Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Hopefully I am not too late to throw an app in the door! First time playing in a PbP so here is hoping! I had no idea how much gold we started with so I just went with the class stuff it gives you, plus the 15 gp from the Acolyte.

I took the Variant Human Trait so I received a Feat and +1 to two stats, as well as an extra skill.

pre:
Khidash Lodi, Level 4 Human Acrolyte Cleric of Lathander following the Life Domain, member of the Order of the Gauntlet

41 years of age, 5'10, brown hair, brown eyes

[STR: 13 | +1] [DEX: 10 | +0] [CON: 14 | +2] [INT: 8 | -1] [WIS: 18 | +4] [CHA: 14 | +2]

[HP: 31] [AC: 15] [INIT: +5] [SPD: 30]

[Prof Bonus: +2] [Prof Saves | WIS, CHA]

[Insight +5] [Medicine +5] [Persuasion +4] [Religion +1] [Perception +5]

[Spell DC: 14] [Spell Attack: +6]
[Cantrips: 4 Light, Guidance, Resistance, Sacred Flame | Lvl 1: 4 | Lvl 2: 3]

[Weapons]
Mace | +3 BtH | 1D6 + 1 | Bludgeon
Shortbow | +2 BtH | 1D6 | Piercing | 20 Arrows

[Armor]
Chain Mail | 16 + 0
Shield | + 2

[Money: 57 GP, 7 CP]

[Misc. Gear]

-From Acolyte-
Wooden Holy Symbol, Prayer Book, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, common clothes, a wooden whistle colored gold

-From Explorer's Pack-
Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope
strapped to the side of it.

-Other-
Gave Driftglobe away before parting

[Life Domain]
Bonus Spells: Cure Wounds | Bless | Lesser Restoration | Spiritual Weapon
Disciple of Life: Healing Spells heal an additional 2 + Spell Level
Channel Divinity: Preserve Life (20 HP)
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead

[Feats]
Alert - +5 INIT Bonus, Can't be surprised, No Advantage on me when attacker is hidden
Spellsniper - Druid Spell List - Thorn Whip

pre:
[Languages]
Common, Orc, Elvish, Dwarvish

[Proficiency]
Simple Weapons, Light, Medium, Heavy Armor, Shields

[Personality]
I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.

[Ideal]
We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world.

[Bond]
I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.

[Flaw]
I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.
[Backstory]
Where this older gentleman is from exactly is a question that the orphan has prayed for an answer to since he was old enough to clasp his hands willingly and say prayers in the name of Lathander. For Khidash his upbringing was one of devout dedication to the church and the various causes that it champions across the Realms. For his entire life he was raised in Baldur's Gate, trained in the craft of medicine and first aid to help attend to the sick and poor that were commonplace in the large bustling port city. His upbringing was spared the pain of being alone and hungry, and thus he knew that he needed to pay the privilege he was given forward to those less fortunate. When he was finally of age and felt blessed enough for a new calling in life, Khidash said his farewells to the men and women of the church who raised him from a small child, and set off in search of his own path to walk. The young cleric's mind was filled with ideas of all levels of grandeur. Starting a temple, leading to crusade, even becoming a wandering wight slayer was on the young man's mind at some point.

His travels have been full of ceremony, prayer, and knowledge thus far. He has experienced first hand the pains of hunger and the dangers of the road, both issues he only dreamed about in the worst nightmares happening to him. As time has made him older and wiser, he has learned that no man is safe from the calling of gold and fame. This has lead his boots to point to Red Larch, where he hopes he can join a company in a task for gold and glory. Looking back to his younger self and remembering how he used to view his life, he only sees now that perhaps he should embrace the aspects of growth that Lathander's works preach to better himself.

Perhaps he will be able to make a few conversions to Lathander's Light along the way...

Dr. Doji Suave fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Whatever you wanna play Waador, go ahead. I am sure we will make any sort of group we have work. :)

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Also my character is human so he has no special vision properties outside of looking for trouble.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Sorry it just occurred to me I answered your question about starting gold wrong :v: I had thought you were going to roll for gold to buy equipment, if you take the initial package of stuff you just take whatever gold your background gives you, if you roll for gold you have to buy everything but your background equipment from scratch.

Oh, WELL THEN!

I will just go with the default items. Way easier. I will fix immediately.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

His body would be returned to the soil through force of arms and consecrated.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I mean I could play it off as 'he might be a zombie but he has a heart of gold' but I would only do that if the rest of the party was up in arms about Khidash dropping the hammer on a party member or were on board the 'zombie Lars' train (I usually abhor the idea of PKing fellow members, but there is only so many lines that can be crossed).

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Unfortunately with my schedule tightening up, and my own game to run, I will need to bow out. :( It's been fun but I don't have the time to really 'dive into' the game like I wanted since the job change.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I was actually going to see about coming back now that my life is back in order, but it looks like there might be no game to come back to. :(

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

All leveled up, time to make a return post! :getin:

pre:
Khidash Lodi, Level 4 Human Acrolyte Cleric of Lathander following the Life Domain, member of the Order of the Gauntlet

41 years of age, 5'10, brown hair, brown eyes

[STR: 13 | +1] [DEX: 10 | +0] [CON: 14 | +2] [INT: 8 | -1] [WIS: 18 | +4] [CHA: 14 | +2]

[HP: 31] [AC: 15] [INIT: +5] [SPD: 30]

[Prof Bonus: +2] [Prof Saves | WIS, CHA]

[Insight +5] [Medicine +5] [Persuasion +4] [Religion +1] [Perception +5]

[Spell DC: 14] [Spell Attack: +6]
[Cantrips: 4 Light, Guidance, Resistance, Sacred Flame | Lvl 1: 4 | Lvl 2: 3]

[Weapons]
Mace | +3 BtH | 1D6 + 1 | Bludgeon
Shortbow | +2 BtH | 1D6 | Piercing | 20 Arrows

[Armor]
Chain Shirt | 13 + 0
Shield | + 2

[Money: 57 GP, 7 CP]

[Misc. Gear]

-From Acolyte-
Wooden Holy Symbol, Prayer Book, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, common clothes, a wooden whistle colored gold

-From Explorer's Pack-
Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope
strapped to the side of it.

-Other-
Gave Driftglobe away before parting

[Life Domain]
Bonus Spells: Cure Wounds | Bless | Lesser Restoration | Spiritual Weapon
Disciple of Life: Healing Spells heal an additional 2 + Spell Level
Channel Divinity: Preserve Life (20 HP)
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead

[Feats]
Alert - +5 INIT Bonus, Can't be surprised, No Advantage on me when attacker is hidden
Spellsniper - Druid Spell List - Thorn Whip

pre:
[Languages]
Common, Orc, Elvish, Dwarvish

[Proficiency]
Simple Weapons, Light, Medium, Heavy Armor, Shields
EDIT: Ry would it be okay if I upgraded Khidash to chainmail?

Dr. Doji Suave fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Ah poo poo, I won't lie I forgot about it! It slowed down and with Thanksgiving holiday being afoot been working 16 hour days. Will fire a post up tonight!

• Locked thread