Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
but consider real sports pointless and silly and the athletes overpaid

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i'm pewdiepee irl AMA

also :firstpost: i guess *sigh*

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

lorn Wayne posted:

i'm pewdiepee irl AMA

whats it like to suck cocks as a millionaire gay

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

unterdude posted:

whats it like to suck cocks as a millionaire gay

just another benefit of the job, ok i answered your question now fuckin like and scubcribe me you poo poo

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

lorn Wayne posted:

just another benefit of the job, ok i answered your question now fuckin like and scubcribe me you poo poo

wut r u gonna do when ur parents watch ur videos and kill themselves in disgust

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
when e-sports meant quake 2 it was cool. This dota poo poo is really really gay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

unterdude posted:

but consider real sports pointless and silly and the athletes overpaid

???

Athletes probably are overpaid, but real sports are important and even if you're a nerd, it's good to be into at least one sports team so you have something to talk about and can relate to everyone else. I find that the people who just completely shut themselves off to real sports, are very difficult to find any sort of common ground with, and aren't interesting people. Real sports are a universal social activity. It's hard to connect with someone who only wants to talk about their anime figure collection, or the latest job class they are leveling up in Final Fantasy XIV.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
as a person who plays video djames esports is stupid and shameful as poo poo

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

lorn Wayne posted:

i'm pewdiepee irl AMA

I bet he hates his online persona but loves making millions off people dumb enough to jerk off to a guy screaming about evil chairs

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
the trick to sports is to just know team names / cities then you dont have to actually know poo poo or watch them. just agree with whatever the dumb person is talking about HEY DID YA SEE INGLE LAST WEEK and youre like yeah that was cray cray. Then you blow em, he gives you the 8 dollars, and you go on your way

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Heh in the future esports will have cities and regions represented.

OH NOES! He was traded to our rival city!

*doesn't move anywhere, still plays from moms basement*

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

I said come in! posted:

Athletes probably are overpaid,

ya but when u think click butan4$250,000 is ok but spending your entire life to train a single sport to get paid is not okay??? that's dumb, kinda

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Athletes probably are overpaid, but real sports are important and even if you're a nerd, it's good to be into at least one sports team so you have something to talk about and can relate to everyone else. I find that the people who just completely shut themselves off to real sports, are very difficult to find any sort of common ground with, and aren't interesting people. Real sports are a universal social activity. It's hard to connect with someone who only wants to talk about their anime figure collection, or the latest job class they are leveling up in Final Fantasy XIV.

which is why i'm using my millions to launch a chain of nerdbars.

the only music that plays is jpop and retro pixel tunes.

the flatscreen tvs show lets plays and twitch streams.

no lovely lamestream beers, only the craftiest craft brews and spirits mixed with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3cMGUy28w (Final Fantasy Potions).

other ideas and donations to my kickstarter are WELCOME.

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

lorn Wayne posted:

no lovely lamestream beers, only the craftiest craft brews and spirits mixed with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3cMGUy28w (Final Fantasy Potions).

i wonder if it tastes like social isolation and tears

god loving japanese people are so wierd

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
E Sports own, sorry

Regular sports own too and lately professional males basketball has been turning the own meter up to 11 while the National Mens Amserican football league has been turning the meter to domestic abuse

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
i think its loving insane that some twitch streamers have over ~100k viewers

the future is here i guess

and it sucks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lorn Wayne posted:

these actually exist, not quite how you described though. there are a couple nerd bars in Seattle, and they are real chill.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Esports is dumb but op's a nerd too and apparently mad about video games so I can't really pick a side

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

you're telling me you can't think of any way to relate to people besides loving pro sports?

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

A Stupid Baby posted:

E Sports own, sorry

Regular sports own too and lately professional males basketball has been turning the own meter up to 11 while the National Mens Amserican football league has been turning the meter to domestic abuse

i mean, if I had a modicum of interest in playing games at a professional level then maybe it'd be like "cool" or decent

i stopped playing games to be "pwnage" after middle school, i just play for maybe like 3 hours a week at the most to unwind

my brother who is 6 years younger owns me at every game and calls me a casual

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont, OP

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

E-gaming? It's called esports you bigot.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

these actually exist, not quite how you described though. there are a couple nerd bars in Seattle, and they are real chill.

Sure, but they're probably just poser bars started by quasi-gamers looking to make a quick buck by targeting a lucrative niche in a 'boring, sensible, planned' fashion.

my bars will be so much more.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
I like watching fighting games sometimes :shrug:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

imagine I posted that bit of the MST3K home ec short where mike and the bots are whispering "conform... conform... conform..."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

you're telling me you can't think of any way to relate to people besides loving pro sports?

No, i'm saying it's a real good universal conversation piece that allows you to get to know people. It's not the only one, but it's one of the safest bets out there.

Let's say you go up to a coworker at the water cooler, and start talking about the episode of Attack on Titan you watched the other night, how do you think that is going to go down?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
yall better get ready 4 a future of people who watch people play video games, i talked to a non-dorky student of my sister's(HS level) and she told me she watched LPs frequently.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

unterdude posted:

i mean, if I had a modicum of interest in playing games at a professional level then maybe it'd be like "cool" or decent

i stopped playing games to be "pwnage" after middle school, i just play for maybe like 3 hours a week at the most to unwind

my brother who is 6 years younger owns me at every game and calls me a casual

I have poo poo knees but that doesnt prevent me from enjoying watching Rose Curry ball, watch some sf4 or something maybe, those tournaments are good to unwind watching

Also atheletes arent overpaid unless maybe you wanna argue A-Rod or some other dude in a guaranteed MLB contract that isnt paying off for the team, every other sport is salary capped and the best talent is by definition making a fraction of what an uncapped market would bear to say nothing of what value they actually bring to a club

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

No, i'm saying it's a real good universal conversation piece that allows you to get to know people. It's not the only one, but it's one of the safest bets out there.

unfortunately it[s borign as gently caress to watch or discuss

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Evo is coming up soon. Can't wait for that.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lorn Wayne posted:

wtf? This isn't even close to how the battle system worked in Final Fantasy 12. smh

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Let's say you go up to a coworker at the water cooler, and start talking about the episode of Attack on Titan you watched the other night, how do you think that is going to go down?

Hilariously?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Volume posted:

wtf? This isn't even close to how the battle system worked in Final Fantasy 12. smh

ikr, probably would've been easier to film a real-time active battle system too!!!!

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Watching people compete is boring to me regardless of what they're competing at.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volume posted:

they needed to also auto-attack and the fight would have taken an hour minimum.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Gorgar posted:

Watching people compete is boring to me regardless of what they're competing at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Running_Man_%281987_film%29

??

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Otto von Ruthless posted:

fighting games arent esports stupid

ManSauceGuzzlr
Jul 18, 2004

"That man...I'm...fascinated by him. That look...his whole look. It's hypnotic."

I said come in! posted:

This is true, I have yet to meet a single person irl who enjoys professional Dota :sigh:

Oh so my fake sport to enjoy is Football and my fake team is the Washington Redskins. gently caress RGIII am i rite guys??

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

fighting games arent esports stupid

What's an esport then? I don't believe tournaments like Evo call themselves esports, but they still seem to match the description of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
i'll never understand multiplayer games....i play video games to get away from people, not to be closer to them.

• Locked thread