Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TEGGS posted:

Was the Bray/Taker match good? Did it seem close? I'm rather bummed to see he lost.

it was ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DGib posted:

really not understanding the Rollins love. He's a snoozefest on the mic and his offence is usually just a bunch of indy flippy nonsense.

But I think the majority of the forum actually likes the young bucks so that probably explains things

jesus

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can I just say I think Reigns deserves some props for his part in the main? I'm pretty sure some of that was at least quasi-shoot (dude lost a tooth, wrecked Brock's eye, and Brock ragdolled the gently caress out of him for like 15 minutes), and Reigns did that for ostensibly nothing, and I bet he was the first one to hug Seth in the back.

But yeah IMO the visual of him SMILING at Lesnar even as he was getting murdered was the coolest thing he's done in ages, and I honestly hope the Roman hate dies down some now that he took that beating and didn't win.

I thought that was a worked tooth :stare:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shinjobi posted:

HHH beats Sting in quite possibly the worst loving match I have ever loving seen.

someone's never watched tna

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

zakharov posted:

I'm a broken record on this but there's a fine line between Taker's entrance looking scary and ridiculous, and that line is daylight.

I think they learned their lesson, there probably won't be another open air mania for at least another 20 years

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gatorfade posted:

I think it was understated this year and that was OK. You couldn't go over the top, so they didn't.
I think Bray's entrance was hilariously bad, but would've been incredible in the dark.

I like it but then again, i'm a huge bray fan and spooky scarecrows are my favorite horror thing

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gatorfade posted:

?
I don't know about that. Maybe not on the West Coast.
EDIT: The network number wasn't AS GOOD as they were hyping it to be, but I didn't think it would tank the stocks. No clue.
Seth Rollins confirmed anti-draw?

i forgot about xxvi

i just remembered 9 at caesar's palace

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Anime Curator posted:

Maybe Taker should have won by shooting Bray with purple lightning

I wanted it to end like Return of the Jedi

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ghost Head posted:

i must be the only person in the world who really, really enjoyed that Bray/Taker match.

It would have been better if Bray wasn't hobbled

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

why aren't people talking about the best thing, pat patterson checking out daniel bryan's rear end

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NickRoweFillea posted:

so who's debuting tonight, fellas? neville? balor? enzo and big cass?

i predict either neville or itami

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

oldpainless posted:

I never want to go to suplex city but I do want everyone else to go there.

Suplex City is a suburb of WWE City from the Scooby-Doo wrestling show

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Orgophlax posted:

Uh, what? I really don't think ending the streak was an on-the-fly call.

Vince even said that he made the call to end the streak an hour before mania started

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i like sheamas and i wish he was back and did the crucifix again

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TheKingslayer posted:

His feud with Sandow, where he kept sucking at games of intellect. Then he'd just sucker kick Sandow. Because he's a face and smart people are heels.

In my experience smart people are heels

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

before every raw i put on the dubliners and drape myself in the irish tricolour so I'm prepared for sheamus's return

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:agreed: on both counts.

Also I heard smarks online bitching about Roman laughing at Brock when it was literally the coolest thing he did all night. If Ambrose had done it people would love it, as they should. It loving ruled.

Also I'm fine with Roman being kayfabe stronger than 2014 Taker because he is not an old man. Everything about that main ruled by all three men. Yes Brock did most of the work but it took three to tango last night and they all nailed it. Even Roman's body language when Brock WOULD NOT go down was perfect.

tbh, it's what i wanted bray to do when taker sat up

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i usually don't like color but i think it added something to the match which is what a blade job is supposed to do

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

How angry is Paul heyman gonna be at Seth Rollins tonight

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DeathChicken posted:

I was kind of sad that the real payoff to the whole "Nobody can actually give Stephanie any comeuppance as a character" thing was right there with Rousey, but then they just kind of let that go, so now I have no idea where the blowoff is for her character (Answer: There is none, Authority will be a thing as long as the NWO was).

They're setting up for a rock/rousey vs hhh/steph match

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DeathChicken posted:

I guess, but setting up Ronda vs Stephanie one year in advance strikes me as even more weird than setting up Rock vs Cena one year in advance.

she can't be on tv all the time so they have to set her up when she is, the ppvs

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ChaosSmurf posted:

I really don't think Rousey will ever be in a honest to goodness wrestling match while she's still doing MMA. In someone's corner, jumping in the ring to do arm bars or whatever, sure. Actually having the bell rung and pinning somebody, nah.

Having thought about it some more, while the storylines and so on of this show weren't as good as previous, the moment to moment spots were incredible. The curb stomp to RKO, Rock/Rousey, Reigns' comeback, the cash in, etc - just really good, spectactular moments. There's tonnes of them just in the main event. Good work by the wrestlers, basically.

It's going to be judo throw, punches then arm bar, tap

that's your ronda rousey match

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Astro7x posted:

They can't seriously be considering that...

I know it's wrestling, but I am not buying in to Rousey vs. anyone currently on the roster in a match that doesn't end in a tapout after 20 seconds.

but you can buy brock getting beat up by anyone on the roster?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DeathChicken posted:

It would be incredibly amusing if Stephanie got a bunch of training montages preparing for her fight with Ronda (kind of like when Shane had Vince chasing chickens around while yelling about eating lightning and crapping thunder), then just gets tapped in five seconds. But yeah, I don't see them setting that up one year in advance. Or at all, it was probably a one-off cool Mania thing.

the match is what meltzer is predicting

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

since cole is going to be out for the foreseeable future with his "injury" who's gonna cover for him

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

StarkRavingMad posted:

His little "haha check THAT out...oh gently caress, that didn't even stagger him, run for it" was awesome. And it felt like my experience to date playing Bloodborne.

I said it in the gameday thread, but having someone who is kind of tricky but still competent may be the perfect foil to Brock the Monster. Causing Brock to go crazy and get himself suspended is the most effective thing anyone has done to Brock since he came back.

It's Eddie vs. Brock but with the faces and heels switched

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i watch raw so that i know why dave and bryan are angry the next day

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MotU posted:

i watch raw so my coworker + friends can tell me why I liked and disliked the wrong things

none of my friends like wrestling :(

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm your friend and I like wrestling.

thanks bubba

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

Name some retractable roof football stadiums on the west coast. I don't know of any. Again, if you expect Wrestlemania to be in a basketball sized arena and lose out on around $7 million in gate you are just being foolish.

Seattle

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

magnum_valentino posted:

Why is Damien Sandow still pretending to be The Miz?

Once he drops the gimmick his heat will die

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I wish the new day had a better gimmick

Or at least genuinely talked about religion

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Blast Fantasto posted:

I just want to appreciate the good filmmaking of Birth of a Nation who gives a poo poo about racism ugh

D.W. Griffiths felt bad about making it for the rest of his life and made a movie called Intolerance to apologize because he was sorry

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 31, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

So is Brock going to snap Steph's neck or what

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Thauros posted:

No, but they had another tease that we might get to see Ronda snap her arm (they showed one of her tweets saying that "we're just getting started")

I want Brock to break everyone on the roster's arm in backstage brawls until only Seth Rollins and Steph remain

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gonzo McFee posted:

He should go away for like two months. Send him down to NXT to do some recruitment storyline with Kevin Owens or do a "Embrace the hate" thing with Sami Zayn and then come back to the main Roster on his own and be a little bit fresher.

I would like Sith Lord Bray Wyatt

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like Sheamus and Im glad he's back

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

bradzilla posted:

Yeah, like his ceiling is anywhere above "Guy who curtain jerks PPVs to do flippy things to excite the crowd." Losing the name Adrian will surely kill his career. :downs:

He's going to have a major injury and be grounded like Brian Pillman

You can't do flippy poo poo for long unless you're Rey Mysterio and even still, his knees are made of putty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Neodoomium posted:

Kevin Owens: Good Dad is a compelling as hell character for that reason.

i want Ted DiBiasi to come back and be Steen's manager

• Locked thread