Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So I just asked for a credit ceiling increase for my Mastercard and I was informed that I never responded to an offer to apply for a Mastercard Black. So what the gently caress is a black card? All I know is they want 400 a year to keep it open so I said I'd think about it.

Also my credit limit right now is 12k on my Mastercard Preferred, I've barely used it except for buying guns and ammo and alcohol, basically I have never tipped over like 1k used and I always just pay it off the following paycheck. Apparently the mastercard black requires me to spend money to keep the card open. wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
I'm going to need your credit card # to properly answer your question.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

they make money off you not paying down the balance ASAP

you are a bad customer for them, so they want 400$ from you

why do you want the increase?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

:thumbsup:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's an attempt to piggyblack off the "black card" that is only given to the mega-rich/celebrities. Visa has one too. It's a ripoff by any means, and has no cred attached to it. Stay away

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's an attempt to piggyblack off the "black card" that is only given to the mega-rich/celebrities. Visa has one too. It's a ripoff by any means, and has no cred attached to it. Stay away

Oh, well after further research I have to spend $250,000 annually to keep the card. I don't want this poo poo.

a real jerk posted:

they make money off you not paying down the balance ASAP

you are a bad customer for them, so they want 400$ from you

why do you want the increase?

Getting an increase helps credit score by lowering my usage more and more. I get a limit increase of $1000 every 3 months

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

credit cards are scrub tier poo poo don't be messing with that

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
If you want legit questions about credit cards answered, got to Business, Finances, and Careers subforum.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

LethalGeek posted:

lol if you don't pay with everything with a credit card and not carry a balance and get free poo poo because of it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

If you want legit questions about credit cards answered, got to Business, Finances, and Careers subforum.

No this the correct location.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LethalGeek posted:

Had problems wth the cards huh dude.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

lol if you don't pay with everything with a credit card and not carry a balance and get free poo poo because of it.

I'm white so I carry like $60 in cash tops

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
OP you might want to consider signing up for as many credit cards as possible because by my understanding they are basically free money hth

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
mastercard black is a lesser version of their exclusive credit card for rich people, its for less rich people to feel better about themselves

there are super high rollers that need to spend like 200k a month to keep the no limit super special card, and the fact that that exists makes less rich people jealous cuz they want a super special card too

so they went ahead and made a card that requires less excessive spending to keep and has less benefits and is actually a pretty crappy deal altogether, from what i understand

but its a status symbol to pull out your "BLACK" credit card and have people THINK that its a centurion (or w/e its called, the super extra mega rich guy card) when its really not

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

Had problems wth the cards huh dude.

Nah the credit union straight up upped my limit out of the blue and i'm still unsure what prompted that move. I never use the thing I try to cash/debt everything cause gently caress giving VISA more money

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
If its Capital One gently caress them. I owed a small amount and after my heart attack I was out of work and didn't pay them. They actually took me to court for that small amount.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tony Homo posted:

If its Capital One gently caress them. I owed a small amount and after my heart attack I was out of work and didn't pay them. They actually took me to court for that small amount.

It must really suck to not pay your credit cards and have someone do something about it

I thought it was free money that big gubment gave me for doing that survay thing!

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

LethalGeek posted:

Nah the credit union straight up upped my limit out of the blue and i'm still unsure what prompted that move. I never use the thing I try to cash/debt everything cause gently caress giving VISA more money

haha what, in what way are you ever losing out in a credit card transaction unless you are carrying a fuckoff large balance?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

LethalGeek posted:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea getting 1-3% off everything I buy, the company automatically siding with me in any chargeback or fraud situation, and all for free is scrub tier poo poo.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 6, 2015

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yea getting 1-3% off everything I buy, the company automatically siding with me in any chargeback or fraud situation, and all for free is scrub tier poo poo.

Why would any reputable merchant accept to pay a transaction fee and run the risk of unethical chargebacks when they could be using Bitcoin instead? Sounds like a scam to me,..

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
The overwhelming benefit of having tons more customers/less cash to be stolen outweighs the fees and the occasional douchebag bilking you out of 5 bucks.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
but yes bitcoins and implanted RFID chips are the future

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I've used a debit card for the past 17 years or so, never had a problem

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
im gay

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

gnarlyhotep posted:

same x2

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

gnarlyhotep posted:

Well so have I, but I also plan to own a house later down the line and using my credit card how I have has given me a pretty good credit score in the mid 800s.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

gnarlyhotep posted:

debit cards have less fraud protection than credit cards

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

You should use a credit card every so often to build credit. Also you are leaving a few hundred dollars of free money on the table every year.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I guess I just like the convenience of not being able to spend money I don't have and not having to keep track of as much poo poo

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
If you don't bottom out your checking account every month (a much bigger penalty than having to carry a balance for a month) theres no reason. I pay off my card every month, never been charged a cent of interest.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
well then maybe there are different ways to handle finances that work for some, and don't work for others??

wtf??????

COULD IT BE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Well I mean one way gets you hundreds of dollars in free money, additional fraud protection, and builds your credit. The other way does none of that and puts you on the line for a ton in fees if you gently caress up.

Its not about "working" and you shouldn't be so defensive.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

well then maybe there are different ways to handle finances that work for some, and don't work for others??

wtf??????

COULD IT BE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what is your weight divided by your credit score

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I cant be dealin with no credat cards, drat, they wouldnt approve me because I lacked reputable history, please bitch I been husslin on this block for a decade and who is you 18 yo white bitch

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
sorry, I apologize I should have just agreed that your way is better than mine

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
No problem it happens

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I got free Amazon Prime for a year for spending like $1000 over a period of 3 months which is pretty loving easy to do if you just pay for everything with your credit card and then pay it off right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

gnarlyhotep posted:

I guess I just like the convenience of not being able to spend money I don't have and not having to keep track of as much poo poo

I hope you are 19 years old. Otherwise that poo poo is pathetic.

• Locked thread