Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Genuinely my favorite WrestleMania, and the most perfectly booked main event possible in such a weird situation with Reigns, goddamn. Rollins is the MAN, baby! The FUTURE of this business, hot drat. Plus I liked every match on the show. They did it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rollins gets the job done every. single. night. He is the STANDARD BEARRRRER of the WWE, and the FUTURE of this BUSINESS! He is the ARCHITECT, and how dare you come in here talking trash, but that's okay, you'll keep tuning in to see him because he's THE MAN.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can I just say I think Reigns deserves some props for his part in the main? I'm pretty sure some of that was at least quasi-shoot (dude lost a tooth, wrecked Brock's eye, and Brock ragdolled the gently caress out of him for like 15 minutes), and Reigns did that for ostensibly nothing, and I bet he was the first one to hug Seth in the back.

But yeah IMO the visual of him SMILING at Lesnar even as he was getting murdered was the coolest thing he's done in ages, and I honestly hope the Roman hate dies down some now that he took that beating and didn't win.
Definitely, I give Reigns props in that match much like I give Cena props in the Royal Rumble title match. Took a lot of suplexes, did his part, let Lesnar and Rollins shine. Reigns could work as a main event babyface some day, but it's very very good that they didn't pull that trigger today. They avoided a disaster. I did think the smiling thing was cool, kind of like Tommy Dreamer saying "thank you sir may I have another" while getting caned a million times in ECW. Since Paul likes to talk about that a lot, I wonder if he had any say in how this match was laid out.

Perfectly booked main event.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Of course but I mean before him
The Rated R superstar EDGE, the original Mr. Money in the Bank. Rollins is like the newer more fliptastic Edge, also more bearded. In other words the best possible wrestler.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

The one thing that annoyed me is that they wouldn't let Rusev kick out of an AA. I think he was the only singles wrestler who didn't get to kick out of his opponent's finisher. It even took two Tombstones to put down Bray, but god forbid Cena looks weak against anyone but Lesnar.
To be fair though, he was distracted by outside stuff right before the AA, so he was protected a bit there. It was much like how Cena was distracted from outside stuff before Punk gave him the GTS in their match, which protected Cena.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Havoc904 posted:

Nobody talking about Stardust's bedazzled ladder and Mr Sinister cape is upsetting.

Brock's reaction to Reigns laughing at his open hands to the face was great.
My brother said he looked like Spawn and I said he's clearly Mr Sinister, and he agreed. Good to see somebody else saw this.

ChaosSmurf posted:

Thought the show was pretty good but also that people saying it was better than last year have lost their minds. I did miss the ladder match though.
Wipes the floor with last year's. Rollins and Ambrose had a match that was under 3 minutes long to shine last year for example. This year Ambrose got to explode a ladder and Seth got two matches and the most triumphant ending in WrestleMania history, oh lord yes. Granted, they're both great, but this one for me had better matches overall by far and an even better ending.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ghost Head posted:

i must be the only person in the world who really, really enjoyed that Bray/Taker match.
I loved it too, Taker was my favorite wrestler in the 90s, even during Stone Cold's peak Stone Cold was only my #2 fav. Was just cool to see him have a solid match and be back, and he looked good I thought. Bray also got to shine. A bit slower in the second half until they started brawling, but good stuff.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Brock's character is so drat good right now. He's effectively the babyface, but he just slaughtered innocent announcers and a cameraman while the audience cheered and wanted blood. He really is THE CONQUEROR. He's booked like Godzilla. He might step on a few buildings full of civilians, but we still love him.

Also, so good to see Rollins as THE MAN, hope his reign goes on for a really long time.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Codependent Poster posted:

Brock is a face. How can anyone not get this? Was everyone confused when Austin stunned random people? When HBK went on superkick sprees backstage to random people?

Man, between that and some people saying that the chants directed toward the divas weren't that bad, a lot of people are looking dumb.
Freddy Krueger said crowd pleasing jokes and sold talking dolls while he killed lots of innocent teens. Jerry selling the tragedy of the dead announce team in utmost seriousness at least makes it fair to say Brock's character is in a unique place. A uniquely awesome place. He's Godzilla, he's a lovable movie monster.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Authorman posted:

I'm going to tell you why I am happy with that Raw despite the butt main event. Even if Roman is still floundering around at the top of the card with standing tall in a brain dead 6 man tag with Big Show and Kane, the midcard is actually seeing real progress. People are being elevated with real proper showcase matches. Neville and Sandow both looked great in their singles debuts, which both had nice clean finishes. Lucha Dragons looked like a million bucks and the tag division finally has some life in it with someone Cesaro can go full speed with, unlike the garbage Usos and Matadores and the not even trying New Day. Both the US and Intercontinental Belts were defended and the framework for an angle was set in both.

Read that again. The US Title was defended. Jesus. That used to happen twice a year.

Even if the top looks shaky, the midcard finally got a much needed jolt of energy. It reminds me of 98 era WCW, tune in for Rey, Jericho, Eddie, Malenko, Meng, Wrath, and all the other great midcarders being given time and tune out for Kevin Nash's farty main event or Goldberg's predictable squash match.
Agreed with all that, except the main event will most likely be Rollins awesomely retaining the title for many months, which is also the best thing ever. Rollins elevates the main event no matter what jabroni they put in there with him.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Roman is the future. Stop whining.
Roman is the BIG DOG, Rollins is the future. No gimmick infringement.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Somebody put a brazzers logo on this.
I dunno, those look like Reality Kings to me.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Korelle posted:

Turns out that throwing a mountain of money at Brock Lesnar is good for business!

Now they just need to throw even more at him because the main event is going to be so much worse without Lesnar around and Cena/Bryan in the midcard until the build to Summerslam.
I love Brock, but I think the title change to Rollins probably drummed up some interest too. Gotta give the Architect some credit here.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

sticklefifer posted:

Quick reminder that 2006 wasn't just a couple years ago. It's closer to the 90s than it is to today.
That must be why my man RVD headlined it, he's never too far from the 90s.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Bayley is the hottest of the divas, has quite the ample bosom and derriere, just saying. I mean what on Earth this is a shameful post, awful, anyhoo her workrate is quite high I look forward to her hitting the Raw show.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

zakharov posted:

This is a pretty weird post.
I know right. Somebody mentioned Bayley was considered an "ugly" diva according to the brass or something, so some kind of evil demonic mammal posted something. Something awful. There were posts drooling about Natty's boobs in the WrestleMania topic, get off ye high horse buddy.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 1, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Retromancer posted:

crazy jacked up beast versus a fat goon in gym shorts and a t shirt is gonna play great on tv.

Kevin Owens is never getting pushed on the main roster.
Roman Reigns' shameful back says otherwise. Really though, when I see Bray and Owens etc called fat I find I'm like, I dunno, would Scott Steiner say so?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

oldpainless posted:

Good night, sweet princess.
This gives me an idea, AJ should be in the next GI Joe movie.

Hope AJ tells us some entertaining tales on Cabana's podcast sometime.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

CM Punk is the best wrestler ever
Rob Van Dam could actually hit Punk with a flying kicky thing even if Punk was in the farthest row back in the arena. I humbly submit RVD as the best wrestler ever.

They were both on the worst pay-per-view ever December to Dismember, random note.

Speaking of the wrasslin', I hope we see Seth Rollins have some singles matches. Even some classic squashes on Ryder or something, I want him to get at least 900 wins in a row.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 4, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

cm punk got ufc to pay him tons of money to get his rear end kicked, the best rvd could get is a high times cover and a comic shop in michigan
RVD apparently got Paul Heyman to pay him for years. That's something.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ribsauce posted:

Sometimes I wish the audience actually did this. Like Seth Rollins, he actually gets booed even though he is excellent and the booing makes what he does much better. It would not work very well if people cheered when he was heeling it up, even though they know he is doing a great job. Seth is my favorite character in the WWE, but I would boo if I was in the audience and he came out

I can see the fun in booing a favorite heel, but I'd cheer Rollins personally. The top baby face for a decade gets tons of boos, the top heel can get some cheers too. As long as the crowd is loud. Plus heel Brock was cheered since Summerslam, didn't hurt.

Not to get all Russo here, but there's room for more ways of looking at it. Plus since babyface vs babyface feuds can be hot, a babyface vs a popular heel could work in a similarly exciting way.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ribsauce posted:

When he heels it up by telling Brock he is too jet lagged to wrestle the boos are cheers. If you cheered because you like him (and everyone else did also) the segment all of the sudden sucks.

Of course, if I was in the house when he cashed in and took the title I'd be cheering my rear end off because I would not be able to help it.
We can count on the kids and genuine marks to boo Rollins no matter what, even if say 25% of the crowd was cheering it'd still work. Plus against a very over babyface like Brock who'll get more cheers, it'd work. Think about heel Rock against Stone Cold, and how beautiful that was. Even on commentary recently they said Rollins has his fans, I think it's cool to have it be part of the show that the evil villain has some fans. Plus they cut to people holding Rollins sign etc.

Not sure why, I just kind of dig it that way. Shades of gray baby. I liked what somebody posted a bit ago, you know whether to cheer or boo by if you're cheering or booing. Shouldn't have to think about which is appropriate.

For the record though, for ducking that title match I wouldn't cheer, I'd probably clap and say "Bravo!", maybe we could get a "That's a pretty solid strategy Rollins *clap clap, clap clap clap*" chant going.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 4, 2015

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Extreme0 posted:

"Smart Move Rollins!" *clap clap, clap clap clap*
Get that in a dueling chant with "Suplex city!", now we're talking. I like my crowds like I like my coffee. With dueling chants and/or hot.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shinjobi posted:

Rename PSP to the Friend Zone. Let's go full retard.

And place your bets: how much longer do we see IC Champ Bryan?

I could see D-Bry keeping it through to Summerslam, hopefully a decent run. I kinda want him back in the main event sometime though, would seem odd if he doesn't get any more title shots this year.

Speaking of, hope Seth keeps the big belt for at least until Survivor Series or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fiveace Attorney posted:

chris jericho named his metal band "fozzy"
He's really over the mountain, he's a live wire that one.

• Locked thread