Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im glad as hell theyre gonna get taken to the cleaners over this uva business too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

their credibility truely plummeted when they gave pinkerton 5 stars

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Raku posted:

TBH they became a historical curiosity the moment Hunter S Thompson died

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its hilarious how all their kid reporters try to be hunter which is the worst case of missing the forest for the trees ever

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

for a half way decent magazine, might i recommend the baffler

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

dogcrash truther posted:

If you doubted the original story, you're pro-rape :grin:

im pro everything. the only thing my constituents want are low taxes and guns. that means i get to vote yes a lot

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the great irony of the piece is that it takes place at uva, charlottesville is a profoundly vanilla place

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

idk it seemed legit, not outlandish or weird or outrageous in terms of my level of surprise, and a lot of other people did too and that I think is telling. I read that article and I'm pretty sure that even if they made it up that exact story has happened to many people and a lot of colleges don't really give a poo poo which is ridiculous when you think about how much tuition money you have to pay them.

I feel like college is the one service that when you pay tens of thousands of dollars you still get treated like poo poo and considering the current economic climate I feel like they should be a little more user friendly in terms of the student experience but that's a different thread.

rapes have and will always be a problem until the end of humanity, but stuff like this article smacks of the devil worshiping hysteria of the 80s and 90s. its like a moral panic

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

whatis posted:

someone in your community is raping

ftfy

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

jackie is a professional wrestler and the frat was the wwe.

she is the best heel since andy kaufman

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

GORDON posted:

I could link a bunch of stuff with citations but this is GBS so I'll just say

lol if u think campus cops are real cops

this is true. campus cops are literally police officers, with full authority, but in practice theyre just there to keep people out of trouble

a cop named adam used to come by my dorm and play ghost recon with us, he was a cool guy

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gently caress off out of my thread tezzer, i hope jackie coakley gets expelled on your behalf

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a good write up

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

some frats are better than others. its weird, sigma nu are always cool guys and pikes are always cunts

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

memy posted:

An NYU journalism professor wrote his thoughts on the Columbia report

http://pressthink.org/2015/04/rolling-stones-a-rape-on-campus-notes-and-comment-on-columbia-j-schools-investigation/

He's really mad at RS

:drat:

thats a oscar wilde level burn right there

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

memy posted:

I'll throw down $5

West SAAB Story posted:

Make mine $7.50.

$5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU