Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Raw tomorrow will be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Brock Lesnar is cool because he legit kills people and gets crowds to count his suplexes

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I watched it with a chat and we all agreed we all saw the Rollins' cash in coming AFTER the match.

It happening during the match threw us all off and was perfect.
I heard his music and it still took me several seconds to put together it was Rollins' music and what was going on

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Paulocaust posted:

For those of you who are excited because that was a really good wrestlemania, may I remind you last years was also really good and the product sucked rear end for a literal year straight afterward
Yeah Raw will probably be good tomorrow and then I dont anticipate anything good on TV

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can I just say I think Reigns deserves some props for his part in the main? I'm pretty sure some of that was at least quasi-shoot (dude lost a tooth, wrecked Brock's eye, and Brock ragdolled the gently caress out of him for like 15 minutes), and Reigns did that for ostensibly nothing, and I bet he was the first one to hug Seth in the back.

But yeah IMO the visual of him SMILING at Lesnar even as he was getting murdered was the coolest thing he's done in ages, and I honestly hope the Roman hate dies down some now that he took that beating and didn't win.
I think a lot of that stuff "didnt work" because Reigns was sort of forced into a heel role with the crowd not liking him but he was doing totally babyface things. So groggily laughing things off was a good thing to do overall. I thought he did a good job of coming back from crazy poo poo while not no-selling or doing like wink-at-the-camera stuff. It goes a long way to reversing his fan reaction but I think he really needs some sort of shift in his character, at the very least get your own song and a gear change or something. All the other guys in the shield changed so it strikes me as weird

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

It would go a long way if Reigns was put in a position to pull out more offensive stuff. He worked in the Shield because he only had like two minutes of his signature spots and he worked tonight because thats all the offense Lesnar let him have anyway. When he has to have an overly offensive match with Big Show or whatever poo poo doesnt work

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

zakharov posted:

What do people think DB's future is now? I thought they might keep the title on Brock and elevate the IC as a stand-in top belt, but now I have no idea.
Best case scenario, have solid matches with good midcard guys. Worst and probable case, lose a lot

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

I feel like the only reason Big Show won was because they wanted to have his name on the Andre trophy before he retires.
That trophy should get destroyed every year or there is no justice

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I'm having a hard time thinking of the last time WWE had a conniving sneaky heel at all. Usually its just pricks who lose a lot, or last year pricks who beat Daniel Bryan with the help of corporate owner heels

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

zakharov posted:

Honest question, I haven't watched much until relatively recently, but doesn't Rollins fit the bill?
Of course but I mean before him

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Like it is cool classic booking to have a dude who gets beat in a straight match but uses lackeys and DQs and tricks to worm his way into title reigns and then takes a long time to get his comeuppance. I have no idea why they don't use it as often

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

I am excited to see how they keep Brock from murdering everyone and getting his belt back.

Brock doesn't need the title so that is one storyline I look forward to.
I am excited I get to see Brock for three more years

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

zakharov posted:

I was honestly disappointed by Bray/Taker and I wonder how much of it was Bray's injury. The pace just seemed interminably slow.
Taker really cannot go anymore. He was selling everything like death because he was visibly gassed

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

Am I the only one who felt the HHH/Rousey bit lasted a thousand years? It was worse than the Undertaker match, which never got off the blocks, but it felt like they paused 40 seconds after every sentence.
I think it was played off like the ending to it would be surprising even though you could see everything coming from a mile away. Also I really hate when WWE talk about "making a wrestlemania moment" like its the loving MTV Awards and theyre just forcing all their "surprises"

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I originally thought they should group Roman and Rollins for a little while but keep Ambrose face. After this though probably not but it would be best to get Roman heel again

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Sigma posted:

Look at Brock Lesnar early-2000s versus Lesnar today. He went from a dozen power moves and a half dozen kinds of suplexes to two power moves, two suplexes, and his finisher. That is the current main event style, like it or not.
Brock doesnt need a moveset because he legit kills people. Roman doesnt do anything but his three moves and punches and stuff. Brock throws people like ragdolls

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Niwrad posted:

I thought it was cool how Rollins didn't go for the pin on Lesnar after the first curbstomp. Like he just knew it wouldn't work. He had to do another.
Yeah and even then "uhhhh should I pin him? it probably still wouldnt work Ill pin the other guy"

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

The Landstander posted:

Oh and not to bring this one up again but since I mentioned it - I agree that Big Show won a meaningless battle royal. But I think him winning it kind of defines it as meaningless y'know? Like, if Mizdow had won, it would've been a nice burst of momentum and a cool moment that the crowd really really wanted. Instead...the Big Show won, so, :geno:.
I dont mind Mizdow not winning because in a way the crowd gets behind him more. But man I wish Kane and Big Show were gone years ago

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

If you havent been ignoring Raw already I am very sorry for you

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Sting felt really wasted overall to me. He was killer at working the crowd and was perfectly fine on offense outside of his lazy deathlock

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Niwrad posted:

He should have gotten a Mania match against Miz. Wouldn't have needed to be long or anything, but for all the great work he's done he deserved a real match on the main card.
I really hope they have their match at Extreme Rules because theyll probably drag it out long enough just on TV as it is

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Does anyone else wonder if Roman told Brock he wanted to work stiff in order to make it look better? It really felt like they were close to legit brawling in the beginning and I could see it being Roman's idea because I buy him being a prideful dude who'd be willing to take an rear end-beating for the sake of the show.

Agreed 100%, I've said this to multiple people. WWE really did book everything about that main flawlessly. I seriously think I heard some cheers for him by the end and I don't think it was just the mic'ing.
Its very clear Brock can take liberties with certain guys based on an understanding (Cena, Reigns) and not others (Trips)

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

A day afterwards and Im having an even harder time believing anyone liked the Sting match after the first five minutes. It really drags the show down overall

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I just dont find it that fun watching old guys do unintentional comedy. Its kind of sad if anything

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Thauros posted:

Miz of all people has also had all the titles in circulation (WHC doesn't really count anymore).
Bryans in good company

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

The main was a really good example of how sometimes you can get a guy over way more by having him fight hard and lose

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

What a dumb loving wet fart of a main event for a post WM Raw. Especially after that incredible Brock segment

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Even with the tone deaf "surprise its Roman Reigns!!" stuff for fucks sake. get kane and big show a hundred million light years away from any main event forever

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember that time literally a year ago everybody liked Mania and thought "things are gonna be good from now on, no really, this time it's happening!"

And then it didn't

And now it's actually repeating all over again
then
now
forever

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

MotU posted:

the world where you are a schizophrenic fan changing your mind every week about what is good and what is not!!!!
i think you're getting foochs mixed up with wwe here

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

MotU posted:

Foochs is WWE
aw son of a bitch

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

since cole is going to be out for the foreseeable future with his "injury" who's gonna cover for him
How much does this guy weigh?!

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Theyre dumb misogynist shithead chants during a perfectly fine divas match with heat. It was bad. What is there to discuss

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I thought lawler was a billion times better with byron but thats probably because the situation and having to stand forced him to give an iota of a poo poo and work at commentary for once

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Astro7x posted:

They sat on the floor between on camera segments.

Probably just the fact that his colleagues got murdered and hes working with permanent Owen voice Byron then. Jerrys default state is either "the others are talking, I dont have to do anything but interject occasionally with a quote from my childrens joke book" or "its a divas match, time to talk about what i had for breakfast"

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Auron posted:

You have a good point, but Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was also going along with crowd chants. Also isn't anyone who goes against Stephanie McMahin automatically a face now?

Pretty much everything Stephanie did or said was perfectly sensible up until the FINE which was just typical heel Steph. The Authority does that constantly

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I get the overall impression with WWE that the PPVs have been mostly great or good due to the fact that Lesnar is in them and Heyman has sway on the booking. For example TLC was trash and had no Lesnar but Survivor series was awesome. rumble had that awesome main event and a horrible rumble. And the TV typically blows except for Lesnar (and Bryan making diamonds out of poo poo). Is there any chance of this at all

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Benne posted:

Mania 31 snowflakes

Fatal 4-way tag match: ***1/2
Andre the Giant battle royal: ***1/4
IC ladder match: ****1/4
Rollins vs. Orton: ****
Sting vs. HHH: **1/2
AJ & Paige vs. Bellas: **1/2
Cena vs. Rusev: ***1/2
Undertaker vs. Wyatt: **3/4
Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Rollins: ****1/2
These are all pretty much spot on

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Romans character is dull and his promos suck. His wrestling is good but not amazing and he is pushed way harder than he deserves. Verdict: john cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

John Cena is a good wrestler with tons of charisma though?
Pretty sure i said roman was a good but not great wrestler. Also roman has charisma its just badass guy who should act and not talk charisma

• Locked thread