Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

hell awaits was a much much much better album than reign in blood, imo it's just behind peace sells in the hierarchy of best "big 4" thrash albums

it's ridiculous how many bands stole riffs from hell awaits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
charlie don't cheat

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the gravity blast part on the sod version of milk is like a decade and a half ahead of its time

charlie at his peak arguably was the fastest dude on the planet

Micromancer posted:

wait I was wrong I do like one other entire Slayer album.

Undisputed Attitude.

their best album not even kidding

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

they forgot one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCBV6o_DSE

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

sodom's in the sign of evil or sarcofago's inri is the best thrash album probs

i'd probably go with inri or spectrum of death. maybe bestial devastation in a pinch just for antichrist

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
pantera's the one mainstream band which didn't pretend that their fans were anything other than gas huffing trailer trash, which is commendable

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I never realized this before, but now it makes perfect sense. Pantera knew their fans didn't give a crap about political messages or trying to support noble causes, they just wanted to get drunk and/or high and bang their head to some loud angry music after being shot down by the cute girl who works at the gas station :black101:

i was thinking more this but yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajiRIwX4xA

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Relin posted:

anthrax likes anime so are they really that cool

of course theres a huge overlap among the anime and metal communities

indeed

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
he died from liver failure because he got all depressed after he couldn't play guitar and drank himself to death

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Deathface posted:

no no hanneman died, king is still kicking it.

:laffo:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the second biggest mistake slayer made after screwing over dave lombardo was not hiring proscriptor from absu because he was "too aggressive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8YvaSaNqE

also he tore the poo poo out of vinny paul's drum kit

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
what's that slayer song that starts off with tom yelling "barbecue!"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

a retard posted:

the only redeeming thing about st anger is that if you like slam the snares are loving sick

iirc all lars did was take the snares off instead of using a piccolo snare like in slam

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
mark mcgrath was butt buddies with riki rachtman but i'm not sure if that qualifies someone as metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i have it ain't that great

i mean, they're no mucky pup

• Locked thread