you're consuming more experience than you're having. Sure watching tv and going to work is an experience or sorts, but is that fulfilling you? That movie or show is someone elses trip, someone elses dream, the job you have is someone elses machine, your experience is as an interchangeable part in this machine and that part isn't you, but you're told it is. That's why you're Wendy the grad-student, Dr. Sue the orthodontist, Linda the business owner, Mike the garbageman, Joe the mechanic, Bob the CEO, congressman, employee, owner, manager, family man, the good citizen, the hard worker etc. This isn't you, this is your ego which we need for reasons like feeding ourselves when hungry and protecting ourselves when in imminent danger. The problem is we've gotten to a state in which we're always hungry for something and we always sense danger, but we don't know what or where it's coming from, it seems to be all around us always and we spend our whole lives in a constant battle of trying to satisfy that hunger and trying to ease the pain and anxiety of living, but the methods used to "ease" pain these days, whatever that pain may be almost always lead away from understanding the bigger picture as you sink into an assembly line like existence. Drink more caffeine, smoke more cigarettes, take more stimulants, work longer, make more money and use that to buy alcohol, sugar, a plasma screen, whatever you need to help you get though your day and if you still feel like you can't keep going go see a docter and they'll put you on some prescription medications and you'll forget all about how meaningless it all seemed as you jump in the rat race full speed never question or even stopping to think about what happens at the end, only thinking about going full speed until then, around and around the hamster wheel, continuing the assembly line like existence. And unlike the natural "assembly lines" of animals, plants and insects working harmoniously in nature we humans, supposedly the most advanced species on this planet can't seem to work or pull it together enough to even begin to save ourselves. This is the viscous cycle that contains all others and most of us will never realize it because we're scared to be alone with out own minds, we're scared to really think and really feel for ourselves because deep down we know something isn't right and deep down we sense that if we dug deep enough, if attempted to dive to the deepest depths of experience we would eventually see, we would understand and then we'd never be able to go back to living this hamster cage, we wouldn't be able to get back on the wheel even if we wanted to. In fact most of us will do all we can to stay on this meaningless wheel because we've been conditioned to be terrified of what lies beyond, we'd rather be enslaved citizens than free organisms. Free organisms build, enslaved citizens destroy and if we don't change soon there will be no one left to build and nothing left to destroy.

Ideas, theories, branches of knowledge and works of various forms which can help to shed light on this include time-wave/novelty theory, the i-ching, fractal mathematics, molecular biology, quantum physics, morphic resonance (collective unconscious), botany and pharmacology, shamanism, plant hallucinogens and all mycelial organisms, Buddhism, Gnosticism, alchemy, astrology, psychology, neurology, anthropology and ideas pertaining to alternate views of history, evolution and consciousness in general. Tying pieces of any of these ideas and all related ideas together is key. There are lessons to be learned and metaphors to use from all ideas, all cultures, all religions and all ways of life. We all have our own perspectives on our own perceived pieces of the puzzle, since understanding is a process that is never finished there's never a time better than the present to start piecing together this never-ending puzzle of existence. What higher purpose or greater fun is there? This can manifest itself in any number of mediums (music, blogs, vlogs, forum posts, radio shows, newspaper articles, school projects, community activities and just hanging out and talking, opening up, sharing, creating) as to reach as many avenues as possible. The less we consume and the more we create the better, eventually those consuming what we create will be inspired and empowered to create and express themselves until momentum is gained towards the empowerment of feeling and experience as to relieve the excruciating pressure from the hearts and minds intertwined at this nexus point in existence. This is crucial because unless we begin to feel, to collectively feel what we are doing to ourselves and our planet then we will slowly but surely succumb to the downward spiraling pull of a robotic and empty existence that is granting the whims of our out of control egos. Our conditioned and contagious excitement in the novelties of the trivial material world followed by our insufferable self-pity, denial and cowardly tendencies when it comes to facing the karma involved in spreading this virus will lead to our downfall. How can we claim to love our children while we lead them faster and faster into an potentially irreversible, hopeless and unimaginable dystopian future? Even if we consider a house, a car, cable tv, a job with benefits and a shopping mall next door the perfect life it should be obvious that we can't all have that, there's not enough resources in the world and eventually there won't be enough resources for anyone to have these things. Is it only then we'll realize we don't need all this? Many of us are actually following the mantra "He who dies with the most toys wins," each new toy just providing a temporary distraction and a deluded image of self-wroth until you're lying on your death bed with nothing to take you away from you as pure emptiness seeps in and you're left wondering what the point of it all was. These thoughts keep me up at night and I want them to keep you up too until you're ready to use whatever tools and gifts you've been blessed with to do something about it. Please share plans, ideas, potential projects and anything which you think could possibly be of use in the spread of this information . If you see a potential business opportunity while still keeping positive intention in all that you do then please contact me. I am seeking the rare kind hearted, business minded, good intentioned, intuitive individual who could potentially use me as a tool or vehicle for the spreading of consciousness. I must "practice what I preach" until there are no more to preach to. I don't need a nice garage to sit in, fancy rims, good system and a flashy paint job, I just need enough gas to keep going, absolutely anything more than that will be given to those less fortunate. I'm like a car who's been working diligently on itself over time, building my engine(mind), maintaining my interior (health) and exterior (physical appearance) so I don't stick out or get scrapped, slowly fixing, tweaking and changing parts until I'm ready to go. Now all I need is a driver with some loving courage because I'm not scared of crashing and burning, in fact the bigger the explosion the better because that explosion could be the spark that catches fire. "Fear is misuse of the imagination and to fear death is to misunderstand life." If you're not trying to save your world what are you doing? Our house is burning down and we're too lazy to check the thermostat. I'm just here to tell you it's about to get really loving hot in this bitch!

glad to help

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Inevitable posted:

Hey nobody try to tickle me, because I'm not ticklish! Better not even try!

please try
If any body wants they can try to tickle me!! Go ahead! :rolleyes:

I loving hate being tickled

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

wow friendzoned before i even tried :(

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm a lonely but young & cute tranni looking for friend :) Please

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Irrational Bees posted:

I'm a lonely but young & cute tranni looking for friend :) Please
If you can read numbers you can hop scotch with us friend

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

a hole-y ghost posted:

If you can read numbers you can hop scotch with us friend

Get the gently caress out of this club.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:qq:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

The rules were clearly stated. On your way "friend-o".

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The world is a harsh place for semi literate friends :(

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm tickling everyone consensually just to test the waters

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I dont wanna be your friend.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'll be friends with all of you

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Brule is amazing.

I would totally be brules friend.

Not the OP. What a foney bologna.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What do you consider a "hard drug" OP ?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Aubergine Mage posted:

I'll be friends with all of you

No you loving won't. You can't be friends with anyone in this club! loving GET OUT

psyopmonkey posted:

I dont wanna be your friend.

Welcome to the GBS Friend Club Psyopsmonkey! Why not post a friendly selfie to celebrate?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Inevitable posted:

No you loving won't. You can't be friends with anyone in this club! loving GET OUT

Welcome to the GBS Friend Club Psyopsmonkey! Why not post a friendly selfie to celebrate?

You suck.

Dicks.

You suck on mens flaccid penises.

Basically, im letting you know that I think youre lame.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hey buds, just chimin' in to say i'm happy to see people being cool and making friends. that's ridiculously cool. i consider you all friends anyway but i'm glad there's a thread for this.

Aug 4, 2010

hello i am looking for girl friends

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Looking for friend to get an ice cream cone with and maybe charge our crystals

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

psyopmonkey posted:

You suck.

Dicks.

You suck on mens flaccid penises.

Basically, im letting you know that I think youre lame.

That's fine. It takes all kinds to make a GBS Friends Club. :cool:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Heard this club has a Kuato already, my fear is its a no Kuato's club though.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Kuato posted:

Heard this club has a Kuato already, my fear is its a no Kuato's club though.

Kuatos are welcome!

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Gatekeeper posted:

hey buds, just chimin' in to say i'm happy to see people being cool and making friends. that's ridiculously cool. i consider you all friends anyway but i'm glad there's a thread for this.

JESUS loving CHRIST THERE IS LITERALLY ONE RULE IN THIS CLUB

GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Hey jus looking for a partner to go halfsies on a twizzler lady in the tramp style

• Locked thread