Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Agronox posted:

Well Other Nagato kind of confessed her feelings for Kyon, and that's been slowly paying off and holy poo poo I just realized that apart from a few good moments in this series it's purely been wishful thinking for Haruhi S3 that's kept me watching. I think this show actually worked best in the earliest episodes where it was more of a dumb comedy instead of a boring romance.

The most recent ep had a bunch of fanservice shots and remindewrs of E8.

What kind of fanservice shots

Asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Kyon fanservice. Shirtless Kyon, running on the beach, full of youthful energy.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can someone please gif dump cool/good poo poo from this show please

Sure thing!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Agronox posted:

One more ep to go.

Did anyone else stick around?

yes

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I really liked this show. Disappearance was crazy swing. The stuff before it pretty fun too. Not biggest fan of the denouement here but that firefly scene was cute.

On one hand I'm glad it got the time to build itself up, and also enough to give the shift enough weight, but I don't know what it is doing now or why it hasn't ended yet. Standing around and making Haruhi references for 20 minutes is exactly what I never wanted.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

kater posted:

I really liked this show. Disappearance was crazy swing. The stuff before it pretty fun too. Not biggest fan of the denouement here but that firefly scene was cute.

On one hand I'm glad it got the time to build itself up, and also enough to give the shift enough weight, but I don't know what it is doing now or why it hasn't ended yet. Standing around and making Haruhi references for 20 minutes is exactly what I never wanted.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It looks like we're finishing up with Kyon confessing to Yuki but being drowned out by fireworks. (chapter 37 in the manga) unless by some miracle they do an anime original ending. The OVA is still coming, which means they'll probably have that be the school festival arc, which is more or less a Haruhi reference fest.

As for those of you noticing the Endless 8 stuff, that's because they're having Haruhi's planned summer vacation a year later. As matter of a fact, I'm hoping they do through chapter 39 just because of it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
OK that was the perfect way to endless eight the series.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I unironically very much enjoyed this show

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

HiipFire posted:

I unironically very much enjoyed this show

That is good. I thought it had it's ups and downs. I'm not annoyed with myself for having finished it but I don't think I'd watch it again. There were some really nice moments but the pacing was VERY slow at times.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Does that after-credits sequence make the entire season worth it? It's debatable.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Between the post ending credits scene, and the recursive nature of the last scene (the alternate universe characters discussing turning the events into a novel, which would be like Melancholy, and thus eventually birth Disappearance, which ends with the possible creation of a novel), I can say I really did enjoy the ending.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was just fine with the Post-credits bit. I think it was needed to make the anime complete. That gives more hope to the OVA covering the school festival arc or maybe even skipping to the following arc if they wanted to avoid having Sasaki introduced. I just wish we didn't have to wait until November for the next book.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
the ova was kinda cool i liked it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

HiipFire posted:

the ova was kinda cool i liked it

It was a fitting extra end to the show.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is it any better/different from the show's ending, in vague terms?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is it any better/different from the show's ending, in vague terms?

Hint 1:
It is different yet the same but also not better.

Hint 2:
It's the show's post-credits sequence taken to it's logical conclusion.

Answer:
It's a remake of Endless Eight's 8th episode.

fake edit: "It is different yet the same but also not better" wow I should have just made this the thread title lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I reeeeeeally like the manga for this (mostly because the art and :3), but I still haven't finished the last ep and ova. Guess I should do that tomorrow.

• Locked thread