Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
four million bc is pretty far from here

bet i could save some time gas if i kicked this body into a ditch in 1860

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

logically it would take more time gas, maybe even exponentially, to go back further in time

Korthal
May 26, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

logically it would take more time gas, maybe even exponentially, to go back further in time

Then send one of the mafiosos back in time to make more time gas.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
thats a good question op.

guess I just let myself stop questioning the movie when josep geordian levit could somehow become old bruce willlis

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Alan Smithee posted:

the moral of Looper is "nothing you do matters kill you are self"

That is also seemingly the moral of SomethingAwful and life itself so far.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dejan Bimble posted:

So does the kid become the rainmaker or not

since joe doesnt kill his mom he doesnt become the rainmaker and thus joe lives and the kid becomes an autistitic train conductor

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the movie ends with bruce willis trying to kill a child so he can live a life where he's married to an asian hooker he married on his assassin's pension

its a fun movie

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So I've got a question for you eggheads. Assuming a time machine did send you back to the same exact point in space say, 50 years ago, exactly how far would you be from the earth of 1965 after accounting for solar and galactic rotation as well as universal expansion?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

cumshitter posted:

the movie ends with bruce willis trying to kill a child so he can live a life where he's married to an asian hooker he married on his assassin's pension

its a fun movie

the thing is though, the child was dead all along

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
murder is super hard to get away with in the future that's the whole premise of our movie okay guys? *casually murders protag's wife*

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

James Woods posted:

So I've got a question for you eggheads. Assuming a time machine did send you back to the same exact point in space say, 50 years ago, exactly how far would you be from the earth of 1965 after accounting for solar and galactic rotation as well as universal expansion?

565 million years, dear

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

the moral of Looper is "nothing you do matters kill you are self"

Or don't have a life worth losing. I mean really, would Bruce Willis even gone back into time if his wife was just another hooker?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

James Woods posted:

sleep until the nightmare ends

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Poetic Justice posted:

the thing is though, the child was dead all along

i said it was a fun movie

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

dunno i wasn't thinking much when watching this movie. it was really good though.

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS

James Woods posted:

Blunderbuss

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

James Woods posted:

Alright nobody else is fielding it so here goes: just ignoring the motion of the solar system around the galactic core (a mere 483,000 miles per hour) the motion of the Galaxy relative to CMB is about 1,300,000 miles per hour

Over 50 years thats a displacement of just 569.4 billion miles.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like people miss that a central idea of the movie is that all sci-fi technologies suck and are worse. The fancy space guns, the hover bikes, the psychics, the glass telephones, all of them had multiple scenes about how useless and worse they were than just normal things, every high technology had multiple scenes of people standing around and being broken all the time. Like the time machine being stupid and not very useful wasn't a plot hole, it was the theme of the movie.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's this movie where they eventually save the super autistic child with dangerous powers from getting blown off to everyone's relief ?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
future war

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

i was really hoping Kid Blue was Jeff Daniel's younger loop.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone explain to me wtf happens in Primer instead ?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Why doesn't Donnie Darko bang Gretchen?

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
Wouldn't all the gold bars cause inflation if the mafia keep sending them back in time, I mean, the gold is already there, then they go back in time with the gold that is already there, but older, so now there is twice as much gold

I just think the mafia could have been more creative with how they used the time machine

send back all gold bars, and keep doing that poo poo on repeat

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
time travel makes no sense OP

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

how me a frog posted:

Why doesn't Donnie Darko bang Gretchen?

Because... He does?

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

The Protagonist posted:

Alright nobody else is fielding it so here goes: just ignoring the motion of the solar system around the galactic core (a mere 483,000 miles per hour) the motion of the Galaxy relative to CMB is about 1,300,000 miles per hour

Over 50 years thats a displacement of just 569.4 billion miles.

yes but much like matter, time is also affected by gravity, so the earth and our solar system, as it pass through time and the void of space, carries with it the echos of the past in its gravitational pull. travel to the past would be fine up to a certain point

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
why is everybody watching this movie from lke 2 years ago all of a sudden

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Here's my real question: Wouldn't this super government that can detect when someone's been murdered be a little bit curious that people were literally disappearing?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
when it this coming to hbo

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Because the Earth is only 6000 years old, duh.

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
is that the picture where the dude sticks his dick in he own rear end?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Korthal posted:

Lava destroys all evidence, plus it doesn't need to be paid in a coat of loving silver bars.

Eat my rear end in a top hat boy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
heres a fun thing i like to do, since i will never accomplish anything in life I like to point out how imaginary things other people like arent realistic
or efficient, it makes me feel smarter than fictional characters

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

murder is super hard to get away with in the future that's the whole premise of our movie okay guys? *casually murders protag's wife*

Awww I was gonna post this.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's a story that relies heavily on its emotional beats, op. science don't got nuthin' to do with it

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Looper won my heart when they tried to discuss time paradoxes and bruce willis basically told everyone to shut the gently caress up and just watch the movie

also the scene with the guy disintegrating from his past-self having his parts amputated owned

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Al Nipper posted:

also the scene with the guy disintegrating from his past-self having his parts amputated owned

i looked that up when i saw this thread b/c it was the most memorable scene but couldn't find it on the youtube

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i also like the scene where he goes nuts with the two guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
i like the scene in the cafe when jgl doesn't look anything like bruce willis he just looks like he's chewing tobacco and got a forehead enlargement

• Locked thread