Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

goatface posted:

Dev console left accessible through gamepad controls? An A++ sign of a quality game that's appealing to the modding market.

It's a tradition by this point, the first Two Worlds on the 360 had this too, and it's even fully functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Sounds absolutely reasonable for a debug build, i don't see the problem?!?
nice

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

PrinceRandom posted:

I dunno if weed was a trade good in the 1700s

That's ok, this game takes place in the 1500's.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

^^George Washington had a cannabis farm and smoked it as well.^^

Oh yea, that's the stuff.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I like that for the characters that actually have a voice they donīt even try to give them a character model that fits the voice.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

That's ok, this game takes place in the 1500's.

Oh yea, that's the stuff.

That doesn't seem right even more.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's probably the cannabis used for rope and fabric production.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

It's probably the cannabis used for rope and fabric production.

Nope. There's a plot point.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

Nope. There's a plot point.
I kinda expected that after the Lucy song.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone pinpoint the era based on the firearm design, tia. We obviously can't trust anything else.

The IMFDB is disgustingly lacking.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Jesus, did the people from Phoenix Games voice the "maniac walking around with his sword out" reaction lines?

None of the voice actors seem to fit the character models, but that 16 year old voicing Sloth at the beginning takes the cake.

My theory about the writing in this game is that they just told the voice actors to just say whatever and they'd badly adapt the script to fit later.

e: Boatswain is pronounced "bosun".

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 13, 2015

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Jesus, did the people from Phoenix Games voice the "maniac walking around with his sword out" reaction lines?

None of the voice actors seem to fit the character models, but that 16 year old voicing Sloth at the beginning takes the cake.

My theory about the writing in this game is that they just told the voice actors to just say whatever and they'd badly adapt the script to fit later.

I'm pretty sure it's boat swan

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

You're thinking of the famous particle, the "God" particle.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Ah, yes, the hugs bosun.

By the way, how is the stealing actually supposed to work in this game? Is Chris's rampant telekinetics just another bug on the towering pile, or is there some kind of logic-like arrangement to all that?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Ah, yes, the hugs bosun.

By the way, how is the stealing actually supposed to work in this game? Is Chris's rampant telekinetics just another bug on the towering pile, or is there some kind of logic-like arrangement to all that?

the raven took the ear ring. Chris never had telekinesis just an invisible super bird.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I saw Invisible Super Bird play a festival about a decade ago.

TyreForHyre
Dec 22, 2011

Ask me about capital Ds and how disintegration is totally rad.
So you're saying that the invisible bird doesn't have telekinesis?
The lore of this game really reels you into that feeling of despair sure, but man is it a bit ambiguous at times.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When there crosshairs were hovering over someone and "steal" was flashing wildly, I like to think that was some kind of subliminal suggestion. Perhaps that's what drove Chris (the pirate) to a life of piracy.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

PrinceRandom posted:

the raven took the ear ring. Chris never had telekinesis just an invisible super bird.

The bird has a visible form, Chris just turned around right as he was about to show up. That or the bird has the same power Kel did in Mystery Men.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
There are a lot of questions about the bird, and I'll admit that even after editing the videos and also being there when they were recorded, I have no idea how it works. Do you have to be sneaking? Should people not be seeing you? I went to the game looking for answers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

PrinceRandom posted:

Chris Raven proved his telekinesis by killing a distant guard with his hook. This new power is actually Animal Control, the ability to telepathically command an animal to follow your orders. Captain Raven still needs some time to master his new psionic ability, however.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
As soon as I heard the name Lou, I was afraid we wouldn't get a Lou Bega joke since Anthony wasn't here but Diaper really came through.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

If I may ask, which version of the game are the Java Joes representing?
I'd hate to find out that you couldn't spring the extra $5 for the Digital Deluxe version, what with all these goodies:

The Digital Deluxe Edition of Raven's Cry contains:
  • A brand new location waiting to be explored, with extra quests and an additional 30 minutes of playing time
  • Two exclusive in-game items: the Grim Ripper figurehead and the mighty cutlass "Merciless". Both exclusive in-game items increase the respective abilities of Christopher and his ship when used
  • The digital Artbook: Enjoy 72 packed pages of original Raven's Cry artwork (PDF Format)
  • An extended version of the Official Soundtrack with a total of 140 minutes of content (MP3 Format)
  • All 8 classic pirate songs, including the traditional Irish and Mexican lyrics, including Whisky in a Jar, Hanging Willie aka Drunken Sailor, La Bamba, Da-YO aka Bananaboat Song and more
  • A digital Songbook including all of the Tavern songs with both the lyrics and the musical notes (PDF Format)
  • Exclusive Wallpapers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fREU5a6B4Q&t=111s

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

bhlaab posted:

Two exclusive in-game items: the Grim Ripper figurehead and the mighty cutlass "Merciless". Both exclusive in-game items increase the respective abilities of Christopher and his ship when used
Sooo... does that mean Christopher puts on the figurehead and ties the cutlass to the ship?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Last time on Raven's Cry, we settled the score. A man got shanked, we recruited a new Boat Swam, and we are finally ready to go on our non-tutorial maiden voyage. Pretend you didn't read the title of this episode and ask yourself, can the Men Settin' Sail survive life on the high seas? Did we remember to turn off the stove before they left? Watch and find out!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

bhlaab posted:

If I may ask, which version of the game are the Java Joes representing?

Indeed, we are "reprazenting" (old Pirate term) the Digital DX edition. I will post the wonders within at some point.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

On the bottom left, isn't the pair of = next to the center of the circle the firing line of the cannons?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
drat, that was some impressive avoiding there at the end!

I really think you should have gotten the speed upgrade though. It might have made turning around easier.
Also, could you not just go past and in a wide circle to use the other cannons, or is navigating too broken for that tactic to work?

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You are bad at boats. You need to play some Pirates! to get you up to the basic level of knowledge needed for a detailed simulation this groggy (hah!).

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I like the complete absence of body language in most conversations, it really helps make everything even goofier.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm starting to get the feeling this game isn't very good

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The Pacifist Pirate Chris

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

And judge wanted to fire this rock of a man.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

You guys realize the health bars are labeled and surround your minimap, right? Red is hull, yellow is sail, green is crew.

Also, I was unreasonably angry when you decided to destroy both schooners instead of boarding them after you killed all their crew. Your fate at the port was just desserts after you ignored prize-taking procedure and man o' war right o' way.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
                      I'm starting to get the feeling this game is extremely good
                                        /

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

You guys realize the health bars are labeled and surround your minimap, right? Red is hull, yellow is sail, green is crew.

Also, I was unreasonably angry when you decided to destroy both schooners instead of boarding them after you killed all their crew. Your fate at the port was just desserts after you ignored prize-taking procedure and man o' war right o' way.

They also missed the "Maintenance" tab on the screen where they were buying the cancon upgrades.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I like that it's apparently faster to turn your ship 180 degrees and fire with the other side than it is to reload.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Arrrrrrrr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

• Locked thread