Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

a starbucks did a joke on me in the drivethru, asking to see two IDs for a card transaction. i don't pay five bucks to be made a fool of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

What the gently caress is up with stores/restaurants that make their employees try to strike up conversations with people? Obviously Starbucks went completely retarded with the race discussion bullshit.

Jersey Mike's employees are now asking me: Hows my day going (fine question). Where I work, If I like work, What I do there, Any plans for the weekend, which sports and teams I like, etc.

What the gently caress. MAKE MY GOD drat SANDWICH, ask me how I am, run my credit card, and shut uppp.

Thank you.

Clifton Privilege
Mar 19, 2015
I dont mind if they try to talk to me as long as they still A) get my order out in an appropriate amount of time and B) they don't screw it up because they were busy talking to me about whatever.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Lmfao @ America

Here in Sweden it's not uncommon that the person serving is not saying a single word.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I want you to eat your goddamn sandwich, not post.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

serious norman posted:

Lmfao @ America

Here in Sweden it's not uncommon that the person serving is not saying a single word.

here in America we just don't loving care about how it is in Sweden

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

why don't you continuing serving us efficient, economical furniture without saying a word

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

Lmfao @ America

is that because the Swedish customers cannot speak Arabic to converse with the immigrant server

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep posted:

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I was in subways and this duck quecked at me but i dunno if it worked there or if it was a costumer

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

you should, sweden is nice

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Panniculus Rift posted:

you should, sweden is nice

I'm sure it is, maybe one day I will travel there

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

just make sure to not make any small talk with the locals, it freaks them out

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

is that because the Swedish customers cannot speak Arabic to converse with the immigrant server

Pretty much

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gnarlyhotep posted:

keep it real gnarlyhotep

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

serious norman posted:

Lmfao @ America

That's more to do with there being nothing to talk about

Edit: guess gnarlyhotep kinda said the same thing already

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Every time this happens I break out in a cold sweat, cursing my bad luck. "Pretty awful out there today, isn't it?" gently caress. gently caress.

I barely manage to mumble/stutter out a "Yeah, quite wet out" before I stumble out of the place, as if out of an alley after being raped.

All I wanted was a sandwich.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 1, 2015

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Quit eating so much fast food.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
gnarly just took you to the ownzone

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Very sexist, OP. Why don't you make your own sandwich? It's 2015

gnarlyhotep posted:

But you know gnarly, Sweden cares about you

Roy fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 1, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wow i clicked this thread and confused it with the gross one with the nasty pics of a gnarly crypt keeper tara reid

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
if the soulless subway slave wants a little escape from the endless monotony of sandwich artistry I dont mind some light banter. if they want to repeat their corporate mandated lines, head down, sriracha in hand that's fine too

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
what really pisses me off is when the grocery store clerk comments on my groceries "hmm two-for-one exlax, guess your bowels are really stopped up huh"

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
it's like look in 2-4 hours im gonna be force making GBS threads days of desiccated turds i don't need you to be imagining my fetid rear end in a top hat as it happens

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

you irl posted:

what really pisses me off is when the grocery store clerk comments on my groceries "hmm two-for-one exlax, guess your bowels are really stopped up huh"

yeah, it's why i only shop at the self checkout places. if a problem comes up, i just walk away before someone sees my shameful purchases

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

you irl posted:

whenever I buy condoms I just get a death stare from the 50/60 year old clerk for daring to remind her that sex still exists in her Catholic country

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

I honestly love the hell out of it if she is cute.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I get annoyed when minimum-wage folks do what they're told in order to keep their crappy job and try to pay some bills. I am a total rear end in a top hat.

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
i usually say something implying they hate their job and you can tell they appreciate that I don't hate them for having to say dumb scripted poo poo to me

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

i just tell them they don't have to do that for me at least because it's stupid and corporate should feel bad for sucking out a little more of their souls in exchange for the minimum wage.

i do love that how much a job crushes and demeans its employees generally correlates with wages. it's good.

if i ever got shoved back down to the bottom of the social ladder and was forced to do some kind of minimum wage job i'd probably kill myself instead

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
ever notice how black women never do the small talk poo poo? they are usually too busy talking to their coworkers but I think that's preferable

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Retail Slave posted:

I get annoyed when minimum-wage folks do what they're told in order to keep their crappy job and try to pay some bills. I am a total rear end in a top hat.

lol you work in retail

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

School Nickname posted:

whenever I buy condoms I just get a death stare from the 50/60 year old clerk for daring to remind her that sex still exists in her Catholic country

same, but instead of a 50/60 year old catholic clerk it's a group of attractive high school girls giggling as i turn red and mumble and push a pack of specialty micropenis-sized desensitizing condoms across the counter

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I don't mind it if it's a cute girl

I mind feigned interest the most from cute girls

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
suddenly i fart wetly and turn around and walk away and the one girl goes "hey mister dont you want these??" and i break into a run and crash into an attractive guy entering the store, he looks at me and says "whoah buddy!" and i run outside panting and crying

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

If that were true, gnarly, then these retarded words wouldn't be grazing my computer screen

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Beef Turret posted:

If that were true, gnarly, then these retarded words wouldn't be grazing my computer screen

In a perfect world I wouldn't have to read your posts at all but here we are

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Chinatown posted:

What the gently caress is up with stores/restaurants that make their employees try to strike up conversations with people? Obviously Starbucks went completely retarded with the race discussion bullshit.

Jersey Mike's employees are now asking me: Hows my day going (fine question). Where I work, If I like work, What I do there, Any plans for the weekend, which sports and teams I like, etc.

What the gently caress. MAKE MY GOD drat SANDWICH, ask me how I am, run my credit card, and shut uppp.

Thank you.

move to the uk, this will never happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Thank you.

haha yeah, what a bunch of shithead assholes. loving fags.

• Locked thread