Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: ANOTHER GOD drat HAT TRICK :siren:

Three years between them. Third in the last two weeks since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

I would like to introduce you to Chris Kunitz

He was so much better as a set up guy. When did someone decide he needs to score goals and not just get...

Empty loving net blow me goal...

assists like a madman?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Why did the league get rid of the "attainable pass cancels out an icing" rule?

they wanted to eliminate the judgment call element of it and make it black & white

i would also add, gently caress The Canucks

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Why did the Pens trade their first round pick?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
ROOT are so depressed atm

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So that lovely call iterally did cost the Pens a point. Johnston should be throwing the bench onto the ice right now

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
eddie lack bad

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

8 seconds later, burr :siren:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

:siren: BURROWS! :siren:

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
more like eddie ack

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pavelec also bad

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: FUCKIN RIGHTS BURR

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

to get a player who will very likely be better than that pick and who can help them right away on a team built to win now and in the near future

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This game is 5-3. The score is going to be 5-3.

THAT CAN'T HAPPEN IN THIS SERIES.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mage_Boy posted:

Because their front office likes to have the whole summer off

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
sigh. go Caps I guess. Please push Ottawa's poo poo in tonight.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Lets go... caps? :barf:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

to get a player who will very likely be better than that pick and who can help them right away on a team built to win now and in the near future

little did they know that pick might be eligible for Mcdavid

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Pavelec also bad

at least that was just a poo poo defensive play

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This is a weird game guys

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

So that lovely call iterally did cost the Pens a point. Johnston should be throwing the bench onto the ice right now

pens should continue to obnoxiously protest refs decisions in order to slowly but surely win the refs in their favor

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Ginette Reno posted:

There's still time for MAF to take a page out of Rask's book.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I knkw, but they way they are playing almost guarantee s a good pick for the Oilers if the Sens don't stop being on a streak.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
need this game to go to OT because I want both these teams in the playoffs

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I can't root for the Capitals, I just can't do it. Plus there honestly isn't that much difference between missing the playoffs and getting swept in the first round, and probably missing them entirely would be better for the long run.

I'm not gonna stoop to rooting for the Senators here but it's about the same either way, and anyway the Penguins will probably make it in anyway as long as they can beat Buffalo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

what is with these really bad teams playing their hearts out against the pens? arizona played last week like it was game 7 and Columbus is treating this like a damned playoff game. just lay down and tank you fucks you need mcjesus :agrh:

Nine straight wins. :smug:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the only way True Justice will be done to Dustin Byufglien is if his lovely terrible action has some major consequences for his team, so Let's Go the Canucks (in Regulation (please))

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

congrats on costing yourself a chance at a better pick i guess?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

need this game to go to OT because I want both these teams in the playoffs

I want Winnipeg to fail so badly. I loathe them for whatever reason.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Penguins had a target painted on them since they became "The face of the NHL"

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Congrats on being bad at the lottery chances?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone call up Kurt Russell and tell him to find his Herb Brooks wig.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Alright gently caress this poo poo, gently caress it all, gently caress everyone, gently caress Columbus' mother, gently caress crosby, gently caress malkin, gently caress hornquivst, gently caress MAF, gently caress Byslma, gently caress Johnston, gently caress mickey mouse and gently caress sitting inside on such a nice loving day.

gently caress you all, I'm going for a walk.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

let's go washington, toronto, buffalo and minnesota :barf:

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Are Penguins legitimately concerned about losing their playoff spot to Ottawa? I hadn't even considered the idea that anyone but Boston would have their spot up for grabs.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Godinster posted:

Are Penguins legitimately concerned about losing their playoff spot to Ottawa? I hadn't even considered the idea that anyone but Boston would have their spot up for grabs.

they had a 99.6% chance of making the playoffs prior to this game

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ThinkTank posted:

I also don't like Winnipeg but I just want to see playoff hockey in that atmosphere again, it's been a while for them. Then they can go back to sucking (plus, anything to keep the Kings out)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Godinster posted:

Yeah. The schedule for the Pens is tough. Gotta play Philly, Ottawa, and then the Isles.

They do get a game against Buffalo but it's looking scary right now because if (when) the Pens lose to the Flyers tomorrow and IF Ottawa wins their next two then that Tuesday game will be the Sens being just 1 point back of the Pens and it's in Ottawa

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

This is me, except with the Wild. Something about that team, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

I also don't like Winnipeg but I just want to see playoff hockey in that atmosphere again, it's been a while for them. Then they can go back to sucking

I want to see that terrible town continue to be terrible forever. They don't deserve anything nice. They'd just ruin it somehow.

• Locked thread