Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Nash really tear his quad again because that would've been a perfect capper to the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rodney the Piper posted:

So is Byron Saxton going to win Worst Announcer of the Year based off tonight alone?

Vampiro is still gainfully employed

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a better look for Solomon than his actual ring gear

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly AJ's promos ring kinda hollow when she's been phoning in every match for months on end while the Bellas have busted their asses to get better in the ring

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grozz Nuy posted:

She's basically 'slightly nerdy and socially awkward superfan.' Hugs everyone and gives one of her headbands to a girl in the crowd during her entrance. Kids loving love her.

Really, she's a lot like the John Cena squeaky clean kid-friendly babyface but not completely obnoxious.

Also unlike Cena, Bayley is allowed to lose a lot and use that to build sympathy, making her big wins mean a lot more.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DM Punk posted:

Total Divas got picked up for a 4th season, but Cameron and Rosa Mendes aren't involved. That probably doesn't bode well for their future employment.

But now who's going to dance for The New And Improved Fandango :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mania 31 snowflakes

Fatal 4-way tag match: ***1/2
Andre the Giant battle royal: ***1/4
IC ladder match: ****1/4
Rollins vs. Orton: ****
Sting vs. HHH: **1/2
AJ & Paige vs. Bellas: **1/2
Cena vs. Rusev: ***1/2
Undertaker vs. Wyatt: **3/4
Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Rollins: ****1/2

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

That's weird. Some of those seem a little high for what we got, but at the same time they also seem overall pretty low for "one of the best shows I've ever seen".

FWIW Dave clarified his thoughts after rewatching it on TV

quote:

Live I thought it was one of the better live wrestling shows I’d been to. Rewatching, it was a very good show, with no bad matches, several excellent matches and a great angle involving The Rock & Rousey vs. HHH & Stephanie McMahon, that should in some form lead to a main event match next year at WrestleMania at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX. But it was not the best WrestleMania of all-time.

Live I thought as an overall show it may have been comparable to the Tokyo Dome show, not for match quality but factoring in presentation. After watching the TV, I don’t see it. It wasn’t as if it was two different shows, but live you get impressed with spectacle and watching on TV the spectacle is part of the show but it comes down more to matches. They were very good, but not in the league of the Tokyo Dome show. It was one of the more balanced WrestleManias in history because there was not a bad match. But it also didn’t have anything close to a match of the year or a candidate for best Mania match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still enjoyed Sting/HHH for the sheer absurdity and just thinking about it gives me a huge poo poo-eating grin. There's no way it will hold up on a second viewing, though, so I'll probably keep it that way.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

St Evan Echoes posted:

Was the Uso injury on Sunday legit?

He got hurt on Smackdown about three weeks ago, which is why Jimmy worked solo at house shows. They took him out of Sunday's match early so he could get his Mania payday without having to actually wrestle.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving lol if you think Bryan is blading for a random Smackdown match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Balor ever wrestle Nakamura in Japan, because that's one match I need to see loving yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sweet

• Locked thread