Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

judge reinhold posted:

Wait... you don't think the games we play are bad... do you?
Of course not! They're very special and unique, part of the 1% you could say

on metacritic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

judge reinhold posted:

"They look like monsters to you?"

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

judge reinhold posted:

Catwoman was trash. All the rest of the games you have played are good. Hope this helps you give you some focus to really "hone in" your viral media campaign!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I liked Sonic Boom

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I patch the game. Open the exe, hesitantly. I select "New Game". A feeling of relief washes over me as I see the 70's gang having a good time, but with some quote from Black Bart.

I know it'll be ok:

We'll see if there's anything new and, if so, I'll figure out a way to make it interesting to view.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

My guess is someone mentioned minor mis-spellings being corrected ('neckless') so they probably included all the text assets in the patch.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I just wanted to post this picture of the man that voiced our dashing hero.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Detective Thompson posted:

He looks like a modern day pirate. He was probably downloading a car as that picture was being taken.

Did he also voice the version of Chris Raven that shouts his motivational tourettes at the crew?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Brutakas posted:

He looks like a modern day pirate. He was probably downloading a car as that picture was being taken.

Did he also voice the version of Chris Raven that shouts his motivational tourettes at the crew?

They REPLACED THOSE VOICE FILES IN THE PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

judge reinhold posted:

They REPLACED THOSE VOICE FILES IN THE PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im crying

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Detective Thompson posted:

this is a viral hint that Reality Pump Studios will continue the story of the Raven clan and the patriots patriarchs in an open world wild west sequel, Vulture's Cry, coming fall 2017. When Chris Raven's great, great grandson, Jeb Vulture, is left for dead by a gang of banditos, his quest for vengeance will see him riding and shooting and lassoing his way through hordes of bandits, racist caricatures of native americans, racist caricatures of mexican people, and into a conspiracy that leads all the way to the White House!

ffhanger
Nov 20, 2008

Red Bones posted:

this is a viral hint that Reality Pump Studios will continue the story of the Raven clan and the patriots patriarchs in an open world wild west sequel, Vulture's Cry, coming fall 2017.

This needs to happen!

But only if we get a descendent of Avery to bury us with seemingly endless dialogue. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

Those son of a bitches!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ffhanger posted:

This needs to happen!

But only if we get a descendent of Avery to bury us with seemingly endless dialogue. :colbert:

When he betrays you he knocks you out and ties you to the train tracks but there's no train in sight. Will a train run you over in time so you don't have to listen to his whole speech or will you succumb to a slow death worse than ran over by a train?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

judge reinhold posted:

There is no :negative: apt enough.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Notes from my playthrough:

-I have 3 swords and a long rifle for some reason to start now.
-Another man in the game is wearing a cheese hat and he sounds even MORE like Richard Nixon. He sells you the schooner you buy with the loan shark's money.
-If you take the money lender option instead of killing the man who pees on his crew, a money lender ship will eventually pursue you. It is insanely powerful and has sunk me 3 times.

And that's about all I've seen. I think it's time to move on. Thanks for watching, it was fun, visit our website on the internet for more amazing content!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

Notes from my playthrough:

-I have 3 swords and a long rifle for some reason to start now.
-Another man in the game is wearing a cheese hat and he sounds even MORE like Richard Nixon. He sells you the schooner you buy with the loan shark's money.
-If you take the money lender option instead of killing the man who pees on his crew, a money lender ship will eventually pursue you. It is insanely powerful and has sunk me 3 times.

And that's about all I've seen. I think it's time to move on. Thanks for watching, it was fun, visit our website on the internet for more amazing content!

But does Donovan have his voice files? This is the important question.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Dimebags Brain posted:

But does Donovan have his voice files? This is the important question.

Donovan is fully voice acted and also sometimes yells things on the boat during sea battles. Frankly, it's an unnerving experience and I decided to stop as to avoid ruining the pristine experience in my mind.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Red Bones posted:

this is a viral hint that Reality Pump Studios will continue the story of the Raven clan and the patriots patriarchs in an open world wild west sequel, Vulture's Cry, coming fall 2017. When Chris Raven's great, great grandson, Jeb Vulture, is left for dead by a gang of banditos, his quest for vengeance will see him riding and shooting and lassoing his way through hordes of bandits, racist caricatures of native americans, racist caricatures of mexican people, and into a conspiracy that leads all the way to the White House!

Red dead redemption 2 looking good.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

judge reinhold posted:

Thanks for watching, it was fun, visit our website on the internet for more amazing content!

If it's not sexy Chris Raven fan art it's just 'content' content.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

judge reinhold posted:

Donovan is fully voice acted and also sometimes yells things on the boat during sea battles. Frankly, it's an unnerving experience and I decided to stop as to avoid ruining the pristine experience in my mind.

Yeah, it'll never be as good as in my imagination. Oh Donovan-chan...

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold posted:

with what?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
What ever happened to Amazing Grace (Karaoke)? I never heard it in the game. Did they patch it out?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

bhlaab posted:

with what?

They replaced the weird foreign man who swallowed a bottle brush's voice and lines with the main Chris Raven voice actor with more coherent dialog. We made the right choice, everyone.

annapacketstormaya posted:

If it's not sexy Chris Raven fan art it's just 'content' content.

Be the content creator you always wanted to see.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold posted:

They replaced the weird foreign man who swallowed a bottle brush's voice and lines with the main Chris Raven voice actor with more coherent dialog. We made the right choice, everyone.

B-but if they had that dialogue from chris's voice actor then why...?

Okay if I keep asking questions the thread will never be over

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So the game went from hilariously bad to mediocre?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
RIP Kristoff Raven

necroid
May 14, 2009

Just caught up with the thread, this has been very entertaining as usual.

Any ideas on what you're playing next? Your LPs (together with those of very few other LPers) are the only threads left in this subforum that don't make me want to kill myself whenever I check the new replies.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
The Devs claim that no, they have not gone out of business and in 6-8 weeks the game is going to be almost totally revamped.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

necroid posted:

Just caught up with the thread, this has been very entertaining as usual.

Any ideas on what you're playing next? Your LPs (together with those of very few other LPers) are the only threads left in this subforum that don't make me want to kill myself whenever I check the new replies.

Thank you for the kind words, especially the ones that came at other people's expense. I don't think we have much lined up that would neatly fall into "having a thread in the LP subforum", but keep an eye on https://www.mendrinkincoffee.com for more amazing web content!

Bemis posted:

The Devs claim that no, they have not gone out of business and in 6-8 weeks the game is going to be almost totally revamped.

This is what we call "paying it forward" for "the next generation". Whoever wants to LP Raven's Cry again in the future can have something new to show, and invite us as guests. Sort of like a "Jimmy Kimmel" except even lamer.

Oski
Oct 20, 2010

Everyone has their dream...
Judge, have you any plans for more Perfect Blend podcasts? The L&O/50 shades is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Yes, there will be a LIVE! let'scast rating the yearly tradition... Summer Games Done Quick. I am very excited.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Can't wait, those are always amazing

Oski
Oct 20, 2010

Everyone has their dream...
Cool. I'll keep my eye on the audio section then, as am unlikely to catch anything live in th UK...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Coming at it quite late, but this was a very enjoyable MenDrinkinCoffee production. Of a game that... really really wanted to be Assassin's Creed IV? Maybe? Or maybe Risen.

Regardless, it's in the gap that you find so much entertainment. Thanks for a trip.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Glazius posted:

Coming at it quite late, but this was a very enjoyable MenDrinkinCoffee production. Of a game that... really really wanted to be Assassin's Creed IV? Maybe? Or maybe Risen.

Regardless, it's in the gap that you find so much entertainment. Thanks for a trip.

Thank you, as always, Glazius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It just isn't a good LP without Glazius coming in to resurrect it at page 15 or whatever.

• Locked thread