Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Going by the range of dates on his tweets he must have the worst facebook password ever. And to go in and hack his facebook page in 2011 nearly 2 years before he joined UKIP is real dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

You are aware magic hacking cant just happen anymore arent you all (unless GCHQ & the NSA are doing it because thats ok apparently) The guy is either so stupid that his password is his kids name or he happily used his account in untrusted location or he is lieing.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It's very obviously a lie based on the dates

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/7-way-leaders-debate/winner

I wonder how many people actually bet on poo poo like this or how they even determine who wins to avoid paying out as much

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Follow-up to my previous post, from BBC:

After a draw for podium places, the Green Party's Natalie Bennett will take the left-hand position followed, from left to right, by Mr Clegg for the Liberal Democrats, UKIP's Nigel Farage, Mr Miliband, Plaid Cymru's Leanne Wood, SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon and Mr Cameron

What does this meant for the tactics of the debate? In this poster's opinion, probably gently caress all.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Imagine if Cameron wet himself on stage.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hahaha Sturgeon's right next to Cameron, this is gonna be great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why does he look like he doesn't know what a mallet is?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

sebzilla posted:

Follow-up to my previous post, from BBC:

After a draw for podium places, the Green Party's Natalie Bennett will take the left-hand position followed, from left to right, by Mr Clegg for the Liberal Democrats, UKIP's Nigel Farage, Mr Miliband, Plaid Cymru's Leanne Wood, SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon and Mr Cameron

What does this meant for the tactics of the debate? In this poster's opinion, probably gently caress all.

The Gurndiar posted this thing

So the order of chat is there - Cameron gets the last, empty word a couple of times

Also

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd pay to see Cameron Vs Farage in King of the Deathmatch

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people
You can actually set a facebook post's timestamp to whenever you want and it'll appear as if it was posted at that time but I highly doubt that UKIP guy is even aware of that. Even if he was the dates on the comments would give it away.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'd pay to see Cameron Vs Farage in King of the Deathmatch

Well if #MassDebate ends in a tie...

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I think this is the first election where the BBC read and summarized the manifestos for the election so you don't have to read War and Peace manifestos?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/manifesto-guide#tab=issue!issue=priorities!party=!nation=uk

I like that they even read like the parties who wrote them, take UKIP:

Environment
  • Repeal the Climate Change Act 2008
  • Protect the greenbelt
  • End so-called green taxes to cut fuel bills
  • Prioritise support for organic farms

:smug: so-called "green taxes" :smug:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Question from a foreigner. Who am I supposed to hate in this thing aside from Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, and Farage?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Natalie Bennett for making leftist ideas and policies seem like pipe dreams.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The electorate for voting the tories in in the first place, and the media for supporting them.

Basically hate everybody, but hate the tories more, and post about why.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

And maybe the moderator and a good chunk of the audience

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Basically hate everybody, and post about why.

That I can do.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

Question from a foreigner. Who am I supposed to hate in this thing aside from Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, and Farage?

Miliband's the good guy, silly.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

I wouldn't bother watching it to be honest.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Prepare to be surprised as all hell

quote:

A briefing document seen by the Guardian reveals that leaders who are most criticised or questioned will be given more time to respond by Julie Etchingham during tonights two-hour ITV debate. Our political correspondent Rowena Mason reports:

It suggests David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband are in line for a greater amount of airtime, as they will probably come under greater scrutiny than leaders of smaller parties such as Plaid Cymrus Leanne Wood, Ukips Nigel Farage, the SNPs Nicola Sturgeon, and the Green partys Natalie Bennett.

The leaders offices were told: Some leaders may have more time speaking during the programme than others, taking into account the different roles and responsibilities of the individual leaders. All leaders will have an appropriate opportunity to be heard during the programme but an equality of time speaking will not be a measure of overall fairness.

The briefing document also sets out minute details about how the debates will be run, including how applause is only allowed at the beginning and end. It also stipulates that there will be a clock telling leaders how much time they have left for answers, which will not be visible to the audience or viewers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

Miliband's the good guy, silly.

Milliband is the designated protagonist but I would hesitate to call him the good guy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

edit: double post

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The thread said you had the last post but there wasn't even one there!

Britain is open for posting business

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

baka kaba posted:

The thread said you had the last post but there wasn't even one there!

Britain is open for posting business

Yeah hence the double post. I blame it on the establishment.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

So it's a one minute statement per person per question and then an 18 minute free-for-all before it starts all over again. Can't wait.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

ReidRansom posted:

Probably easiest to just break it down into Game of Thrones houses.

http://geekchocolate.co.uk/westminsteros-uk-political-leaders-as-game-of-thrones-houses/

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

My god, that Farage one.

"Close the Gates!"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Lugaloco posted:

So it's a one minute statement per person per question and then an 18 minute free-for-all before it starts all over again. Can't wait.

No, it's a one-minute statement followed by the moderator telling everyone to shut up and let the worst people speak, because being rightfully criticised means they should get the most airtime to push their narrative

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
If Tetrapyloctomy is the art of splitting hairs four ways, then I declare this evening mass debate the epitome of Heptapyloctomy.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Pantsuit posted:

I like how they mix in 'more ethnic minority MPs' with 'Foreigners must not elevate the traditions of their homeland over ours.' to make it seem like they're not racists. Very clever.

gently caress those Italians and their 'one god' bullshit!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

notaspy posted:

Well that's certainly a very English viewpoint and therefore is the correct British viewpoint.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

political discourse

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

mrpwase posted:

political discourse

Well they will be standing next to Cameron, Clegg, Farage and Milliband.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Anyone know of a way for Johnny Foreigner to watch the debate? Maybe ITV will stream it without geolockihahahaha welp.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Milliband is the designated protagonist but I would hesitate to call him the good guy.

Miliband pulls a gun out on debate night and without missing a beat, shoots the other 6 cleanly in the head. He will then look at the camera and smile his goofy smile. Slow fade to black. Audience gives standing ovation but is never seen again. Nothing remains. No evidence they were ever there.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

notaspy posted:

British gods for British people. Bring back that one with the deer horns and the big donger.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

British gods for British people. Bring back that one with the deer horns and the big donger.

Entertainingly, almost everything written or believed about Cernunnos is entirely made up by modern pagans, because nothing else about the god survives other than his name and what he looks like.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mrpwase posted:

political discourse

who is andrew richards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Antti posted:

Anyone know of a way for Johnny Foreigner to watch the debate? Maybe ITV will stream it without geolockihahahaha welp.

ITV will be livestreaming from their Youtube channel.
It starts at 20:00 GMT. "Access to streaming the debate live is unrestricted so you can stream it from anywhere in the world." Apparently.

bloody forins comin' into the thread, bein' intrested in ARE politics talk

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 2, 2015

• Locked thread