Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What about legs that go all the way up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I gather from this and the season thread that this show is about an anime lady who brushes her teeth as we all should at least twice a day, and who is DTF. Is that an accurate assessment?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The first episode was reasonably fun and I'll give it a couple more, but don't even try to kid yourselves that it's not a harem show at its core. Make your peace with that and that some dudes on the internet will make fun of you for it if you like it and move on. If we're lucky, maybe it'll make a point of how dumb the whole "Protect a girl/show her your strength and she will fall in love with you" thing is, given that it's already an inversion of that from the start, and that all the ladies crushing on him so far are doing so for reasons unrelated to that.

Of course, this is still an anime/manga and Japan is still Japan, so I'm certain nothing at all will come of that and it will just be the usual. At least his goal is being able to stand next to her, I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

Even if it's not (i immediately thought of it too), the time is ripe for carameldansen v.2 to sweep the 'net. Now with 100% more teeth-brushin'.

An animeme that could finally do some good for the world.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

I haven't actually read the books, but really all I want out of this show is for it to avoid the usual skeevy bullshit. Nothing wrong with a simple, casual show.

The first episode alone should probably be enough to tell you that's not going to happen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

What? There wasn't any toxic, abusive relationships or thinly veiled pedophilia in the first episode. Aside from Hestia's ridiculous outfit the fanservice was pretty subdued, too. I don't really see what was so bad about it as far as harem shows go.

If that's what you meant then yeah it seems like it should be pretty much clean. It's sometimes hard to tell what people's metrics for skeeziness are around here.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

New episode was dumb. The intrigue was interesting, but the show is too obsessed with shoving Hestia in our face and it's really goddamn grating. The rest of the episode was either bland or dumb. Probably just gonna drop off here.

If only we had not lost Dick Spacious, he would be here to make the obvious joke.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

bubblegumbo0 posted:

If Richard was still alive, he would've made a critical and thought provoking social commentary about this current Blue Ribbon fanart mania.

https://twitter.com/geta6/status/586124923149496321

This is it. We've reached the peak of human civilization.

If only Mr. Spacious could've been here to see it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Horizontal Tree posted:

I feel like this thread needs to be made aware of this: http://hestia.dance/

For some reason I was half expecting Rules of Nature over that gif, but the actual song it has works just as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Except I'm not and I wish Hestia had died at the end of the episode like I though she did. What a shame she didn't.

The tsun is strong in this one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CrazySalamander posted:

It evidently has a sequel.

I have never read nor will I ever read either of those books or any others in the series, but I am on a deep, spiritual level glad that they exist. They are what god would write if god wrote books.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm cool with the whole series never getting terribly serious and staying pretty much completely lighthearted. Also Ganesha is cool and I thought the fight with the silverback was good, which bodes well for any later fights.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"Shortstack" is a very appropriate nickname for Hestia. Kudos to whoever thought it up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mods please change my name to "Shortstack goddess".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Probably the evils of immigrants or something, if I remember the Dail Mail's political leaning correctly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Nope. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean either because the context doesn't really give much.

I liked this episode a lot. A lot less dumb harem antics (it probably helped that Hestia had only 30 seconds of screen time) which they replaced with Bell gettin' a shiny new armor set that looks pretty rad, a new character that wasn't annoying, and an interesting twist added to an existing character.

Yo don't be hating on Shortstack. She's fun and brings a lot of energy to the show. Also "a lot less dumb harem antics" is kind of the opposite of what actually happened in this episode.

Anyway, Bell's armor looks cool, but the green bracer clashes pretty badly. I hope that's a sign that he'll be in the classic MMO clown suit by the end of the show.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bell has mastered his dodge roll skill.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I look forward to the large amount of :< next episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think I'm going to follow through on my terrible idea. My sewing skills should be up to the task. However, official art of Hestia is impossible to find amidst the sea of fan art. Anyone have any decent official art or links to said? I'd especially like a decent image of the dress's rear that doesn't emphasize Hestia's so much.

If you're doing it, you should be prepared to go all in. Emphasize that rear.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MadHat posted:

The name is escaping me but that is the gist of it with a Caveat that its effectiveness is tied to how hard Bell works towards his Goal, that goal being strong enough to stand as an Equal with Sword Girl.[So he can ask her out]

The irony being that she and every girl after Bell except Freya basically couldn't care less about how strong he is.

Also new guy is cool. I like that he doesn't have some huge, super tragic history, at least as far as has been shown.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Are we watching the same show? Because pretty much every episode has fuckloads of fanservice.

Goons being in denial is nothing new.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dan7el posted:

Also, Hermes is obviously after something. What is it?

Judging by the rest of the show, Bell probably.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huh. So Ryu is a literal mass murderer. Didn't see that one coming.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I would actually rather Bell never have to rescue Ais because that would be lame.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mythological gods, especially those from the Greek pantheon, are also well known for their reasonable and rational reactions to things.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

You're just saying that because at pretty much any time she could have told Bell that she's DTF, which would solved a very large number of her problems. Particularly if she had done this well before Episode 1 when he found some other girl. Its not like this was ambiguous even in flashbacks to stuff well before Episode 1, she's just a big fucken wuss for no real reason despite being a literal deity.

Bell is obviously an even bigger wuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hestia needs to get some tips from Zeus and turn into a duck or whatever like he always does.

• Locked thread