Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I'm a wheelchair bound sex offender posting from inside a prison.

ugh, they treat prisoners better than our troops this is loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

deratomicdog posted:

Yeah, the trick to not testifying in court is not arresting anybody. Also, never become the only Intoximeter operator for the shift or you will get called in on your day off by rear end in a top hat lawyers who don't have any questions for you, they just want to see if you are going to show up.

isn't this why a bunch of people will elect to go to court? just in hopes that the officer won't show?

a question about speeding tickets (or really any ticket that will get you points on your license). a guy posted a thread in AI a while back talking about how he has gotten out of a bunch of speeding tickets. he still pays a fine, but the points get dropped. he basically requests a court date and i guess strikes a plea that he will pay the fine and not waste time with court if they will just keep points off his license. this might be something i made up when really stoned, but it was something.

any truth to that? i guess you don't have to answer but if you don't answer we are gonna know anyway. like "do you have aids?" "i'm not gonna answer that." p. sure you got aids.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

FRINGE posted:

Given the ability to employ communications and teamwork, the (theoretical) lone knife wielder would be extremely susceptible to being sucker-tazed/beanbagged/tackled from another officer while they are raving/raving/whatever at the officer occupying their attention. This is (minus the tazing/beanbags) what we were forced to do at the psych facility when an agitated resident was threatening (with or without some manner of makeshift weapon in hand).

It requires more thought, and a cooler head, but is definitely feasible.

lol i would much rather go for the sure thing than what is definitely feasible

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

midnightclimax posted:

What's the most corrupt PD in the US, or the one with the worst reputation? (and what led to this fame)

LAPD easy

Rodney King (white people loving up)
Riots
OJ Trial (white people letting you guys get even)
Etc
Etc
Etc

-I'm not a cop

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LeoMarr posted:

You forgot Rampart

that's what the etc etc was for IDIOT

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't think it would be any of the famous ones. As a reminder, the San Fran Sheriffs' Dept just got caught running gladiator cage matches with inmates, and SF actually has IA and a public defenders' office with juice. If you can get away with poo poo like that in a city that has independent oversight mechanisms, I have to imagine there are probably some county sheriffs out in West Virginia who rule their sleepy mountain towns like Lord Humongous and have a meth cook going in one of the empty jail cells.

you're being watched now

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Reign Of Pain posted:

So if she was hot she never would've gotten arrested. Nice.

well yeah

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Ok quick traffic question.

Let's say you are in your patrol car. You just found out your wife is cheating on you with your best friend, she has managed to drain your bank account while your best friend drained loads on her face, It's been a bad day for you. So obviously, you're looking for someone to pull over and pop some rounds into, but you live in a place like Harrisonburg, VA, where black people are scarce, so you have to settle for ruining a white guy's day.

So you pull up behind a white guy. I am that white guy.

I approach a 3 way intersection that only offers a left and a right turn, no straights. But immediately across from me is a parking lot. This is mostly a question of semantics because I don't really think any cop would give a poo poo, but which lane is the proper one (not illegal) to go straight across to that parking lot?

E: On the subject of talking to the press, are you absolutely not allowed to? Or do they give you a few bullshit answers to give just in case you have to talk to the press? I ask because the military in Afghanistan was the same way anytime a reporter came around (which was twice). We were not allowed to talk to them, but if we did, we had rehearsed answers to give them.

One of them was a chick and I walked in on her changing because I didn't know they put her in the room she was in. Highlight of my entire tour right there.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Noslo posted:

Have fun, JMU def has the finest college bitties. Otherwise though, it's just another college town.

I've lived here since January and I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Korgan posted:

How often does poo poo like this happen to you blokes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJbk9zjBjY8

Also was there anything that cop could/should have done to calm down the drunk arseholes or is this kind of situation just hosed from the get go

i like this video

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Captain Bravo posted:

Hey cops, what does "ACAB" stand for?

all cops are beautiful

i'm not a cop tho

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

"204 I have a 911 hang up call at 123 Elm Street, on call back they advised it was accidental and they don't need the police."

"10-4 enroute" :suicide:

so what happens if you just don't go? do you have to file a report everytime someone calls 911 because their cat got out?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Is it possible the decision to charge them was influenced by politics?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
it's one of the first methods we learned to see if someone is alive or not.

not always a good idea to do it, but when you're dealing with haj you generally don't give a poo poo about their well being in that situation.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I love that "best cop shows" is like the most debated topic of these two threads.

if i were a cop i would wanna be like vic mackey.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, and I think the attractiveness (on a 1-10 scale) of the assailant should factor in as well. Like a 2 offering head should just be a $100 ticket for over playing your hand, while a 9 offering anal should be a minor felony because that poo poo is a legit temptation

i agree, but the opposite.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
why does anybody get locked in with one party

if a republican came out and said "I AM LITERALLY GOING TO GRATE YOUR rear end in a top hat LINING AND THEN gently caress IT AFTER I DIP MY COCK IN ALCOHOL BY THE WAY gently caress BLACK PEOPLE" and die hard republicans will be like "YEAH I'M VOTING FOR THAT GUY!" on the basis that he is a republican.

idgi

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
does being a k9 cop own or what

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Why are you applying pain to a handcuffed subject? That's one of the few ways Americops get punished / suspended / paid vacation.

yeah but if it wasn't against the rules it would rule

-a white man

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
How would a driver feel if a cop came up to their car with a cigarette?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Vahakyla posted:

Most of em. Sorry I'm not a shut in nerd.

i dunno man you post twice as much as i do and i practically live on the forums sometimes.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ActusRhesus posted:

Not a cop, but as a prosecutor, I agree. A cop who has lied in the past is worse than useless to me as a witness.

Is your case pretty much hosed at that point? What are the odds of salvaging it? I know this is dependent on the situation but ballpark it for me.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Skoll posted:

Do departments let you bring a personal on-duty weapon or do you have to use an issued one?

Do they let you "mod" issued firearms, i.e., new sights and grips or whatnot?

God I hope not or else you'll have dudes coming to work with 7x scopes, lasers and grips with naked ladies on them.

I'm cool with the last one but naked ladies don't need to be near 7x scopes unless she is looking for your dick.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

JayKay posted:

Too bad that for the majority of teachers, that 3 months is unpaid. :v:

NFL players don't get paid in the off season. So that's 8 months some players don't get paid.

Teachers have it pretty good I'd say.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm a Navy SEAL

IDR parachute spotted

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I would no poo poo bang Roseanne since she's rich and famous.

And Betty White is probably still a freak.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Chipotle is mexican the same way China Wok is Chinese.

Lol mexican doesn't auto correct to be capital but Chinese does

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I dunno but you would probably think I was weird if I said I'm getting Italian and got like... A Dominos pizza or something.

That's how I see it when people call chipotle mexican.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
You're all fat

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
When did FTP transition to ACAB?

It was FTP ten years ago when I was in high school.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Dear Copgoons:

If you cannot tell the difference between this:

and an 18 year old, I worry about you.

How did this guy meet with his lawyers, sit on this for a long time, and think "I thought the 12 year old was 18" was a good defense?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/01/tamir-rice-shooting-cleveland-police-timothy-loehmann-grand-jury

quote:

The officer who shot and killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice in Ohio has delivered his first public account of the killing, over a year after the incident occurred, arguing his actions were justified as he was engaged in an “active shooter situation” and believed Tamir was 18 years old.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Yeah yeah yeah. I don't want to get into a debate about the shooting. My question is why would he say he thought a 12 year old was 18? Wouldn't that kill his credibility as an officer, which in turn would make it a lot harder for people to be on his side?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I get the feeling that he's just trying to say he didn't realize it was a 12yo right away. Watch the video, they pull up & he gets out and shoots like, immediately. It's hard to know the age of a person in that short a time span I guess.

Yeah he pulled up and went slapstick action movie on it. If it wasn't a tragedy it would be something out of Paul Blart Mall Cop. I just have trouble believing that he thought Tamir Rice was 18. It isn't like he first spotted him just as he was barrel rolling out of the car.

It's a horrible strategy on his part to say something like that in my opinion. That's all I'm getting at.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

Black people's age is the hardest thing to gauge fwiw

Real talk Will Smith could still do Fresh Prince.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Judge told him to write an essay on the importance of making good choices lol

I'd be pretty loving funny if it wasn't so goddamn true

That's some army bullshit right there

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I know they make suspenders for over the shirt but don't be that guy

otoh, please be that guy

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Whale Cancer posted:

What all are you carrying on your belt?

his gut

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Cop gay. So What posted:

He wasn't black.

He said taser, not shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

I wanna see a GiP buddy cop comedy where Hezzy and bernie team up with Beanie and Whip to stop a terror attack against the Queen during a visit to DC

And beanie's wife foils their plan

• Locked thread