Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

https://www.amazon.com/oc/dash-butt...pf_rd_i=desktop

Its a button that orders crap for you. Or, they have the version thats like a CueCat, only useful.

If thats not the height of lazy dumb crap I dont know what is.

Just use your phone or something.

Dumb amazon, very dumb.

Neat tech though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
isn't amazon just selling something market research has suggested to them is profitable

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

This is what my phone is for.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

casual beep posted:

isn't amazon just selling something market research has suggested to them is profitable

Oh, im sure of it. I just think they would be better off getting a barcode scanner app to work and test the markets proclivity for that kind of tech first.

Why create hardware when there are novel ways to use existing platforms. Plus, third world code monkeys are a dime-a-dozen.

I just pet cats, I dunno.

:shrug:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I love that people are raging over this because it's actually a really smart idea by Amazon, it's not just a button thing, it's an entire platform by Amazon to be integrated into all sorts of devices. Amazon doesn't want you to have buttons all over your house, they want the button built into your next Keurig or washing machine or whatever.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
This is the April Fools Day prank, right?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

JediTalentAgent posted:

This is the April Fools Day prank, right?

Nah, its too early.

Three Olives posted:

I love that people are raging over this because it's actually a really smart idea by Amazon, it's not just a button thing, it's an entire platform by Amazon to be integrated into all sorts of devices. Amazon doesn't want you to have buttons all over your house, they want the button built into your next Keurig.

I get that, but come on...

Maybe im just getting old.

Im already showing one of the signs... "Hesitant to adopt new technology."

:ohdear:

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I almost fell for this when i was reading about it earlier today

I mean, this seems entirely possible with today's level of technology. not a very good april's fools imo

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
This thread blows, Im sorry. You should try being funnier.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Vorik posted:

I almost fell for this when i was reading about it earlier today

I mean, this seems entirely possible with today's level of technology. not a very good april's fools imo

Nah bro, its totes not an april fools joke at all.

:thumbsup:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Irrational Bees posted:

This thread blows, Im sorry. You should try being funnier.

You should go back to jelqing on cam for hairy Filipino men.

:dance:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

psyopmonkey posted:

a button that orders crap for you. Or, they have the version thats like a CueCat, only useful.

TOXO

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
kill yourself, op

hahah jk just busting your balls op . . .while i still can

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's already April Fools in the civilized world.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

welp

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope one day SA shuts down forever (for one day as an april fools joke) and a bunch of goons commit suicide

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
oh...i can't read the op. welp, see ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

oh...i can't read the op. welp, see ya

Do you know what people who use ignore and a bundle of sticks have in common?

Theyre both very bad posters! :iamafag:

• Locked thread