Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
General engine theory question pertaining to my scooter. I'm asking here because you guys are smarter.

When I deleted my airbox I lost the connector for the PCV line that runs from my valve cover to the airbox intake pre-carb. Most people just run it up high and forget about it or use a catch can. I happen to have a spare vacuum connector sitting on my intake manifold POST-carb. Is there any engineering reason why I couldn't just go ahead and run the PCV into the intake manifold? Could it cause air mixture issues? Is there a reason not to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
Pre-carb is always atmospheric pressure (well OK really slight vacuum), post-carb is going to be under vacuum when the throttle closes. It'll vacuum up the the crankcase and you'll get a blue smokescreen. It'll be neato!

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Boo. Makes sense though. Thanks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I assume you've put some kind of pancake filter or something on it? Why can't you just fit a takeoff to the underside of that for the breather?

• Locked thread