Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

Ester is dead man

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
I thought esters was some wine thing

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you do anything but drink your beer and then look for another you're loving up p much

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I dunno what ester is its just the point that gently caress you if you treat drinking beer like it's an idiot taste test session

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
2015 Chocolate Rain by the Bruery is an 18.4% ABV Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels with TCHO Cacao Nibs and Vanilla Beans.

Label:

MAKE IT RAIN

This decadent version of Black Tuesday is proudly brewed with TCHO cacao nibs.

Chocolate Rain began as a single cask of beer at our very first release event for Black Tuesday back in 2009 and now has a storied history of its own. This ale will age gracefully if cellared properly but will be the most prominent when consumed fresh.

==Introduction==

2015 Chocolate Rain is finally out for preservation society as well as the other societies. If you have not read my last years review of the beer, well, after analyzing this one, I found it to be just as awesome and rich. This beer along with Black Tuesday, White Chocolate, Wineification, Mocha Wednesday and Grey Monday are some of the best beers I have ever had. Cheers!

Aromas:

All the fragrances of the chocolate rainbow, dark, white, Belgian, German, sweet, bitter, milk, fudge and baker’s. I may have missed a couple others. Bourbon, Dulce de leche caramel, vanilla, toasted coconut, choco flan, crème brulee, hazel nuts, pecan pie, dark fruits, raisins, figs, plums, raspberries, cherries, almond joy, rocky road, leche nestle sweetened condenced milk, fudge cake, coffee, mocha, Rocky road Ice cream, oreo and chocolate chip cookies, molasses, oak, earthy notes and brown sugar.

Flavors:

The utter definition of CHOCOLATE! Sweet, Belgian, dark, white, German, milk, fudge, bakers, bourbon whiskey, oak, vanilla, choco flan, dulce de leche caramel, crème brulee, toasted coconut, chocolate covered cherries, dark fruits, raisins, figs, plums, raspberries, almond joy, hazelnuts, pecan pie, tobacco, leather, fudge brownies, raisins, rocky road ice cream, mocha, coffee, brown sugar, oreo cookie, chocolate chips, oatmeal, Kahlua, chocolate covered funnel cake, milk shake, black currants, roasted cashews, tootsie roll candy, “Willy Wonka ain’t got nothing on this Chocolate Rain” flavors!…I ran out of things to describe this epicness…

Aftertaste:

Lingering chocolate, vanilla, caramel, dark fruits, brown sugar, bourbon, white fudge, chocolate fudge and more and more sugar! The alcohol is very little in the taste, but for all its worth, it doesn’t detract from any of the flavors at all and since it is 19-20% alcohol, It is in no way harsh. Sure it is a sipping beer, a dangerously sipping beer because it also has elements of smoothness. It does feel warm going down too. JEEZUUZ YES!!!. Very syrupy mouth feel, like I had mentioned in my previous review of this, boozy chocolate syrup.

Overall:

One of the top best sugary boozy chocolate syrups, I mean beers. Ever! Like I said before, there is nothing I can say about this beer but utter heaven! It could be overkill if placed in ice cream but hey, if you want Dat Dia-bee-tus! Watch out now. No joke, it is pretty sugary and utter bliss. DO NOT DRINK THIS BOTTLE IN ONE SITTING!!, if you enjoy beers, even if it is the only one you will drink for the rest of the night, don’t do yourself the dissatisfaction. This is really a great beer and should be enjoyed a few sips at a time. Chocolate Rain!! Some stay sober, while other feel the bliss….

Anime Corner:

Yoruichi Shihouin from Bleach was used in this pairing, even from the last time I tried Chocolate Rain for many reasons, aside from the fact that she is one of my favorite anime characters of all time. For starters, in the original Chocolate Rain pictures for my last review, I wanted to describe that Yoruichi as the bringer of the rain since was given a Native American outfit and she was doing a dance to make it rain, rain chocolate!! Her attitude is very caring for her friends but at the same time feisty and very seductive (Lucius Chocolate Rainbow and Vanilla added). She is one of the fastest and strongest characters in Bleach (alcohol due to Bourbon). She is a Princess but was aldo the leader of Onmitsukidō, the Secret Mobile Unit/Corps, Special Forces or Covert Ops. In other words, bad rear end ninja! (Alcohol undetected, hidden, hits ya hard later on). In fact, she is so bad rear end she took down several ninjas in a matter of seconds. She also has Flash speed (Shunpo) and Shunko or Flash cry (Lightning based attacks)! Which describes Chocolate Rain’s aspect of smooth drinking and you can’t have Rain without lightning. Her sexy and seductive properties can all be described above in the aromas and overall flavors of the beer. Even her outfit and being show the dark fruit flavors, the chocolate, the vanilla, the caramel, the nutty, way more. There is so much more I can go on and on about Yoruichi being the perfect pairing for this beer it ain’t even funny…

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
i drink beer all the time and have never heard this word before

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
beer is either good, or good

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

no esters on my ingredients list

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

i'll sulfite you in the nose.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

jackyl posted:

unless it has so much hops it tastes like a rusty rear end in a top hat

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
corona

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I just drank a bunch of lucky lager

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Al Nipper posted:

unless it has so much hops it tastes like a rusty rear end in a top hat

this is a solid point, idiot ipa fuckre are in the "my beer has fluted notes of fagotry" review

feller
Jul 5, 2006

jackyl posted:

your indiana av fits your post v well

hick idiot

naem
May 29, 2011

On ester jesu com bac fro the de

feller
Jul 5, 2006

hickiot

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Omelette du Fromage posted:

your indiana av fits your post v well

hick idiot

don't u know who I am????!!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

so reported for image leeching

also being older than the sun

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Pretty sure this is made from rice and rear end, but the price is good.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

West SAAB Story posted:

so reported for image leeching

also being older than the sun

boy I taught yo mama how to wash her underwear

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

gnarlyhotep posted:

boy I taught yo mama how to wash her underwear

Dyeee-Knowww-MIIITEEE!

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Science is gay

and so am I

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rapman the Cook posted:

Pretty sure this is made from rice and rear end, but the price is good.

liter cans ftw

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Don't pester me with esters

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Otto von Ruthless posted:

i drink beer all the time and have never heard this word before

Esters are a type of chemicals that usually taste and smell fruity; many of the artificial fruit flavors are esters. Some types of beer have enough of them to be noticeable. I think the best example are wheat beers - esters are the reason some of them have a bit of a fruity (banana?) aftertaste.

I mean "hurr knowing things is gay".

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Computer viking posted:

Esters are a type of chemicals that usually taste and smell fruity; many of the artificial fruit flavors are esters. Some types of beer have enough of them to be noticeable. I think the best example are wheat beers - esters are the reason some of them have a bit of a fruity (banana?) aftertaste.

I mean "hurr knowing things is gay".

Craft beers are for hipsters and gays, confirmed.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you drink beer, fat

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
211 steel reserve -- breakfast of champions :henget:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I think ester is next weekend.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Also women named Esther are universally insufferable

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
i actually don't know any gays that are into craft beers (sometimes they'll have a mill st organic lager or something). mostly it's just the clear liquors

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I have 8 heady toppers in my fridge and I think they say something about hop esters or something on the can.

EDIT: Nope talks about hop resins.

EDIT2: I don't drink beer so I just use it for cooking sometimes.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 28, 2015

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
americans aren't used to esters in our cheap rear end beer but everybody else wants them especially the british and belgians but not the mexicans and germans except in weiss beer where the germans do want them. the story of esters

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I only drink beer that costs $30 a six pack and thus I am limited to two or three bars around the world.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Can someone summon that craft beer douche who works in a brewery in Colorado and tells everyone their beer sucks and tastes like piss.

Lol, he actually knows what piss tastes like. :fap:

Edit: somewhere in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3470054&perpage=40&pagenumber=801#pti10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

w/e

u gay

This is fine discourse. Smashing!

• Locked thread