Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Smells give off mass? This would have been a great fad diet thread in YLLS!

'Goon discovers one weird trick to weight loss, coworkers hate him!'

'I'm TRYING to lose weight, MOM! I wouldn't expect you to know science' says a goon who hasn't showered in weeks, despite the intense meat sweats that develop every time he pops open a brand new bag of fatty jerky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Johnny Aztec posted:

Please make an effort thread. I wanna read about this kinda of stuff

I don't actually know a ton about the details, I don't work in the department that has most of knowledge & research on that matter and I'm probably quitting at the end of next month so I probably won't be around to learn much more :goleft:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Yeah its cool when you smell poo poo you're actually inhaling poo poo particles or airborne fecal bateria.

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
If I poo poo in the woods, and there's no one around to smell it, does the poo poo have any mass? Did I even poo poo at all?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
a better question would be "does someone's smelliness increase with his/her mass"?
now, let's discuss linear and exponential correlation in this scenario

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nonazis posted:

If I poo poo in the woods, and there's no one around to smell it, does the poo poo have any mass? Did I even poo poo at all?

why would you poo poo in the woods when someone was around?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
what does a solid fart look like?

makes you think

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
*Smelly dude farts as he tips fedora*

m'assy

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
if you put a cup of ice water in the fridge, how come the ice doesn't melt and flow all out of the cup???????

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

if you put a cup of ice water in the fridge, how come the ice doesn't melt and flow all out of the cup???????

it does if you don't pay your power bill.
:(

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

what does a solid fart look like?

makes you think

It looks like poop which is what it is

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

lorn Wayne posted:

a better question would be "does someone's smelliness increase with his/her mass"?

Most likely because there's more surface area to give off smell, but the surface area to body size ratio is smaller, so they get hotter and sweat more. Moreover, it's harder for a fat person to clean themselves.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
This is a frozen fart, methane clathrate.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

concerned mom posted:

No post here I'm gunning for that top thread award.

voted 5

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why would you poo poo in the woods when someone was around?

How I choose to earn a living is none of your concern.

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011

this is actually bullshit, farting makes you weigh more, it's like letting the air out of a hot air balloon

BIG BIC SQUAD
Jan 24, 2015

lorn Wayne posted:

Yes, because nasty poo poo gets trapped between their rolls of fat

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
considering even loving sound has gravitational pull I would say yes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

gently caress the mods posted:

considering even loving sound has gravitational pull

For real?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
When i was like 12 or something I read some Star Wars book that had a part that was Luke in some lovely place and the book was like "Luke could smell all this horrible animal poo poo everywhere and he knew that because he could smell it, particles of it were now in his nose" and I'm like oh thanks Star Wars book for making me realize everything I smell is in my goddamn body that's wonderful.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Do you lose mass by giving off body heat?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
people farting on the bus/train are the wrost loving humans ever

Why would you do that you loving oval office? We're jammed in a metal box, don't spray your gross gas on everyone else man

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

people farting on the bus/train are the wrost loving humans ever

Why would you do that you loving oval office? We're jammed in a metal box, don't spray your gross gas on everyone else man

That's the best place to let it rip, nobody will ever figure out who it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

The Dennis System posted:

Do you lose mass by giving off body heat?

Essentially you lose mass at every nanosecond you dont eat/drink/inject stuff, due to constant unstoppable degeneration of all things in this universe.

• Locked thread