Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
my god

MY GOD

WHAT IS GOING INTO MY CHIPOTLE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I only eat authentic taco bell XXL burritos thank you very much.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

ninotoreS posted:

Chipotle is for people that are embarrassed to go to taco bell

edit: Panera Bread is very good. Their sandwiches are a bit overpriced, though. Soups are great, and better priced.

not really, yes, not really

I mean, Panera Bread's competition are places like McAlister's and Nixon's Deli. Panera is better, and it's not very close unless serving size is your main concern, fatty

oh sorry, I forgot to consider what might be available in a post apocalyptic southern hellhole with some lovely sandwich places i've never heard of

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

oh sorry, I forgot to consider what might be available in a post apocalyptic southern hellhole with some lovely sandwich places i've never heard of

lol if you live in some shithole that doesn't have a Panera.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's easy to understand the appeal
-place for white people who are too terrified to read spanish menu or who don't like kickass taqueria murals
-Good marketing tapping into all the leftist buzzwords like GMO free and locally sourced

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

etalian posted:

-Good marketing tapping into all the leftist buzzwords like GMO free and locally sourced

does chipotle actually use those marketing terms because they were owned by mcdonalds at one point lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

does chipotle actually use those marketing terms because they were owned by mcdonalds at one point lol

yup they make a big deal how the animals are humanely raised, GMO free food and also how all the ingredients are locally sourced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUtnas5ScSE

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

i actually got hungry for chipotle after reading this thread and tried to go there for lunch but there was a line of like 100 white people wrapped out into the street so i passed.

white people love chipotle.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

etalian posted:

white people who are too terrified to read spanish menu

You just might be the dumbest of them all

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

mintskoal posted:

i actually got hungry for chipotle after reading this thread and tried to go there for lunch but there was a line of like 100 white people wrapped out into the street so i passed.

white people love chipotle.

Interesting that you feel the need to bring race into your anecdote

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

lol you're so "race blind"

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

notZaar posted:

it was pretty obvious that every person in line was indeed white so i was simply making an observation. no need to get all upset.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
this thread made me want chipotle even though I've never actually had it before :shrug:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

October Revolution posted:

this thread made me want chipotle even though I've never actually had it before :shrug:

With everything it's around 1300 calories before adding chips and a drink.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Simple fact is chipolte is on par with most lovely mexican restrauntes. The only part of the country with legit mexican food is southern California. All these taco shops east of the mississippi are about taco bell level anyways.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I only eat authentic taco bell XXL burritos thank you very much.

if youve never had an authentic mexican quesarito unlike the fake imitation AMERCANIZED gar-bage they try and pass off at taco bell then ur truly a loving inferior human being

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

cool that means I can eat once and spend the rest of my valuable hours doing other things like shitposting

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Chipotle seems okay, I didn't like it the two times I had it but I don't begrudge anyone who likes it.

That's my opinion, see you guys next week in the Shoney's thread.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

Gotta eat big to get big

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I got a burrito from chipotle big enough to gently caress like a fleshlight.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
lol what the gently caress do u even eat at panera bread that place has fucken lil nerd pissbitch food lmaoooo

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

the only press I hear about Chipotle is cool dudes telling everyone how much they definitely don't like Chipotle because it's so overrated.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

synftw posted:

i'm a Moe's kinda guy

"Welcome to Moe's!"

Moe's somehow manages to both cost more and taste worse than Chipotle, it's really kind of amazing

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I know it's trendy to bitch about but of the "upper tier" fast food places, Chipotle is one of the btter ones. Moe's is crap. Panera Bread is crap. Dunno what the others are in this weird class of restaurant but I'm probably missing a few.

The people itt who say they dislike it just because it isn't "authentic" Mexican food are loving idiots. It's a fast food American restaurant owned by McDonald's of course it isn't authentif. If you don't like it for some other reason, it's prboably valid though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

thathonkey posted:

I know it's trendy to bitch about but of the "upper tier" fast food places, Chipotle is one of the btter ones. Moe's is crap. Panera Bread is crap. Dunno what the others are in this weird class of restaurant but I'm probably missing a few.

I like Qdoba, they have those burritos where they just slather melted cheese all over everything. It's pretty ace

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

thathonkey posted:

The people itt who say they dislike it just because it isn't "authentic" Mexican food are loving idiots. If you don't like it for some other reason, it's prboably valid though.

fast casual is the term. the habit and waba grill both go in this category.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Borneo Jimmy posted:

lovely service, overrated overpriced salty burritos, and apparently they print awful essays by Judd Apatow on their cups and bags, seriously why do people go there?

I've never gotten diarrhea from Chipotle, which is not something I can say for most Mexican restaurants or taco trucks. It's also convenient.

Of course it's not the best though it's fast food.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Someone got me a burrito form Chipotle once and I had to throw it out because it tasted like nothing and it made me feel like I was eating dog food for humans.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Whole Internet posted:

I've never gotten diarrhea from Chipotle, which is not something I can say for most Mexican restaurants or taco trucks. It's also convenient.

Of course it's not the best though it's fast food.

it's fast casual food, basically a niche between fast food and a more sit down restaurant type place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_casual_restaurant

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I've only eaten at Qdoba once and it was really late at night but it was even worse than Moe's. A lot of people seem to like it though so I will try it again some day I guess. Not gonna go out of my way or anything but :shrug:

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

fast casual is the term.

ah yes, thank you.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thathonkey posted:

I've only eaten at Qdoba once and it was really late at night but it was even worse than Moe's. A lot of people seem to like it though so I will try it again some day I guess. Not gonna go out of my way or anything but :shrug:

ah yes, thank you.

when the republicans had their brilliant planning sessions during the shutdown, they got all their meals from Qdoba.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Everything is terrible poo poo and we should all kill ourselves

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
gbs is loving gay

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
chipotle's alright

i don't get the false dichotomy between it and legitimate mexican places, they serve different things and the burritos at each are totally different

chipotle is good when you need a quick lunch and don't feel like going out of your way to get it. chipotle: walking distance from my office. legitimate mexican: a few miles away. and i'm not even in the mood for legitimate mexican all the time. plus the legit mexican place had the local health department comment "it seems like they have never heard of food safety" when they performed their inspection.

goons are basically giant fuckin' babies if they think it tastes bad, it's totally fine

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

Making that rice is easy as gently caress and is pretty much just stirring lime juice and cilantro into rice hth

lmao yea i'm gonna mix up cilantro lime rice at my desk at work and roll up a burrito from scratch, that's totally gonna happen while i'm at lunch

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Burrito update: I just ate a chicken and black bean burrito for dinner.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ashgromnies posted:

chipotle's alright

i don't get the false dichotomy between it and legitimate mexican places, they serve different things and the burritos at each are totally different

chipotle is good when you need a quick lunch and don't feel like going out of your way to get it. chipotle: walking distance from my office. legitimate mexican: a few miles away. and i'm not even in the mood for legitimate mexican all the time. plus the legit mexican place had the local health department comment "it seems like they have never heard of food safety" when they performed their inspection.

goons are basically giant fuckin' babies if they think it tastes bad, it's totally fine

I remember reading a fun article on how most street food in mexico has e coli.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

I remember reading a fun article on how most street food in mexico has e coli.

uh so does poop who cares :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:
jasons deli is the best fast casual place...

drat i nede to go to jasons deli tomorrow

• Locked thread